• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Just reminding you boys that I haven't forgotten about these opinions.
DsrA6Kc.gif

I still stand by it...Dallas doesn't exactly have the makeup to stop the Rockets either way. You got Rondo quitting on a playoff game coupled with an Ellis Barea Felton backcourt and no Parsons (not sure if the last one truly matters but offense is offense). Game would've been an even bigger blowout if Harden shot efficiently and Howard didn't get his. Also, IIRC, it was Josh Smith that blew the game open...

Shit I didn't even think about that. Goddamnit lol.

Yeah I've heard Donovan and Kevin Ollie. I feel like UK losing to Wiscy hurt Cal's stock / put leaving further from his mind. Which would make me happy in a super selfish way.

Why would he consider leaving UK? He has a perfect gig there, he will always have an endless supply of good recruits. It can't be money can it? I'm sure he is making close to, if not more than an NBA coach.

Fjordson

Why would he consider leaving UK? He has a perfect gig there, he will always have an endless supply of good recruits. It can't be money can it? I'm sure he is making close to, if not more than an NBA coach.
His salary is higher than every NBA coach not named Glenn Rivers, so it's not money.

I think people figure that because he failed in the NBA the first time he wants to go back and succeed. There's never been anything concrete to the rumours and Cal always says he's good with his current gig, but sadly I still get the feeling he'll leave for the pros at some point. Can't pinpoint an exact reason. I guess just because he's a competitive guy and isn't happy that his first run in the league didn't work out.

Like he hasn't been linked to the OKC job at all, but it honestly wouldn't shock me if he's their coach in a few months lol. You just never know.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
His salary is higher than every NBA coach not named Glenn Rivers, so it's not money.

I think people figure that because he failed in the NBA the first time he wants to go back and succeed. There's never been anything concrete to the rumours and Cal always says he's good with his current gig, but sadly I still get the feeling he'll leave for the pros at some point. Can't pinpoint an exact reason. I guess just because he's a competitive guy and isn't happy that his first run in the league didn't work out.

Like he hasn't been linked to the OKC job at all, but it honestly wouldn't shock me if he's their coach in a few months lol. You just never know.

Having to recruit a new team every year would get pretty old after a point.

Into

Is Thibs really on his way out of Chicago? Or is he just harmlessly beefing with ownership again?

That has been a widely reported rumor by many people id consider correct more often than not. Magic might a spot for him as they have a young roster he could mold.

As for Scott Brooks, as some guy said once, if i had a kid and i wanted a guy to coach my kid, it be Brooks. He seems like the nicest guy. But i wouldnt want him to coach 2 of the 7-8 best players in the league anymore.

You can bet your ass that Durant and Westbrook were both asked, as star players usually always are.

Mxrz

Long time coming with Brooks. Surprised they kept him this long. Can't see Westbrook and Durant ok'ing Thibs with all they've been through this year.

I agree with this statement, expect for replace "2016 NBA Championship" with "Meteor"

You'll get a team one day again. Don't worry.

Not so fast. They still need a decent coach to hire. Hopefully for their sake, Kevin Ollie.

Although didn't he sign a 4 year deal last year?

Well they got to the Finals and WCF purely on talent. Just get a decent coach that can properly utilize Westbrook, hope Durant/Ibaka aren't injured and get KD his first championship.

Not so fast. They still need a decent coach to hire. Hopefully for their sake, Kevin Ollie.

Although didn't he sign a 4 year deal last year?

Was listening to local sports radio and they said Ollie was asked about it and said he has no interest in leaving Uconn.

Monta Ellis is such an odd talent. When was the last time he had on the court chemistry with his backcourt partner? I can't think of anybody else other than Baron...(maybe Calderon last year?).

demigod

Rondo being a little bitch like he was in Boston, what's new? I would not let go of Carlisle to appease Rondo. Carlisle took the Mavs to a championship, what did Rondo do? Rode on 3 hall of famers back for it. I still think Mavs can beat the Rockets without Rondo.

Spurs taking tonight's game!

Rondo being a little bitch like he was in Boston, what's new? I would not let go of Carlisle to appease Rondo. Carlisle took the Mavs to a championship, what did Rondo do? Rode on 3 hall of famers back for it. I still think Mavs can beat the Rockets without Rondo.

Spurs taking tonight's game!

I'm pretty sure Cuban is smart enough to know that he has a top tier coach in Carlisle.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm pretty sure Cuban is smart enough to know that he has a top tier coach in Carlisle.

While I love Carlisle, the guy really has odd rotations that mess with the flow. It seems he always sticks to his rotation even if it's working. Doesn't usually change it unless things are already way out of hand.

JNA

Banned
While I love Carlisle, the guy really has odd rotations that mess with the flow. It seems he always sticks to his rotation even if it's working. Doesn't usually change it unless things are already way out of hand.

In defense of Carlisle, Cuban built a really odd team in the first place. The fact that he could have just kept his original championship team instead of blowing it up all for Deron Williams was also odd.

Odd team, odd rotations. I didn't even know Richard Jefferson was still a player in this league until yesterday. XD

did he hurt his back carrying all that baggage from boston to dallas

In defense of Carlisle, Cuban built a really odd team in the first place. The fact that he could have just kept his original championship team instead of blowing it up all for Deron Williams was also odd.

Odd team, odd rotations. I didn't even know Richard Jefferson was still a player in this league until yesterday. XD

He should've tossed Tyson Chandler whatever he was looking for. He basically cost Dirk a chance to repeat.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hah. Back injury. Sure

Rondo quit on them and they dont wanna play him anymore, anyway.

Thus, back injury.

JNA

Banned
Hah. Back injury. Sure

Rondo quit on them and they dont wanna play him anymore, anyway.

Thus, back injury.

I would be surprised if anybody actually believes that "back injury" as well.

Carlise finally got tired of Rondo's shit and probably laid the smack down on him.

JNA

Banned
So how much money has Rondo lost in these few months on his next contract?

He's not getting anywhere near a max or $12+ mill per year for 4 years that's for damn sure.

The only team that could be dumb enough to do that is either the Knicks or the Kings. With all due respect again to fans of those teams of course. :p

it's ok, the Knicks and the Lakers love overpaying for spunky and inefficient PGs. He'll get his money.

Since when?

ESPNStein said:
Mavs just announced that Chandler Parsons, on top of Rondo situation, is out for rest of SEASON and potentially facing surgery on right knee

It was kind of predicted that Parsons knee injury might be season ending
Well get the brooms.

Into

LoL

He fucking QUIT, in the playoffs no less.

Fuck outta here with "back" injury. He is barely playing basketball, they are Lamar Odom'ing him.

The guy is living off his reputation from years ago.

Top Bottom