• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NCAA Tournament March Madness |OT| 67 Teams Vie For Second Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhawker

I like how KU matches up with WSU.

WSU doesn't have the size or length that has been proven to frustrate KU's offense. That should also help KU's ability to rebound. This is Self's worst rebounding team in a long time.

WSU's offense seems to rely on VanVleet to penetrate and Baker to hit open shots. That's a lot easier to do in the MVC than against Kansas. I think Mason and Selden can keep those guys in check without too much trouble. WSU shouldn't be a 7 seed, but I feel pretty good about KU's chances.

Can pick up 2 more points from Kansas today and 4 from them in the S16 but otherwise all I have left in contention (for points) is my F4 of UK-Wisconsin and Michigan St.-Iowa. Can still win the GAF pool but don't think I'm walking away with $50,000

Surge

Well since Virginia lost earlier that's 2 teams now eliminated from my final four picks.

I was so close to taking Michigan St. in that game too...

t-ramp

I've climbed back up to the 92nd percentile on ESPN, although I picked Villanova to make it to the championship so I don't know how well I'll end up doing. Could still be fairly decent, I suppose, as three of my Final Four are still playing.

eznark

Banned
Hope Greg Marshall puts out a press release after the game saying WSU has nothing to gain by playing regular season games against a mid major like Kansas.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Why? KU has been struggling all year, particularly offense for long stretches. This isn't a team that was expected to do much of anything. Especially after that first UK game haha.

Nobody ever looks at the factors that cause each individual team to perform the way they do. Line up to line up, WSU beating KU isn't a huge upset. But its the names on the jerseys, the reputation, and Self (like Jay Wright) has a rap of early loses in the tourney. Not saying its fair or justified, its just the story the media will tell.

DominoKid

Why? KU has been struggling all year, particularly offense for long stretches. This isn't a team that was expected to do much of anything. Especially after that first UK game haha.

it's never a good look to lose to little brother. especially when you haven't played each other in 20+ years.

the fans won't care about the circumstances and context around this L. and they shouldn't.

Eat shit Kansas you overconfident cunts. Schedule this assholes.

It's just like last year when Dayton finally played Ohio St. and beat them. Always schedule your instate rivals. Wisconsin plays all three D1 schools in the state. Of course Marquette was apart of the Big East when it was Big East but they still play Milwaukee and Green Bay every year as well. Even Marquette and Milwaukee are playing each other now.

Talon

It's just like last year when Dayton finally played Ohio St. and beat them. Always schedule your instate rivals. Wisconsin plays all three D1 schools in the state. Of course Marquette was apart of the Big East when it was Big East but they still play Milwaukee and Green Bay every year as well. Even Marquette and Milwaukee are playing each other now.
I think your conflating the word "rival" with "other school that happens to be in your state."

eznark

Banned

That's relatively new though. Crean (and others before him) refused to play Milwaukee. Pearl made a big deal of it when they made it deep into the tournament the year after Wade left Marquette.

There just honestly is nothing in it for the larger school. Wisconsin does it because they have always recruited so, so, so heavily in state and the talent pool is minuscule.

inm8num2

Good day for 7 seeds so far, hope that trend continues tonight

bg4GbpJ.gif

TheShocker

I'm torn. I started my college career at KSU, but life took me in a different direction and 7 years later I'm finishing my bachelors through KU. Part of me wants to see them lose. That said, the meltdowns throughout the KC metro will be epic. And Lawrence too.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
KU/Wichita St needs to be a game every year. I know WSU wants to do it, but KU likely won't because they hate having losses early in the season.

Talon

Yeah, there's no benefit to Kansas playing Wichita State in the regular season.

I'm sure this is pretty satisfying for the younger brother, though.

How Bill Self ever won a national championship is one of the world's greatest mysteries.
Prisoner of the moment-itis. He's one of the best recruiters in the nation and consistently develops 3/4-year guys. This isn't a great Kansas team - doesn't help that Alexander's out.

Perry Ellis is 45-years-old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom