• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroGravity

Like I said before, the Lightning, for whatever reason, seem incapable of playing their best hockey until their backs start getting close to the wall. This team will be the death of me.

Also LOL at Stamkos getting the series winner. This fucking team.

Congrats TB

I hope Stamkos finds his Mojo Back

Good Luck! That was a fun series.
Oh well. That's that.

GG BoltsGAF. Good luck against the Rangers.
Congrats Zero, you're a good guy.
What a pathetic effort.

Good series Zero, and all.
GG guys. If you were playing any other team than my own, I'd say you deserved a better fate, since I think the Habs were the better team overall for the majority of the series. Whatever shortcomings they may have, they play really well as a group, which is more than what I can say about the Lightning most nights.

Look forward to most likely doing it again next year.

Congrats, Bolts. Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon.
Your boys better come out swinging because Marty vs. the Bolts in the ECF is too good to pass up. Hopefully Cally is back by then too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I thought Tampa was kind of rough all series, but they flat-out dominated the neutral zone in tonight's game. If they consistently play like they did tonight, they'll destroy NY/Washington
For sure, but they only played like this in one of six games. It will be interesting to see how they move forward from this. I'm pretty sure any EC team left gets destroyed by ANA / CHI anyways so it's moot in the long term.

I'm in.

Surely you jest.

quack-o.gif

Did I do it right?

Yes!

iJCEyYI.gif

ifg4sJSI3H7nr.gif

iqpRpgZCSpjeB.gif

ZeroGravity

Sportsnet Stats @SNstats
The line of Tyler Johnson, Nikita Kucherov & Ondrej Palat have now scored 17 of #TBLightning 34 goals in the 2015 playoffs
Been saying it all year, best line in hockey.

Kucherov with six goals in that series alone. Not bad for a guy who got benched last year in the playoffs against Montreal.

Red_Man

Kucherov with six goals in that series alone. Not bad for a guy who got benched last year in the playoffs against Montreal.
It's weird how much Cooper lets these guys plays but then goes and gives Drouin the dog house treatment. I'm jealous watching another team flourish on the success of their youth.

ZeroGravity

It's weird how much Cooper lets these guys plays but then goes and gives Drouin the dog house treatment. I'm jealous watching another team flourish on the success of their youth.
As a guy who paid his dues going through the ranks, he seems to favor players who did the same. Must drive Yzerman crazy.

Hell, he can't even really take credit for putting those three players together. It only happened because we had a rash of injuries. The best thing this team has was a complete accident. Kucherov started the year in the bottom six and probably would still be there if not for that. He was giving Brett fucking Connolly more minutes.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Maroon-Getzlaf-Perry have 13 goals combined in 9 games (1.44/G, vs Tampa's 17 in 13... (1.31) that's on average better. Just saying.

And their second line of Beleskey-Kesler-Silfverberg also has 12 goals in 9 games. (1.33)

Forsberg&Neal together alone got 8 in 6, with an extra 1 by Ribeiro (1.5)

... I'm just saying.

Smiley90

Hey did you guys hear about the Canadian couple from Alberta/Calgary who DIDN'T KNOW THE GIRL WAS PREGNANT AND SHE GAVE BIRTH ON A PLANE

... fucking hillbillies, all of them, knew it

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey did you guys hear about the Canadian couple from Alberta/Calgary who DIDN'T KNOW THE GIRL WAS PREGNANT AND SHE GAVE BIRTH ON A PLANE

How are they supposed to know that things get pregnant when you fuck them? It's rare that they branch off from chickens and cows, so I'm personally going to cut their ignorance a little slack.

RC

Banned

Ummmmm, the father was wearing a Vancouver Canucks hat.

Red_Man

Anyone else feeling pretty meh about GoT so far? I stopped reading the books up until this season because they got really boring, and this season is doing the same to me.

Smiley90

Ummmmm, the father was wearing a Vancouver Canucks hat.

yeah apparently they're from Penticton and live in Victoria. Flew from Calgary though, for whatever reason.

I feel dumber just reading the story.

Anyone else feeling pretty meh about GoT so far? I stopped reading the books up until this season because they got really boring, and this season is doing the same to me.

Never read the books, but yeah, this season has started out kind of slow.

Daredevil and the
Paris siege
in Vikings spoiled TV for me. Now GoT sucks in comparison. It's so slow and boring this season, despite there already being interesting events.

ShaneB

Whatever happened to Coldnoodle / Forza / Manics / Beez / etc? Hasn't been around for the Caps series at all.

Not sure where he is, certainly hope things are ok.

I have not been posting much lately either, just haven't been in a good spot the past while, and didn't even watch game 5 as I just didn't care to watch it or much of anything then. Felt better when game 6 rolled around and watched that at least. Have my Caps hoodie on today here at work, but yeah, just haven't wanted to post much at all in general lately.

=(

Ricker

Oh well,interest in the playoffs went down a notch with the Habs out of it,especially since they could of won that series if it werent for the luck Lightning but hey,that's a series for you,for me last evening,the 50 second sequence when Plekanec got robbed of a goal by a great(though lucky)save by Bishop and then his giveaway right in front of Price for the Tampa goal sealed the game...

Still looking forward to some great games though,like the 7th game tonight between the Caps and Rangers...as for my bracket,fuck it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom