• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why you guys think Babcock will come to MTL, we had 110 pts this season! Therrien isn't going anywhere.

Let us dream man, it's all we have.

giphy1.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Not even mad, Tampa got pretty much every bounce this series. The only thing that pisses me off is how awful the PP has been for most of the playoffs which is a carry over from the regular season and was never addressed.

If Babcock wanted to coach Montreal, they would make it happen. If any English coach could land that job, it's Babcock.

But they can't, Molson won't hire someone who doesn't speak French, period.

Mentok

Banned
Montreal will never go for an English-only speaking coach.

Game, set and match, Tampa Bay. Hope Montreal's brought their clubs.Time to hit the links.

You're right for most coaches....but Babcock isn't just any coach. If he showed an interest, they'd make it happen I'm sure. At least our GM understands we're still building, and not a patch-job team. Sadly I think I'll have to suffer through another season of Therrien, Prust and DD.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully they come out with some effort to end it at least, hard to explain how they came out so flat.

Bergevin needs to call Michel Babcoque
:lol

But they can't, Molson won't hire someone who doesn't speak French, period.
They would make an exception for Babcock, I guarantee it. Even the French media isn't stupid enough to say no to him.

dankir

I'm just really sad that it's another year that the cup stays in the US..... I was 11 when the Habs won in '93. 22 fucking years I've been waiting..... goddammit.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hopefully they come out with some effort to end it at least, hard to explain how they came out so flat.

:lol

They would make an exception for Babcock, I guarantee it. Even the French media isn't stupid enough to say no to him.

I never thought it had that much to do with the media really, it's Molson who doesn't want to deal with the political bullshit that would inevitably follow. Especially with PKP around, Jesus.

Red_Man

sometimes it be like that
I agree, luck is necessary to win any cup. That's why I'm not mad, Tampa played a good series and didn't pull any dirty stuff. I like the whole team aside from Bishop who is reaching Mike Smith status in terms of being a diver.

Cake Boss

Banned
SAT through two periods
#tblightning 35 (21 on goal, 9 blocked, 5 missed)
#Habs 30 (13 on goal, 9 blocked, 8 missed)

Tim Micallef ‏@tim_micallef 2m2 minutes ago
Montreal is 2 for 35 on the PP in the playoffs

Clearly not getting the bounces.

You're right for most coaches....but Babcock isn't just any coach. If he showed an interest, they'd make it happen I'm sure. At least our GM understands we're still building, and not a patch-job team. Sadly I think I'll have to suffer through another season of Therrien, Prust and DD.

Babcock is not the answer, though. .They've just had an amazing season under Therrien. Give him time, and money.

Red_Man

Clearly not getting the bounces.
You didn't even watch your own team play in the playoffs, thanks for the analysis Glenn Healy.

I always assume everyone here lives, at most, an hour away from whatever rink their team plays at and I'm always a bit surprised when that's not the case
I only remembered that because he posted about it once, and I felt bad because Windsor is such a shit hole.

Put a Ducks Hat On my Avatar

GO DUCKS

We had a Fantastic Run you guys, Price Beat Plante and Dryden for most wins. I can't say anything else positive about this team. We did alright. But now it's time to Fade into the off season. The Jobbers Killed our Momentum as a Team. Now we need to try again for next season and see what happens next. We can only look up from here.

Sekac will get you a Cup Anaheim.

Mentok

Banned
Babcock is not the answer, though. .They've just had an amazing season under Therrien. Give him time, and money.

I agree that Babcock isn't necessarily the answer, just stating that if there was interest I don't think him not speaking French would be an issue. I don't agree that Therrien is the answer either though. His system is just not going to get it done. Sure they had a strong regular season, but when your strategy is apparently "Hope Price bails you out", you need a new strategy. I'm not saying it's all on Therrien, there's some players as well. But they won't win the cup with Therrien. /offseasontalk

Well, I guess I'll "Quack quack quack" for the Ducks now (although I admittedly don't really care who wins now lol)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom