• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

spyder_ur

Damn I didn't know we had terrible misinformed posts on GAF until I entered the sports threads.

Neogaf sports thread are Hot Sports Take city, but I actually think there's some decent talk in the NBA threads.

No I'm tired of seeing this. This is complete bull. The only person who should be saying that is ESPN because they want to drum up excitement. The Warriors have wrecked all these teams all year and have the #1 def and #2 offense. That wasn't a mistake.

Based off the reg season there are only a few real competitors. Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, and Hawks. The Bulls might be there now too with D Rose but otherwise the rest of these teams aren't taking the championship. Could they? Yes and the Bucks could win the championship too but its not probable.

In my opinion the whole superiority of the West has been a little bit overblown period, but you're 100% right. Portland Dallas and New Orleans were clear non-contenders entering the playoffs, in my opinion. Granted, a lot of the depth of the West has been cut down due to injuries to teams like Portland and OKC. If they were at full strength it would be a different story.

But yes. In the West we have two elite teams in the Spurs and Warriors, two very good teams in the Grizz and Clippers. I'm not a believer in Houston at all but I won't go into it. That's the way I see it.

I think if I were to make a list of 5 teams with the best chance to win the title, 3 of them would be from the East.

I'm nowhere close to that
wow.png
, I'm at Old Yharnim and I've been taking L's all day like
tocry.png
cause I find anyone to summon for the blood beast at the end

I gave up on the dude on
top of the machine gun tower
dead.png

That rooftop mofo chugs bloodvials like madman. Best to do is find a way to move him near the edge of the roof. then start arrying all day. If you killed him by making him fall just restart the game and his drop will be near the edge where he stood alive last. There is a way to cheese it but it wont be fun. Fight vs hunters is the best part of the game imo. The moment i saw his dank ass armor thats when i knew i gotta chop this fool to pieces.

dream

In my opinion the whole superiority of the West has been a little bit overblown period, but you're 100% right. Portland Dallas and New Orleans were clear non-contenders entering the playoffs, in my opinion. Granted, a lot of the depth of the West has been cut down due to injuries to teams like Portland and OKC. If they were at full strength it would be a different story.

But yes. In the West we have two elite teams in the Spurs and Warriors, two very good teams in the Grizz and Clippers. I'm not a believer in Houston at all but I won't go into it. That's the way I see it.

I think if I were to make a list of 5 teams with the best chance to win the title, 3 of them would be from the East.

I think you probably explained why the West is seen as being so much tougher than the East. In the East, the best teams (Cavs, Bulls, whichever surprise overachieving but ultimately deflatable team) are much, much, much better than the other playoff teams in their conference, whereas the skill differential isn't that big between the top teams in the West.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I was at the Blazers game tonight, and man...I've never seen our crowd so out of it. We were thirsty for a run, but you have to give Memphis all the credit in the world. I hope Conley is ok.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't know how you can say this. OKC, Portland, Dallas and NO would easily make deep runs in the playoffs had they played in the East. You put the Bulls and Cavs into the West, and the odds would be much worse against them to reach the finals. There is ONE good team in the east right now - the cavs. Hawks are struggling against a team far below .500 and by every advanced metric, are one of the "worst" 60 win teams in NBA history. Bulls series could very easily be 2-2 and only Butler has been consistently producing game to game. The rest of the teams are just garbage, including my beloved Wizards, and would not even reach the playoffs had they all played in the west.

What happened to lillard, he's not as clutch as I remembered

He's just overmatched. Outside of a good series against the defense-less Rockets last year, he's been pretty average to bad in playoffs so far. He's killing the Blazers with his decision making. He needs to realize he's not Steph Curry and stop throwing up so many threes.

Top Bottom