• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Ledbetter

Nice to see Grizzlies going to second round, but without Conley I don't think they can do much against the Warriors. I feel bad for the guy.

demolitio

I just think he'll stay another year with a team that's a contedner and THEN go if that's what he wants. My issue is that they assume he was already out the door just to create more drama when the day before Game 4, he was honestly expressing joy at being the playoffs and his back wasn't bothering him anymore which you could tell in the first 3 games. They were even running more mid-range and post plays for him in the beginning of Game 4 since that was mentioned as another key to success.

I just hate how they use his injury to talk about free agency again when there's no way of knowing what will happen. But even if he plans on leaving at some point, it makes sense to stay one year and try to get a title before leaving and then getting the new max deal. I don't see him going to a team that has not shot at going deep in the playoffs since that's his main goal right now.

It's just a pointless discussion since only he knows what will happen, but I hate how they didn't even give people time to deal with his injury before turning it into his FA talk. Jalen Rose said right after Game 4 that Love just played his last game in a Cavs jersey and then you had articles popping up about how Boston just ruined their chances of getting him like it was a set thing.

He could leave, he probably won't at least until the following year where he could possibly meet up with Westbrook in L.A. since I find that more likely than Boston or any other team, but there's just no telling what will happen now yet that's all Cavs fans hear after losing a key piece to their contending team. It's just salt in the wound really.

Not to mention, he's gone out of his way to reassure Cavs fans that he's staying but that's always ignored. Sure, some players lie to keep the team chemistry going and to not piss anyone off, but he said it on numerous occasions when the talk was the loudest until he finally realized it was pointless just like LeBron with his media frenzy.

Like I said, there's no way of knowing what will happen, just found it disrespectful to focus on that conversation at a time when Love needs a lot of love (see what I did there? See it?!?!) and fans are upset. Just seems classless, but then again, sports media has focused on being more like TMZ than covering the games themselves.

Nice troll with the Olynyk trade idea you bastard...

demolitio

Olynyk or Phil Pressey but not both.

Would Ainge do the trade knowing Olynyk would be a sacrifice to the gods to try and break the curse?

If there was one positive thing to come out of that injury, it was the articles saying Boston screwed their chances since it was just absurd enough to be funny. I think some of the crowd cheering as he want into the locker room would be pretty detrimental though...lol.

I think the Cavs showed they had Love's back though, to the point of being incredibly stupid and detrimental to the team when they have a lot to lose compared to the Celtics. J.R. has impressed me all year and then he does something like that...At least Perkins proved why the Cavs got him to be an enforcer and LeBron's hype-man.

If you compared Love's comments to LMA's comments about free agency, there's definitely a different tone and I think he's far more likely to leave than Love regardless of contract situations.

But we all know the only free agent that matters is Rondo. Reminds me of some of the numbnuts on r/nba that said the Cavs should have traded Kyrie for Rondo since he's a real PG and he can play defense. Probably the most ridiculous trade idea ever yet they were being serious. I'm just wondering if Rondo's stock went way down or if a team like the Lakers will still offer him top dollar.

overcast

I'll agree with Warriors in 6, I wonder if Conley will be able to play? If he does they are in better shape.

I wonder where LMA would go. I think he wants to be in Texas again, I would love for us to get him but we won't have the money this year. Spurs and Dallas both look like pretty good options for him. If he goes to the Spurs they get another 5 years of playoff births and deep runs.

Tom Penny

Or it could be a good thing as if the Warriors aren't hitting 3's their offense slows up, whereas Memphis have a good midrange and paint game.

That sounds great and all but that's why you play a whole series and GS is simply a better team then Memphis. As good defensively and considerably better offensively. If Conley can't go it makes it even more lopsided.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
11176469_963294287048169_1471895686_n.jpg

:(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thoughts on my Hawks

We are the better team, but that doesn't mean we will win game 6. That being said don't expect a game 4 like shooting performance in Brooklyn again. That was a fluke.

On another note while this should have been an easier series it goes to show just how big Sef getting injured by the Police is. He was arguably our 2nd best defensive player, another big so Pero didn't have to play as much, and the first player off the bench.

We've never been the same since his first injury back just before the All Star break. Coach jusy hasn't found a great rotation since then. Couple that with that fact that despite the talk it's obvious both Paul and Al are hurt more than they'll admit on camera and Korver has been closer to 33% vs 50% from 3 and boom there you go.

The Hawks got lucky though in that if they can get to the ECF Love won't be there. Brook Lopez has killed us so far this series, and Love could/would do the same.

PS: It's worth noting if Teague shoots better than 50% from the free throw line down the stretch in game 4 the series is over. He's normally an 80%er.

Fjordson

Or it could be a good thing as if the Warriors aren't hitting 3's their offense slows up, whereas Memphis have a good midrange and paint game.
Warriors have maybe the two best interior defenders in the league right now though in Draymond and Bogut. Z-Bo and Gasol will get theirs, but I don't think they'll be enough to win 3-4 games. Guys like Courtney Lee and Udrih will need to be really good I think.

Warriors also score the second most points in the paint (behind Memphis) so it's not only 3's. Though they're #1 in 3 point shooting so they'll hit their fair share (and Memphis is only 21st in 3 point percentage).

Warriors have maybe the two best interior defenders in the league right now though in Draymond and Bogut. Z-Bo and Gasol will get theirs, but I don't think they'll be enough to win 3-4 games. Guys like Courtney Lee and Udrih will need to be really good I think.

Warriors also score the second most points in the paint (behind Memphis) so it's not only 3's. Though they're #1 in 3 point shooting so they'll hit their fair share (and Memphis is only 21st in 3 point percentage).

Ezeli also adds significant front court defensive depth.

dream

I dunno, I give the Grizzlies a better chance than most of you because I expect them to play rough, hit Steph and Klay with good, hard playoff fouls, and bang both Splash Brothers up pretty badly.

Fjordson

I dunno, I give the Grizzlies a better chance than most of you because I expect them to play rough, hit Steph and Klay with good, hard playoff fouls, and bang both Splash Brothers up pretty badly.
Eh, people have been trying that for years now. Never done much.

It's all up to Bogut and Draymond imo. If they can keep Gasol and Randolph from dominating then I like Golden State's perimeter players on both sides of the ball over Memphis'.

edit: this is all assuming Conley is out at least 3 games or so. Still think GS wins if he's back, but it's a much tougher series.

Top Bottom