• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

t-ramp

cant watch this game, whats goin on with my dawg john brown? : (
Yeah, I have him and my opponent has Fitzgerald. I'm also playing Catanzaro against his Gostkowski, so my lead going into this game has vanished.

I need a 9-point swing now, which could happen...

Peterson laid an egg and Ivory got taken to the hospital after I had already gone to work (and couldn't set my roster), so that left Crowell on my bench with quadruple what I got from AP. X(

I'm down by 7, opponent has Carlos Hyde and I have Big Ben.

Thank god for Amari Cooper, he kept it competitive for me.

Pats-Cards probably saved me this week. I was down 6 going into it and had Arizona's defense and Gostkowski, while he had New England's defense and Catanzaro. Came out of the game 8 points ahead. I have Antonio Brown left and he has Todd Gurley left, so I'm feeling decent right now.

Man, what a week 1.

The Spencer Ware pickup across the board sure paid dividends. The Christine Michael.. not so much.

Have a pretty good mix of players across my teams this year though. Think I'm going to pull off a week 1 sweep, for like, the first time ever.

Good luck to everyone who needs a #MondayMiracle!

jfkgoblue

Ok I have a crapshoot long shot.

I am down 144.7 to 129.8, they don't have anyone left playing, I still have defense. My current defense is the Steelers, but LA is an available FA, so basically, which team is more likely(I know both are a small chance) to get me the 15 points that I need?

EDIT: reading more into this it is easily the Rams

I am down 144.7 to 129.8, they don't have anyone left playing, I still have defense. My current defense is the Steelers, but LA is an available FA, so basically, which team is more likely(I know both are a small chance) to get me the 15 points that I need?

id prob go with LA as the safer bet this week

1- SF has a less proven in a new system under a new coach with less playmakers
2- LA has a pretty stout front seven that can prob get pressure and force the turnovers you need
3- SF field is the worst, could cause miscues
4- WAS QB Cousins was pretty efficient last year and is in the same system and unlikely to be fooled as easy
5- PIT defense isnt what it once was so I dont know that they can make the kind of plays you need to score 15 points

good luck either way

EDIT: reading more into this it is easily the Rams
Yep, easily. Great defensive front and they always play division rivals hard. If they stop Hyde they can completely shut down the 49ers

jfkgoblue

id prob go with LA as the safer bet this week

1- SF has a less proven in a new system under a new coach with less playmakers
2- LA has a pretty stout front seven that can prob get pressure and force the turnovers you need
3- SF field is the worst, could cause miscues
4- WAS QB Cousins was pretty efficient last year and is in the same system and unlikely to be fooled as easy
5- PIT defense isnt what it once was so I dont know that they can make the kind of plays you need to score 15 points

good luck either way
Thanks, yeah I'm going with LA, SF is a dumpster fire on offense, and you have helped confirm what I thought.

Fantasy pros says 99% go with the Rams as well

Hoping for a couple pick 6's and sack fumbles :D
Pats-Cards probably saved me this week. I was down 6 going into it and had Arizona's defense and Gostkowski, while he had New England's defense and Catanzaro. Came out of the game 8 points ahead. I have Antonio Brown left and he has Todd Gurley left, so I'm feeling decent right now.
Best RB vs best WR, in that case I'd give you a slight advantage, but you may be very happy for that 8 point cushion come Tuesday morning

Sitting comfortably with a 37 point lead in my PPR league. All my guys have played while he only has his DT and kicker left so I'm not worried. My other league on the other hand I'm a little more concerned about. I'm down exactly 1 point and have Gurley and the Steelers D while he has his DB and DT.

It's possible but not likely for defensive players to have really good games. I'll automatically get a 9 point lead as soon as the Steelers play so I'm not even too worried about gaining points, I just hope they can maintain it. As long as Gurley has a decent day then I should win the game in this league. And it's the one I care more about since it's $60 per person(12 man) compared to $20(also 12) in my PPR league.

Lost one league, started Foster over Ware(stupid ESPN convinced Ware was gonna split work and not have much).

My work league though(started Ware, I drafted Charles in the 3rd rd) I have 68 pt lead :), guy just had a bad week and I still have Antonio to play yet and he has Ben, think I should be safe lol.

Trade was made, but didn't go through for reasons
Kelce and Evans for Olsen and Decker.. I'm lucky that the guy traded a Decker because I tried to get Keenan Allen from him.

I got kinda of lucky.

yeah what was up with barnidge? only two targets
Don't know.. Terrelle and Coleman were getting catches.. I'm glad I'm first in the waiver wire and getting Pryor.. Yes :)

Dropping Ginn.. Too inconsistent so he's got to go.

Stranga.. Do America a favor and make sure that we do not let PD repeat and win again.

I believe in you.

Assuming most people wasted a relatively high pick on luck why would you bench him unless he's injured? Play your studs.

Because a lot of people have quality backups, and you should always weigh your options. I am leaning towards leaving him in though.

phanphare

Banned
which TE should I target this week? Kyle Rudolph, Jacob Tamme, or Austin Seferian-Jenkins? leaning ASJ then Rudolph then Tamme

Cappa

Banned
Because a lot of people have quality backups, and you should always weigh your options. I am leaning towards leaving him in though.
Then alot of people wasted a pick. Every year a top 10 QB emerges from the waiver wire. When you start over thinking things is when you get into trouble. Who would be your other option anyway?

If I had Andrew luck I wouldn't be carrying a backup. Wasted spot. (unless his injury becomes a problem)
which TE should I target this week? Kyle Rudolph, Jacob Tamme, or Austin Seferian-Jenkins? leaning ASJ then Rudolph then Tamme
Yikes what are your TEs now? I wouldn't roster any of those 3 maybe Tamme but who are your current TEs.

Waiver wire question..
I have Murray, but should I pick up Jalen Richard because I think he will get good opportunities with spelling Murray in that Raiders offense.

I have Crowell, Ginn, Forsett, and Dak on my bench..

I planned on dropping Ginn for Pryor, but I am now unsure

Or should I pick up a QB over Dak in case Russell doesn't go next week. Brock, Jimmy G, or Flacci are available.

I'm number one on the wire so..

I'd say ASJ if you have to pick one up

Then alot of people wasted a pick. Every year a top 10 QB emerges from the waiver wire. When you start over thinking things is when you get into trouble. Who would be your other option anyway?

If I had Andrew luck I wouldn't be carrying a backup. Wasted spot. (unless his injury becomes a problem)

Yikes what are your TEs now? I wouldn't roster any of those 3 maybe Tamme but who are your current TEs.

Luck wasn't a guarantee. I don't think it was a terrible idea to hedge my bet and pick up a quality back up in the 11th round. And I'm really not overthinking. I am just curious what others think about his matchup lol.

wbsmcs

Waiver wire question..
I have Murray, but should I pick up Jalen Richard because I think he will get good opportunities with spelling Murray in that Raiders offense.

I have Crowell, Ginn, Forsett, and Dak on my bench..

I planned on dropping Ginn for Pryor, but I am now unsure

Or should I pick up a QB over Dak in case Russell doesn't go next week. Brock, Jimmy G, or Flacci are available.

I'm number one on the wire so..

I'd say ASJ if you have to pick one up

I wouldn't waste a number one waiver for anybody this week. Just be patient and try to maybe get Brock for Dak.

Jarnet87

i own Luck and Jameis, but only because Jameis was available in the last round so I thought what the hell. I really never plan on playing Jameis unless Luck get hurts, but liked him super late as someone who could be trade bait if he takes that next step

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
so this is my first time using FAAB - anyone have tips on how it works or good rules of thumb to value players by?

won ( fingers crossed) my first week. but im worried that my team is going to come crashing down to earth next week as they went off bigtime.

thinking about dropping jared cook and nabbing lafell, agholor, beasley, or my personal favorite Enunwa.

dunno what defense to stream though for week 2.... killed it with Min last week, but i dont want to run them against the packers...

so this is my first time using FAAB - anyone have tips on how it works or good rules of thumb to value players by?

won ( fingers crossed) my first week. but im worried that my team is going to come crashing down to earth next week as they went off bigtime.

thinking about dropping jared cook and nabbing lafell, agholor, beasley, or my personal favorite Enunwa.

Value
Look at Yahoo or CBS, they tend to tell you good target bid amounts. The basic rule of thumb is:
1. My RB died and I need his backup to win the league: $80+
2. This guy is going to be amazing $20-40
3. I'm dropping dudes and this guy has potential $5-10
4. I need to swap my defense $1-2
5. I need to swap my K $0

Remember that bidding is logic based - you can bid on 5000 people if you really want, and you'll just be disqualified from bidding on any player that (a) you no longer have the money for or (b) you no longer have the player to swap for. So it's very easy for you to make bids assuming that you lose on other bids, ex:

[1] Bid $20 on T. Pryor, dropping D. Washington
[2] Bid $1 on Q. Enunwa, dropping D. Washington
[3] Bid $0 on C. Johnson, dropping D. Washington

Per this, if you win Pryor, the other bids automatically fail because you no longer have Washington. But if you lose on Pryor, you might win on Enunwa, etc. You lose nothing to bid - you only lose money if you win.

wbsmcs

A guy in my league lost Watkins and has weak receivers in general.

He's trying to trade Rawls/Blount to get a WR.

Worth it to try to do Maclin for Rawls and someone like E.Sanders?

Or Blount for Diggs or Torrey Smith?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Value
Look at Yahoo or CBS, they tend to tell you good target bid amounts. The basic rule of thumb is:
1. My RB died and I need his backup to win the league: $80+
2. This guy is going to be amazing $20-40
3. I'm dropping dudes and this guy has potential $5-10
4. I need to swap my defense $1-2
5. I need to swap my K $0

thanks for reply - good to hear from someone with faab exerience. pretty much what iwas expecting. 5-10 range for someonewith an unclear future who i believe in and i want to swap with a bench dude

we're working with 100$ for the season, so i've averaged out about 8$ per week essentially...

I don't believe in Tsmith, so maybe blount for him...but i'm also pretty anti NE rbs.... I like diggs future and would hold on to him.

how badly do you need a RB? is it just for depth? If so I wouldnt make the trade yet. lots of time to let RBs shine and break out before bye weeks.

A guy in my league lost Watkins and has weak receivers in general.

Well, the Bills aren't shutting down Watkins so that's a plus. Might not play on the short week though.

Maclin for Rawls+Sanders? sure, I would make that deal. Rawls value right now is about as low as it will get this season. It may take a few more games before Rawls is ready for full-time but CM hasn't done anything to steal the job and Carroll knows how Rawls performed last season. But I'd only make this deal if I wasn't starting Maclin as one of my two WRs

Blount/Diggs are not very exciting. Don't like either side.

thanks for reply - good to hear from someone with faab exerience. pretty much what iwas expecting. 5-10 range for someonewith an unclear future who i believe in and i want to swap with a bench dude

we're working with 100$ for the season, so i've averaged out about 8$ per week essentially...

Yeah. There are some weeks where you should just spend 0-1 and load up on guys that you need for your bench for whatever reason but aren't worth money. Then there are weeks where you may want to spend big. Just try not to spend much in the middle unless you think he will make a difference. The worst thing you can do is spend $10-15 and then drop the guy a couple of weeks later.

Pryor definitely isn't worth the 1 WW spot, RGIII is awful, and Pryor's targets are gonna go way down once Josh Gordon comes back, if you can get him as a FA, then he could have some value, but don't expect a whole lot

Then Tyrell, Coleman, Or Richards I guess.

I'm thinking RG3 will still give him more catches. I don't know how Josh will look so maybe RG3 still goes to Pryor.

I still have Allen Robinson, soon to have Decker after my trade, and now I'm just spitballing.

Gordon is unavailable in either of my leagues unfortunately.

Joe

This is my first time playing fantasy football and I was wondering if you guys could help me with any basic holes or potential weaknesses my team might have.

Drop Williams or Johnson for a backup QB?
Do I need to worry about my TE?
Stick with Indy or pick a Defense weekly?

omeON83.png

wbsmcs

This is my first time playing fantasy football and I was wondering if you guys could help me with any basic holes or potential weaknesses my team might have.

Terrence Williams could be dropped for a backup QB. He's nothing special.

Don't worry about Delanie Walker yet. He's arguably the Titans' best receiver.

I pick defenses weekly. Baltimore has a good matchup this week against the Browns, who looked abysmal.

Ron Mexico

I'm on the fence about the QB. Options are to grab one to stash or just pull off the scrap heap when it's Bortles' bye week.

Delanie Walker won't score you tons but there's way worse out there IMO.

Indy D blows. At this point, you're better off looking for matchups weekly.

Not a bad start to my season. I finally got around to checking my lineup yesterday morning and was shocked to discover I didn't actually have a tight end. Not entirely sure how that happened, but I have a sneaking suspicion it had something to do with holding a live draft at a strip club. Lucky for me I snapped up free agent Dwayne Allen and his 13 points before kickoff. Outside of B. Marsh it was a good showing all around, so I'm heading into tonight up 28 with my Gurley against his Hyde.

I don't want to get too excited as the fantasy gods have made me their plaything for the last few years. In the last 3 seasons I've been the highest scoring team twice and finished in the top 3 last year. That was good enough for 7th in a 10 man league. If you ever want your players to have the game of their career, start them against me.

Joe

Terrence Williams could be dropped for a backup QB. He's nothing special.

Don't worry about Delanie Walker yet. He's arguably the Titans' best receiver.

I pick defenses weekly. Baltimore has a good matchup this week against the Browns, who looked abysmal.

I'm on the fence about the QB. Options are to grab one to stash or just pull off the scrap heap when it's Bortles' bye week.

Delanie Walker won't score you tons but there's way worse out there IMO.

Indy D blows. At this point, you're better off looking for matchups weekly.

Ok cool, thanks a lot!

hermit7

Proposed this trade today.

Tom Brady and martellus Bennet

For Michael Floyd and Greg Olsen.

I have Eli as my starting QB and Tom Brady is on my bench. Bennet is my starting TE, I have good depth at my positions, and would also have to end up dropping Wheaton to make room for Floyd.

Would have to pick a waiver QB for the bye but seems like a good trade for me in terms of value.

phanphare

Banned
Proposed this trade today.

Tom Brady and martellus Bennet

For Michael Floyd and Greg Olsen.

I have Eli as my starting QB and Tom Brady is on my bench. Bennet is my starting TE, I have good depth at my positions, and would also have to end up dropping Wheaton to make room for Floyd.

Would have to pick a waiver QB for the bye but seems like a good trade for me in terms of value.

I'd do that in a heartbeat

jfkgoblue

How likely am I too pull this off? Feel like they have had so much luck, that I am due for a lucky break with LA defense tonight

nCCRoDE.png

Top Bottom