• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

wbsmcs

Sitting Bortles vs packers and starting Osweiler vs bears this weekend

tough choice but playing the matchup?

Packers aren't exactly great. Yea the Bears secondary is horrible, but Bortles could put up 300yds with 2TDs. I say don't overthink this one.

fep

Trade: Spencer Ware for Josh Gordon?

Waiver: Drop Shane Vereen for Jeremy Kerley or Dorial Green Beckham?

12 man PPR
WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T

My team -
RBs: Mccoy, Mathews, DeAngelo, Vereen, C Mike
WRs: Hopkins, Nelson, Maclin, Funchess

I have Ware, the Gordon owner has Charles. Not sure if he'll bite, but I think it's a trade I should offer given the state of my WR corp. Might have been better before news of a possible committee in KC came out...

I don't expect the Giants to do well this year and if they do it won't be because of their RBs (I could be so very wrong, I slept on Denver and I thought they looked good on Thursday). Like most, I don't think the niners are that good either, but Chip gets a lot of plays in and Kerley could be decent in a PPR. I have a few RB and WR is kinda weak so I'm considering this waiver move.

I'm also a Philly homer and DGB is an unknown, he was just dropped to waivers a day ago in my league.

Am I trying to do too much before week 1 is in the books and we get some answers??

fep

Sitting Bortles vs packers and starting Osweiler vs bears this weekend

tough choice but playing the matchup?

That is tough, I'm a big believer in the pack this year though so that might make Bortles have to throw it up. Both are home games for your QBs... Osweiler has a lot to prove so he might want it more and like you said, matchup. I think I might play Bortles though in case Houston goes up and just runs the clock and Miller.

rokkerkory

That is tough, I'm a big believer in the pack this year though so that might make Bortles have to throw it up. Both are home games for your QBs... Osweiler has a lot to prove so he might want it more and like you said, matchup. I think I might play Bortles though in case Houston goes up and just runs the clock and Miller.

Yeah it's a tough call. =/

My opponent has D Hopkins which was a small reason why I am leaning Osweiler.

this_guy

I've always played in PPR leagues where a reception is 0.5 points, but I'm in another new league this year where receptions are worth a whole point. This just seems too much and devalues someone like Adrian Petersen who doesn't do much in the passing game. Do you guys who play in PPR have receptions as a full point too?

phanphare

Banned
rolling with marvin jones in my flex spot over christine michael. thoughts?

just a little apprehensive about the michael/rawls split even though michael is listed as the starter. plus I like marvin jones and the lions offense as far as fantasy goes and the colts defense should be bad plus they're a bit banged up. thinking that should be a high scoring game.

rokkerkory

I've always played in PPR leagues where a reception is 0.5 points, but I'm in another new league this year where receptions are worth a whole point. This just seems too much and devalues someone like Adrian Petersen who doesn't do much in the passing game. Do you guys who play in PPR have receptions as a full point too?

1pt is way too much and skews everything towards WRs

FTF

I've played in both and like either way, as with 1 ppr the games are higher scoring which I like.

mr2xxx

Banned
rolling with marvin jones in my flex spot over christine michael. thoughts?

just a little apprehensive about the michael/rawls split even though michael is listed as the starter. plus I like marvin jones and the lions offense as far as fantasy goes and the colts defense should be bad plus they're a bit banged up. thinking that should be a high scoring game.

Seattle is going to work Rawls in slowly and limit his touches. Only way Micheal isn't getting the majority of carries is if it's a close game (not likely) and if Micheal struggles (not likely), so he'll get his. If it's non-PPR then Micheal is the clear option, PPR I'd still give Micheal the slight edge.

Ryan Matthews or Foster in a .5 ppr league?

If you don't start Foster here, you might as well drop him. This is the best opportunity you're gonna have to use him with his backup not even getting on the plane, him being as healthy as he's gonna be this season, and getting more catches than usual due to going against the Seahawks

Ptaaty

I have Winston and Tyrod Taylor. For some reason, Carr is available...which 2? Tempted to get all three but I'd rather hold more RBs just in case (even if the one I'd drop is Matt Jones)

Carr is the play this week and he is above Winston by ECR for the season...but I like Winston to chuck the rock as I think for this year Raiders D should be better than Bucs D and I take healthy Evans over healthy Cooper.

this_guy

I have Winston and Tyrod Taylor. For some reason, Carr is available...which 2? Tempted to get all three but I'd rather hold more RBs just in case (even if the one I'd drop is Matt Jones)

Carr is the play this week and he is above Winston by ECR for the season...but I like Winston to chuck the rock as I think for this year Raiders D should be better than Bucs D and I take healthy Evans over healthy Cooper.

No reason to hold 3 QBs.

FTF

Half ppr league, Edelman or Crabtree? Have Crabtree in right now since I expect that game to be a shootout and Edelman has a tough matchup plus Jimmy in first start.

I get this strange feeling that the Pats v Cards game is a huge trap. Should I sit Palmer and play someone else? My viable options that I see are Stafford, the Fitz, and I guess Matty Ice but...yeah.

necrosis

I get this strange feeling that the Pats v Cards game is a huge trap. Should I sit Palmer and play someone else? My viable options that I see are Stafford, the Fitz, and I guess Matty Ice but...yeah.

i would start stafford over palmer and not think twice

he's up against a weaker defense, his team has no run game to speak of (meaning that he gets more work), and the game could easily turn into a shootout if indy's offense starts clicking

1pt ppr

Giovanni Bernard vs NYJ
Jordan Matthews vs CLE
TJ Yeldon vs JAX (he might be the sole back - sounds like Chris Ivory is hurt)

FTF

I'd def start Stafford, Indy's secondary will be worst in the league this week and Staff could throw 4 tds today.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
RB2 - Carlos Hyde or Ryan Mathews.

Honestly can't decide. Rams is a tough matchup, I guess, but think Hyde is going to be a monster with Chip... Then again the Eagles are playing the Browns so I'm leaning that way.

necrosis

RB2 - Carlos Hyde or Ryan Mathews.

Honestly can't decide. Rams is a tough matchup, I guess, but think Hyde is going to be a monster with Chip... Then again the Eagles are playing the Browns so I'm leaning that way.

matthews; he's the better back (imo) and has the better matchup

natjjohn

ASked earlier but don't think got an answer.

PPR, .2 points per carry.

Jeremy Maclin vs. Duke Johnson

Thinking Maclin is the way to go. I'm a believer in Duke, but kind of think I need to see it first.

Jamaal Charles is fucked now, right?

Regretting picking him up in one of my leagues. Thankfully I also got Gurley and Bell, who dropped like a rock, but until he comes back my RB depth is kind of weak.

FTF

ASked earlier but don't think got an answer.

PPR, .2 points per carry.

Jeremy Maclin vs. Duke Johnson

Thinking Maclin is the way to go. I'm a believer in Duke, but kind of think I need to see it first.

Yeah I'd go with Maclin.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Duke Johnson Jr.
Gio Bernard
Michael Floyd
Hurns

Pick 1 for flex. My opponent is starting Bortles.

Top Bottom