• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
My West bracket looks like somebody took a red pen and just went to town on it. But the other three I'm not doing terribly bad in. Only one wrong pick in the North (had Buffalo over West Virginia) and if Dayton upsets Providence I'll be perfect in the East. South isn't spectacular, but all my Sweet Sixteeners won or are winning, so it's only the West that got properly fucked.

The top of my bracket is great. The bottom of my bracket looks like shit. I got all but one right in the Midwest (Buffalo over West Virginia) and I'm perfect in the East so far (have Dayton beating Providence). In the West and South I'll probably end up with 4/8 right in both and still have all my Elite 8 teams. I'm basically ok with my selections in the South bracket but annoyed with myself with what I picked in the West. Thought I picked Ohio State over VCU until I looked at my bracket after the game. Also don't know why I picked Harvard over North Carolina. Other two I got wrong are whatever (Georgia State over Baylor because I couldn't pick two 14's over 3's and Wofford over Arkansas because I was picking against every non-Kentucky SEC team).

Kevtones

I'm somewhat worried about Oregon though but not to much.

Oregon only returns 3/15 from last year's team.

However, last year these teams met in the Round of 32 and Oregon led by 12 at half-time. It was basically a home game for Wisconsin (played in Milwaukee) and this year its in Omaha (where Altman used to coach).

Oregon is tiny and unless they go off I can see Wisky dominating if they shoot well. Oregon has weirdly awesome chemistry though and some a few NBA-ish talents so there's a shot.

Ok this I have to share with you guys. There is literally only ONE PERSON in the entire ESPN bracket challenge, that has a PERFECT bracket after the first round.

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2015/en/leaderboard

The guy has Duke and Kanas in the final game and Duke winning it all. Very strange finals.

Thought it was pretty cool. I can't even imagine being that guy right now lol.

meh, dude's bracket isn't gonna last much longer anyway

they never do

Cincy
Georgetown
Arkansas
NC State

is the best I got. Good luck if you decide to play.
Sounds tempting.

cincy +17
GTown +4 1/2
Arkansas +4 1/2
NC State + 9 1/2

Only one that would get me nervous is the Arkansas game. I may replace them with Norte Dame. I'm playing on house money thanks to UCI.

Sounds tempting.

cincy +17
GTown +4 1/2
Arkansas +4 1/2
NC State + 9 1/2

Only one that would get me nervous is the Arkansas game. I may replace them with Norte Dame. I'm playing on house money thanks to UCI.

Eh. I had Arkansas advancing over NC in my bracket...probably effecting my selection with that one and perhaps Georgetown too who I also have advancing. Although I'm quite certain Georgetown is going to beat Utah and the points don't matter. You're right though...the point spread is ridiculous.

Going purely by seeding you would be 27-5, which I'm guessing is unusually accurate for the seeding. Nobody can brag unless they have at least 28 correct so far.

Kentucky-Cinci o/u opened at 118. Up to 119 now. Seems awfully low, so I parlayed with Kentucky -17.5. I don't expect Kentucky to cover, but if they win by 18 it's gonna be a 120+ point game.

Rivitur

Banned
This is what happens when you forget to change your picks on the GAF bracket and keep if for others.

j4AdIr0.jpg

inm8num2

The only game today that piques my interest is OSU-Zona. Still, 2nd round games are usually the best ones. That fast turnaround!

And yes, round of 32 is still the 2nd round to me. The first four games don't constitute a 1st round, but rather a "play-in round." ;)

The only game today that piques my interest is OSU-Zona. Still, 2nd round games are usually the best ones. That fast turnaround!

And yes, round of 32 is still the 2nd round to me. The first four games don't constitute a 1st round, but rather a "play-in round." ;)

Thankfully, next year the round of 64 and round of 32 will officially be called the First and Second Rounds again!

ryseing

State-Nova should be good if we show up.

/shamelesshomer

DopeToast

Banned
That Dayton-Providence game started way too late last night. The original tip-off time was 9:57 P.M., but the first session went way late and they didn't tip-off until 10:45 P.M. These are both East Coast time teams playing in East Coast time. It doesn't make any fucking sense. I was having trouble staying awake here in Dayton. And it's definitely not fair to the players and fans at the games who were there until at least one. Fix that NCAA.

But they won, which makes me happy. Hoping for another Elite 8 run this year. Can't believe we're even in a position for that again.

UCLA's going to fuck around and actually make it to the Sweet 16.

The team that shouldn't have made the tournament and then shouldn't have won their first game is making a run...

thefro

6ck1Mml.gif

Barkley may not follow the current college game much but putting him and the other TNT NBA guys on the halftime crew a few years ago continues to be a great move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom