• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

spyder_ur

I think you probably explained why the West is seen as being so much tougher than the East. In the East, the best teams (Cavs, Bulls, whichever surprise overachieving but ultimately deflatable team) are much, much, much better than the other playoff teams in their conference, whereas the skill differential isn't that big between the top teams in the West.

That's not what we're seeing right now. The Warriors Rockets and Grizzlies are all cruising. Their opponents are not very good right now, as currently constructed.

I don't know how you can say this. OKC, Portland, Dallas and NO would easily make deep runs in the playoffs had they played in the East. You put the Bulls and Cavs into the West, and the odds would be much worse against them to reach the finals. There is ONE good team in the east right now - the cavs. Hawks are struggling against a team far below .500 and by every advanced metric, are one of the "worst" 60 win teams in NBA history. Bulls series could very easily be 2-2 and only Butler has been consistently producing game to game. The rest of the teams are just garbage, including my beloved Wizards, and would not even reach the playoffs had they all played in the west.

I guess this is where we disagree - I don't think any of those teams you listed (as they currently are) would be making deep runs in the East. I guess we just disagree there though.

I said it was overblown, not that it wasn't true that the West is overall better.

Into

He hasn't looked so good himself this series from what I've seen, Zbo got him shook. he's gonna want a max contract too right?

Oh for sure, there are rumors Spurs are interested, im not sure how the math works, how are they gonna afford maxing Leonard AND Aldridge? If Duncan and Manu retire i guess?

Kelly "KO" Olynyk

If its a dislocated shoulder he is done for the playoffs. Doubt it.

z5M5kqp.png

spyder_ur

Wow, what was KO plan with that foul? and how is just a common foul? Ugh.
They just kind of got tangled and he was trying to get leverage. From the replay it seemed like Love got his hand and arm in Olynyk's midsection and Olynyk reacted. I don't think it was dirty play, just unfortunate. I have had almost the same thing happen in the exact scenario playing basketball. God damn that hurts. Hope Love is alright.

Marcus smart driving to the basket makes me happy. Jared Sullinger shooting threes makes me sad.

I'm not sure what to say about Sully. I was a big cheerleader of his early, but his conditioning and lack of athleticism really limits himself and the team and his three point shooting has never really come around to make him into the Kevin Love-lite that I was hoping for.

Gerald Wallace covering LeBron James in 2015.

ANY Celtics defender covering LeBron James in 2015, really. But yeah...

I know he isn't a direct replacement, but I would like to see Mike Miller get some minutes now since Love may be out for the foreseeable future.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
WHY DO THEY STILL HAVE ALL OF THOSE CAMERA GUYS RIGHT ON THE BASELINE?

It should have been changed years ago.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
That Love foul.. Kelly needs to be suspended at least one game.. you can deliberately hurt a guy... come on.

Also, about LA and Portland? I think he explores more.. but in the end I think he stays. The grass isn't always greener.

Top Bottom