• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill0527

Am I a bad fan for not picking my own team in the NHL bracket?

I'm a Preds fan and I picked the Blackhawks in 6.

We've had an epic collapse like I've never seen out of a major sports team since the all star break. And it's inexplicable. PDO is about the same on every player. We've had no major injuries. Only explanation is Santo and Franson brought Toronto's curse to town. We went from first in the NHL at the all star break and up for several awards all the way to second in our division and empty handed. We've lost like 6 out of the last 8, lost our last 4 games and mostly to teams that didn't even make the playoffs.

Trying to figure out who I am going to cheer for when the Preds go out. Probably the Habs since I like their team and every game we played against them was great this year.

RevoDS

Am I a bad fan for not picking my own team in the NHL bracket?

I'm a Preds fan and I picked the Blackhawks in 6.

We've had an epic collapse like I've never seen out of a major sports team since the all star break. And it's inexplicable. PDO is about the same on every player. We've had no major injuries. Only explanation is Santo and Franson brought Toronto's curse to town. We went from first in the NHL at the all star break and up for several awards all the way to second in our division and empty handed. We've lost like 6 out of the last 8, lost our last 4 games and mostly to teams that didn't even make the playoffs.

Trying to figure out who I am going to cheer for when the Preds go out. Probably the Habs since I like their team and every game we played against them was great this year.
Nope, I'm thinking the same (or if you are a bad fan, then I am too). As a Montreal fan, I think the series against Ottawa is up in the air with a slight Ottawa lean. If we do get past them, we'll get crushed by Tampa in the second round unless they have an epic collapse of their own against Detroit.

We ain't getting to the conference finals this year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bold prediction: Habs win the first two games.

Then go on to lose the next two, and the series in game 7

Patches isn't taking line rushes, so doesn't look like he'll be in tomorrow.

Merguson

Banned
The playoffs start tomorrow? For some reason I was thinking Friday. Excellent.

EDIT: Sucks to hear about that Senators assistant coach, Mark Reeds :(

Parch

I'd be pretty disappointed if Montreal can't get past Ottawa.

Looking at the bracket convinces me how wide open the race for the Cup is this year. There are tough choices, and I honestly don't think any first round result would be considered a major upset. I would be a bit surprised if Ottawa beats Montreal. I would also be surprised if Pittsburgh beats the Rangers. But I think Winnipeg can beat Anaheim, and the rest of the series should be considered a toss up.

Should be a great playoffs with plenty of close matchups.

I'd be pretty disappointed if Montreal can't get past Ottawa.

Looking at the bracket convinces me how wide open the race for the Cup is this year. There are tough choices, and I honestly don't think any first round result would be considered a major upset. I would be a bit surprised if Ottawa beats Montreal. I would also be surprised if Pittsburgh beats the Rangers. But I think Winnipeg can beat Anaheim, and the rest of the series should be considered a toss up.

Should be a great playoffs with plenty of close matchups.
if the pens win 1 game itll be a surprise

Quick

Banned
Jeff O'Neil picked Winnipeg to win the Cup last night on SportsCentre? What the fuck? lol

Not to say there's no chance at all in that happening, but O'Neil's reasoning is terrible. What a troll.

At least Bobo broke it down to actual game analysis. Byfuglien being a big factor, Pavelec being instrumental and needing to be good, and not getting into penalty trouble since Getzlaf and Perry could do serious damage on the PP, etc.

Haven't looked too closely at playoff tickets but they're not too expensive in Vancouver. Probably cheaper than Calgary tickets right now.

Is it arrogance ("why go a first round game when they've gone to the Final") or apathy ("they won't win the Cup with this group")? They made the playoffs one year after the Torts debacle with a new management team and coaching staff, made the food better, and dropped prices, yet attendance is down.

A playoff game is very exciting to be at. I was at a game in 2009 against Chicago (with Vancouver legend Mats Sundin) and game 1 of the 2011 series against Chicago (Luongo shutout). The atmosphere is great.

Everyone betting against these Pens, still a team with some of the best players and difference makers in the league. Chances are rough but they can produce.

Everyone betting against these Pens, still a team with some of the best players and difference makers in the league. Chances are rough but they can produce.
Are you drunk? We have one healthy defenseman, you'd be stupid to not count them out against the best team in the league by standings.

RC

Banned
Haven't looked too closely at playoff tickets but they're not too expensive in Vancouver. Probably cheaper than Calgary tickets right now.

Is it arrogance ("why go a first round game when they've gone to the Final") or apathy ("they won't win the Cup with this group")? They made the playoffs one year after the Torts debacle with a new management team and coaching staff, made the food better, and dropped prices, yet attendance is down.

A playoff game is very exciting to be at. I was at a game in 2009 against Chicago (with Vancouver legend Mats Sundin) and game 1 of the 2011 series against Chicago (Luongo shutout). The atmosphere is great.

Nothing will ever come close to being at game 5 againest San Jose in 2011. I had no voice left by the end of it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Nothing will ever come close to being at game 5 againest San Jose in 2011. I had no voice left by the end of it.

Hey, I was there too!

... I was also at game 7 against Boston :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
if the pens win 1 game itll be a surprise
I wouldn't say that. Two or more would be a surprise, though.

Meanwhile, still no Kevin Klein at practice today. Rick Nash and Marc Staal were back, though, and seem to be fine.

AV does not expect Klein to practice tomorrow either and therefore is doubtful for Game 1.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Bring it on, Caps-Gaf

62724.jpg

100% accurate predictions

Habs v. Sens in 6
Lightning v. Red Wings in 4
Rangers v. Penguins in 6
Captials v. Islanders in 6

Blues v. Wild in 6
Preds v. Hawks in 5
Ducks v. Jets in 7
Canucks v. Flames in 7

kids-dancing-hook.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
Boudreau whips his teams into absolutely stellar, prime shape in the regular season and then somehow instills a total anti-clutch attitude in them when the playoffs come about. The Ducks/Jets series is probably the toughest to predict beforehand because you really won't know what Ducks team is going to show up until the games are already being played.

Some Calder and Selke consideration for Horvat and Byng consideration for Vrbata in Friedman's 30 Thoughts. Neither will win or even get a handful of votes, but it's nice to see some recognition for their play.

Habs v. Sens in 7
Lightning v. Red Wings in 6
Rangers v. Penguins in 5
Captials v. Islanders in 5

Blues v. Wild in 5
Preds v. Hawks in 7
Ducks v. Jets in 7
Canucks v. Flames in 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom