• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boudreau whips his teams into absolutely stellar, prime shape in the regular season and then somehow instills a total anti-clutch attitude in them when the playoffs come about. The Ducks/Jets series is probably the toughest to predict beforehand because you really won't know what Ducks team is going to show up until the games are already being played.

I think he gets the team to overachieve in the regular season, but come playoff time he can't take it higher when all the other teams are playing better.

Pikma

Banned
Why don't we create a group for the Bracket Challenge? I mean, there's a bunch of people posting predictions already

zedge

Just saw a bunch of Flames at a Starbucks near my work, GIO, Hudler, etc.

If only i was Flames fan.
We can't all be perfect. ;)

As a hockey fan its still neat to see them in person out in the wild. Saw Monahan and Bouma at Nordstrom a while ago.

Giggzy

I'm totally going to disrespect Calgary/Vancouver/Winnipeg fan base with this comment, but the Ducks have a much "easier" road to the WCF than any other team. If Bruce can't get the team to the WCF this year he needs to be fired. Hell, I'd even go as far to say that if he can't get to the SCF he should be let go.

I couldn't careless about constantly winning the division if we crash out when it matters most. Boudreau has a reputation against him when it comes to the playoffs, and this team is ready to win NOW. I don't want our window to close due to an inept manager who can't overcome this hurdle. Time to put up or shut up.

RC

Banned
I'm totally going to disrespect Calgary/Vancouver/Winnipeg fan base with this comment, but the Ducks have a much "easier" road to the WCF than any other team. If Bruce can't get the team to the WCF this year he needs to be fired. Hell, I'd even go as far to say that if he can't get to the SCF he should be let go.

I couldn't careless about constantly winning the division if we crash out when it matters most. Boudreau has a reputation against him when it comes to the playoffs, and this team is ready to win NOW. I don't want our window to close due to an inept manager who can't overcome this hurdle. Time to put up or shut up.

We all know the western Canadian teams suck.

zedge

Didn't realize Boudreau played hockey. Blame the players if they lose.

Giggzy

Didn't realize Boudreau played hockey. Blame the players if they lose.

Actually,

Bruce Allan "Gabby" Boudreau (born January 9, 1955) is a Canadian professional ice hockey head coach and current head coach of the Anaheim Ducks of the National Hockey League (NHL). As a player, Boudreau played professionally for 20 seasons, logging 141 games in the NHL and 30 games in the World Hockey Association (WHA). He played for the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Chicago Black Hawks of the NHL and the Minnesota Fighting Saints of the WHA.

He did play hockey. /s

I agree with what you're getting at, but when you have a coach start messing with every single line, even goalies, just because one little thing goes wrong, that can lead to a major loss of team cohesion and confidence. Sometimes he just needs to place a little more trust in letting the players find their rhythm. Boudreau is very good at out guessing himself. He literally is his own worst enemy.

zedge

Actually,

Bruce Allan "Gabby" Boudreau (born January 9, 1955) is a Canadian professional ice hockey head coach and current head coach of the Anaheim Ducks of the National Hockey League (NHL). As a player, Boudreau played professionally for 20 seasons, logging 141 games in the NHL and 30 games in the World Hockey Association (WHA). He played for the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Chicago Black Hawks of the NHL and the Minnesota Fighting Saints of the WHA.

He did play hockey. /s

I agree with what you're getting at, but when you have a coach start messing with every single line, even goalies, just because one little thing goes wrong, that can lead to a major loss of team cohesion and confidence. Sometimes he just needs to place a little more trust in letting the players find their rhythm. Boudreau is very good at out guessing himself. He literally is his own worst enemy.

Yea I agree but it comes down to the players in the end. Although I'm sure a really bad coach could have a negative impact on the teams play especiially if they do not respect him. Being in the playoffs though you would think the players would be playing balls out regardless.

You sound like the Toronto media.

:lol

Merguson

Banned
Bruce Boudreau disturbed an ancient Indian burial ground and has never bothered to correct things.

Another playoff disappointment incoming.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Bruce made a lot of too-cute-for-his-own-good moves during the playoffs last year, but zedge does have a point: the Ducks performance in game 7 against the Kings is on the players.

Clydefrog

let's go with this

Habs v. Sens in 6
Lightning v. Red Wings in 7
Rangers v. Penguins in 5
Captials v. Islanders in 7

Blues v. Wild in 7
Preds v. Hawks in 6
Ducks v. Jets in 5
Canucks v. Flames in 6

Imagine a St. Louis vs. Anaheim conference final: two contenders lacking recent playoff success.

Ducks could go far if 2011 Kesler shows up.

Clydefrog

Would be interesting to go back to the October thread and see how wrong everyone was with their regular season predictions.

captureheuve.png

I’m batting .500. Got the many 1-point OT losses correct but the playoff position incorrect…

Fuck!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There are so many teams in these playoffs that have never won/haven't won in a long time, anything but a Hawks-Pens final is good with me.

Canada-Canada final would be the best.

Heretic

Actually,

He did play hockey. /s

He's still juggling lines :'(

Heretic

Imagine a St. Louis vs. Anaheim conference final: two contenders lacking recent playoff success.

Ducks could go far if 2011 Kesler shows up.

I love that gif that Soc posted where Mrs. Underwood is crying and the caption says something along the lines of "Kesler did this!"

He's still juggling lines :'(

I hear he's sticking to a somewhat consistent lineup
for a couple periods

Maroon Getzlaf Perry
Beleskey Kesler Palmieri
Cogliano Rakell Silfverberg
Jackman Wagner Sekac

Thompson injured

Lindholm Beach
Fowler Despres
Stoner Wiz

Andersen
Labarbara

Gibson injured

Heretic

I hear he's sticking to a somewhat consistent lineup
for a couple periods

Maroon Getzlaf Perry
Beleskey Kesler Palmieri
Cogliano Rakell Silfverberg
Jackman Wagner Sekac

Thompson injured

Lindholm Beach
Fowler Despres
Stoner Wiz

Andersen
Labarbara

Gibson injured

If that second line is on point... Oh man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom