• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamari41

41 > 38
2Eh0qPh.gif

I like how after Despres celebrates he runs into a Flames player.

Look at that shitty, silent Honda Center crowd. Worst fans in hockey, I tell you what.

Those "no rival team jerseys" policies are fucking ridiculous, can't believe teams actually get away with them.

If only other states had a strong hockey crowd like California does. None of our teams have to worry about this type of shit. Even the Ducks crowds are mostly Ducks fans.*

Too bad Ducks fans are like a Japanese MMA crowd.

*on non-Kings nights

Calamari41

41 > 38
If only other states had a strong hockey crowd like California does. None of our teams have to worry about this type of shit. Even the Ducks crowds are mostly Ducks fans.*

*on non-Kings nights

It is annoying when the refugees from the war torn East Coast and Midwestern cities show up in the gear of the places they fled.

"I left Chicago ten years ago because half of my family was murdered in front of our house, but GO HAWKS!"

"I'm telling you, there ain't no place like New York City, and that's a fact! Which is why I moved to Laguna Beach 45 years ago and haven't looked back. Go Yankees!"

It is annoying when the refugees from the war torn East Coast and Midwestern cities show up in the gear of the places they fled.

"I left Chicago ten years ago because half of my family was murdered in front of our house, but GO HAWKS!"

Not as bad as the Boston fans. God those dudes are annoying.

Foggy

*on non-Kings nights

But that would mean they are knowledgeable and respect the sport.

iLLmAtlc

Since Norris was brought up yesterday I think it's a shame Letang didn't get recognized. Karlsson and Subban were both deserving but maybe Doughty should have been left off. LA Kings seem to dominate when he's on the ice or not and he only scored like 40 pts.

Letang made almost every Penguin better: 55% Corsi For when be was on ice.

Look at his D partner's performance:

With Letang (without)
Martin: 55.2% (50.3%)
Ehrhoff: 58.8% (49.7%)
Maata: 56.6% (47.1%)

Smaller sample: <70 mins below
Depres: 54.8% (51.7%)
Scuderi: 55.9% (50.4%)
Harrington: 52.8% (53.4%)
Pouliot: 50.0% (52.8%)

Pouliot's sample was really small, they only played 29 mins together.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=764&withagainst=true&season=2014-15&sit=5v5

Pouliot also had 6% more o zone starts than Letang (who had 2% more than team average).

http://war-on-ice.com/playertable.h...&end0=20142015&end1=2015-05-11&splitseasons=1

Was gonna post forwards too but I gotta go and they are all in that hockey analysis link above.

Doughty:
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1001&withagainst=true&season=2014-15&sit=5v5

zroid

Banned
Since Norris was brought up yesterday I think it's a shame Letang didn't get recognized. Karlsson and Subban were both deserving but maybe Doughty should have been left off. LA Kings seem to dominate when he's on the ice or not and he only scored like 40 pts.

yeah Letang was very deserving. his importance to the Pens' success gets overshadowed because of Crosby and Malkin, but he's arguably just as much of a factor.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just realized how amazing a Ducks-Hawks series is gonna be. Should make for some quality hockey.

Ducks-Age, how has Andersen looked? Looking only at his stats he had a .810 SV% in Game 3 and a .895 SV% in Game 5 vs. Calgary. The Ducks seem to be doing a great job defensively (he's only faced 30+ shots twice in 9 playoff games) and his playoff SV% is .925 but can he steal a game or two against the Hawks?

Compare his stats with Crawford's. He was poor in the first round but strung together a .947 SV% against the Wild along with 1 shutout while facing 30+ shots in all 4 games of the series.

So how is Anaheim going to defeat the unbeatable Chicago Blackhawks?

We can insert Sekac and Etem in place of Fleischmann and Jackman.

Wisniewski might be ready, but who would he replace? Possibly Stoner, but not sure how comfortable he is playing defense on the left side (and probably goes back to the right on the power play)

Do we unleash SHELDON SOURAY!?

Maroon - Getzlaf - Perry
Beleskey - Kesbae - Silver
Sekac - Rakell - Etem
Cogliano - Thompson - Palmieri

Lindholm - Beauch
Despres - Fowler
Stoner - Vatman

Ducks-Age, how has Andersen looked? Looking only at his stats he had a .810 SV% in Game 3 and a .895 SV% in Game 5 vs. Calgary. The Ducks seem to be doing a great job defensively (he's only faced 30+ shots twice in 9 playoff games) and his playoff SV% is .925 but can he steal a game or two against the Hawks?

Compare his stats with Crawford's. He was poor in the first round but strung together a .947 SV% against the Wild along with 1 shutout while facing 30+ shots in all 4 games of the series.

Andersen has looked good but mostly unspectacular aside from some Winnipeg games. His percentage looks bad against Calgary because they were opportunistic with their goals (came off of Ducks turnovers to the slot) on limited shots but otherwise he wasn't someone we worried about having in net. He made the saves he's supposed to and some brilliant saves. Not really worried about his play.

Heretic

He's been a beast. It's been a team effort for sure. He's let in a few softies but he's kept them in the game and stood on his head when needed.

Giggzy

Did they make the right choice in keeping Andersen over Hiller?

No they did not. Not because of Andersen though. They should have gotten rid of Gibson. Gibson doesn't complain about being on the bench because he's a loser with a poor attitude, just happy to collect his check. Unlike hiller, who showed frustration at not playing. That's a true winner.

Hiller even shaved his beard for us last year so it would make him more aerodynamic when he's making out of this world saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom