• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey Marvie - when's your birthday? I found the perfect present for you!

51W18IaddcL.jpg

Only $106.99 - I'm sure NHL-GAF would all chip in so we could make sure it ends up in your loving home.

The biggest question is - what would you do with it first? Sleep with it under your pillow to keep you feeling safe and secure, or take it out on the town as your wing-puck, using it to talk to all the local cats and show them you're a serious guy with serious tastes?
Ggq3s.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Same as Game 2 so far. Penguins are just flat out skating harder than us all over the ice.

Boy do the Penguins take a lot of dumb penalties.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How was that not interference on Crosby lmao? Jesus Christ and they wonder why scoring is so low this year

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How was that not interference on Crosby lmao? Jesus Christ and they wonder why scoring is so low this year

Because Crosby tried to go right through Yandle, making it so Yandle didn't have to leave his lane in order to take the body. That was great D.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Because Crosby tried to go right through Yandle, making it so Yandle didn't have to leave his lane in order to take the body. That was great D.
Really? More like Yandle moved his body position to stay in his way. I don't like the Penguins at all but that was blatant interference.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I hate that they still call borderline hooking penalties, but interference is a free for all. That's easily the most disruptive play, and hurts more scoring chances than anything else.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Really? More like Yandle moved his body position to stay in his way. I don't like the Penguins at all but that was blatant interference.

He did move, but that was long after Crosby was tied up with him, as Crosby tried to go wide. If he went to grab him then as Crosby started to get his body around him, I think they would have called it holding, but he played it pretty cleanly.

It's walking the line, but I think it's a good call.

Nash with the Pouliot. Way to give up momentum for no reason.

Penguins have 0 shots on goal so far leading into this power play.

Alucard

Banned
Pretty good flurry for the Pens just now. Up to 2 shots on goal now! And Crosby hit a post.

Cool. Hope I'll be able to catch some of the third. Need to bath my oldest daughter in a bit. Watching Peppa Pig while wife breast feeds a 2-week-old and our oldest leans against me. Living the dream. Haha.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That period was about 19 minutes Rangers, 1 minute Penguins.

Gonna need a lot more than one goal. Eventually the Pens will get some offense going. Probably.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man this game is some Ambien compared to Thrashers/Ducks and Canucks/Flames.

The whole series has been like this. The Rangers are ridiculously even-tempered like 99% of the time, so that's probably a factor. They're not going to be goaded into shenanigans easily, and for their part, the Penguins seem to know that. The Pens are trying to prove something, that they can hang with this team, especially 5-on-5, so even though they're taking a shit load of stupid penalties, it's not like they're trying to play a dirty game. They're just trying to play the Rangers straight up and, most importantly, trying to cut off their outlet passes and take away their speed.

The result is a pretty mellow, tight-checking, and at times boring series so far.

Things will open up a lot when we play the Caps or Isles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom