• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

necrosis

Need wide receivers advice - I lost Keenan Allen and picked up Eli Rogers. My others are Jeremy Maclin, Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson and Sterling Shepard. Maclin is the only one I'm sure about starting, I'm not confident at all about the quarterback situations in Chicago and Washington. Looking at the way the Steelers were playing, I legitimately think Rogers will have a solid year, especially as teams put their star corners on Antonio Brown (don't know why Washington didn't line up Norman against him). I also think Sunday is going to be another classic Manning/Brees shootout but does anyone know whether New Orleans fixed their defense from last year?

Right now I'm considering starting Maclin, Rogers, and Shepard but I'm open to suggestions. Victor Cruz is also available but I'm worried it might be too soon to drop Jeffery or Jackson for him.

do not even consider this lmao

After a cold start I have some decisions to make in 2 leagues.

Standard
Trying to fill my last WR spot and the flex with Cooks, Amari Cooper, and Spencer Ware. ATM I have Cooper as the odd man out but I don't feel good about it. Something gives me the feeling Cooks isn't going to do near the same as last week and that I should swap the two. Ware is locked in unless his injury is bad or Charles comes back (which is unlikely).

PPR
Need an RB, WR, and 2 flex spots out of the following: Lacy, TY Hilton, Kelvin Benjamin, Blount, Ameer Abdullah, and Willie Snead. Also have Gore and Christine Michael but the bench looks good for both of them.
Right now I'm leaning towards Lacy (RB), Hilton (WR) and Benji & Blount (flex). I don't like the DET timeshare (even though it looked ok last week) and Snead seems like boom or bust. Then again, Hilton looks bad against DEN so I'm considering sliding Snead in at WR...

Go with what I've got? I tinker too damn much!

MikeRahl

Offered a quick trade on Yahoo Standard.

My backs are

L Murray
Deangelo Williams
Doug Martin
Jonathon Stewart
Spencer Ware (just picked up off the wire)

WRs are:

J Jones
Cooks
Fitzgerald
Michael Floyd
Jones Jr
Desean Jackson

Pretty happy overall, but no real high end talent outside of Jones.

Offered

Murray and Jones Jr for Josh Gordon and Jamaal Charles.

Plan would be to ride Williams until Bell finishes his suspension and play matchup between Martin and Ware. Stewart is depth.

When Williams suspension is over, hopefully Charles is back up and he can take over.

Gordon would be depth and hopefully he catches fire.

Thoughts?

Offered a quick trade on Yahoo Standard.

Offered

Murray and Jones Jr for Josh Gordon and Jamaal Charles.

Plan would be to ride Williams until Bell finishes his suspension and play matchup between Martin and Ware. Stewart is depth.

When Williams suspension is over, hopefully Charles is back up and he can take over.

Gordon would be depth and hopefully he catches fire.

Thoughts?

I don't see how the other person accepts this. You're not giving them any real upside.

My question for you guys. Someone just dropped Eifert in my league.

Don't really want to drop any of my players, my options for dropping would be (Stafford, Tyrell Williams, and Jets D -I drafted Vikings but matchup is scary this week-). I'm rolling with J.Thomas right now but Eifert is a redzone target magnet...Already utilizing my Reserve spot w/ Josh Gordon too.

wbsmcs

I don't see how the other person accepts this. You're not giving them any real upside.

Don't really want to drop any of my players, my options for dropping would be (Stafford, Tyrell Williams, and Jets D -I drafted Vikings but matchup is scary this week-). I'm rolling with J.Thomas right now but Eifert is a redzone target magnet...Already utilizing my Reserve spot w/ Josh Gordon too.

Drop Vikings D. I highly doubt when the playoffs come around you'll be saying "damn I really wish I kept Vikings D". You should be streaming your Ds as much as possible anyways. Eifert could be a piece that helps your team to a championship if last year wasn't a fluke and he could get a TD every game.

bigkrev

If you aren't in a super deep (20+ team) league, you shouldn't be carrying 2 defenses.

Drop Vikings D. I highly doubt when the playoffs come around you'll be saying "damn I really wish I kept Vikings D". You should be streaming your Ds as much as possible anyways. Eifert could be a piece that helps your team to a championship if last year wasn't a fluke and he could get a TD every game.

If you aren't in a super deep (20+ team) league, you shouldn't be carrying 2 defenses.

Yeah I don't have a problem with streaming D. I guess week 1 has me a bit reluctant to drop them haha. I'm way too attached to my players in FF.

toneroni

Made some drastic changes since I was smoked in my 2qb league PPR league and just lost Keenan Allen also.

Qb:Rodgers
Qb:Taylor
Wr: A. Brown
Wr: Jones Jr
Wr:
RB: Ingram
RB: woodhead
TE: Olsen
Flex:
Flex:
K: Crosby
Def: Jets

Bench:
Dak (traded Alex Smith before the season)
J. White
Dion Lewis (drafted before injury)
Rawls (drafted before the preseason)
Hogan
Vjax
Kerley
Beasley
T.Williams

Help me pick a 3rd WR and 2 flex since I lost Allen and just dropped Kamar Aiken and Torrey Smith. Traded away a package of players for Ingram so I'm super lean and had to do waiver work lol. Agholor and Enunwa are on wire also)

Should I also drop a player for McCown? 2QB league is tough with Tyrod struggling and no decent QBs left on the wire (romo, simean, case, goff, hill). I was hoping to pick up romo in a few weeks.

Thanks y'all

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Made some drastic changes since I was smoked in my 2qb league PPR league and just lost Keenan Allen also.

Qb:Rodgers
Qb:Taylor
Wr: A. Brown
Wr: Jones Jr
Wr:
RB: Ingram
RB: woodhead
TE: Olsen
Flex:
Flex:
K: Crosby
Def: Jets

Bench:
Dak (traded Alex Smith before the season)
J. White
Dion Lewis (drafted before injury)
Rawls (drafted before the preseason)
Hogan
Vjax
Kerley
Beasley
T.Williams

Help me pick a 3rd WR and 2 flex since I lost Allen and just dropped Kamar Aiken and Torrey Smith. Traded away a package of players for Ingram so I'm super lean and had to do waiver work lol. Agholor and Enunwa are on wire also)

Should I also drop a player for McCown? 2QB league is tough with Tyrod struggling and no decent QBs left on the wire (romo, simean, case, goff, hill). I was hoping to pick up romo in a few weeks.

Thanks y'all

I'd def pick up agholor asap. if you have room on bench could pick u enunwa, though it may take another couple weeks for his role/expected weekly pts to settle into something reliable. I can't comment on QB much since I don't have much 2QB experience, i'd stick with tyrod though.

I'd play Rawls, Agholor, maybe beasley... hes daks safety net still it seems

Tom Nook

10 team standard league non ppr.

WR corps: J Nelson, M Jones, S Diggs, J Landry, T Sharpe, V Cruz.

RB corps: Gore, Steward, Zeke, and Ameer

I think I acquired too much WRs and needed more RB dept.

I bold the ones I'm keeping. How do you feeling about the others ROS? Diggs and Landry? For Cruz, I'm just using him for the NY/NO shootout this week.

Thanks.

wbsmcs

10 team standard league non ppr.

WR corps: J Nelson, M Jones, S Diggs, J Landry, T Sharpe, V Cruz.

RB corps: Gore, Steward, Zeke, and Ameer

I think I acquired too much WRs and needed more RB dept.

I bold the ones I'm keeping. How do you feeling about the others ROS? Diggs and Landry? For Cruz, I'm just using him for the NY/NO shootout this week.

Thanks.

If you want to deal Diggs or Landry maybe wait a couple more weeks until they obtain more value. Landry's last game isn't making anyone too keen to acquire him.

NateDrake

nah. unless you've got arian foster and even then I probably wouldn't do it.

My RB situation is decent, but not too great. Have McCoy, Woodhead, and Crowell.

Thinking about picking up Nelson Agholor but not sure who I'd drop from my team to get him.

J3UU0br.png

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I was thinking Benjamin was the guy

this is what im thinking... granted i have him so im optimistic.. but he saw 8 targets last week, no way that's going down much if any. prob see a big uptick for woodhead and Gates. williams might see 4-6 targets imo.

My RB situation is decent, but not too great. Have McCoy, Woodhead, and Crowell.

Thinking about picking up Nelson Agholor but not sure who I'd drop from my team to get him.

you could prob drop Brock O....you dont need a 2nd QB other than bye week, which you can worry about that week or a week before. you also don't need to have 3 TE imo. not sure what your RB pool looks like, but if it's 10 team, you could prob find someone that has a good uside for the season. possibly jalen richard. not many RBs really broke out/got injured last week. may need another week or two to find a suitable RB.

Would you trade Woodhead for Tyler Eifert as a backup TE to use once he's back from injury if you had a glutton of RBs on your roster?

personally I would not

toneroni

14 Team PPR League:
Have to start one of: McCoy, Yeldon
And Flex 2 of: Snead, Sharpe, M. Jones Jr
(starting Obj/Cooper)
Due to matchups (and Buffalo being terrible), I'm almost considering benching McCoy and M. Jones Jr but its a toughie. Any ideas?

Would you trade Woodhead for Tyler Eifert as a backup TE to use once he's back from injury if you had a glutton of RBs on your roster?

if its PPR, I wouldn't do it. Even standard league, I don't think I would. Anyone else you can trade for?

I'd def pick up agholor asap. if you have room on bench could pick u enunwa, though it may take another couple weeks for his role/expected weekly pts to settle into something reliable. I can't comment on QB much since I don't have much 2QB experience, i'd stick with tyrod though.

I'd play Rawls, Agholor, maybe beasley... hes daks safety net still it seems
Thanks, not sure who to drop for Agholor though.
Would have to be Vjax/Hogan/Kerley or Dion Lewis.

Ugh, I figured one of Vjax, Aiken, T.Smith were gonna hit for a flexworthy player. Seems like I'm going 0/3.
Now i'm hoping for Hogan, Kerley, T.Will, Beasley lol.

You can probably drop Jimmy Graham, maybe Brock also depending on who's out there.

Mr Croft

The real question right now is if devonta Freeman has lost his value. Do I let him ride out one more week against Oakland or start looking to trade? (considering he starts this week if injury doesn't hold him back)

Shizza

how do we feel about t. williams against jax this weekend? pretty juicy match up and he showed flashes.

In terms of starting him this week, I'm not 100% confident, but he is the only currently active WR on SD worth anything. Aside from him, Antonio Gates (and maybe Danny Woodhead) will be his only competition for receptions.

Still, I picked him up in both my leagues while I take a closer look at him this week of being the main guy.

ACE 1991

Standard 12 man league

Moncrief or Watkins at WR2, granted Watkins is named a starter? I'm not sure if I'm more concerned about Moncrief against the current best defense in the league, or Watkins production playing through an injuiry. Watkins sucked last week.

At QB: Andy Dalton or Philip Rivers?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Standard 12 man league

Moncrief or Watkins at WR2, granted Watkins is named a starter? I'm not sure if I'm more concerned about Moncrief against the current best defense in the league, or Watkins production playing through an injuiry. Watkins sucked last week.

I'd go rivers. Dalton visting the steelers doesn't sit well with me

The real question right now is if devonta Freeman has lost his value. Do I let him ride out one more week against Oakland or start looking to trade? (considering he starts this week if injury doesn't hold him back)

I would honestly look to trade Freeman at this point. He's going to be in a timeshare with Coleman, and the only reason he exploded last year was due to an easy schedule and Coleman being out with a bum ankle for most of the season.

if its PPR, I wouldn't do it. Even standard league, I don't think I would. Anyone else you can trade for?

Nah. I'm just going to leave it alone. I'll pick up a TE on my starter's bye week, and just keep my glutton of backs.

Shady, Ryan Mathews, Spencer Ware.

PPR, pick 2.

Depending on if Charles is back this week or not, I'd go with Ware. I don't trust Thursday Night games, but McCoy rushed for 100+ yards against the Jets in 2015. I'd say Ware and Shady.

wbsmcs

Standard 12 man league

I go Moncrief as we don't know how much Watkins will play. At the end of the day, bad matchup of not, Luck is going to throw for at least 200yds. Even if he only manages 200, you have to assume Moncrief will get at least 50. I like that floor better than a 0 from Watkins.

At QB in going Dalton. Rivers has been pretty bad with Keenan Allen out of the lineup. I would say he's almost borderline droppable.

ACE 1991

I'd go rivers. Dalton visting the steelers doesn't sit well with me

Isn't the Steelers secondary pretty below average? I don't know much about the Jaguars's D.

EDIT: Thanks for the response to the above response, hadn't considered the Keenan Allen aspect. I should probably go Moncrief, he's gotta be good for at least 8 pts.

In other fantasy-related news, I feel like the biggest fuckin' idiot for taking Gurley #2 overall. Fuck the Rams.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Isn't the Steelers secondary pretty below average? I don't know much about the Jaguars's D.

True, while not amazing, I don't trust dalton enough on the road right now with a depleted WR corps. might be a diff story at home though

(lafell and boyd = depleted to me)

i dont know the situation but sounds similar t mine as i'm streaming QBs this week unfortunately...I'm going with Flacco (yourealreadydead.jpg) - browns matchup is just too tempting

but who are we kidding... we're splitting hairs between QB2s

natjjohn

Lost Keenan.

On FAs missed out on Tevin and Tajae.

Consolations were Tyrell Williams and Jamison Crowder. Not excited about either. Dropped Martellus for Jamison.

Not playing either this week. Rolling with Sterling Shephard. Hope one of them busts out. I liked Jamison's target count on week 1.

NateDrake

this is what im thinking... granted i have him so im optimistic.. but he saw 8 targets last week, no way that's going down much if any. prob see a big uptick for woodhead and Gates. williams might see 4-6 targets imo.

you could prob drop Brock O....you dont need a 2nd QB other than bye week, which you can worry about that week or a week before. you also don't need to have 3 TE imo. not sure what your RB pool looks like, but if it's 10 team, you could prob find someone that has a good uside for the season. possibly jalen richard. not many RBs really broke out/got injured last week. may need another week or two to find a suitable RB.

personally I would not
12 team league. RB and WR/TE pickings aren't great right now.

woodchuck

Everything I've read about Tyrell Williams has me excited. Apparently the dude is athletic as fuck. He's supposedly improved his route running since last year too. This could be his big break.

Need some WR advice. More flex but the position in question is receiver.

I am rolling with AJ and Fitz as my receivers with TY in at flex.

I am thinking of substituting TY for Travis Benjamin. On paper, Benjamin could be fire this year with Keenan done but Indy has so many weapons in the passing game; it is nearly impossible to contain all of them at the same time.

I feel like it's a coin flip. My gut says Benjamin but I really want to wait a bit to see how that offense fleshed out with Keenan.

Need some WR advice. More flex but the position in question is receiver.

I am rolling with AJ and Fitz as my receivers with TY in at flex.

I am thinking of substituting TY for Travis Benjamin. On paper, Benjamin could be fire this year with Keenan done but Indy has so many weapons in the passing game; it is nearly impossible to contain all of them at the same time.

I feel like it's a coin flip. My gut says Benjamin but I really want to wait a bit to see how that offense fleshed out with Keenan.
When in doubt, start your stud. No one knows how the Chargers WR situation will pan out anyways, so give it a week to see how it pans out

12 team league. RB and WR/TE pickings aren't great right now.

No one needs 3 TEs in a 12-teamer. What's Walford gonna give you over a Jacob Tamme or Dennis Pitta on a consistent basis? Stop hoarding them and use that roster flexibility instead. I mean, you're want to pickup Agholor, right?

I'm in a 12 man ppr league.

My RBs are Lesean McCoy, Giovani Bernard, Duke Johnson, and Dion Lewis.

Should I drop Dion Lewis now and pick up Travaris Cadet or a some other RB handcuff or just weather the storm and hope Lewis helps me out when he gets back in week 7 or 8 or whenever?

wbsmcs

I'm in a 12 man ppr league.

My RBs are Lesean McCoy, Giovani Bernard, Duke Johnson, and Dion Lewis.

Should I drop Dion Lewis now and pick up Travaris Cadet or a some other RB handcuff or just weather the storm and hope Lewis helps me out when he gets back in week 7 or 8 or whenever?

ehhhh...yea I would. Lewis could be out until week 10 for all we know and it's not like those are the greatest backs either...

gutshot

What do you guys think of this deal for me? (non-PPR, 12 team league)

Mark Ingram and Jeremy Maclin for DeAndre Hopkins

My roster currently looks like this:

QB: Russell Wilson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Dez Bryant, Demaryious Thomas, Kevin White, Torrey Smith
RB: Ryan Mathews, Danny Woodhead, LeGarrette Blount, Matt Jones, Charles Sims
TE: Delanei Walker

I'm also about to pick up Arian Foster off of waivers. I definitely could use a steady RB1, but Hopkins was my 1st pick and, right now, the only WR I have who I have full confidence in.

wbsmcs

I'm also about to pick up Arian Foster off of waivers. I definitely could use a steady RB1, but Hopkins was my 1st pick and, right now, the only WR I have who I have full confidence in.

I like it. I'm very high on Maclin, and Fuller getting so many targets scares me a little with respect to Hopkins. Ingram could be a legit RB1 too. Foster on waivers though....?

Ron Mexico

I like that deal a lot more from your end than the other team. I don't see Ingram as more than a borderline RB1 but am comfortable with him as a RB2 and to me, there's not a huge dropoff from Hopkins to Maclin. So a RB1.5 and a WR1.5 for a WR1? I'd do it.

I forgot how fucking unreliable ESPN FF was last year and now I'm constantly getting network errors in the app and web. Are they serious? Spend some fucking money on your infrastructure you fucking pricks. I need to bench Ryan Mathews stat.

Jims

Ever have one of those trade offers that end up getting completely flipped around by the end of negotiations? I was trying to deal Tevin Coleman to the Devonta Freeman owner, and the deal got completely flipped around. He is a big Pittsburgh fan and really wanted Le'Veon Bell.

I traded away:
T. Brady
L. Bell (the suspended crew!)

I received:
D. Brees
D. Freeman
J. Reed

What do you guys think? I don't really like the risk associated with Freeman this year, but having Tevin Coleman helps alleviate that for me. I didn't really have a TE at all, and QB was a very dicey situation until Brady cames back. I feel like Brees for Brady is (mostly) a wash, and it was basically just cutting Bell into two players. The trade really depends on the Atlanta backfield being usable this year.

wbsmcs

Ever have one of those trade offers that end up getting completely flipped around by the end of negotiations? I was trying to deal Tevin Coleman to the Devonta Freeman owner, and the deal got completely flipped around. He is a big Pittsburgh fan and really wanted Le'Veon Bell.

I traded away:
T. Brady
L. Bell (the suspended crew!)

I received:
D. Brees
D. Freeman
J. Reed

What do you guys think? I don't really like the risk associated with Freeman this year, but having Tevin Coleman helps alleviate that for me. I didn't really have a TE at all, and QB was a very dicey situation until Brady cames back. I feel like Brees for Brady is (mostly) a wash, and it was basically just cutting Bell into two players. The trade really depends on the Atlanta backfield being usable this year.

ehh...I like the Bell side better. Freeman basically splitting carries scares me. Jordan Reed is good sure, but I don't see him making up for the downgrade at RB.

Top Bottom