• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

"We've played against dumb-dumbs before, we know how to handle them." - Bieksa...

LOL, so funny in retrospective considering how he lost his cool and started throwing punches

Acid08

Banned
Nah. We sent a message that we're not taking these bullshit cheap hits all game. We lose game 3, you'll be right but I only see us coming back hard.

Cool thing about the playoffs is that it's a bad trade off to try to send a message over trying to win the game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think you understand why Hartley got the fine lmao

I understand perfectly why. :D

I also know that, as fun as this all is for the fans, the league wants nothing to do with this sort of thing in the playoffs. I was mostly kidding about the fine, but I've got a feeling the league won't be rescinding the instigator on Burrows the way they did for Engelland, which, I believe, will be an automatic suspension for Game 4.

Wazzy

Banned
Cool thing about the playoffs is that it's a bad trade off to try to send a message over trying to win the game.
Calgary pulled same stunt game 2 and won this so we'll see. I think it's great they finally responded to getting pushed around all game.

23qwerty

I understand perfectly why. :D

I also know that, as fun as this all is for the fans, the league wants nothing to do with this sort of thing in the playoffs. I was mostly kidding about the fine, but I've got a feeling the league won't be rescinding the instigator on Burrows the way they did for Engelland, which, I believe, will be an automatic suspension for Game 4.

burrows and bieksa are actually known for offensively capable, which is why it doesnt make sense to fine the coach for sending them out towards the end of the game

i've got a feeling that they will rescind the instigator considering it wasn't an instigator

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
you guys are all welcome for the fun and salt we're providing

... i should buy tickets for a potential game 7

Wazzy

Banned
I'm just imagining Kesler getting the series winning OT goal in Vancouver and that shit makes me laugh.

Eqh8ZbI.gif

Not if you find yourself needing to make a physical statement against this team.

The problem is they've been gooning it up for the past three games and nucks barely responded. Game 2 they did when they were winning but this game they crashed are goalie multiple times and were roughed up and did nothing.

Now if we were responding and still failing, I'd see your point. ;)

Pogonip

Neo Member
Tough game to lose, but the Nucks were playing sloppy most of the game so not too surprised at the result. Hopefully they're fired up after the end there and come out swinging for Game 4.

a916

Burrows most likely should get a suspension (but they'll rescind it like Engelland) and Hamhuis would if there was a stretcher involved.

Burrows most likely should get a suspension (but they'll rescind it like Engelland) and Hamhuis would if there was a stretcher involved.

Burrows will get suspended because of his reputation and repeat offender status. Hamhuis shouldn't get anything, Bennett should be taught to keep his head up. Hamhuis is far from a dirty player.

trifelife

YoffsCanucks-GAF, great to see you tonight: Wazzy, comfypucks, 23qwerty etc. y'all make sure to get back for every game. I wanna see you check in at least four times a month in the regular season too. NHL-GAF is the greatest OT by far. Go Canucks Go!

Eddie!
Eddie!
Eddie!

On to the next one.

a916

Burrows will get suspended because of his reputation and repeat offender status. Hamhuis shouldn't get anything, Bennett should be taught to keep his head up. Hamhuis is far from a dirty player.

I don't see why this should ever figure into a suspension, illegal play is illegal play.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah but we also only responded with 5 minutes left, not the whole game.

The difference is that the Jets or Ducks will be punishing their second round opponent with legal hits. I don't know if you've been watching our series, but it's been pretty clean and yet incredibly physically grueling.

What are you gonna do when Buff or Maroon obliterates one of your guys with a clean hit one too many times? Throw a stick at Boudreau?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

It's Burrows, he'll get suspended for nothing :lol

Gutless hits from behind, elbows to the head and jumping players is really responding.

Embarrassing to be a Canucks fan tonight.

Hey, at least it's only embarassing tonight and not all year like you, buddy

The difference is that the Jets or Ducks will be punishing their second round opponent with legal hits. I don't know if you've been watching our series, but it's been pretty clean and yet incredibly physically grueling.

What are you gonna do when Buff or Maroon obliterates one of your guys with a clean hit one too many times? Throw a stick at Boudreau?

Ask zedge for the number for amnesty international

Wazzy

Banned
YoffsCanucks-GAF, great to see you tonight: Wazzy, comfypucks, 23qwerty etc. y'all make sure to get back for every game. I wanna see you check in at least four times a month in the regular season too. NHL-GAF is the greatest OT by far. Go Canucks Go!

Eddie!
Eddie!
Eddie!

On to the next one.
You know it! I've been dropping by once in awhile but I need to come in more regularily. :D
Gutless hits from behind, elbows to the head and jumping players is really responding.

Embarrassing to be a Canucks fan tonight.
And yet still not the level of embarrassment you must experience daily as a Calgary fan!

I think we'll step it up in round 2 and be way more physical then we've been but that we'll know for sure next game.

Tabris

I'm tired of Willie's 4 line play. It's the right call in the beginning of the game, but he needs to change it when playing from behind. He should have moved Vrbata with the Sedins and played them every 2nd or 3rd shift in the 3rd period.

I'm tired of Willie's 4 line play. It's the right call in the beginning of the game, but he needs to change it when playing from behind. He should have moved Vrbata with the Sedins and played them every 2nd or 3rd shift in the 3rd period.

I'm confused as to why Burrows is with them at all. He fits the chippier style of Higgins and Bonino better than Vrbata and vice versa with Vrbata and the Sedins

Calamari41

41 > 38
Thanks but I'm pretty proud of what a team many predicted to be the worst team in the league has done this year.

Feels pretty pretty pretty good.

You should be proud. I remember the statisticians in this thread constantly writing you guys off as early as November/December, calling your performance "unsustainable."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom