• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

So I'm in a 12-person keeper league (drafted 6th in each round), and my lineup is as follows:

QB: D. Carr
RB1: E. Lacy
RB2: M. Jones (10th round keep)
WR1: A. Cooper (4th round keep)
WR2: T.Y Hilton
WR3: J. Maclin (5th round keep)
Flex: E. Decker (7th round keep)
TE: T. Kelce
DST: Chiefs
K: Catanzaro

Bench: QB M. Ryan, WR K. Aiken, WR D. Green-Beckham, TE/Flex A. Gates, TE/Flex C. Walford, RB/Flex B. Powell

I want to improve my RB2

Here's another scenario:
I was offered one of my WRs for Matt Forte. Obviously not doing Amari Cooper for Forte to upgrade RB2, but would a trade of Maclin, Decker or Hilton be worth it? I have Forte's handcuff in Powell on the bench as well just in case...

FTF

Here's another scenario:
I was offered one of my WRs for Matt Forte. Obviously not doing Amari Cooper for Forte to upgrade RB2, but would a trade of Maclin, Decker or Hilton be worth it? I have Forte's handcuff in Powell on the bench as well just in case...

I wouldn't give up any of those for Forte, I think he's going to have a down year. But Maclin if you have to do it.

Who should I start as WR2:

Edelman
Crabtree
Golden Tate

Tate. Colts D is going to get lit up today.

Yeldon (now that Ivory is out) or Langford?

I think it's a bit of a tossup. Both teams have elite WR options, Langford had way more redzone usage last season but it's not impossible for Yeldon to see those looks instead. I'm starting Bortles/Yeldon this week (in a league where I don't have Langford, though)

Jamaal Charles is fucked now, right?

Regretting picking him up in one of my leagues. Thankfully I also got Gurley and Bell, who dropped like a rock, but until he comes back my RB depth is kind of weak.

Charles had his injury about 6 weeks after Jordy Nelson and Kelvin Benjamin, and both of them just now made it back to playing condition. I wouldn't be surprised if Charles is out another 2-4 weeks

What's FAAB?

Each team starts the season with 100 "waiver dollars" which you can blind bid on for players on waivers each week. Bid 0. Bid 100, whatever you want. It allows any team to get the players they want...but the $100 has to last the season so you need to judge spending now vs spending later.

If there is a tie in the bids, then it goes according to the traditional waiver order scheme your league has set.

FTF

Devonta Freeman sucks...I regretted drafting him the second after I did it and want him off my team after just one half.

Hopefully he turns things around this game :/

Edit: Oh yeah, and espn sucks too.

Devonta Freeman sucks...I regretted drafting him the second after I did it and want him off my team after just one half.

Hopefully he turns things around this game :/

Edit: Oh yeah, and espn sucks too.

Man, idk what's worse: the 5 carries for 4 yards or how Coleman has the exact same number of carries (and for more yards)

Why? Knee troubles take time. At least he didn't play a game and mess it up again. I'm just putting him in the same boat as Le'Veon Bell - let's give him a few weeks to get ready.

Charles had his injury about 6 weeks after Jordy Nelson and Kelvin Benjamin, and both of them just now made it back to playing condition. I wouldn't be surprised if Charles is out another 2-4 weeks

Injury is obviously an issue, but I'm more worried about Ware becoming a #1 and by the time he comes back to 100%, they will want to stick with Ware.

jfkgoblue

FUCK my WR2 is Keenan Allen, WOTS is he's done for year

Got a peek at my team, Jameis with the clutch 40 points.... I'll take it

Shoutout to ESPN still being down when the next set of games are about to kickoff. Hopefully nobody wanted to make any changes...

That feeling when you had Vikings defense, Brandin Cooks, made a waiver pickup of Spencer Ware after the draft and played him, everyone contributed and still have Gurley on deck for Monday night...

Was really kicking myself for benching Melvin Gordon for Spencer Ware, but then Ware comes back in the end and outscores Gordon by 8. Plus I had Brees and Cooks who put up 65 combined, I'm looking good so far.

Im gonna be sick. Woodhead, Gordon, and Snead combined for like 65 points, all on my bench while Michael and Hurns didn't do shit. Had I played even one of them, I'd win in the GAF league this week.

jfkgoblue

FUCK fantasy football, I had a good, solid week across the board, my opponent has Andrew Luck and Spencer Ware, this is why I didn't play last year....
Now I need 15 points from the Steeler defense lol... Ugh

FUCK fantasy football, I had a good, solid week across the board, my opponent has Andrew Luck and Spencer Ware, this is why I didn't play last year....
It's one week man, chill. It happens to everyone. There were plenty of times where I was the second highest scorer and I just happened to be playing #1: just shake it off and move on to the next one

When you was sweating your opponent because you knew he had Andrew Luck but he benched him last minute for Tyrod Taylor...

Willie Snead on his bench too aha.

It's one week man, chill. It happens to everyone. There were plenty of times where I was the second highest scorer and I just happened to be playing #1: just shake it off and move on to the next one

Yeah, that's the one thing that frustrates me about fantasy football. I was 2nd in my league last year in scoring but lost almost 50% because my opponent just happens to have the better week when they play against me.

jfkgoblue

Oh you don't understand, that's what I said last time, then come week 7 I have the most points scored in the league at 2-5, it's Deja's vu

phanphare

Banned
well looks like I'm going to lose in both my leagues but I'm liking both of my teams a lot

got jordan matthews and willie snead sitting on the bench in one with julio, mike evans, and jeremy maclin as my other WRs. might have to see what's up with the keenan allen owner.

nillapuddin

I made 3 lineup changes this morning.

I'll let yall guess what my pregame adjustments were

7AqqeQTl.png

taylor for rivers, michael for abdullah, brown for fuller.

I am the second highest score this week playing the highest scoring. Sucks so bad... Why can't I play the teams that haven't even scored 50 pts??? Ugh

^^Barnidge screwed me too

Top Bottom