• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you? Probably not as much as a Canucks fan would, one would imagine? Ever since Burrows called out that ref, and with everything that ensued, he's gotten the short end of the stick. I'm happy that the league, in this instance, turned over a ref's decision.

Grtting bored of the constant hyperventilating by Flames fans in here. Every little thing is taken to an extreme.

Now I've seen everything. Poor Alex Burrows!

The motherfucker has bitten another player on the ice. Maybe that's why (among many other reasons) everyone in the league including the refs thinks he's a weaselly little prickjob.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It was what I thought to be a pretty obvious joke. Calder got it.

He and I actually had a discussion about it very early in the season, where we were trying to figure out if the C of Red was a response to the whiteout or vise versa. I think it turned out that the whiteout was created in response.

I'm not very good at this apparently. :p

Stoll had 3.3 grams of coke and 8.3 grams of Mdma. God damn.

That's a lot isn't it?

Cindro

Hey Marvie - when's your birthday? I found the perfect present for you!

51W18IaddcL.jpg

Only $106.99 - I'm sure NHL-GAF would all chip in so we could make sure it ends up in your loving home.

The biggest question is - what would you do with it first? Sleep with it under your pillow to keep you feeling safe and secure, or take it out on the town as your wing-puck, using it to talk to all the local cats and show them you're a serious guy with serious tastes?

I'm in Detroit till Thursday. Even though I don't really follow the Red Wings or the Lightning, I think I'm going to see tomorrow's game at the Joe since I'm probably not going to see playoff hockey anytime soon in Toronto :(

zroid

Banned
I'm in Detroit till Thursday. Even though I don't really follow the Red Wings or the Lightning, I think I'm going to see tomorrow's game at the Joe since I'm probably not going to see playoff hockey anytime soon in Toronto :(

Awesome!

I'm thinking of going to see the Marlies vs Baby Red Wings this weekend at Ricoh >.>

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've got some bad news for Stoll (yes I went to check Nevada law, I'm bored)

[...shall by punished by if weight for substance schedule 1 (MDMA) is more than...]
Is 4 grams or more, but less than 14 grams, for a category B felony by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 6 years and by a fine of not more than $50,000.

and for coke:

A category E felony is a felony for which a court shall sentence a convicted person to imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 4 years. Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (b) of subsection 1 of NRS 176A.100, upon sentencing a person who is found guilty of a category E felony, the court shall suspend the execution of the sentence and grant probation to the person upon such conditions as the court deems appropriate. Such conditions of probation may include, but are not limited to, requiring the person to serve a term of confinement of not more than 1 year in the county jail. In addition to any other penalty, the court may impose a fine of not more than $5,000, unless a greater penalty is authorized or required by statute.

so basically

for MDMA: 1 year at least mandatory minimum, no parole/suspension of sentence possible
for coke: 1 year, but may be suspended at discretion of judge

... so either the judge fucks him over because he has TWO crimes at once (and he gets 2 years) or the judge can suspend the second sentence (and he gets 1 year in county jail, not state prison (what's the difference?)) or he pulls the "i'm rich bitches" card and we'll see

Wonder how he can get out of the mandatory minimum charge though.

Wonder if he can ask to go to the same jail as Voynov?

Calamari41

41 > 38
I wish I could go back in time exactly one year and let Spring 2014 Acid know that Stoll would literally be on his way to jail a year from the elbow.

Mentok

Banned
It's more of the fact that Habs fans from NHL GAF, year after year, are beyond confident in their team. And they end up not winning the Stanley Cup year after year

Lol there are POSITIVE Habs fans? We're the most negative fanbase you'll meet! Our biggest reason for thinking this team just doesn't have enough to win the cup really stems from the coaching staff and their terrible strategies. I'd love to see what this team is capable of under a coach that utilizes their strengths and has caught up with the modern game.

If we get in to next round, here's hoping we play Detroit. I think TBay would be a harder win.

Huey Lewis signed up on GAF just to respond to an almost year old thread? That's really funny actually.

He's also boning Erin Andrews. Fucking Stoll.

I wanna believe it's one of four things in that thread.

The poster is either :The News,Huey Lewis's Girlfriend,Huey's Agent or An Obessed Huey Lewis Fan.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
@normmacdonald said:
Pitt needs to win this thing. Mans, too. Good they don't have to face the Spurs. It is year of The Habs.
Well if Norm Macdonald says it, it must be true.

Alucard

Banned
Total BS, your boss should have done it himself and in person. Sorry you had to go through that. I've had to let people go too and it's awful.

I'm the person's immediate supervisor, and they're totally shocked and don't know what happened. Gonna meet in person on Thursday to finalize everything. Gonna lean on my boss heavily and try to get him to be in and lead the meeting. Don't totally disagree with the firing, but disagree in the manner and timing I was asked to do it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm the person's immediate supervisor, and they're totally shocked and don't know what happened. Gonna meet in person on Thursday to finalize everything. Gonna lean on my boss heavily and try to get him to be in and lead the meeting. Don't totally disagree with the firing, but disagree in the manner and timing I was asked to do it.

The way we do it is to have their direct supervisor, the department VP, and the CEO in the room. Your boss should be heavily involved... make sure he is on Thursday. Especially since it was his decision in the first place.

Alucard

Banned
The way we do it is to have their direct supervisor, the department VP, and the CEO in the room. Your boss should be heavily involved... make sure he is on Thursday. Especially since it was his decision in the first place.

He's the owner of the company. I'm definitely gonna have him in the room. Not gonna give him a choice because I don't feel comfortable doing it alone when he was the one who basically forced it.

calder

Of course not he doesn't play for the NBA. Someone had to had snitched on him because he's white and good looking. There's no way the cops suspected anything until someone opened their mouth.

Come on sheeple, look beyond the surface and see the obvious truth - Stoll WAS the weed carrier for the group he was meeting. Now, based in his pecking order and salary we can assume the coke and Molly was for some or more likely all of the following:
Carter (let's just assume he's the "off ice" leader)
Brown
doughty
kopitar
Richards
Quick
Muzzin

... ok Stoll makes like 3 per, so anyone on a rookie deal is probably innocent. But everyone else is an obvious candidate.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Come on sheeple, look beyond the surface and see the obvious truth - Stoll WAS the weed carrier for the group he was meeting. Now, based in his pecking order and salary we can assume the coke and Molly was for some or more likely all of the following:
Brown
doughty
kopitar
Richards
Quick
Muzzin

... ok Stoll makes like 3 per, so anyone on a rookie deal is probably innocent. But everyone else is an obvious candidate.

03-04.png

Get him on the stand!

Socreges

Banned
I thought they didn't retract the penalty. They just didn't suspend him...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
Just landed in WPG. NHL rescinds instigator penalty for VAN's Alex Burrows, so he's good to go for G4. All quiet on supp discipline front.

Brown
doughty
kopitar
Richards
Quick
Muzzin

You take Doughty's name off that list. We all know he runs on beer and maple syrup.

Heretic

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
Just landed in WPG. NHL rescinds instigator penalty for VAN's Alex Burrows, so he's good to go for G4. All quiet on supp discipline front.

Ah ok. Saw this:

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 1h1 hour ago
Burrows clearly instigated fight. The instigator remains on his record. If he gets another instigator in the playoffs, he will be suspended

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You take Doughty's name off that list. We all know he runs on beer and maple syrup.

We both know he has no money to afford drugs anyway

Ah ok. Saw this:

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 1h1 hour ago
Burrows clearly instigated fight. The instigator remains on his record. If he gets another instigator in the playoffs, he will be suspended

who's that? I trust Bob more

I don't actually care that much but I can't ignore this: Burrows is hated by damn near everyone because he's a sack of human excrement. Refs dislike him - if they do - for his diving and dirty play. It's incredibly fair, his reputation is well earned and obviously shared by damn near every hockey fan who's ever seen him play that doesn't actively root for his team.

Is that a lot? It sounds like a lot.

This is what I am saying, and you Canucks fans know it too, whether you want to admit it or not.

I've got some bad news for Stoll (yes I went to check Nevada law, I'm bored)

[...shall by punished by if weight for substance schedule 1 (MDMA) is more than...]
Is 4 grams or more, but less than 14 grams, for a category B felony by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 6 years and by a fine of not more than $50,000.

and for coke:

A category E felony is a felony for which a court shall sentence a convicted person to imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 4 years. Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (b) of subsection 1 of NRS 176A.100, upon sentencing a person who is found guilty of a category E felony, the court shall suspend the execution of the sentence and grant probation to the person upon such conditions as the court deems appropriate. Such conditions of probation may include, but are not limited to, requiring the person to serve a term of confinement of not more than 1 year in the county jail. In addition to any other penalty, the court may impose a fine of not more than $5,000, unless a greater penalty is authorized or required by statute.

so basically

for MDMA: 1 year at least mandatory minimum, no parole/suspension of sentence possible
for coke: 1 year, but may be suspended at discretion of judge

... so either the judge fucks him over because he has TWO crimes at once (and he gets 2 years) or the judge can suspend the second sentence (and he gets 1 year in county jail, not state prison (what's the difference?)) or he pulls the "i'm rich bitches" card and we'll see

Wonder how he can get out of the mandatory minimum charge though.

Wonder if he can ask to go to the same jail as Voynov?

:lol you don't know how the American justice system works. He'll never get that charge, he'll plea it down and walk with minimal probation. This is before considering that he's a professional athlete.

Edit: man I've been bad with doubles lately, my bad, I guess I expect this thread to move a bit quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom