• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

He got a 8 second violation in the first half. Then when the 2nd half started he had 2 fouls and fouled Harden twice on quick succession to give him 4 fouls which some people thought he did intentionally to get pulled from the game.

Damn. Gotta see video of this. His value taking a huge hit what a terrible max signing it would be for the Knicks, or Lakers.

Edit: Wow he looks so disinterested. Imagine if the Mavs just waited and traded for Dragic instead. Damn that Ellis, Dragic and Parsons transition.

Exactly, Noah is a threat to both drive and also a great passer.

Have you seen Noah lately???

Still plays his ass off but is one dimensional looking for cutters to pass to instead of being any kind of offensive threat.

Yeah, he doesn't have much touch at the basket but since Gasol arrived, I guess he thinks he doesn't need to take it to the rack.

This isn't good.

This team is more explosive than those Heats ones, and well, the Cavs play D sometimes :p

Although, yes, a more consistent effort is needed especially in the playoffs.

They got some great D pieces in Shumpert and a shot blocker in Mozgov, but I can see them making more D guys a priority this offseason

Mxrz

Howard looked like it was 2010 again. Good to see, even if its for another team.

Going to be hilarious if the Lakers go after Rondo and Love like some of the media types want.

Into

"Playoff Rondo"

He has been a bust all season and he is a bust now. Against a team that is not even that good defensively. Certainly compared to Warriors, Spurs etc. Beverly is not even playing.

There is no way the Laker front office goes for max on this guy, they cant be that stupid. Rondo belongs on the Kings or Knicks, some franchise without a clue.

JNA

Banned
There is no way the Laker front office goes for max on this guy, they cant be that stupid. Rondo belongs on the Kings or Knicks, some franchise without a clue.

Exactly. Clarkson at this point is the better player now (I don't care how humorish that sounds) while also being much younger and much cheeper. Rondo at this point would hurt the Lakers more being there than not.

Let him rot with the Knicks, a franchise with a history of bad decisions...with all due respect to any Knicks fans here of course. :p

Cipherr

The Heat played D.

That was their most underrated quality.

Yep. The media went on and on about it, but they were right. Those heat teams would lock a team up for a good 3-4 minute stretch and just wear them the fuck out. This cavs team is IMO nowhere near any of the last 3 years of the Heat with Lebron. Maybe that first year though, when they had NBA superstar Mike Bibby
u4hMLyi.gif

Mxrz

LeBron carried a pretty awful looking Heat team last year. I'd take the current Cavs team over them. Sort of like LeBron did.

Proud of the Wizards and hope they can sweep the Raptors 4-0 to truly send a statement. Had to deal with arrogant Raptors fans for two seasons now, it feels good to settle the beef.

Soonri

Damn noticed every one hating on Rondo around the internet. How bad was he in this game. How did he play only 10 minutes.
He had a 8 second violation in the backcourt in the first half and then picked up 2 fouls and a dumb tech in the beginning of the second half. Last time I saw a guy quit as fast as that was Odom.

"Playoff Rondo"

He has been a bust all season and he is a bust now. Against a team that is not even that good defensively. Certainly compared to Warriors, Spurs etc. Beverly is not even playing.

The Lakers would be stupid to look for a starting PG on the free market when they have one already on the roster to develop. Really they should just fire Byron Scott (holy shit is that man's coaching style antiquated), find an actual coach that will develop players and draft for talent. Clarkson and Randle are intriguing enough talents to develop.

You know the most telling instance of Rondo came during the 4th quarter of game 7 in the finals against the Lakers. I have never seen a defense completely sag away from a guard the way the Lakers did to Rondo. They basically dared Rondo to take wide open free throw line extended jumpers and the worst thing was that it worked. Rondo was completely mitigated that game and the Lakers played 5 v4 on defense against the other Celtics.

Into

Speaking of Rondo

Report: Rajon Rondo done in Dallas 'as long as the coach is back'

When Rondo realized his run with the Celtics was over this year, he planned to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers in the summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports. He expected a maximum contract. Once Dallas made the trade, he was open to re-signing with the Mavericks – only there are no max contract offers for Rondo on the market. Not in Dallas, nor Los Angeles. He's played his way out of that payday – not just this year, but since that terrible ACL injury two years ago.

…

Everything's pushing Rondo closer to his inevitable free-agent fleeing to the Lakers this summer. As long as the coach is back, Rondo's gone, sources told Yahoo Sports. The parting could be mutual.

Some Dallas fans are *still* doing damage control on Mavs forums. I would not trade Carlisle for 5x Rondo's (who would just pass to each other and run out the clock anyway)

Into

The Lakers would be stupid to look for a starting PG on the free market when they have one already on the roster to develop. Really they should just fire Byron Scott (holy shit is that man's coaching style antiquated), find an actual coach that will develop players and draft for talent. Clarkson and Randle are intriguing enough talents to develop.

You know the most telling instance of Rondo came during the 4th quarter of game 7 in the finals against the Lakers. I have never seen a defense completely sag away from a guard the way the Lakers did to Rondo. They basically dared Rondo to take wide open free throw line extended jumpers and the worst thing was that it worked. Rondo was completely mitigated that game and the Lakers played 5 v4 on defense against the other Celtics.

Yeah i agree that Clarkson has developed well, he has been under the radar because the Lakers as a whole have sucked, but if he played on a slightly better Laker team, his talents would showcase that much better. I dont buy Lakers giving this guy max, seems insane.

JNA

Banned
"During the 2008-2009 season, the average distance from the rim of Rondo’s field goal attempts was seven feet, and 55 percent of his shots were taken at the rim, according to Basketball Reference.

This year, that first number ballooned to 11.4 feet, and the second dropped to 30 percent.

To make matters worse, Rondo’s persistent struggles at the free-throw line reached hilarious proportions this season.

He averaged 1.4 free-throw attempts per game, the lowest mark of his career, and he shot 39 percent from the stripe.”

http://deadspin.com/rajon-rondo-is-gone-1699404316

Pure trash. Unless this guy gets a 4 year deal, he's gonna be out of the league within 2 years in his early 30s like Marbury and Steve Francis, just watch.

surprisingly, Rondo was a decent player when a team's defense had to account for 3 hall of famers on the floor and not so much when he's playing with teammates that aren't 3 hall of famers.

Dude was always crappy but it's easy to hide that when you had such great players on your team to give you great opportunities. Suck that Dallas got desperate enough to think he would work out because Dirk deserves better help than this.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
http://deadspin.com/rajon-rondo-is-gone-1699404316

Pure trash. Unless this guy gets a 4 year deal, he's gonna be out of the league within 2 years in his early 30s like Marbury and Steve Francis, just watch.

That article is a bit unfair. For example, his FTs were down to 1.4, but his career average is 2.5 anyway, and he's playing less minutes to boot. Sure, he doesn't fit in with these Mavs, but he could fit in elsewhere and succeed still. He was averaging almost 11 assists a game with the Celts this year, which is pretty good. There are many players who have struggled with one team but find success with another team. Rondo won't get a max deal anywhere on the planet but he can still be a successful starting PG for the next few years.

dream

surprisingly, Rondo was a decent player when a team's defense had to account for 3 hall of famers on the floor and not so much when he's playing with teammates that aren't 3 hall of famers.

Dude was always crappy but it's easy to hide that when you had such great players on your team to give you great opportunities. Suck that Dallas got desperate enough to think he would work out because Dirk deserves better help than this.

Agreed. It's gotta suck playing on a team with Amare Stoudemire, Raymond Felton, Richard Jefferson, and Charlie Villanueva.

Bread

Banned

Some of you have the shortest memories smh

JNA

Banned
He was averaging almost 11 assists a game with the Celts this year, which is pretty good.

Empty stats. He made the Celtics worse in his time there since the big 3 left, just like he made the Mavs worse now. The only system he fits in is a system where he is on a stacked team with 3 future hall of famers on it.

Woj bomb

Brooks out of OKC

Check out @WojYahooNBA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/590929834999734272?s=09

Took them long enough.

Some of you have the shortest memories smh

his lack of midrange jumpshot and his overall inefficient play was easily concealed by the fact that he was getting stupidly good looks and wasn't the highest defensive priority when teams had to defend Ray, KG, and Pierce. He's a mediocre PG that greatly benefited from that situation.

It wasn't that he was an all star player, it was that his teammates allowed him to put up all star numbers.

Thibs to OKC would be downright scary...

might as well grab westbrook's knees and throw them in a dumpster. Thibs aint happy unless his starters are shells of their former selves by the end of the season

JNA

Banned
harden 9 FGs made in 2 games for 48 pts.

James Harden:
Game 1: 4-11 FG's, 1-5 3PT, 15-17 FT's, 24 points
Game 2: 5-17 FG's, 1-4 3PT, 13-13 FT's, 24 points

No way will Harden get this many calls in the 2nd round right?

LeBron carried a pretty awful looking Heat team last year. I'd take the current Cavs team over them. Sort of like LeBron did.

I was wondering why you were talking so much shit about Miami, but then I noticed you are a Magic fan, LOL!!!!!! Just another generic Magic fan who talks shit about the Heat, even though the Magic have never done anything (1-8 in NBA Finals games, LOL).

P.S. Can't wait for Oladipo to come to Miami in a few years! He will make a great replacement for D Wade!

Fjordson

Still mostly reasonable statements imo. Styling on Dallas ain't no thing (sorry Dallas fans).

Next round is where shit gets real. Jordan vs. Dwight would be interesting.

This is where we conveniently post "Calipari to OKC" just to mess with Fjordson.

Though it seems like Twitter (Stein, Woj, Lowe) are saying Billy Donovan might be the college name to watch.

Fjordson

This is where we conveniently post "Calipari to OKC" just to mess with Fjordson.

Though it seems like Twitter (Stein, Woj, Lowe) are saying Billy Donovan might be the college name to watch.
Shit I didn't even think about that. Goddamnit lol.

Yeah I've heard Donovan and Kevin Ollie. I feel like UK losing to Wiscy hurt Cal's stock / put leaving further from his mind. Which would make me happy in a super selfish way.

With all the Rondo news, etc. I thought it was overlooked that Dwight went 8-11 on his FT's last night. His FT shot actually looks pretty decent now, I was surprised.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Empty stats. He made the Celtics worse in his time there since the big 3 left, just like he made the Mavs worse now. The only system he fits in is a system where he is on a stacked team with 3 future hall of famers on it.

That's just silly, but okay.

Anyway, Brooks out was inevitable. OKC needed a change, even though I thought Brooks did a pretty good job with that crappy roster this year.

I was wondering why you were talking so much shit about Miami, but then I noticed you are a Magic fan, LOL!!!!!! Just another generic Magic fan who talks shit about the Heat, even though the Magic have never done anything (1-8 in NBA Finals games, LOL).

P.S. Can't wait for Oladipo to come to Miami in a few years! He will make a great replacement for D Wade!

I think you meant to post this on Real GM.

Top Bottom