• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Maybe? Or maybe not.

Either way they're not going to do anything now. And if you really expect a public flogging of the ref because of some stuff Brandon Prust said in an interview, you're fooling yourself.

Just being realistic here...

it is what it is, unfortunately.
I don't expect them to come out and discipline Watson, but it a least puts a focus on him if he refs anymore games. Handling this behind the scenes would accomplish nothing.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't expect anything to happen, but I'm still glad he said it.

You can see the refs doing this to other players too, and even the linesmen after they kick someone out of a faceoff and they complain.

Maybe if they called games consistently there wouldn't be any bitching, you never know what you're getting every game.

Red_Man

Canadiens 1-5 in games reffed by Watson. Kerry Fraser saying that there will be an investigation, if Prust's comments actually keep Watson out of the rest of this series, then he succeeded.

Red_Man

I don't get to watch the Hawks that much, but the effortless way they move the puck is really a delight to watch.
It's depressing to watch after watching the Habs and Therrien's system of moving the puck out of their own zone.

calder

Canadiens 1-5 in games reffed by Watson. Kerry Fraser saying that there will be an investigation, if Prust's comments actually keep Watson out of the rest of this series, then he succeeded.

Eh, let's not skip the important step of "if the million mics in the building actually confirm Prust's allegation".

I'm inclined to not believe Prust, mainly because he's a giant tool, but if shit went down like he said then the league will do something. But if this is a Darcy Tucker spitting incident (ie, a guy does something dumb on the ice, moments after the game while all goofed up on adrenaline gives a very exaggerated version of what happened in his defense) then it's going to be more than a fine for Prust.

Red_Man

Eh, let's not skip the important step of "if the million mics in the building actually confirm Prust's allegation".

I'm inclined to not believe Prust, mainly because he's a giant tool, but if shit went down like he said then the league will do something. But if this is a Darcy Tucker spitting incident (ie, a guy does something dumb on the ice, moments after the game while all goofed up on adrenaline gives a very exaggerated version of what happened in his defense) then it's going to be more than a fine for Prust.
He's stupid, but I don't know if he's that stupid to create this out of thin air, and it's not hard to imagine a ref going after a player like Prust in that way.

zroid

Banned
It's always funny when the goalie starts heading to the bench after mistaking a penalty called on his team for the other team

NHL never does anything publicly with regards to discipline of officials. They don't seem interested in changing that policy either, so you either accept they actually do things behind the scenes or not. We won't know either way.

Did anything happen from that incident with Alex Burrows years ago?

Red_Man

CEII5LjVAAAC-gm.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom