• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

I traded away:
T. Brady
L. Bell (the suspended crew!)

I received:
D. Brees
D. Freeman
J. Reed

I'm not sold on Freeman this year and I'm an ATL fan. Bell is still going to be a top 5 RB (I think) but if you have the RBs to eat the loss of production then I think the trade is pretty even. Some times peace of mind at the TE position is more valuable imo lol.

Freeman can still pick it up tho. I see ATL being down most of the time so he's going to be on the field majority of the time during those situations. Not a bad trade imo. You have his handcuff anyway.

phanphare

Banned
sammy watkins is officially active tonight

maxresdefault.jpg

Jims

Thanks for the feedback.

ehh...I like the Bell side better. Freeman basically splitting carries scares me. Jordan Reed is good sure, but I don't see him making up for the downgrade at RB.

Yeah... In general, I don't really like 2-for-1 or 3-to-2 trades where you trade away the best player. I think some of it was that rostering both Brady and Bell was getting really awkward for my bench, and not even having a decent TE made going 0-3 or 0-4 out the gate a real possibility. I think the trade might hurt me long term, though.

I'm not sold on Freeman this year and I'm an ATL fan. Bell is still going to be a top 5 RB (I think) but if you have the RBs to eat the loss of production then I think the trade is pretty even. Some times peace of mind at the TE position is more valuable imo lol.

Freeman can still pick it up tho. I see ATL being down most of the time so he's going to be on the field majority of the time during those situations. Not a bad trade imo. You have his handcuff anyway.

Yeah, I have a couple of RB2-types on my roster, so I'm hoping that rotating 3 guys in the #10-20 range (depending on matchup) will be at least comparable to a RB1/RB2. Hoping this is a buy-low on Freeman, but it could be workable if it's not.

I feel like RB is kind of a dumb and nebulous position sometimes.

phanphare

Banned
I don't mind that trade actually but I'm high on jordan reed now that edit: I'm dumb. brees/brady is a wash but you can actually start one now. obviously bell to freeman is the downgrade but if you're savvy all season you should be able to make it work. the TE position can be more of a crap shoot unless you've got one of the top guys, which you now do, so I tend to value that a lot.

I don't mind that trade actually but I'm high on jordan reed now that mccown is back. brees/brady is a wash but you can actually start one now. obviously bell to freeman is the downgrade but if you're savvy all season you should be able to make it work. the TE position can be more of a crap shoot unless you've got one of the top guys, which you now do, so I tend to value that a lot.

I'm high on jordan reed now that mccown is back
Que?

And yeah, I don't think it's a bad trade. It's nice to not have to worry about another position and focus your bench on one weakness and not 3

TransTrender

Gold Member
PPR league 12 teams with 2 QBs:

My QB1 is Eli Manning and he's a lock.
QB2 is either Andrew Luck @ DEN or Carson Wentz @ CHI

Right now I have Carson Wentz in the game because I'm super scared that Luck will have a terrible game and I have a bunch of tough matchups in all my other slots so I'm desperate for points this week.

QB2: Luck or Wentz?

Milabrega

Roll with Watkins (just declared playing) tonight vs jets, Decker tonight with Bills or Theo Riddick in ppr? Killdozer, I would start Luck personally, even with the bad match up.

toneroni

Roll with Watkins (just declared playing) tonight vs jets, Decker tonight with Bills or Theo Riddick in ppr? Killdozer, I would start Luck personally, even with the bad match up.
Riddick or Decker.. No Watkins until he proves it...

PPR for me, should I start McCoy in a tough matchup or TJ Yeldon in a juicy one? Leaning towards McCoy and maybe flexing Yeldon

Riddick or Decker.. No Watkins until he proves it...

PPR for me, should I start McCoy in a tough matchup or TJ Yeldon in a juicy one? Leaning towards McCoy and maybe flexing Yeldon

Start McCoy. He still had great stats last year against the Jets and he's their entire offense. Even if he gets stuffed at the line for rushing, he still has the passing game.

I guess I would say I wouldn't start Yeldon over McCoy. They're both good options.

fep

Ugh, gut told me to bet against Shady tonight, but I couldn't do it. Looks like I'm keeping Enunwa on my roster though.

fep

Christine Michael, Enunwa, Kerley, Tyrell.

PPR, must drop one, who do you let go with TNF in the books?

I'm with ya, Shady owners, I started him against Forte and Decker in a PPR.

ACE 1991

I pray at the altar of Decker

I have Marshall and Jets D against Watkins and McCoy right now. This is the worst position to be in lol.

I'm so glad I started decker over Watkins.

I think my fantasy is fucked though, used my first and second round picks on Gurley and Watkins. Hopefully the Rams offense can find some kind of rhythm so Gurley at least becomes serviceable, but they looked like a bottom 5 team on Monday.

toneroni

Christine Michael, Enunwa, Kerley, Tyrell.

PPR, must drop one, who do you let go with TNF in the books?

I'm with ya, Shady owners, I started him against Forte and Decker in a PPR.
Lol I started Jets D and Shady.

I think I'd drop Cmike if I had RB depth, otherwise I don't trust Kerley/49ers much.

fep

Lol I started Jets D and Shady.

I think I'd drop Cmike if I had RB depth, otherwise I don't trust Kerley/49ers much.

I have Shady, Mathews, Ware, and Williams, but that quickly goes to shit week 4, ha ha. Hmm cmike or Kerley is where I was leaning too. Thanks.

nillapuddin

Everyone is welcome since I dropped Tyrod he did that, I should have known. Should I try and get him back?

Also, I feel like my whole team is receivers, but Enunwa seems legit. Dont seem to be able to lose anyone though, thoughts?

UbNC4cel.png

necrosis

Started Shady and I'm not too upset about his performance. Almost 100 total yards; if he had scored a touchdown I would be pretty happy with his point total.

Sucks for those who started Watkins/Bills D/Jets D tho

Started Shady and I'm not too upset about his performance. Almost 100 total yards; if he had scored a touchdown I would be pretty happy with his point total.

Sucks for those who started Watkins/Bills D/Jets D tho
Yeah, I was upset with his performance at first, but then I realized that he met his projection and at least didn't put up the goose egg I was initially expecting. Just upset that that 18 yard TD at the end wasn't his though. That would've been amazing

wbsmcs

Everyone is welcome since I dropped Tyrod he did that, I should have known. Should I try and get him back?

Also, I feel like my whole team is receivers, but Enunwa seems legit. Dont seem to be able to lose anyone though, thoughts?

Tyrod had a good game but I don't think that will be the norm for him. He had two passes (84yd to Goodwin and 71yd to Salas) that made up >50% of his passing yards. On top of that he only rushed it two times, and rushing yards is where most of his value lies. I think this game showed that the Jets defense is a good defense to stream against more so than Tyrod being a top 10 fantasy QB.

Alex Smith gets the Jets next week. I could imagine some long passes to Maclin, over the middle passes to Kelce, and dump offs to Charles/Ware getting Smith close to 300yds with a couple TDs.

If you want Enunwa you could drop Doyle. I doubt anybody will be rushing to grab Doyle, who I don't think has much upside.

duxstar

How good is Denvers Defense at stopping the pass.

i have T.Y. hilton as my #2 wr vs Denver or i have Tajae Sharp on the bench going against Detroit.

obviously Denvers defense is 1000 times better than the Lions but in my mind its mostly the front 7.

anyone have any thoughts ?

duxstar

UbNC4cel.png

Your wide receivers are better than Enunwa already and dropping any of them for a #3 Jets wideout seems crazy.

Tajae, Diggs, and Fuller all have huge potential this year to turn into studs and John Brown is legit.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
my Shady Mccoy ( and benched tyrod) went against Forte and Decker last night. i think i can already consider my week lost :(

11- 52, and i dont exect anyone to go off on my team other than maybe AB again...oh well. He still has Palmer and Fitz, Julio Jones, jStew, Rawls, Gostkowski, and denver D...

dont think I pull out a W without serious luck....

anyways, pick a WR and Flex out of these guys please...

Travis Benjamin
Corey Coleman
Victor Cruz
John Brown
Gio Bernard
DeMarco Murray

wbsmcs

How good is Denvers Defense at stopping the pass.

i have T.Y. hilton as my #2 wr vs Denver or i have Tajae Sharp on the bench going against Detroit.

obviously Denvers defense is 1000 times better than the Lions but in my mind its mostly the front 7.

anyone have any thoughts ?

Last year Andrew Luck threw for 250yds and 2TDs against the Broncos. Hilton had 85yds.

Last week Kelvin Bejamin has a very good stat line even though Cam couldn't hit 200yards passing.

People get too cute benching their studs I feel. I would stick with Hilton.

my Shady Mccoy ( and benched tyrod) went against Forte and Decker last night. i think i can already consider my week lost :(

11- 52, and i dont exect anyone to go off on my team other than maybe AB again...oh well. He still has Palmer and Fitz, Julio Jones, jStew, Rawls, Gostkowski, and denver D...

Travis Benjamin
Corey Coleman
Victor Cruz
John Brown
Gio Bernard
DeMarco Murray

If you need upside plays because you're going into Sunday in a deep hole I would go with Benjamin and Cruz...possibly Demarco Murray.

Tom Nook

Travis Benjamin
Corey Coleman
Victor Cruz
John Brown
Gio Bernard
DeMarco Murray

Yikes!

@ the bold ones, Double Yikes!

If you projected to lose, go all out with the sleeper boom picks.

Cruz (NY/NO shootout)
Flip a coin between TB and CC.

VoxPop

Looking good. Had Decker in one league and went against McCoy + Bills DST in another. Currently 2-1 in my 3 leagues. My team isn't exactly awe inspiring but hoping to make some valuable waiver plays throughout the season. Hopefully Eddie Lacy isn't a pile of shit this week.

Forgot to check my lineup before kickoff last night. Luckily starting Forte, Decker and B. Marsh worked out alright for me. Now to do something about the troubling amount of Jets in my starting lineup.

Forgot to check my lineup before kickoff last night. Luckily starting Forte, Decker and B. Marsh worked out alright for me. Now to do something about the troubling amount of Jets in my starting lineup.

Decker's as consistent as it gets, he's their TD guy

Forte I dunno
Marshall could get hurt but you gotta ride with him

Am I crazy thinking about trading for Sammy watkins?

Like, I have c. Michael, and the guy who has watkins has rawls.

Do you think he'd make a straight swap Michael for watkins?

Is that a reasonable trade?

wbsmcs

If you could get Watkins for Michael I would do it in a heartbeat. Once Rawls is 100% I don't see Michael having much value, and if Watkins returns to 80-100% it could be a league winning move.

As for it being reasonable? That depends on what his owner thinks. Some people are ready to literally drop Watkins, some are more patient and willing to hold.

Jarnet87

I'm not jumping off the Watkins train in a panic. Bills defense has looked terrible and may remain terrible which means they will need to put up numbers on offense. I Imagine the new offensive coordinator will look to get their best weapon the ball. As bad as he has performed there is hope. Injury has not limited his snap count and it should get better as the season goes.

Not at all. Watkins has been trade bait almost every season because he's so damn inconsistent with his production. Now that Rawls is the clear cut starter in Seattle, I wouldn't make that trade for a RB that might not get but 10 carries a game.

Top Bottom