• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I saw Fast jump over the boards with Stepan on that first shift change, which is not a line they showed in warmups, and I was like "ooh, I like this idea." I didn't even get time enough to point out to the guy next to me that Fast was on the ice before he took that cross-ice pass from Stepan.

Shep looks real good today, too.

Fun Fact: Anaheim has had 10 first round picks since 2008...tied with Buffalo and the Islanders for most in the league in that span.

That's impressive asset management for a team with only one non-competitive season.

In terms of quality of those picks, the Ducks scouts seem to be excellent at picking out puck-moving defensemen. I'm less impressed with their forward picks, who tend to top out as Bottom 6 guys.

Love our defensemen, you're right about our forward picks. We still have hope for Etem and Palmieri. We'll trade for better forwards using our abundance of prospects.

Ricker

Awful fluke goal...its like the Caps thought the whistle had blowned or something lol...

Why cant the Habs get some goals like that against the Lightning lol.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Can't imagine the Rangers playing better than this period
McDonagh is still pretty messy, Boyle is a borderline liability despite that goal, Nash isn't producing, JT is still missing everything in sight, and Hayes is largely invisible so far. So we can be a lot better.

Still far and away our best and most complete period of the playoffs so far.

We can't let them back in the game in the second, though.

zroid

Banned
Gotta give props to Nash for that screen though, it was brilliantly timed. Only reason Boyle's shot went in.

could have easily been a goal for him too if it had happened to graze him

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta give props to Nash for that screen though, it was brilliantly timed. Only reason Boyle's shot went in.

could have easily been a goal for him too if it had happened to graze him
That's why I was very particular in my wording about Nash's game. :D

Nash is doing the little things today that he did for us all through last year's playoffs, too. We just need him to be doing the really big things.

@stevezipay: Stat sheet: Rangers attempted 28 shots, Caps 6
Meh. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holtby is outrageous. I can't believe he was able to stop that shot a few minutes ago. I fear facing him more than Price tbh, maybe just due to familiarity in the playoffs.

zroid

Banned
Holtby's really good, he's undoubtedly the 2nd best Canadian goalie in the world right now. Some of his advanced stats suggest he might even have higher upside than Price (!).

He's still 2 years younger than Carey and remember Price only really turned into Jesus Price during and then after the Olympics.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Holtby's really good, he's undoubtedly the 2nd best Canadian goalie in the world right now. Some of his advanced stats suggest he might even have higher upside than Price (!).

He's still 2 years younger than Carey and remember Price only really turned into Jesus Price during and then after the Olympics.

Sacrilegious!

Price and Holtby should be our Goalies in the Next Olympics. I'm ready for McDavid and Crosby to do some god damn magic in those Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom