• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They've added this to the tally as a shot on goal.

IBpBztS.gif

Montresor

Aghhh.

Have an 8 page paper due by 11:59 tonight for a final (can't get a delay because of when grades are due) and I can't focus because we're having my cat put down in about two hours.

Trying to get it done now because I doubt it'll be easier to focus later but I can't focus enough right now either.

My first cat got hit by a car when I was a teenager. He had a broken leg and I cried when my dad drove him away to put him down.

My second cat recently had what looked like a broken leg. We had no idea what happened to him but for two weeks all he would do is lie down in the basement and he wouldn't eat anything. And when we moved him away from there we saw the problem - he could barely walk. Luckily the little guy only had a bruise, but he looked like he didn't want to live. I paid $500 to get an x-ray done and because I cried at the vet, the doctor decided to examine the x-rays herself rather than have me pay an extra however many dollars to send it to some bone expert. She said "no broken bones at all". So she gave me some painkiller to squirt into his gums, and I had to force-feed him, but finally the problem just went away after another week or two. It wasn't a broken bone, so if it was just some bruise it makes sense it would go away on its own. He's healthy today (aside from the usual "getting old" problems). To this day we don't know how he got that bruise (maybe he jumped from a roof whole outside) but I'm glad he's still around.

Pikma

Banned
Well, that fucking sucked.

At least she looked more peaceful than she did the last few days when she could barely even lie down though. :/
I'm so sorry, man. It really breaks my heart to hear this. Hope you stay well, just never forget all those beautiful memories she gave you throughout her life.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Caps have played really well defensively. This game is being played largely at the Rangers' pace, but the Caps are closing the door on them, for the most part, before they can be much of a threat to Holtby. It's only in the last 3 or 4 minutes that we've been able to generate much of anything to make him uncomfortable.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Orpik just forgot what year it is

edit: LOL and a carbon copy hit gets called? i'm confused

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Orpik just forgot what year it is

edit: LOL and a carbon copy hit gets called? i'm confused

Nash hit Orpik in the shoulder which ended up turning him into the boards, i.e. not boarding. Wilson hit Shep square in the numbers, i.e. boarding.

Pretty easy call, really.

That save was far too easy for Holtby.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
THERRIEN SUPERSTAR!

holy shit he worked as a bodyguard lolol

It's really amazing how much support Therrien gets from basically every analyst on TV. Oh wait, these guys do it with every veteran coach. Carlyle's cup, and Therrien's cup appearance will always validate them to these people.

Dallas Eakins and Guy Boucher both kind of got shit on near the end of their first coaching jobs. Nearly every other time it's the players fault though, according to these guys.

My golf time has dwindled down to zero, further hampered by the fact that the only really convenient range near me has a $700 per month barrier to entry. If only I had that Tabris money.

Maybe if you bought Ikea instead of expensive furniture then you would.

Christ, $700 USD a month? I can barely afford $800 AUD every 6 months for MMA.

Rofl

I'm going to the game tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Woo

I'm truly sorry for your lots.

Just went to the vet and came back without a cat.

Vet fees are ridiculous nowadays.

I had two dogs that were bros4lyfe when I was a kid. We got one put down, and we took it home to bury with some other animals. His brother came to our car and stopped and had a deadpan 7 yard stare for like, 2 minutes. Then he walked by me and my dad in a sort of funeral procession as we took him to get buried. It was gutwrenching.

Well, that fucking sucked.

At least she looked more peaceful than she did the last few days when she could barely even lie down though. :/

To have shared it's lifetime with you, is truly a fortunate blessing. May your friend forever rest in peace, and you find solace soon.

My 14 year old dog also had to be put down tonight. Losing a pet sucks man.

I too hope you find solace soon. 14 is a good innings.

RangersFan

I don't think we're beating Holtby tonight unless it's off something crazy.

They haven't even tested him. Shot selection has been so horrible all game. They passed up way too many good shots early, and now they are taking every shit shot there is. Holtby will continue to glove every shitty wrister from outside they are peppering him with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom