• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamari41

41 > 38
In slow mo it looked like Perry was exaggerating a lot. When it was full speed it just looks like he was caught by surprise, barely got to raise his arms in celebration.

And wow at the pass by. Lindholm.

He may have exaggerated on the ground, but not as it happened. That was a dangerous as hell blind hit.

Giggzy

I'm still buzzing this morning over last nights win.

Typical ducks winning this series, but only having the lead for a total of 11mins throughout the entire series.. Always gotta do it the hard way!

Calamari41

41 > 38
"Following their first-round elimination by Detroit, those Jets packed up and headed to the desert, leaving behind a community so desperate to celebrate a winner that, right now, the rafters of MTS Centre feature four banners honoring teams that succeeded here.

Two of them commemorate division championships.

Won in the AHL."

:lol

The OC Register is going HAM on the city of Winnipeg this morning.

"Seriously, the flags just hang there now, the face of a menacing cartoon moose almost mocking the NHL fans and players below, a sort of belittling Bullwinkle and a constant reminder of a reputation that’s minor league.

But then, the folks in this area willingly stay here despite living in a prairie so enormous that the wind has no reason to stop howling until it hits some legitimate resistance, like maybe downtown Chicago."

ShaneB

Islanders/Capital is the least salty series ever

Disgusting

Meh. I'll only get salty if there were some Islanders fans here who are real assholes, like the ones who actually go to the games and harass and abuse the Caps fans there. Fuck those idiots.

fallout

I did get a little choked up last night when I saw this:

46I2SEV.jpg

I remember watching that game when I was 12 and being in absolute tears. Regardless of the results, it does feel good to have a team in the playoffs again.

It's been a little while since the last QuickGIF...

http://i.minus.com/ibsHvnA8IZeKaM.gif
Time to go Full Commie.

Megasoum

Banned
I did get a little choked up last night when I saw this:

46I2SEV.jpg

I remember watching that game when I was 12 and being in absolute tears. Regardless of the results, it does feel good to have a team in the playoffs again.

While that's really cool... It's also a very dick move for people sitting behind it lol.

Cindro

Wow - sounds like I missed a great game last night. Can't wait until I actually have a TV so I can put on non-Hawks games in the background to at least passively watch them. For now though, it requires too much dedication for me to have my full browser occupied with teams I'm not rooting for. Still, sounds like a tough break for Jets' fans given how long it's been since their last playoff stint.

I am very hyped for game 4 of Hawks v. Preds tonight, though! C'moooon 8:30, hurry up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Remember all this crap I talked about yesterday?
Anyway, not gonna lie, I'm concerned about tonight. The boys have all said the right things, they know they weren't good enough in Game 2, and I know that they can be much much better, especially against this particular team, but even still I'm feeling pretty uneasy about this. Aside from period 1 of Game 1, they really haven't come out and bossed the pace the way they ought to. Hopefully they can get it done tonight.

The Tanner Glass factor is really coming into play too. If you look at our series against Pittsburgh last year, you'll find that one of the ways we shut down Crosby and Malkin was by having the 4th line frequently match up against them. That was Brian Boyle, Dominic Moore, and Derek Dorsett, with Moore in particular doing the heavy lifting against the two centers. This year, Moore's line (Tanner Glass, Dominic Moore, and Jesper Fast) is averaging something like 1 minute against Crosby and Malkin. We're vastly under-utilizing Dominic Moore in this series (and in general) as a result. Instead they've tasked Kevin Hayes and the third line to do a lot of the work that the 4th line did last year, and they haven't been remotely as successful so far. Hayes especially had a real dog of a game on Saturday, and he was on the ice for both of Crosby's goals.

The only thing that we can really try, though, is to give James Sheppard a shot in Glass' spot and see what he can do. We did go out there and acquire him for a reason, I presume. I'll be pretty damn surprised/impressed if AV actually swaps out Glass, though.
Well, Johnston seemed to believe the same thing I did, that this year's 4th line couldn't do the shutdown job on Crosby that last year's line did. He went out of his way all night to try to match up Crosby against the Rangers' 4th line whenever he could. It didn't work out well for the Penguins. Meanwhile, they tried to match Malkin against Kevin Hayes and the third line throughout the night. The result? Zero shots in 21 minutes of ice time for Malkin.

Who knew?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Cake Boss will be happy, Legwand is sitting tomorrow and being replaced by Zach Smith.

Also, it looks like Beaulieu is out for the series for the Habs. Karlsson is a beast :O

Cake Boss

Banned
Cake Boss will be happy, Legwand is sitting tomorrow and being replaced by Zach Smith.

Also, it looks like Beaulieu is out for the series for the Habs. Karlsson is a beast :O

Yeah and our leading goal scorer is stuck in the 4th line in a series where we have lost by 1 goal in all 3 games. You would think he will put him back in the top 6 for the last game of the season.

Fucking good coaching Cameron u turd muncher.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Yeah and our leading goal scorer is stuck in the 4th line in a series where we have lost by 1 goal in all 3 games. You would think he will put him back in the top 6 for the last game of the season.

Fucking good coaching Cameron u turd muncher.

To be fair to Cameron, the Hoff hasn't looked all that great, and he gave up a few pucks the past few games.

I have more of an issue with his trying to protect a 1 goal lead all game. It's the same shitty tactics he used in the WJC finals that let Russia score 5 straight. He's lucky the Habs PP was off last game.

Cake Boss

Banned
To be fair to Cameron, the Hoff hasn't looked all that great, and he gave up a few pucks the past few games.

I have more of an issue with his trying to protect a 1 goal lead all game. It's the same shitty tactics he used in the WJC finals that let Russia score 5 straight. He's lucky the Habs PP was off last game.

Doesn't look all that great cuz he's stuck with fuckwads and he's playing a role that's he never has before. His usage has been terrible. The coaches job is put people in roles where they succeed. We had the same conversation when Walrus was coaching.

And no I didn't get the job. Went to the final process. They got someone already from TO. In the pool though. Cunts

Calamari41

41 > 38
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department arrest report for Stoll, 32, was released Monday.

Reviewed by The Times, it details that Stoll “consented to a voluntary pat-down upon entrance to the Wet Republic Pool by security,” a search that was posted on a sign to all entering the premises.

The security guard, according to the report, “found an off-white powder in two pink baggies, small baggies, he recognized as contraband, also a clear plastic baggie containing numerous gel-caps with an off-white powder inside the caps.”

The baggies were found “in the right, back pocket of Stoll's swimsuit shorts.”

A police officer who spoke with Stoll said, “I immediately recognized from my training and experience having been a narcotics detective for the past 20 years [that] the off-white powder in [the] pink baggie [was] consistent with the illegal narcotic cocaine.

“The gel-caps with the powder inside were consistent with the illegal narcotic MDMA [Ecstasy] or street term ‘Molly.'”

A field test identified the off-white powder as cocaine, weighing 3.3 grams, according to the report. The gel-caps weighed 8.1 grams.

The police officer said he asked Stoll if the powder was cocaine and Stoll answered, “Yes,” according to the report. The gel-caps were seized pending chemical analysis.

He consented to a pat-down with over 3 grams of coke and over 8 grams of MDMA in his swim trunks, and then nonchalantly identified the drugs to the bouncer. The idiot thought they were just going to knowingly let him walk in with it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
We have the most fickle ass fanbase. You bitch ass.

Red was right. Fuck you guys and this stupid city.

Lol I could've sold my game 7 tix for like 1.2k you don't think I was contemplating it? Money is money man.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He consented to a pat-down with over 3 grams of coke and over 8 grams of MDMA in his swim trunks, and then nonchalantly identified the drugs to the bouncer. The idiot thought they were just going to knowingly let him walk in with it.

"I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that"

Silexx

Doesn't look all that great cuz he's stuck with fuckwads and he's playing a role that's he never has before. His usage has been terrible. The coaches job is put people in roles where they succeed. We had the same conversation when Walrus was coaching.

And no I didn't get the job. Went to the final process. They got someone already from TO. In the pool though. Cunts

Dave Cameron's player usage is perhaps not the best but it's so vastly better than McLean's and you can at least usually see the logic and reasoning behind his decisions that I can give him some leeway.

Hey, I'm with you on Hoffman, but I can also see that he hasn't preformed up to snuff lately and Cameron figures a more veteran guy like Michalek helps stabilize our top six.

That said, I don't see how Hoffman can be expected to reasonably get back to form if he's stuck playing fourth line minutes with motherfucking Legwand.

Hell, you can make an argument that Bobby Ryan deserves to be put on that fourth line or maybe even scratched with the way he's played.

Too bad about the job, CB. Are you then looking to buy in Ottawa or staying in Gatineau?

Cake Boss

Banned
Looked at houses in Ottawa for 2minutes :loool they are so shitty, the prices and how old these shitty houses are,and ugly as fuck.

Gonna stay in the GATS. Newer houses, much cheaper and better neighbourhoods, more private. Just more taxes and shitty French people.

Lol go fuck yourself.

I've been a fan since 97 and I've probably been to way more games than your drunk ass ever will.

:Lol fickle pants.

Silexx

Looked at houses in Ottawa for 2minutes :loool they are so shitty, the prices and how old these shitty houses are,and ugly as fuck.

Gonna stay in the GATS. Newer houses, much cheaper and better neighbourhoods, more private. Just more taxes and shitty French people.

East side(Orléans) is where it's at, motherfucker. :p

Also, BBG, I don't blame you man. At the end of the day, we all know this game is about
3bd.jpg

Meet me in the baffroom cockboss

East side(Orléans) is where it's at, motherfucker. :p

Also, BBG, I don't blame you man. At the end of the day, we all know this game is about
3bd.jpg

Wasn't all about the money bro. When you have tickets for 8 immigrants who arent really hockey fans and would need some convincing to pay to go to a game when your down 0-3, it's an easy call to make...Also 8 tickets is a lot of money :p

Silexx

Where in east side Orleans? JeanD'Arc? Links mang.

Actually yeah, Jeanne d'Arc has a ton of houses that have gone up for sale along with its connecting streets. Prices can vary between 180k-400k. So depends what your budget is.

For me, I'm in Fallingbrook, but you're looking at $280k as a starting price there.

Springtime is usually a seller's market, though, so I wish you best of luck, brah.

Cake Boss

Banned
Actually yeah, Jeanne d'Arc has a ton of houses that have gone up for sale along with its connecting streets. Prices can vary between 180k-400k. So depends what your budget is.

For me, I'm in Fallingbrook, but you're looking at $280k as a starting price there.

Springtime is usually a seller's market, though, so I wish you best of luck, brah.

Hmmm budget was 225K since its my first and all. We'll check it out. Target is to have something by July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom