• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ehrhoff has been day to day for a little while now. They don't even give updates anymore it feels like. He's not coming back, or if he is, I can't see him being effective at all.

Yeah, they actually did sort of give an update on him today saying he "flatlined," as in he's not making any progress at all right now. Doesn't sound promising for him.

Pikma

Banned
The worst mistake I've done this season was to put fucking Crawford in my fantasy team, such a fucking wasted slot, he will not earn a single point. UGH

Wazzy

Banned
I'm gonna try and catch the ducks game while at work. I'm still repping Kes until our teams meet.
That Bennett hit was all on whoever sprang him, classic suicide pass if I ever saw one.

Wazzy, I can't even begin, you sound delusional, reading these last ten pages of your posts has been straight up comical.
Dude, if there's any delusion it's from the flames fans acting like their team aren't goons crashing our goalie.

calder

I just hope tonight's loss isn't TOO devastating. In anticipation of the Ducks sweep I'm already poking around in the off season thread, staking out a spot by the snack table.

Hmm, Keith Yandle is not skating with the team this morning. He did miss most of the first period of Game 2 after being hit into the boards.

Meanwhile, on the Pens side, Ehrhoff is "not progressing." Doesn't sound like he's close to returning.

Ehrhoff is in concussion hell, the long term kind. He's had one since late January and his status has been "day-to-day" the entire time. The team even played him a few times (Pens doctors are the worst) but had to shut him back down.

I'm gonna try and catch the ducks game while at work. I'm still repping Kes until our teams meet.

Dude, if there's any delusion it's from the flames fans acting like their team aren't goons crashing our goalie.

I get the idea that the other team is the "bad guy" but I really don't see it that way. I think you've got some rose tinted glasses on. You could just say the same thing to me, but I think the general consensus of neutral fans would probably back me up.

Talking about goons though, bieksa and burrows, and to a lesser extent, hamhuis, are pretty egregious with their goon tactics.

fallout

I just hope tonight's loss isn't TOO devastating. In anticipation of the Ducks sweep I'm already poking around in the off season thread, staking out a spot by the snack table.
I really feel like the Jets would have better chances if they were playing in Anaheim. They looked like beaten down animals in the post-game and I fear that the crowd is just going to too much for them to handle.

Eos

Pretty pathetic that the scum Winnipeg fans are planning to ape the Coyotes' patented whiteout tonight. Seriously, come up with your own thing. Is this what these new upstart teams are all about? I know you guys have only been around for a few years, but you can still come up with your own traditions.

Pretty sure it started with the old jets in the 80's
no clue about the coyotes tho

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I could've sworn Calamari was being sarcastic and knew the Jets invented it lol

Quick

Banned
Pretty pathetic that the scum Winnipeg fans are planning to ape the Coyotes' patented whiteout tonight. Seriously, come up with your own thing. Is this what these new upstart teams are all about? I know you guys have only been around for a few years, but you can still come up with your own traditions.

Those Scumbag Jets.

Tabris

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
Just landed in WPG. NHL rescinds instigator penalty for VAN's Alex Burrows, so he's good to go for G4. All quiet on supp discipline front.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's more of the fact that Habs fans from NHL GAF, year after year, are beyond confident in their team. And they end up not winning the Stanley Cup year after year
No Habs on this board has said they think that Montreal will win it all, or even that they have a good chance to be in the finals, at least now since I've posted. If anything, Habs fans here undermine the team.

Smiley90

Just landed in WPG. NHL rescinds instigator penalty for VAN's Alex Burrows, so he's good to go for G4. All quiet on supp discipline front.

Colour me shocked

Burrows on the POSITIVE end of an NHL disciplinary decision? Is it raining bacon yet?

Wazzy

Banned

Good! I'm shocked since everyone is always so against him.

Pikma

Banned
No Habs on this board has said they think that Montreal will win it all, or even that they have a good chance to be in the finals, at least now since I've posted. If anything, Habs fans here undermine the team.
This is true, the Habs had a terrific season, I'd kill for my team to have a season like that yet I saw nothing but shit thrown at all of their players not named Carey Price. It's something I found really odd, but then again this is my first season as a regular poster here in NHLGAF so maybe it's normal of them

Cake Boss

Banned
But they said he'll be ready for training camp, it looks he wants to come back next season :(

I got this son.

fg_315.jpg

zroid

Banned
I dunno how far the Habs will go, nothing would surprise me when you have Patches/Subban/Price as the core of your F/D/G. That's perhaps the best trio in the league.

The thing I can sympathize with Habs fans like Red and lamaroo about is that the team just isn't that good (largely because of Therrien) and if they don't get to the ECF (and they might not, because both Tampa and Detroit are very strong possession teams), it will feel like they wasted this legendary season by Carey Price. He's very unlikely to be this good again next year. If they were better coached, or maybe if AGally were a couple years older and could be their 1C, they'd be one of the Cup favourites I think.

Red_Man

This is true, the Habs had a terrific season, I'd kill for my team to have a season like that yet I saw nothing but shit thrown at all of their players not named Carey Price. It's something I found really odd, but then again this is my first season as a regular poster here in NHLGAF so maybe it's normal of them
The reason there's a lot of complaining is because the team is so badly coached at times, and a lot of us are afraid that the prime years of Price / Subban / Patches careers will be wasted under Therrien. They had a great season on the record, but a lot of those games they won they did not play well, and it's because of his garbage system. Under the right coach who properly utilized our players and their strengths, we could easily be a contender with how Price is playing. For whatever reason they change how they play in the playoffs and it works.

I dunno how far the Habs will go, nothing would surprise me when you have Patches/Subban/Price as the core of your F/D/G. That's perhaps the best trio in the league.

The thing I can sympathize with Habs fans like Red and lamaroo about is that the team just isn't that good (largely because of Therrien) and if they don't get to the ECF (and they might not, because both Tampa and Detroit are very strong possession teams), it will feel like they wasted this legendary season by Carey Price. He's very unlikely to be this good again next year. If they were better coached, or maybe if AGally were a couple years older and could be their 1C, they'd be one of the Cup favourites I think.
Also this, it's frustrating as hell to watch AGally rot on the wing where he's not meeting his full potential and wasting another year with DD at center. This team has a lot of issues that have been covered up by a historical season from Price.

Calamari41

41 > 38
LOL, I've never seen this before.

See Calamari? Jets originated it and even had a theme song set to Wang Chung.

It was what I thought to be a pretty obvious joke. Calder got it.

He and I actually had a discussion about it very early in the season, where we were trying to figure out if the C of Red was a response to the whiteout or vise versa. I think it turned out that the whiteout was created in response.

Calamari sucks. It's chewy and shit.

Properly prepared calamari is like butter.

Socreges

Banned
Insanity. I'm not too surprised though, I expected Burrows to get out of it, even though he deserved it a hell of a lot more than Engellend.

alright I'm done, Burrows is indefensible. You're out of your element with your own damn team.
Nope.

Craig Simpson (who has never much liked the Canucks) predicted exactly this last night. ie, that the instigator penalty should and would be retracted.

Socreges

Banned
Canucks GAF stand united and support your playoff hero Alexandre burrows!

I just don't know why you'd think there's no justifiable reason that no one cuts burrows any slack. Do you follow the team?
Do you? Probably not as much as a Canucks fan would, one would imagine? Ever since Burrows called out that ref, and with everything that ensued, he's gotten the short end of the stick. I'm happy that the league, in this instance, turned over a ref's decision.

Grtting bored of the constant hyperventilating by Flames fans in here. Every little thing is taken to an extreme.

Calamari41

41 > 38
And you are not properly prepared! ... just like the Ducks tonight!

... I've never been good at this.

I see your avatar is a Bob-omb... quite fitting, considering what your... that is to say, the fact that your team will bomb tonight. Meaning they're going to lose the game.

MutFox

Banned
Do you? Probably not as much as a Canucks fan would, one would imagine? Ever since Burrows called out that ref, and with everything that ensued, he's gotten the short end of the stick. I'm happy that the league, in this instance, turned over a ref's decision.

Grtting bored of the constant hyperventilating by Flames fans in here. Every little thing is taken to an extreme.

No point, he calls others delusional, but can't see logic.

Wazzy

Banned
Canucks GAF stand united and support your playoff hero Alexandre burrows!
Burrows-effin-right.gif

I just don't know why you'd think there's no justifiable reason that no one cuts burrows any slack. Do you follow the team?
Yes I do which is exactly why I know. Burrows is hated by refs and is unfairly called against a lot.

Yup. His first penalty was even a little silly. A bunch of flames charge him and he get's the penalty?

calder

I really feel like the Jets would have better chances if they were playing in Anaheim. They looked like beaten down animals in the post-game and I fear that the crowd is just going to too much for them to handle.

I'm 100% sure the team will be either jacked up way too high (can't pass, dumb penalites, bumping into each other trying to get to loose pucks.. you know classic Jets 2014 hockey) or else they'll be frozen as they sometimes get playing at home. And god knows, when the pressure is up too high and the game starts going south the crowd gets CRAZY tense and you can feel it, and then you see the players affected. It's ugly, and we've all seen it a bunch of times.

EDIT: not to be all doom and gloom, so if the Jets have a few good shifts early or even, dare to dream, score an early goal then everything may turn out great.

calder

Burrows is hated by refs and is unfairly called against a lot.

I don't actually care that much but I can't ignore this: Burrows is hated by damn near everyone because he's a sack of human excrement. Refs dislike him - if they do - for his diving and dirty play. It's incredibly fair, his reputation is well earned and obviously shared by damn near every hockey fan who's ever seen him play that doesn't actively root for his team.

Stoll had 3.3 grams of coke and 8.3 grams of Mdma. God damn.

Is that a lot? It sounds like a lot.

Red_Man

is that a lot? Acid, Dastardly, tell me

Probably sunburnt on the roof of the Bellagio

That's a decent amount of coke for a night and a fuck load of MDMA. A heavy MDMA does is considered 200mg and he had more than 8 GRAMS lol
This. That's an insane amount of MDMA, unless he was carrying it for a bunch of friends which is just stupid.

That's got to be enough to put him in the "intent to sell" category, right?
Pretty sure it's felony charges.

Smiley90

That's a decent amount of coke for a night and a fuck load of MDMA. A heavy MDMA dose is considered 200mg and he had more than 8 GRAMS lol

jesus

so either he was selling some, wanted to throw it around Scarface style or was buying a year's worth?

Red_Man

jesus

so either he was selling some, wanted to throw it around Scarface style or was buying a year's worth?
Probably just had it all for his entourage and whoever he was with. Highly doubt he was selling it, he doesn't need that kind of money which isn't good anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom