• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

They just kind of got tangled and he was trying to get leverage. From the replay it seemed like Love got his hand and arm in Olynyk's midsection and Olynyk reacted. I don't think it was dirty play, just unfortunate. I have had almost the same thing happen in the exact scenario playing basketball. God damn that hurts. Hope Love is al...

I disagree. It was a disgusting play. He leans and tugs on the shoulder of love. That's intent.

dream

To be perfectly honest, the smart move would have been for Crowder to "accidentally" knock out Kyrie while "trying to get to Perk." That would have been the smart team play there.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
How the fuck wasn't Perkins ejected for that? lol

They just kind of got tangled and he was trying to get leverage. From the replay it seemed like Love got his hand and arm in Olynyk's midsection and Olynyk reacted. I don't think it was dirty play, just unfortunate. I have had almost the same thing happen in the exact scenario playing basketball. God damn that hurts. Hope Love is alright.

This is not simply being tangled up:

7eKO14Q.png

spyder_ur

I disagree. It was a disgusting play. He leans and tugs on the shoulder of love. That's intent.

I'm telling you, that type of arm bar grappling is pretty common amongst big guys in basketball. Watch Andrew Bogut, watch Marc Gasol, watch Noah or Pau. It looks like Love put his hand in Olynyk's stomach, you can see Olynyk grimace, and then Olynyk clenches and pulls the arm.

Like I said, I've had almost the exact play happen to me during a game. Chasing a ball towards the sideline, put my arm out to shield a guy and because he pulled my arm to gain leverage at the same time that I was pulling away, I dislocated my shoulder. It's just one of those things, but yeah it's too bad.

I'm telling you, that type of arm bar grappling is pretty common amongst big guys in basketball. Watch Andrew Bogut, watch Marc Gasol, watch Noah or Pau. It looks like Love put his hand in Olynyk's stomach, you can see Olynyk grimace, and then Olynyk clenches and pulls the arm.

Like I said, I've had almost the exact play happen to me during a game. Chasing a ball towards the sideline, put my arm out to shield a guy and because he pulled my arm to gain leverage at the same time that I was pulling away, I dislocated my shoulder. It's just one of those things, but yeah it's too bad.

I play ball as well and KO actions don't make sense even in the scenario you are painting. The ball was going on a completely different direction.

It was a dirty play with bad intent, I'll continue to think that until I see something that disproves it.

dream

See? They were able to do that because Crowder is perceived as being soft. He could have avoided that by "accidentally" taking out Kyrie earlier.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Classy poster right here.

Classy posters!

Yes, I said they should be hurting the Celtics players, that's exactly what I said. STFU

This all started after Love's shoulder was popped out by a Celtic's player.

Top Bottom