• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Saw the Love incident and not sure what to think.

Looks like a play that happens all the time but unfortunate Love got hurt, doesn't seem longhair is an MMA fighter but shit happens.

Sanjuro

Yes, I said they should be hurting the Celtics players, that's exactly what I said. STFU

This all started after Love's shoulder was popped out by a Celtic's player.

We gonna pretend a no-call on a blatantly non-basketball move (plus Perkins not getting ejected a few minutes ago) didn't set the tone?

Comparing Love play to the latter two?

gVoe9fI.gif

spyder_ur

I play ball as well and KO actions don't make sense even in the scenario you are painting. The ball was going on a completely different direction.

It was a dirty play with bad intent, I'll continue to think that until I see something that disproves it.

I guess that's the difference. I think it was an unfortunate situation but you think that Kelly Olynyk, with no history of dirty plays or causing injury, suddenly decided to rip Kevin Love's shoulder out of his socket and found the exact perfect scenario to do it. I think he reacted instinctively and probably too aggressively and the momentum and limitations of the human body did the rest.

If you want to talk bad intent, there's been some other plays that fit that about 10x better.

dream

At this point, I'm expecting Crash Wallace to discretely slide a foot under Lebron when he goes up for a jumper.

That was a really dumb move by Smith. He's too important to do that shit and why would you do it to Crowder? Now Perk bodying Olynk. That's something the team could have gotten behind.

I guess that's the difference. I think it was an unfortunate situation but you think that Kelly Olynyk, with no history of dirty plays or causing injury, suddenly decided to rip Kevin Love's shoulder out of his socket and found the exact perfect scenario to do it. I think he reacted instinctively and probably too aggressively and the momentum and limitations of the human body did the rest.

If you want to talk bad intent, there's been some other plays that fit that about 10x better.

I don't see it as dirty and I don't like that Olynyk.

Just a mad scramble for a loose ball with both holding and one got the worst of it.

Love was using his arm to fend off the Celtics player(you see Olynyk grimace as Love touches him) and the response was in turn.

I see no evidence of a really dirty maneuver or at least there is no proof that it was dirty.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Comparing Love play to the latter two?

gVoe9fI.gif

Again, you're missing the fucking point. Love is now out, because of a Celtic's player who pulled down on his arm, it wasn't simply an accident. Unless you think this is an accident,

7eKO14Q.png

Kacar

JR is so stupid. So lame.

He hit him so hard he twisted and tore something in his knee it seems.

3 game suspension seems likely..

Sanjuro

Again, you're missing the fucking point. Love is now out, because of a Celtic's player who pulled down on his arm, it wasn't simply an accident. Unless you think this is an accident,

7eKO14Q.png

Did that just randomly happen or were they chasing a loose ball?

Hmm...

HMMM....

Sanjuro

Why would Love give Kelly his arm? Makes no sense if he was just minding his own business.

Are we really trying to dumb it down this far?

7eKO14Q.png

I know I'm going to sound like a gigantic homer but I bet you'd see a similar image from almost every game. It just so happened that this time ended in an injury. The refs probably should've called it a foul but it wasn't as evil as some people are making it out to be.

I don't think it's really that comparable to punching a guy in the head.

The refs probably should've called it a foul but it wasn't as evil as some people are making it out to be.

That's literally all I'm saying, though. I'm not saying Olynyk is a human representation of a landfill (at least not now), but the refs fucked up by not calling that a foul and then fucked up even further by not ejecting Perkins.

You have to keep some semblance of control so shit like that Smith flagrant doesn't happen, and they failed miserably.

The other plays by Perk & JR are dirty as fuck and I don't see anyone making apologies for them so I don't understand what are you trying to

Keep building a strawman, I just said he pull pushed and leaned on Love shoulder in a direction it made no sense for a play on the ball. I think he did it with intent as well.

otapnam

I know I'm going to sound like a gigantic homer but I bet you'd see a similar image from almost every game. It just so happened that this time ended in an injury. The refs probably should've called it a foul but it wasn't as evil as some people are making it out to be.

I don't think it's really that comparable to punching a guy in the head.

big guys hook each others arms all the time - maybe if love just gave up on the ball instead of trying to stretch both ways he might not of gotten hurt so bad

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
People need to understanding locking arms happen all the time in basketball.

Sure, but that wasn't simply locking arms. How often are people's shoulder's popped out because of being locked in arms? The dude clearly did more than just lock arms, he grabbed and pulled down.

v0yce

7eKO14Q.png

If you back the video up a bit it will look like Love is throwing and elbow to his stomach. Looking at a still frame doesn't mean anything.

This stuff happens all the time. They were "fighting" for a loose ball. It was physical. They got tangled. And the injury happened. The injury absolutely was an accident. Olynyk certainly purposefully grabbed his arm after all the pushing to try and keep him from going for the ball but no way did he use his elite MMA training to dislocate his shoulder.

Come on.

Sanjuro

Sure, but that wasn't simply locking arms. How often are people's shoulder's popped out because of being locked in arms? The dude clearly did more than just lock arms, he grabbed and pulled down.

...do you know what locking arms is?

Are you going to blame the Boston water for not hydrating LeBron?

spyder_ur

The other plays by Perk & JR are dirty as fuck and I don't see anyone making apologies for them so I don't understand what are you trying to

Keep building a strawman, I just said he pull pushed and leaned on Love shoulder in a direction it made no sense for a play on the ball. I think he did it with intent as well.

I'm not building a strawman. You brought up intent. I don't claim to know the intent of Olynyk but I find it unlikely he was trying to hurt Love knowing context of the play, the players involved, and having personal experience with similar plays. Your argument is basically that "I think Olynyk was trying to hurt Love", ignoring what others here are saying, what the broadcasters said, video evidence, and any real context.

Into

Since Perk did not get tossed, maybe JR gets 1 game, maybe.

Should get multiple
Dont mention it Bulls fans ;)

Top Bottom