• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

Nope, just stayed in Tokyo. Wasn't there long enough.

We did the following on our trip:

- Shopped in Ginza
- Went to Ladure in Ginza
- Shopped in Shibuya
- Shopped in Akihabara
- Went drinking in Roppongi
- Went to a Maid Cafe (too creepy)
- Went to a Vampire Cafe
- Went to an Alice in Wonderland Cafe
- Went to Tokyo Disneyland
- Went to Tokyo Skytree
- Went to Ferris Wheel in Odaiba
- Walked Meijin Shrine and Park Area
- Went to Lost in Translation bar in Park Hyatt Hotel
- Was filmed for a TV show on Fuji TV while at a restaurant. Had to sign a release form.

Went to the following restaurants:

- Sant Pau (2 star)
- Esquisse (2 star)
- Pierre Gagnaire (2 star)
- Kumoro (2 star)
- Fukudaya (2 star)
- Kikuchi (2 star)

A wise man will climb Mt. Fuji once; a fool will climb Mt. Fuji twice.

Tabris

No Club Sega? Super Potato? Joypolis? If not you managed to fuck up being in Tokyo so congrats on that.

We did go into Club Sega. It was pretty disappointing actually. 3 floors of loli action figures. 4 floors of arcade games. Don't know the rest. Honestly, wasn't super interested in arcades.

Cindro

WAIT JUST A MINUTE MARVIE.

The true purpose of your avatar shenanigans came to me in a dream last night.

Why would you make me a Quenneville avatar when you don't even like him? And more puzzling, why would YOU make YOURSELF a Rozsíval avatar, when your hatred for Michal flows thicker than ancient honey being snorted by a thousand boars?

Charizard, a fire type Pokémon. Joel Quenneville and Michal Rozsíval, two Hawkers you disdain.

a fire type Pokémon. Joel Quenneville and Michal Rozsíval

fire Quenneville and Rozsíval

I've don't even mind Quenneville. I've been had!

Marvie_3

Banned
WAIT JUST A MINUTE MARVIE.

The true purpose of your avatar shenanigans came to me in a dream last night.

Why would you make me a Quenneville avatar when you don't even like him? And more puzzling, why would YOU make YOURSELF a Rozsíval avatar, when your hatred for Michal flows thicker than ancient honey being snorted by a thousand boars?

Charizard, a fire type Pokémon. Joel Quenneville and Michal Rozsíval, two Hawkers you disdain.

fire Quenneville and Rozsíval

I've don't even mind Quenneville. I've been had!

Either you really have a thing for guys with moustaches or you haven't watched the Hawks enough.

Cindro

Either you really have a thing for guys with moustaches or you haven't watched the Hawks enough.
His win percentage with the Hawks is .658 and he's led them to two Stanley Cups.

I don't think the fact that he doesn't always play the right people in given situations immediately negates all of his positive traits.

Marvie_3

Banned
His win percentage with the Hawks is .658 and he's led them to two Stanley Cups.

I don't think the fact that he doesn't always play the right people in given situations immediately negates all of his positive traits.

You're giving him waaay too much credit here. Has he done some good things at times? Of course, but a lot of the success that the Hawks have had in recent years has come in spite of him, not because of him. He's basically Clark Griswold. Sure they got to Wally World but the whole trip was littered with his stupidity and fuckups.

Both of those Cup years, the team was loaded with talent. Any wino from the street could have stood behind the bench in his finest dumpster suit and watched that team win. The wino probably would have been smart enough to realize that guys like Roszival, Handzus, Brandon Bollig, Nordstrom, Versteeg, Andrew Brunette, Sean O'Donnell, etc etc have no business playing as much as they do. The wino probably doesn't have a lot of cronies who are terrible coaches. The wino probably wouldn't bench certain players for miniscule mistakes while allowing his pets to fuck up over and over and over and over again.

As much success as they've had while he has been the coach, the stupid things he does have kept them from achieving even more than they already have.

ibvrvH8EyKxKI3.gif

zroid

Banned
so there's actually two afternoon games today... and they're STILL being played at the same time (3pm ET)

that's idiotic

Pikma

Banned
Spent the whole night watching Daredevil, since I can't play videogames with a broken finger, and I gotta admit it's quite good, really enjoying it so far, you guys were right.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I had a dream that the Sens won the game last night.

Fuck you Gryba and Sens ugh

No Club Sega? Super Potato? Joypolis? If not you managed to fuck up being in Tokyo so congrats on that.

Seriously. Joypolis was awesome(although a bit expensive) and super potato was like a gaming museum.

My guesses for today's games:

Ottawa over Montreal
Islanders beat Washington
Chicago destroys Nashville
Calgary barely beats Vancouver

Yuppp

:lol I got every single one wrong.

I had a dream that the Sens won the game last night.

Fuck you Gryba and Sens ugh

If we're talking about dreams, mine involved me running away from some Leprechaun with a knife and I hid out in a sports bar and saw that the Wild beat the Blues 15-5, with Kyle Brodziak getting a hat trick.

Obviously that ain't going to happen.

ShaneB

so there's actually two afternoon games today... and they're STILL being played at the same time (3pm ET)

that's idiotic

Said the same thing yesterday. Completely stupid.

Fell asleep watching the late games yesterday, glad to see the Preds and Canucks tie their series up, I want lots of game 7s!

After reading the last few pages, I think Calgary-Vancouver might be providing us with the most salt in the first round. We'll just have to see how sunday plays out with this series and the Habs-Sens playing on the same day.

Oh, Tabris. You edited your post out? Good thing I did this then:

Edit: GONE

I am curious as to what 'this' was.

zedge

Ill be watching the Man U game. Buddy is coming from Winnipeg today too woot!

Tomorrow morning dim sum then Comic Expo! #nerdout

Saw the parade yesterday Garrett Wang said this is the year for the Flames, :p

a916

Vancouver has such an easy path to the WCF, at least to the WC semis.

That Central division is no joke though, oof, I thought Nashville was the weakest among them but they really are holding their own (aided by the awful goaltending of Crawford)

zedge

Wow dude, act like you've been there before. You realize that business/first class flying is something that wealthy people take for granted and don't even think about, right?

Same goes for nice meals out.

I just noticed your avatar. lol! Usually on mobile so don't see them.

Tabris

Wow dude, act like you've been there before. You realize that business/first class flying is something that wealthy people take for granted and don't even think about, right?

That's because I'm not wealthy so I don't take it for granted and I do think about it :)

Pikma

Banned

Give the guy a break, not everyone is lucky enough to have hockey as cheap as yours

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vancouver has such an easy path to the WCF, at least to the WC semis.

That Central division is no joke though, oof, I thought Nashville was the weakest among them but they really are holding their own (aided by the awful goaltending of Crawford)

Don't we play the Ducks if we beat the Flames? How's that easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom