• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

McBryBry

Post is probably gonna be long winded, but I've never played fantasy before and after supreme confidence in my teams, I'm now in panic mode lol. Both leagues are standard.

Team 1:
QB: Russell Wilson (hurt)
WR: Allen Robinson (low points) Sammy Watkins (hurt, low points) Eric Decker (hit projected)
RB: Lamar Miller (projected) Christine Michael (fell for hype, never again)
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Stephen Gostkowski (was a god among plebes)
DEF: Kansas City (Awful)
Bench: Rashad Jennings, Jeremy Hill, Larry Fitz, Isaiah Crowell, Tajae Sharpe, Rishard Matthews

Right now I've got waivers to get Will Fuller for Rishard Matthews, Matt Ryan for Christine Michael and Baltimore DEF for KC. I'm not really sure what else would be a right move to make. I'm thinking I'll cancel the Matt Ryan waiver until I know for sure Wussell is out.

Team 2:
QB: Tyrod (bad)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins (was good) Brandon Marshall (bad) Randall Cobb (bad)
RB: Adrian Peterson (bad) Latavius Murray (did pretty good)
TE: Zach Ertz (hurt)
K: Chandler Catanzaro (underperform)
DEF: New England (did fine)
Flex: Frank Gore (underperformed, was hoping for good matchup)
Bench: Jeremy Langford (obvious flex now) Michael Floyd, Gio Bernard, Jameis "mcbrybry sucks at fantasy" Winston, Rishard Matthews, Clive Walford

With this, I'm trying to get Tyrell Williams and Theo Riddick to replace Rishard and Gio. Also have one set up for Matt Ryan while dropping Tyrod, and Blair Walsh for dropping Catanzaro.

Like I said, I'm new. I don't have the hang of things. I'm probably being that guy who does too much. But I'm not even sure how waivers work really, so what's stopping me?

wbsmcs

Post is probably gonna be long winded, but I've never played fantasy before and after supreme confidence in my teams, I'm now in panic mode lol. Both leagues are standard.

Team 1:
QB: Russell Wilson (hurt)
WR: Allen Robinson (low points) Sammy Watkins (hurt, low points) Eric Decker (hit projected)
RB: Lamar Miller (projected) Christine Michael (fell for hype, never again)
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Stephen Gostkowski (was a god among plebes)
DEF: Kansas City (Awful)
Bench: Rashad Jennings, Jeremy Hill, Larry Fitz, Isaiah Crowell, Tajae Sharpe, Rishard Matthews

Right now I've got waivers to get Will Fuller for Rishard Matthews, Matt Ryan for Christine Michael and Baltimore DEF for KC. I'm not really sure what else would be a right move to make. I'm thinking I'll cancel the Matt Ryan waiver until I know for sure Wussell is out.

Team 2:
QB: Tyrod (bad)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins (was good) Brandon Marshall (bad) Randall Cobb (bad)
RB: Adrian Peterson (bad) Latavius Murray (did pretty good)
TE: Zach Ertz (hurt)
K: Chandler Catanzaro (underperform)
DEF: New England (did fine)
Flex: Frank Gore (underperformed, was hoping for good matchup)
Bench: Jeremy Langford (obvious flex now) Michael Floyd, Gio Bernard, Jameis "mcbrybry sucks at fantasy" Winston, Rishard Matthews, Clive Walford

With this, I'm trying to get Tyrell Williams and Theo Riddick to replace Rishard and Gio. Also have one set up for Matt Ryan while dropping Tyrod, and Blair Walsh for dropping Catanzaro.

Like I said, I'm new. I don't have the hang of things. I'm probably being that guy who does too much. But I'm not even sure how waivers work really, so what's stopping me?

I wouldn't drop Christine Michael justttttt yet. Don't chase the Matt Ryan hype either. Wait for waivers to end if you want a QB. Flacco is a good pickup this week against the Browns. Definitely don't drop Gio for Riddick either.

It's still too early to panic. Allen Robinson will be fine for you..he got an immense amount of targets last game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for 200yds next Sunday.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Feel free to wake up any time, Barnidge.

0DXDW7f.jpg

He will this week no need to worry.

McBryBry

I wouldn't drop Christine Michael justttttt yet. Don't chase the Matt Ryan hype either. Wait for waivers to end if you want a QB. Flacco is a good pickup this week against the Browns. Definitely don't drop Gio for Riddick either.

It's still too early to panic. Allen Robinson will be fine for you..he got an immense amount of targets last game. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for 200yds next Sunday.

I believe in Robinson this week. He may have had a bad one but I'm still confident in him.

My issue with CMike is sharing the ball with Rawls. I feel like I can probably get a better player and not have to worry about the Seattle backfield.

I was hesitant on the Ryan pickups as well, so those are dropped. Why would you keep Gio over Theo?

ALSO, would you give up Walford for a different TE? Virgil Green, Vance McDonald, Jacob Tamme are available amongst others.

wbsmcs

I believe in Robinson this week. He may have had a bad one but I'm still confident in him.

My issue with CMike is sharing the ball with Rawls. I feel like I can probably get a better player and not have to worry about the Seattle backfield.

I was hesitant on the Ryan pickups as well, so those are dropped. Why would you keep Gio over Theo?

ALSO, would you give up Walford for a different TE? Virgil Green, Vance McDonald, Jacob Tamme are available amongst others.

Depending who's on waiver CMike may be better as just a high upside stash on your bench until the situation clears up. I would hold for one more week. You have some good RBs on your bench in Rashad, Hill, and Crowell. I bet one of those guys is a top20 by end of year.

I take back what I said about Ryan. He actually has a very favourable schedule the next couple of weeks, and if Wilson is to miss time he could be a great fill-in. I just wouldn't necessarily waste a high waiver priority on him.

Gio over Riddick? The gap might be closer than I originally thought, but I still have a little bit of trust in Gio because of his history. The Bengals played a tough Jets D, while the Lions played the Colts. Gio should get more targets, and if JHill goes down he's a legit RB1.

I like Walford and Green. Mcdonald wasn't used as much as I originally thought. I like Walford more than Green right now...but Siemien was getting Green involved a lot, and he got some endzone looks. Flip a coin...Green could possibly be a top 10 TE.

So far, the only roster fixing I'm doing is grabbing Jameis and dropping Mariota.

But I've got to decide between Blount, Rawls, J. Stewart, and Woodhead for my RBs this week to go with Lacy. I'm leaning towards Blount and Lacy with Stewart as my Flex, but I'm scared Lacy goes back to his 14 carries for 60 yards ways again.

Also, Rogers vs. the Vikes on the road, or Eli at home vs. the terrible Saints defense?

McBryBry

Depending who's on waiver CMike may be better as just a high upside stash on your bench until the situation clears up. I would hold for one more week. You have some good RBs on your bench in Rashad, Hill, and Crowell. I bet one of those guys is a top20 by end of year.

I take back what I said about Ryan. He actually has a very favourable schedule the next couple of weeks, and if Wilson is to miss time he could be a great fill-in. I just wouldn't necessarily waste a high waiver priority on him.

Gio over Riddick? The gap might be closer than I originally thought, but I still have a little bit of trust in Gio because of his history. The Bengals played a tough Jets D, while the Lions played the Colts. Gio should get more targets, and if JHill goes down he's a legit RB1.

I like Walford and Green. Mcdonald wasn't used as much as I originally thought. I like Walford more than Green right now...but Siemien was getting Green involved a lot, and he got some endzone looks. Flip a coin...Green could possibly be a top 10 TE.

For who's on waiver against CMike... RB's that pop out are Riddick and Abdullah. WR's are Mike Wallace, Chris Hogan, Brandon LaFell, Tyrell Williams

wbsmcs

So far, the only roster fixing I'm doing is grabbing Jameis and dropping Mariota.

But I've got to decide between Blount, Rawls, J. Stewart, and Woodhead for my RBs this week to go with Lacy. I'm leaning towards Blount and Lacy with Stewart as my Flex, but I'm scared Lacy goes back to his 14 carries for 60 yards ways again.

Also, Rogers vs. the Vikes on the road, or Eli at home vs. the terrible Saints defense?

I would go Blount/JStew as well. And the QB is a hard one..I hate sitting studs, but I'm pretty sure Eli thew 6TDs against the Saints last year.

For who's on waiver against CMike... RB's that pop out are Riddick and Abdullah. WR's are Mike Wallace, Chris Hogan, Brandon LaFell, Tyrell Williams

I would drop CMike for Abdullah

fep

Eli Rogers, Quincy Enunwa, Tyrell Williams... who would you give priority off waivers?

Tyrell is probably the biggest question mark, but I feel like the first two are going to guaranteed to see snaps in their respective offenses. Either way, I want to snag one of these guys and see what happens week 2.

wbsmcs

Eli Rogers, Quincy Enunwa, Tyrell Williams... who would you give priority off waivers?

Tyrell is probably the biggest question mark, but I feel like the first two are going to guaranteed to see snaps in their respective offenses. Either way, I want to snag one of these guys and see what happens week 2.

Tyrell>Rogers>>>Enunwa

McBryBry

I would go Blount/JStew as well. And the QB is a hard one..I hate sitting studs, but I'm pretty sure Eli thew 6TDs against the Saints last year.

I would drop CMike for Abdullah

That's who I was leaning towards. If someone else gets him first (as I can see them all diving for him) would you take Riddick?

wbsmcs

That's who I was leaning towards. If someone else gets him first (as I can see them all diving for him) would you take Riddick?

I would keep Michael over Riddick as Michael has more upside, and Riddick will most likely not see your starting lineup based on your other RBs.

necrosis

this is tough, but i would lean towards eli rogers personally

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I would keep Michael over Riddick as Michael has more upside, and Riddick will most likely not see your starting lineup based on your other RBs.

Riddick has a lot of ppr upside since the Lions are a pass first team. Only good thing about him.

Hoodbury

Carlos Hyde's 4th quarter TD gave me the one point win over my opponent. Feels great

Heh, put me 3 points over my opponent for the win. I tried staying up to watch because it was so close but couldn't make it past the midway point of the 3rd Qtr. Was a nice surprise when I woke up this morning though.

Had the highest score out of everyone in my league and my first round pick AP did nothing. Feels good since I got last place last year.

Eli Manning
Eddie Lacy
Duke Johnson Jr.
Antonio Brown
Brandin Cooks
Delanie Walker
Jordan Matthews
Chiefs
Mason Crosby

Bench
Matt Jones
Kevin White
Charles Sims
Jared Cook
Terrance West
Dak Prescott

1st time playing fantasy and that was the lineup I used in week 1. Any suggestions on some pickups for this week? I was thinking about dropping Jared Cook and trying to pick up either the Ravens or the Steelers for my Defense(and benching KC for now.) I know my RB's are pretty aren't great but I had slim pickings (12 man standard.) I was also thinking about dropping Matt Jones but I'm not entirely sure who I'd replace him with.

dantehemi

So is there anyone this week worth using a #1 WW spot this week or stash it for week 2?

It's a stash week. Let people take the new hot WRs like Eli Rogers and Tyrell Williams. It might be better to settle for guys like Chris Hogan or Steve Smith (got a lottttt of targets last game) and just move up the waiver ranking.

On FAAB I'm dropping like $4 to pick up Vereen for a team I have with weak RBs.

jfkgoblue

It's a stash week. Let people take the new hot WRs like Eli Rogers and Tyrell Williams. It might be better to settle for guys like Chris Hogan or Steve Smith (got a lottttt of targets last game) and just move up the waiver ranking.

On FAAB I'm dropping like $4 to pick up Vereen for a team I have with weak RBs.
Thanks, that what I figured, no unowned guys had monster games, hopefully it gets clearer next week

fep

Tyrell>Rogers>>>Enunwa

this is tough, but i would lean towards eli rogers personally

Thanks, I'm dropping Vance McDonald for one of these guys, but off chance I get shots at two... is it too early to give up on Funchess? I'm looking at LaFell too. Kerley is on my bench as well.

I want to take a shot at a few of these guys and see where week 2 usage takes them. Snag 'em while there is uncertainty. Maybe I'll just wait for waivers to process and see if anyone I like is left. It's all a crapshoot right now.

nillapuddin

wbat do yall think my team needs are?

uuSbZxfl.png

I have first waiver priority and Im using it for Tajae Sharpe, dropping Cards DST

I feel like since I have first waiver I should strike for the surprise names just to block people but I dont have any players I feel comfortable dropping.

Not in love with my DST's this week either.

Last year my team (won championship) I loved it, I had players I knew and loved and I felt confident, this year I feel like I have a rag-tag team of guys I barely know : /

EDIT: CONTEXT
top scoring available players in my league
http://i.imgur.com/EG2tz2m.png

wbsmcs

wbat do yall think my team needs are?

uuSbZxfl.png

I have first waiver priority and Im using it for Tajae Sharpe, dropping Cards DST

I feel like since I have first waiver I should strike for the surprise names just to block people but I dont have any players I feel comfortable dropping.

Not in love with my DST's this week either.

Last year my team (won championship) I loved it, I had players I knew and loved and I felt confident, this year I feel like I have a rag-tag team of guys I barely know : /

EDIT: CONTEXT
top scoring available players in my league
http://i.imgur.com/EG2tz2m.png

I don't think you have much to worry about. Once Bell comes back for Week 4 you'll have 2 top 5 RBs, and some pretty good WRs with Cooks and DT. One thing I would do is drop Tyrod for Matt Ryan if he's available as he has a good schedule coming up. Jared Cook is droppable as well, and same with Chiefs D...no need for 2 on your roster.

#1 waiver on Sharpe? Hm...your RBs are your strength, so yea...I would say stockpile upside WRs like you have (Fuller, Brown, Diggs, and now Sharpe) and hope one of them could be a top 20.

Thanks, I'm dropping Vance McDonald for one of these guys, but off chance I get shots at two... is it too early to give up on Funchess? I'm looking at LaFell too. Kerley is on my bench as well.

I want to take a shot at a few of these guys and see where week 2 usage takes them. Snag 'em while there is uncertainty. Maybe I'll just wait for waivers to process and see if anyone I like is left. It's all a crapshoot right now.

All of those guys are the hot items of the week, and sure...one of them could become a top 25 WR by end of year, but knowing right now is impossible. Go with your gut.

I personally think it's too early to give up on Funchess, and like what I saw from Kerley, so i wouldn't drop them for Rogers. But like I said...judging from just one week is useless. Kerley could end up being the WR1 on SF and get 10 targets a game, or end up irrelevant by week 4.

nillapuddin

I don't think you have much to worry about. Once Bell comes back for Week 4 you'll have 2 top 5 RBs, and some pretty good WRs with Cooks and DT. One thing I would do is drop Tyrod for Matt Ryan if he's available as he has a good schedule coming up. Jared Cook is droppable as well, and same with Chiefs D...no need for 2 on your roster.

#1 waiver on Sharpe? Hm...your RBs are your strength, so yea...I would say stockpile upside WRs like you have (Fuller, Brown, Diggs, and now Sharpe) and hope one of them could be a top 20. .

Thanks for the bode of confidence. I hope DT is healthy, I had Sanders last year so all I know about him is that he is the #1. Never seen Cooks play before, but clearly I was rewarded with that week 1.

Yeah Im gunna shoot for Sharpe with the first rotation and Im gunna try and go for the other knee jerk names incase people forgot to put their waiver claims in and get "week 2 desperate"

ECpbAnz.png

If I get em, then atleast someone else didnt, and if I dont then no big deal. thanks again for the assurance.

castlegar

Thoughts on this trade?

My:
Seahawks
J. Starks
A. Luck

For his:
M. Ryan
Bengals
Blount
S. Shepard

I'm thinking this is bad (but this is only my second year playing FF, and following the sport, so I might be wrong). I lost Allen this week, which hurt, but I think I'm still in pretty good shape. My full team is:

QB: Luck
RB: Woodhead
RB: Ingram
WR: Sanu
WR: K. Benjamin
TE: Gronk
Flex: E. Manning
K: Gano
DEF: Seahawks
DP: L. Collins

So yeah, I don't know what to do about that trade.

Thoughts on this trade?

My:
Seahawks
J. Starks
A. Luck

For his:
M. Ryan
Bengals
Blount
S. Shepard

I'm thinking this is bad (but this is only my second year playing FF, and following the sport, so I might be wrong). I lost Allen this week, which hurt, but I think I'm still in pretty good shape. My full team is:

QB: Luck
RB: Woodhead
RB: Ingram
WR: Sanu
WR: K. Benjamin
TE: Gronk
Flex: E. Manning
K: Gano
DEF: Seahawks
DP: L. Collins

So yeah, I don't know what to do about that trade.
The second I realized that you're in a superflex league (Eli in your flex) was the second I realized that it's a terrible trade for you... You're taking a downgrade at QB and DEF to upgrade to a NE running back that can at any week put up a goose egg and a WR they will essentially be your bye week fill in. Quarterbacks are super valuable in your league, so if you're gonna downgrade you better make it worth it

nillapuddin

Yeah man Im with coffee cup link, bad trade.

All my waivers went through, hollaaa.

Somehow didnt realize Tyrell Williams was available, so I feel pretty dumb. Woulda done a faith based drop on my dawg John Brown to try and swing that. But someone picked him up anyways. Feeling much better going into week 2 overall.

Hopefully I ruined somebodys Wednesday by scooping up wentz and doyle. Nobody ever trades in my league, but Ill put em on the block.
Now that Barnidge has McCown back its go time, right?
vapNhG3l.png

early uncertainty about cmike vs abdullah

Cappa

Banned
Rate my team after this trade please:

12 Team PPR starting requirements are

QB RB RB

WR WR WR

FLEX FLEX

TE K DEF

I traded

Stefon Diggs

Martellus Bennet

Dion Lewis

For

Jeremy Langford

Rishard Matthews

CJ Spiller

So my team now is:

QBs

Carson Palmer

RBs

Johnathan Stewart

Giovanni Bernard

Jeremy Langford

Jamaal Charles

CJ Spiller

Isiah Pead

WRs

Larry Fitzgerald

Julio Jones

Alshon Jeffery

Tajae Sharpe

Kevin White

Robert Woods

Rishard Matthews

Kenny Stills

TEs

Dwayne Allen

Tyler Eifert

K

Stephen Gostkowski

DEF

Chicago Bears

New York Giants

My personal thoughts on the trade and a little background

I really like Stefon Diggs, I targeted him in almost every league but the emergence(I hope) of Tajae Sharpe and the injury to Sammy Watkins that (I hope) would bring an uptick to Robert Woods value made Diggs expendable, Diggs was a WR4 on my team.

As my RBs show� my biggest need was RB. A little tidbit on RB, I should have Spencer Ware on this team. Due to a draft glitch on draft day, Fleaflicker for some reason would not let me draft Spencer Ware. I tried in the draft chat to stop the draft but no one would listen�.. so yeah my RB situation probably would have been much better had I have had Ware(I was auto drafted Matt Ryan instead yuck).

I don�t think Jeremy Langford is special, but man he doesn�t have any realistic competition and the volume is there.

I think Dwayne Allen looked really good all preseason and Week1 making Martellus Bennet expendable�.. waiting on Tyler Eifert to come back having Dwayne Allen as my other TE makes things ok.

I think it�s an even trade that simply benefits me a ton� wondering what all you guru kids think!!!!

necrosis

I think it�s an even trade that simply benefits me a ton� wondering what all you guru kids think!!!!

it's not a good trade for you, but you have the roster depth to eat it. langford, at least, is a nice addition to your team

cj spiller is no longer on a NFL roster, so you should probably drop him lol

Cappa

Banned
it's not a good trade for you, but you have the roster depth to eat it. langford, at least, is a nice addition to your team

Bad trade for you, especially since Spiller isn't on a team.
I don't understand its a bad trade because of cj Spiller(whom I'm not dropping until I see where he lands)?

It's essentially stefon Diggs for Jeremy Langford.

I gave up Dion Lewis who no one knows if he's going to play this season for cj Spiller.

And Martell us Bennett for Rishard Matthews

You guys can't say it's a bad trade because of Spiller being cut by the Saints lol when Dion Lewis has been sitting on the bench too

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
picked up Matt Ryan and dropped cousins. hes got a good schedule for the next few weeks. hoefully JJ is 100% though.

rolling ravens D vs. browns this weekend.

had 1 spot on my bench, was able to scoop up Cruz for 3$. We'll see how he does. will need to reevaluate my bench after week two...a few players who can go either way C.Coleman, T.Benjamin... hoping someone starts to hit

T.Williams went for 10$, Agholor went for 9. Jelen Richard went for 5.

biggest question for this week: do I play john brown. ersonally it's 100% yes. I am playing against a guy who is rolling Palmer/Fitzgerald though... not sure if that is a good idea. leaving towards T.Benjamin vs. Jax or Cruz vs. NO (shootout city)

necrosis

I don't understand its a bad trade because of cj Spiller(whom I'm not dropping until I see where he lands)?

It's essentially stefon Diggs for Jeremy Langford.

I gave up Dion Lewis who no one knows if he's going to play this season for cj Spiller.

And Martell us Bennett for Rishard Matthews

You guys can't say it's a bad trade because of Spiller being cut by the Saints lol when Dion Lewis has been sitting on the bench too

dion lewis has been "sitting on the bench" because he has been recovering from surgery. prior to going down, he was averaging almost 10 standard points per game iirc. meanwhile, cj spiller has been utterly useless for two consecutive years in spite of being healthy

martellus bennett didn't have the greatest game, but he was also playing with a backup QB and gronk wasn't around to draw the attention of the defense. if what the patriots accomplished with aaron hernandez is any indication, he's going to be set for a decent year. rishard matthews had a decent season last year, but thus far has been outsnapped by a pair of guys in their 30s, in a offense that tends to lean on the run

langford for diggs works out fine for you, as i mentioned, but it's not as though it's the deal of the century

anyways, if you didn't want input on your trade you shouldn't have asked for it

bigkrev

Bad trade for you, especially since Spiller isn't on a team.

dion lewis has been "sitting on the bench" because he has been recovering from surgery. prior to going down, he was averaging almost 10 standard points per game iirc. meanwhile, cj spiller has been utterly useless for two consecutive years in spite of being healthy

martellus bennett didn't have the greatest game, but he was also playing with a backup QB and gronk wasn't around to draw the attention of the defense. if what the patriots accomplished with aaron hernandez is any indication, he's going to be set for a decent year. rishard matthews had a decent season last year, but thus far has been outsnapped by a pair of guys in their 30s, in a offense that tends to lean on the run

langford for diggs works out fine for you, as i mentioned, but it's not as though it's the deal of the century

anyways, if you didn't want input on your trade you shouldn't have asked for it

He's trading a WR he's never going to start for a RB that has actual value as he has a job and no competition. This is an INSANE trade that would get people in my league calling for the Commish to deny it.

The only bad thing you are doing is not dropping CJ Spiller, who has an 8 well run of Fantasy relevance I'm 2013 and has done nothing since while staying healthy

He's trading a WR he's never going to start for a RB that has actual value as he has a job and no competition. This is an INSANE trade that would get people in my league calling for the Commish to deny it.

The only bad thing you are doing is not dropping CJ Spiller, who has an 8 well run of Fantasy relevance I'm 2013 and has done nothing since while staying healthy
Yeah that trade isn't nearly as bad as they're making it seem. You gotta look at the team before and after the trade, and not just the players involved

But yeah, drop Spiller for literally anyone else. Hell I'd take another defense over him at this point

Tom Nook

10 team standard league, non ppr

Streaming QBs until T Brady comes back in week 5.

I'm have M Ryan but Winston, Rivers are available. Who do you like more?

Thanks

picked up Matt Ryan and dropped cousins. hes got a good schedule for the next few weeks. hoefully JJ is 100% though.

As someone who's been watching Falcons football pretty much all of my life, beware when it comes to Matt Ryan on the road. He's usually mediocre to flat out terrible away from the Dome.

fep

All of those guys are the hot items of the week, and sure...one of them could become a top 25 WR by end of year, but knowing right now is impossible. Go with your gut.

I personally think it's too early to give up on Funchess, and like what I saw from Kerley, so i wouldn't drop them for Rogers. But like I said...judging from just one week is useless. Kerley could end up being the WR1 on SF and get 10 targets a game, or end up irrelevant by week 4.

Yeah I'm with you on Funchess, I'd like to see maybe two more games. Same with Kerley, I liked his usage and someone has to see targets in that offense + Chip's high number of plays. Thanks for the advice.

Ended up with a flyer on Tyrell and ... I just have a feeling on Enunwa. He played a high number of snaps and he's a big target. I figured I'd see what happens on Thursday and drop him back to waivers and snag some one else for Sunday. Shoot, I know these are long shots, but I wouldn't mind grabbing Agholor, Burton, or even DGB just to see what happens on Monday if my Sunday prospect doesn't do much.

I am the Howie Roseman of my fantasy league.

phanphare

Banned

Thanks

I think all 3 are good plug and play options. would probably go rivers > winston > ryan. I don't trust matt ryan ever but that's just me.

edit: rankings are for this week only if that wasn't clear

Thanks
Winston is better overall but his schedule is brutal the next few weeks, and Rivers post-Allen has shown to not be very good... You may be stuck with Ryan

mjc

Struggling on setting my WRs...and it's only week two. I have TY Hilton, Donte Moncrief, Doug Baldwin, and Sterling Shepherd. I gotta start Baldwin, but I'm thinking of subbing Sterling in for one of the two Indy guys. (Especially against that Denver D)

Tom Nook

Struggling on setting my WRs...and it's only week two. I have TY Hilton, Donte Moncrief, Doug Baldwin, and Sterling Shepherd. I gotta start Baldwin, but I'm thinking of subbing Sterling in for one of the two Indy guys. (Especially against that Denver D)

Go with Baldwin and Sterling (NY/NO shootout).

necrosis

what people in your league would whine about is of little relevance. fantasy football players are notoriously full of complaints

anyways, it's by no means the worst trade in the world -- langford serves to fill a position of need on his roster and he has a lot of depth at wide receiver. that said, the trade essentially is bennett, lewis, and diggs for matthews and langford

bennett, by most projections, is a TE2 with TE1 upside, lewis is almost certain to have fantasy relevance later in the season, and diggs is a startable WR

conversely, you have langford as a RB2 and matthews as (at this juncture) a WR6 or WR7

i say it's not a good trade because i think he could have gotten more value than he did out of his players. i don't think it's bad, per se

necrosis

For sure, but if you had to pick an Indy WR who would you go with? I feel like TY is too boom or bust still..Moncrief might be safer.

this is tough because i've seen ty do some damage to denver in the recent past & haven't seen moncrief get involved when the colts play them

between the two, i guess i would lean towards moncrief, but i would probably start shepard over either of them

Tom Nook

For sure, but if you had to pick an Indy WR who would you go with? I feel like TY is too boom or bust still..Moncrief might be safer.

I feel it's 50/50 between Moncrief and TY. Heck, it's 33/33/33 with Dorsett in the mix.

I would go with TY. Moncrief already scored a TD,now it's TY's turn.

Tom Nook

I think all 3 are good plug and play options. would probably go rivers > winston > ryan. I don't trust matt ryan ever but that's just me.

edit: rankings are for this week only if that wasn't clear

Winston is better overall but his schedule is brutal the next few weeks, and Rivers post-Allen has shown to not be very good... You may be stuck with Ryan

Thanks for the feedbacks.

I'll go with Rivers this week - the higher rank this week. I'll go with Ryan next week for the ATL/NO shootout.

Bolivar687

Banned
Need wide receivers advice - I lost Keenan Allen and picked up Eli Rogers. My others are Jeremy Maclin, Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson and Sterling Shepard. Maclin is the only one I'm sure about starting, I'm not confident at all about the quarterback situations in Chicago and Washington. Looking at the way the Steelers were playing, I legitimately think Rogers will have a solid year, especially as teams put their star corners on Antonio Brown (don't know why Washington didn't line up Norman against him). I also think Sunday is going to be another classic Manning/Brees shootout but does anyone know whether New Orleans fixed their defense from last year?

Right now I'm considering starting Maclin, Rogers, and Shepard but I'm open to suggestions. Victor Cruz is also available but I'm worried it might be too soon to drop Jeffery or Jackson for him.

Need wide receivers advice - I lost Keenan Allen and picked up Eli Rogers. My others are Jeremy Maclin, Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson and Sterling Shepard. Maclin is the only one I'm sure about starting, I'm not confident at all about the quarterback situations in Chicago and Washington. Looking at the way the Steelers were playing, I legitimately think Rogers will have a solid year, especially as teams put their star corners on Antonio Brown (don't know why Washington didn't line up Norman against him). I also think Sunday is going to be another classic Manning/Brees shootout but does anyone know whether New Orleans fixed their defense from last year?

Right now I'm considering starting Maclin, Rogers, and Shepard but I'm open to suggestions. Victor Cruz is also available but I'm worried it might be too soon to drop Jeffery or Jackson for him.
Jeffrey is a legit WR1, so what are you talking about... Stop getting cute and just start him. Plus isn't Wheaton coming back next week as well? Bench Eli and start Jeffery

Edit: dude had a 100 yard game last week....

Top Bottom