• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Shun

So happy that Harrison Barnes regained his confidence and didn't regress like Andris Biedrins did...

I hope Barnes stays in Oakland, dude is just so chill. Posts his PO Box on Twitter so he could autograph and send back stuff fans want signed.

Dynomutt

I may need to look back, but it doesn't help that in the last play Butler went inside and pulled in his defender as well. That same defender was the one that got the turnover.

Edit: It's in some ways good that Rose is willing though to take those vital shots. Certainly different from Lebron.

Good point. It did help them in the last play of the last game though. Turner and co. we're so focused on LeBron that they left Love open for the dish and 3 point shot. I do remember it causing them to lose games in Miami though.

Fjordson

No.

They live at the threepoint line, they need much more than that to beat complete teams.

They're still the Warriors until they prove something.
Not really. Second in the league in points in the paint per game. And their defense has been #1 all season, helps them keep pace with people when their shot isn't falling.

LOL Top 5 on offense and defense. I'd love to have an incomplete team like them.

I never said they were incomplete.

Plus, it's not like they didn't have strong offense before and it's not like Curry and Klay Thompson are new additions.

They're better than they were back then but I wouldn't pick them over teams that have done it before.

No.

They live at the threepoint line, they need much more than that to beat complete teams.

Yes..they've beaten both teams when playing their game already. It would be competitive series. Steph isn't just your average 3 point shooter since he can shoot them efficiently and at a high volume without requiring anyone to create for him. There isn't a single player in the NBA that can do that.

I'm less worried about Memphis than I am about the Spurs (not saying that Memphis can't beat the dubs- just that the match up isn't bad for the Warriors as it was in the past). With Festus improving, we actually have beef to contend with Gasol and Randolph down low. The Spurs on the other hand are so good at making you play their game....

Shun

San Antonio's faking everyone out with this Marc Gasol/LaMarcus Aldridge talk.

They're really waiting a year in 2016 where Tim Duncan retires and Anthony Davis signs with the Spurs after AD rejects his contract extension with the Pelicans. That's when they have cap flexibility with more money. R.C. Buford got this.

Glad the Bucks got one at least. It's good for experience with that young team. Hopefully when Parker comes back next year this team can make the next step.

San Antonio's faking everyone out with this Marc Gasol/LaMarcus Aldridge talk.

They're really waiting a year in 2016 where Tim Duncan retires and Anthony Davis signs with the Spurs after AD rejects his contract extension with the Pelicans. That's when they have cap flexibility with more money. R.C. Buford got this.
That's what I've been saying. We shall see.

6f5Ywac.png
I'm gonna need a report when you get the the Unseen Village.

Incredible game. The latest patch was heaven sent. Before patch a death is 10x much more painful because of that ridiculously long load screens. It will really make you think twice before doing some risky shit again lol. I'm totally lost in the game, no clue where to go next. And anywhere I try to go Im getting my ass kicked :mjcry.

I'm nowhere close to that
wow.png
, I'm at Old Yharnim and I've been taking L's all day like
tocry.png
cause I find anyone to summon for the blood beast at the end

I gave up on the dude on
top of the machine gun tower
dead.png

No.

Damn I didn't know we had terrible misinformed posts on GAF until I entered the sports threads.

Anyone can beat anyone in the West.

No I'm tired of seeing this. This is complete bull. The only person who should be saying that is ESPN because they want to drum up excitement. The Warriors have wrecked all these teams all year and have the #1 def and #2 offense. That wasn't a mistake.

Based off the reg season there are only a few real competitors. Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, and Hawks. The Bulls might be there now too with D Rose but otherwise the rest of these teams aren't taking the championship. Could they? Yes and the Bucks could win the championship too but its not probable.

Daft Bird

Being a Blazer fan and watching these games are breaking my confidence in them. Lets see if we can turn around after that sub par quarter

Being a Blazer fan and watching these games are breaking my confidence in them. Lets see if we can turn around after that sub par quarter

You don't have any reason to really be worried. Your team is ravaged with injuries before that they were quite good. Now if LA and Wes Matthews leaves in the off season that's a whole different thing.

Fjordson

Based off the reg season there are only a few real competitors. Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, and Hawks. The Bulls might be there now too with D Rose but otherwise the rest of these teams aren't taking the championship. Could they? Yes and the Bucks could win the championship too but its not probable.
Yeah I really don't think the Grizzlies have much for the Warriors at this point. Their strength is in the post, but GS has two of the best interior defenders in the league. And Z-Bo and Marc aren't really playing great lately (Z-Bo is scoring 13 ppg on 31% shooting against a defense much worse than the Warrior's). Conley is good on the perimeter, but Curry cancels him out, and we definitely ain't gonna lose an entire series to the likes of Jeff Green or Tony Allen. Their perimeter scoring in general is kinda shitty.

I'm gonna look like a jack ass for this post if GS loses in the next round, but I just don't see it.

Bulls beat the Heat a lot in the regular season.

I'm not downplaying the Warriors, just saying they aren't battle tested and I'd favor the Spurs.

Anyone can beat anyone in the West.

Except the Clippers can't.

If I were a neutral observer, I'd favor the Spurs as well but fan is short for fanatic and well you know the rest..
Go dubs.

Edit- I don't see Memphis as a lopsided matchup for the Warriors either as of right now. Ask me during the first half of the regular season, and I might've said otherwise since they had our number prior.

If I were a neutral observer, I'd favor the Spurs as well but fan is short for fanatic and well you know the rest..
Go dubs.

It's really hard to win at Golden State.

That could mean everything in that series or the Spurs could be roadwarriors.

They certainly wouldn't plow over the Warriors like they did the Heat on the road though.

Top Bottom