• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Yeah this loss is not on Price. He had maybe 1-2 bad goals, or goals he should have stopped at least.

But the discipline breakdown and letting the Bolts bring their PP back is a HUGE mistake for Montreal.

Gonna be rough going :)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Worst is I bet Therrien loves Prust. He's his kind of player.

Cake Boss

Banned
wjANVCD.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this loss is not on Price. He had maybe 1-2 bad goals, or goals he should have stopped at least.

But the discipline breakdown and letting the Bolts bring their PP back is a HUGE mistake for Montreal.

Gonna be rough going :)
Finally some sanity in here.

How can anyone blame Price with the amount of PPs the Habs gifted the Lightning?

Alright. Let's go Minny!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They made the Eastern Conference finals last year, their goalie was putting up Hart Trophy numbers, and Bergevin traded for Mitchell and Flynn.

Oh wait that's not it, he also traded a decent goal scorer for more hitting, just what they needed.

He's going to have to have a good off-season for me to gain trust in him again. Firing Therrien would be a great start.

Blaming Price for the teams failures is a good way of showing you don't know what you're talking about. Price is literally the last of the teams problems.

Not blaming him, but he did let in a soft goal or two.

Price has been playing lights out this year, but this is crunch time and he's got to give it all to make sure his team can stay in the game. He just hasn't been perfect in the playoffs thus far.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not blaming him, but he did let in a soft goal or two.

Price has been playing lights out this year, but this is crunch time and he's got to give it all to make sure his team can stay in the game. He just hasn't been perfect in the playoffs thus far.

Which is the biggest problem with Therrien coaching, and Bergevin's inability to fix what ails this team. It's sad that they only ever win when Price is perfect.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Prust saying that Brad Waston called him a motherfucker and a piece of shit and that he would run him out of the building and said he likes to play God. So Prust won't be playing next game, which is probably for the best.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Holy shit, Prust tearing the ref a new asshole. That was amazing.

What did he say?

ALso, Gallagher close to the goalies has been a huge part of the Habs' success, but that can't work against Bishop because attacking the net isn't very useful against him, only blocking his view is.

Unless they start doing the only that worked, which is shooting from far with players hiding his view, they are done in two more games.

Red_Man

Prust saying Watson came to the box and was provoking him too. League reffing continues to be bush league.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Prust saying Watson came to the box and was provoking him too. League reffing continues to be bush league.

That's what it looked like to me, like the ref was trying to draw a response from Prust with all that talk and finger pointing, and it looked like Prust didn't reply so he gave him another 2mins anyway.

Montresor

That's what it looked like to me, like the ref was trying to draw a response from Prust with all that talk and finger pointing, and it looked like Prust didn't reply so he gave him another 2mins anyway.

Kypreos is on the air right now criticizing Prust for accusing the ref. This is crazy - if the ref was saying all that stuff about Prust then Prust HAS to speak out.

Prust was a piece of shit today but that ref needs to be disciplined.

Montresor

To be exact, Prust said the ref "Called me every name in the book, piece of you know what, mother effer, etc..."

Holy moly it really makes me angry that Kypreos is part of our broadcasts for the next decade+ with his comments about Prust's accusations.

Red_Man

Kypreos is on the air right now criticizing Prust for accusing the ref. This is crazy - if the ref was saying all that stuff about Prust then Prust HAS to speak out.

To be exact, Prust said the ref "Called me every name in the book, piece of you know what, mother effer, etc..."

Holy moly it really makes me angry that Kypreos is part of our broadcasts for the next decade+ with his comments about Prust's accusations.
Seriously. Prust is an idiot, but you can't have refs in playoff games acting like this. It needs to be addressed and I'm glad he spoke out, these guys shouldn't have to be afraid of the refs.

Best clip of it:

CEH_ZnJWoAAyDPa.png:large

zroid

Banned

Going public with it was probably the wrong move though. Now even if it's true, the league's hands are kind of tied. Should have followed protocol.

Red_Man

Going public with it was probably the wrong move though. Now even if it's true, the league's hands are kind of tied. Should have followed protocol.
Which would be what? Going to the league and watching them do nothing about it? Going public with it forces them to address it, take the fine / suspension, you can't have some insecure asshole like that responsible for playoff games.

zroid

Banned
Which would be what? Going to the league and watching them do nothing about it? Going public with it forces them to address it, take the fine / suspension, you can't have some insecure asshole like that responsible for playoff games.

Well if he went to the league, they might have quietly investigated and disciplined the ref.

If they do anything now, it's going to be out in the open. Ref will just say Prust is lying and nothing will happen.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Congratulations in advance, Flames fans, on your blowout win tonight. There's no way we can come out to match the intensity that you guys are sure to exhibit as a response to the game on Thursday.

Good luck against Chicago :(

Red_Man

Well if he went to the league, they might have quietly investigated and disciplined the ref.

If they do anything now, it's going to be out in the open. I doubt they do anything now. Ref will just say Prust is lying and nothing will happen.
Quietly investigated = "Hey, Watson, don't be so obvious about being a prick" the end.

ZeroGravity

NHL never does anything publicly with regards to discipline of officials. They don't seem interested in changing that policy either, so you either accept they actually do things behind the scenes or not. We won't know either way.

zroid

Banned
Quietly investigated = "Hey, Watson, don't be so obvious about being a prick" the end.

Maybe? Or maybe not.

Either way they're not going to do anything now. And if you really expect a public flogging of the ref because of some stuff Brandon Prust said in an interview, you're fooling yourself.

Just being realistic here...

it is what it is, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom