• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just really sad that it's another year that the cup stays in the US..... I was 11 when the Habs won in '93. 22 fucking years I've been waiting..... goddammit.

But more than half of every team is Canadian. The cup goes up to Canada several times every off season.

I don't see the issue.

2352036-9320081384-i9pJQ.gif

zroid

Banned
I'm just really sad that it's another year that the cup stays in the US..... I was 11 when the Habs won in '93. 22 fucking years I've been waiting..... goddammit.

On that note -- which do you guys think will be the next Canadian team to win the Cup? (assuming one ever does, that is)

I'm going with Winnipeg

BY2K

Membero Americo
I was 3 when the Habs last won the cup. I couldn't even realize what was going on.

I want to see it happen in my lifetime, damn it!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
On the flip side it's hard to imagine him being at this level next year, maybe you'll be rid of Therrien next summer.
I'd like to think that Bergevin is self aware enough to realize how much of a mirage this season has been, but then I hear guys like LeBrun say that Therrien's coaching is the reason we're here and I lose all hope.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to think that Bergevin is self aware enough to realize how much of a mirage this season has been, but then I hear guys like LeBrun say that Therrien's coaching is the reason we're here and I lose all hope.
LeBrun is nuts then. This was all on Carey Price.

Kifimbo

I'm all for Babcock in Montreal. Would it be unfair to Therrien ? Sure. Does he deserves to be fired ? No, not now after a good season. But you won't get many chances at Babcock. And he's one of the only English coach MTL will welcome with open arms. Anyway, Therrien probably only has one more season before he's done here.

Montresor

On that note -- which do you guys think will be the next Canadian team to win the Cup? (assuming one ever does, that is)

I'm going with Winnipeg

Leafs. Scorched earth rebuild will succeed. Shanahan + Hunter + Dubas will bring us to the promised land in 2025. *tee hee*

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers vs. Lightning has seemed like the logical result since pretty early on in the season, honestly.

Do the right thing, Caps.

calder

I'm going with Winnipeg

imagesvp0v.jpg

i doubt they win a Cup in my lifetime, just as most teams won't win one in the next 50+ years

If it's the oilers I'm going to fucking die.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
2 line changes with 10 minutes to play in the season and its to swap the RWs on the grinder lines. Therrien, #HockeySavant

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm all for Babcock in Montreal. Would it be unfair to Therrien ? Sure. Does he deserves to be fired ? No, not now after a good season. But you won't get many chances at Babcock. And he's one of the only English coach MTL will welcome with open arms. Anyway, Therrien probably only has one more season before he's done here.

Yeah and by then all of the good French speaking coaches will have jobs and we'll get stuck with Carbonneau.

It's important that the organization hire a good, young coach in Hamilton like they did with Boucher the first time around. Lefebvre's contract is up, and hopefully they don't extend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom