• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

JNA

Banned
they have Lin and paid for broken Nash so maybe i'm a bit off on the spunky part

We have Lin because the Rockets gave the Lakers their first round pick for free with him. Lakers didn't sign him. He's also expiring so having him in a tank year pretty much cost the Lakers nothing while getting a free draft pick.

And Lakers paid for the Nash that was an all star in Phoenix and far from inefficient. They didn't pay for a Nash that would later become broken a year later since he was far from that before. Yeah that trade was bad in hindsight but in no way is that any indication of Lakers signing inefficient or spunky PGs.

Especially In a tanking year while already having a future PG in with Clarkson already.

We have Lin because the Rockets gave the Lakers their lottery pick for free with him. Lakers didn't sign him. He's also expiring so having him in a tank year pretty much cost the Lakers nothing while getting a free draft pick.

And Lakers paid for the Nash that was an all star in Phoenix and far from inefficient. They didn't pay for a Nash that would later become broken a year later since he was far from that before. Yeah that trade was bad in hindsight but in no way is that any indication of Lakers signing inefficient or spunky PGs.

ill be honest, i just wanted to make a dig at the lakers and the knicks.

but really, if the knicks signed Rondo would anyone be surprised?

Fjordson

Man injuries / Rondo putting a damper on the Western playoffs. Mavs / Rockets and Blazers / Grizz aren't looking to be too competitive.

JNA

Banned
ill be honest, i just wanted to make a dig at the lakers and the knicks.

but really, if the knicks signed Rondo would anyone be surprised?

Ah, XD.

And no I would not be surprised. Knicks do have a history with moves like that.

Remember this?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg

And of course, the deal they made where they traded a young Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas and I think a few draft picks for an injured Antonio Mcdyess.

Oh...and Eddy Curry.

Tom Penny

LoL

He fucking QUIT, in the playoffs no less.

Fuck outta here with "back" injury. He is barely playing basketball, they are Lamar Odom'ing him.

The guy is living off his reputation from years ago.

Maybe he's been sucking because he's been a warrior all year playing with a busted back...

overcast

Man injuries / Rondo putting a damper on the Western playoffs. Mavs / Rockets and Blazers / Grizz aren't looking to be too competitive.
Yeah, I mean maybe the Blazers will come with some fire tonight but I doubt it. Hoping the Spurs can tie it up, if we make it through I want the Spurs.

It's a shame because I would argue that Blazers/Rockets first round series was one of the best I had seen last year. Also the OKC/Grizz one.

Fjordson

Yeah, I mean maybe the Blazers will come with some fire tonight but I doubt it. Hoping the Spurs can tie it up, if we make it through I want the Spurs.

It's a shame because I would argue that Blazers/Rockets first round series was one of the best I had seen last year. Also the OKC/Grizz one.
Yeah, last year's first round was nuts. This may be pretty dull outside of Spurs/ Clips.

JNA

Banned
Yeah, last year's first round was nuts. This may be pretty dull outside of Spurs/ Clips.

Yeah. Although I imagine the 2nd round will be nuts.

EDIT: oh wow...

Tommy Beer @TommyBeer
This season, Rajon Rondo became the first player in NBA history shorter than 6’6” to shoot below 40% from the free-throw line

He's making DeAndre Jordan look like Rick Barry in comparison.

Jonm1010

Banned
He has a really vanilla offensive system. It might prove to be a good decision, actually.

It absolutely is. I would challenge anyone to make the case that a team should hire Brooks over the current or possible alternatives out there.

The only way you end up with a Brooks is the same way we ended up with Monty Williams. You miss out on the top guys so you go to plan C and hope for the best.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah. Although I imagine the 2nd round will be nuts.

EDIT: oh wow...

He's making DeAndre Jordan look like Rick Barry in comparison.

I would like to say "who saw this coming?" But the truth is everyone did.

The only way Rondo ever made sense was if you bought into some far-fetched narrative about him not being motivated and somehow being able to turn on his self from 4 years ago and gel with a system that doesnt mesh with his style in a league that has passed him by.

Cuban deserves this though. He has made nothing but bad decisions since that championship roster. Including trying to relive nostalgia after failing to nab a star by trying to replicate the past.

When Dallas misses the playoffs next year it will be a glorious shit show in Cuban-land.

JNA

Banned
Props from Carlisle for keeping it real.

RG0BS1U.gif

Carlisle keeping it real like a boss.

J2 Cool

Mirotic ruled out of tomorrow night's game. Can't be good if they're announcing it that early. I definitely think he should just sit this series, or until a game 5 or 6 in a situation those came up. I'm surprised there never came a "negative mri" report or anything, just reported the swollen knee and quad strain.

Brooks should have been fired ages ago
I still remember he sat both KD and westbrook during a key stretch during the finals, like everyone else was struggling and they had a small lead in the 4th and obviously lost it
hes always been a smh coach, he never freed Lamb

thanks for the trade mavericks , haha

Rondo going to LA , boom

I think Stotts will get fired as well once Portland gets bounced by Memphis. Might depend on how the series goes. More than likely I bet he's gone though.

Mirotic ruled out of tomorrow night's game. Can't be good if they're announcing it that early. I definitely think he should just sit this series, or until a game 5 or 6 in a situation those came up. I'm surprised there never came a "negative mri" report or anything, just reported the swollen knee and quad strain.

They don't need him to beat the Fucks.

He's really smart in killing off a championship team the following year.

the only part of that team I would've kept was Tyson chandler with Dirk. And Cuban was trying to lure another young star player to play with Dirk. The thought was sound. Execution ultimately was off.

the only part of that team I would've kept was Tyson chandler with Dirk. And Cuban was trying to lure another young star player to play with Dirk. The thought was sound. Execution ultimately was off.

I was listening to one of the Dallas sports stations a while ago and they were talking to Tyson about him leaving the Mavs. I never knew that GS was interested in him as well, he said that his top two choices came down to GS and the Knicks when he left.

JNA

Banned
What makes you think he will blend well with George Karl?

I don't. I don't think Rondo would blend well with almost any team really unless they are stacked.

I only said it would be entertaining. Now that you mention George Karl...I want it to happen even more! XD

Not up to speed on the Rando situation. What seems to be his problem? Playing for Carlisle?

Can you imagine Chip Kelly not calling the plays on offense but someone like Bradford or Tebow changing it and running whatever they want? Carlisle was reluctant to have the offense be called by Rondo on several occasions. Rondo thinks he is the smartest person on the court and deserves that right.

It absolutely is. I would challenge anyone to make the case that a team should hire Brooks over the current or possible alternatives out there.

The only way you end up with a Brooks is the same way we ended up with Monty Williams. You miss out on the top guys so you go to plan C and hope for the best.

I'd love to see what Alvin Gentry could do at OKC or Washington.

Top Bottom