• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Dreger was talking about the Prust situation on Sportscentre earlier. He mentions that the Habs might ask Prust to apologize to avoid fines and that the NHL isn't fond of having their officiating team questioned.

Then immediately says that "every official might not appreciate his comments as they look to stay alive in the playoffs." lol

Saw a goddamn city bus with giant "GO DUCKS" signage in its banner. The fresh hell is going on down here?

They didn't have a reason to make it a Kings signage.

Apparently the Flames are burning Bennett's ELC 1st year by dressing him tomorrow.

Doesn't really seem prudent for what will likely amount to 2-3 games...

That's So Jay Feaster.

damn

btw, DUCKS-GAF, even though we're up 2-0 in the series some people on the nhl.com boards are STILL claiming that the ducks are too slow for calgary and that eventually the ducks will tire down to the point where they'll lose the next four games lol

Nothing new there. Nobody likes us - we don't care.

Razorskin

----- ------
Dreger was talking about the Prust situation on Sportscentre earlier. He mentions that the Habs might ask Prust to apologize to avoid fines and that the NHL isn't fond of having their officiating team questioned.

Then immediately says that "every official might not appreciate his comments as they look to stay alive in the playoffs." lol

The MTL Refs era is over.

Apparently the Flames are burning Bennett's ELC 1st year by dressing him tomorrow.

Doesn't really seem prudent for what will likely amount to 2-3 games...

I literally just read this headline.

I think it sucks, but what are you gonna do? Not play him? He's was on the top line last game. He's obviously not leaving the majors, and if he had been healthy sooner then this would have been a headline months ago I suspect.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I literally just read this headline.

I think it sucks, but what are you gonna do? Not play him? He's was on the top line last game. He's obviously not leaving the majors, and if he had been healthy sooner then this would have been a headline months ago I suspect.

I would dress him. Fuck it. Flames still have a chance.

Not everybody loses games on purpose for mild "front office" strategic advantages.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
the whole "oh let's not burn an ELC year" business is so weird

play him and have a chance to advance
don't play him and have a lesser chance

just play him and go for it while you're already in the second round

calder

I don't think the ELC thing matters much honestly. It just means he gets paid a year sooner, which has some cap implications presumably in a couple of seasons but is Calgary going to be up against the cap anyway?

No one ever lets their top young talent make it to FA status anymore anyway. He'd be signed to a bridge or extended long term regardless, this just makes it happen a bit sooner. Worth it for the Flames imo

I remember Anaheim offering to sign Schultz and play him immediately to burn a year off his ELC.

Instead, he ignored Scott Niedermayer's phone calls and bet on Edmonton for his pursuit of championship greatness.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Apologizing now won't change anything. Kerry Fraser has already admitted that the Habs and a number of their players in particular are targeted by refs. If anything, I'd like Bergevin to step up, say something and take the fine. If the NHL doesn't want their officiating questioned, then maybe they should establish a core ref group that isn't a joke. It's not just this series, all playoffs the reffing has been laughable.

Quick

Banned
Apologizing now won't change anything. Kerry Fraser has already admitted that the Habs and a number of their players in particular are targeted by refs. If anything, I'd like Bergevin to step up, say something and take the fine. If the NHL doesn't want their officiating questioned, then maybe they should establish a core ref group that isn't a joke. It's not just this series, all playoffs the reffing has been laughable.

I just find it funny that Dreger brought up that the league doesn't like the integrity of their officiating questioned publicly, then immediately makes a hint that the refs officiating the Habs might not look too fondly of them - they're not supposed to, nor should they look fondly at the opponent. They're supposed to be unbiased and fair. Human error happens, but that shouldn't include bias.

If Prust thinks the reffing is dirty, this is a good way to bring it up. But probably at some cost to him professionally within the league. He could've filed a complaint with the league, but I wonder how much good that would really do. At least he's gotten everyone looking harder at officiating integrity now. And it isn't even the first time this season officiating has been brought into question.

Socreges

Banned
Source please.

Reveirg

The officiating is getting worse each and every year during the playoffs. This year is no exception. =(

Chris Lee wasn't the worst ref on the ice yesterday, that's a weird thing to say.

Someone said the old Manitoba Moose logo looked like Getzlaf.

VZl2fhC.jpg

uZGBmvx.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I just find it funny that Dreger brought up that the league doesn't like the integrity of their officiating questioned publicly, then immediately makes a hint that the refs officiating the Habs might not look too fondly of them - they're not supposed to, nor should they look fondly at the opponent. They're supposed to be unbiased and fair. Human error happens, but that shouldn't include bias.

If Prust thinks the reffing is dirty, this is a good way to bring it up. But probably at some cost to him professionally within the league. He could've filed a complaint with the league, but I wonder how much good that would really do. At least he's gotten everyone looking harder at officiating integrity now. And it isn't even the first time this season officiating has been brought into question.

Prust will get called for every borderline penalty for the rest of his career now, let's just hope it doesn't extend to the rest of the players.

Habs need to keep their composure anyway, they always get blown out when they're frustrated. The two day break is a blessing at this point, hopefully they're calm by Wednesday.

Although a sweep may put Therrien closer to the guillotine...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The best news after that game last night is that it's socially acceptable to drink in the office today! Woo! We'll be whipping up some kick ass margaritas at lunch time today.

Rangers will also be practicing at 1 today, so it'll be interesting to see if Shep is actually injured or if he just happened to not play anymore for no particular reason after taking that boarding from Wilson.

Coincidentally and apropos of nothing, it's also my birthday, so that works out great.

The best news after that game last night is that it's socially acceptable to drink in the office today! Woo! We'll be whipping up some kick ass margaritas at lunch time today.

Rangers will also be practicing at 1 today, so it'll be interesting to see if Shep is actually injured or if he just happened to not play anymore for no particular reason after taking that boarding from Wilson.

Coincidentally and apropos of nothing, it's also my birthday, so that works out great.

Happy Birthday MetatronM!

Calamari41

41 > 38

I baked you a cake, bro.

LifeLike

The Habs are my Favorite team but I predicted the Bolts in 4 games.
The Habs attack is such a disaster, they are in the obligation to play the trap. This is why they had a successful season. But it didn't work against the lightning for the whole season. Unless Therrien dump the trap for another play style we MIGHT have a chance but we all know thats not gonna happen.

#PeskyHabs.

We've been in worse situations. I won't be mad if Tampa wins.

But there's no fucking way Tampa makes it to the SCF.

Rangers are the team of destiny. Maybe.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
#PeskyHabs.

We've been in worse situations. I won't be mad if Tampa wins.

But there's no fucking way Tampa makes it to the SCF.

Rangers are the team of destiny. Maybe.

Team of destiny doesn't usually have its top line right winger KO'd by his own captain or have whatever the fuck Game 1 was happen. :D

Quick

Banned

Happy birthday, Metatron. Please drink responsibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom