• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Jarlaxle

OK guys. I need some advice.

I need help picking who to start at WR2 and Flex. Here are my options this week:

Jeremy Maclin
John Brown
Sterling Shepard
Devante Parker
Theo Riddick
Matt Jones
Antonio Gates

I'm leaning toward Maclin as WR2 and Theo Riddick in flex but also considering Shepard there since it will probably be a shootout with NO. What do you guys think?

Got offered Dez Bryant for my Larry Fitzgerald. PPR.

Thoughts?

Agreed. Dak had his first real NFL game and he struggled due to nerves. So did Elliot. Those game 1 jitters are now behind them. Dallas has one of the best O-lines in the NFL and Dak will be able to sit back there and choose his targets. Dez is no joke. I have him on my team - he's going to be in my starting lineup every week he's in Dallas' lineup.

Question for you guys - what are your thoughts on Coby Fleener? I'm worried a bit about him given he's supposedly having trouble with the playbook. He also got 0 love from Brees who was throwing to everyone last week. I'm giving him another shot this week, but my options going forward are limited if he stinks against the Giants. Maybe I can trade for another TE, but that would be really my only option in replacing him. I have Ertz on my bench, but he's not much better.

wbsmcs

OK guys. I need some advice.

I need help picking who to start at WR2 and Flex. Here are my options this week:

Jeremy Maclin
John Brown
Sterling Shepard
Devante Parker
Theo Riddick
Matt Jones
Antonio Gates

I'm leaning toward Maclin as WR2 and Theo Riddick in flex but also considering Shepard there since it will probably be a shootout with NO. What do you guys think?

Maclin is the WR2.

As for flex? Ppr league I'm going Riddick. Standard I'm going Sheppard. I don't think Riddick is going to get enough opportunities to be useful in a standard league.

Agreed. Dak had his first real NFL game and he struggled due to nerves. So did Elliot. Those game 1 jitters are now behind them. Dallas has one of the best O-lines in the NFL and Dak will be able to sit back there and choose his targets. Dez is no joke. I have him on my team - he's going to be in my starting lineup every week he's in Dallas' lineup.

Question for you guys - what are your thoughts on Coby Fleener? I'm worried a bit about him given he's supposedly having trouble with the playbook. He also got 0 love from Brees who was throwing to everyone last week. I'm giving him another shot this week, but my options going forward are limited if he stinks against the Giants. Maybe I can trade for another TE, but that would be really my only option in replacing him. I have Ertz on my bench, but he's not much better.

Fleener has not been looking good. I would hold a little longer. Another 1-2 target game this week and I would look to drop. See f guys like Vance McDonald or Virgil Green are available. They could be decent placeholders.

Ptaaty

Currently starting (for WR/Flex slots):
Julio
Evans
Marvin Jones
Melvin Gordon

Considering swapping in one of:
Sanu
Abdullah
Sharpe

I think Gordon is the best standalone play...but I have Julio as a WR and Oakland seems weak against WR. I double up on Sanu/Jones might ensure points.

wbsmcs

Currently starting (for WR/Flex slots):
Julio
Evans
Marvin Jones
Melvin Gordon

Considering swapping in one of:
Sanu
Abdullah
Sharpe

I think Gordon is the best standalone play...but I have Julio as a WR and Oakland seems weak against WR. I double up on Sanu/Jones might ensure points.

I would go Abdullah over Gordon. I don't like how Woodhead was used a lot more once Keenan Allen went down. Last year the same thing happened. Abdullah looked impressive last week too. Lions should be winning this week, which allows for a running the ball game script.

SummitAve

Banned
I'm playing Sharpe with confidence this week. He looked like a stud. He's gonna have a ton of work with Ten playing catchup to pass heavy Det.

Ptaaty

I would go Abdullah over Gordon. I don't like how Woodhead was used a lot more once Keenan Allen went down. Last year the same thing happened. Abdullah looked impressive last week too. Lions should be winning this week, which allows for a running the ball game script.

Good point on usage with Allen in vs out. Bit nervous on Abdullah because Titans shut down Peterson completely last week...but the box was stacked due to offense.

I was thinking Sharpe maybe - but Lions have one good lockdown corner (Slay) who will likely shadow him.

After this discussion now I am between Sanu and Abdullah.

How good is Denvers Defense at stopping the pass.

i have T.Y. hilton as my #2 wr vs Denver or i have Tajae Sharp on the bench going against Detroit.

obviously Denvers defense is 1000 times better than the Lions but in my mind its mostly the front 7.

anyone have any thoughts ?

Their cornerbacks are pretty stacked with Talib and Harris JR.

Pkaz01

I have Andrew Luck and Kirk Cousins on my team. Cousins is projected to score more but i trust Luck since he is better. Should I go with the Cousins bounceback with Luck matched up against the Broncos D?

wbsmcs

I have Andrew Luck and Kirk Cousins on my team. Cousins is projected to score more but i trust Luck since he is better. Should I go with the Cousins bounceback with Luck matched up against the Broncos D?

Stick with Luck. Cousins didn't do much against a mediocre Steelers secondary. Luck showed you what he's capable of. Yes it's Broncos D, but he had a pretty good game against them last year.

Jarlaxle

Maclin is the WR2.

As for flex? Ppr league I'm going Riddick. Standard I'm going Sheppard. I don't think Riddick is going to get enough opportunities to be useful in a standard league.

It's a standard league. Riddick scored 22 points last week in the standard league and looks to have continual chance as a receiver as well. I might go Shepard this week though. Thanks for the advice.

Ron Mexico

I think Cousins could outscore Luck. It would come down to the rest of my team though. Luck if I want to grind it out and get my big play somewhere else or Cousins if I'm in a situation where I need to take a flyer on a boom-or-bust

Pkaz01

Stick with Luck. Cousins didn't do much against a mediocre Steelers secondary. Luck showed you what he's capable of. Yes it's Broncos D, but he had a pretty good game against them last year.

I think Cousins could outscore Luck. It would come down to the rest of my team though. Luck if I want to grind it out and get my big play somewhere else or Cousins if I'm in a situation where I need to take a flyer on a boom-or-bust

Thanks guys, going with my gut and sticking with Luck especially now that he isn't questionable anymore

Shizza

I drafted Fleener as well, but was able to trade him away this week to someone in need on a TE - mostly banking on him delivering this week due to the matchup. Personally, I didn't feel confident in him for the long haul, so I'm kinda relieved I was able to offload him for a backup RB. Who knows though, since we've only seen 1 week so far I might end up regretting it down the line.

fep

Maclin, Ware, Ryan Mathews, Tyrell Williams.

PPR, pick a WR and a Flex with highest upside.

I'm thinking Tyrell and Ware is most risk/reward, but I'm leaning towards starting Maclin and Mathews. I don't think Maclin *and* Ware will both go off and I need upside this week after TNF. Both KC's starting guards are injured and I think Ware might have a hard time against Houston. I sat him for Mathews last week though and that'd suck to see him go off on my bench again, lol.

Deception

I have so much uncertainty with my lineup this week. Luckily im at a huge advantage with Forte going off last night but about a few starts.

Luck or Osweiler? Luck is facing Denver and could struggle but Osweiler is playing KC who gave up 27 to the Chargers. I have Luck starting right now but my heart is telling me Osweiler.

Im also starting TJ Yeldon as my RB2 with Mark Ingram on the bench as I see the Giants shutting down the run like they did against Elliot and the Cowboys but a little timid if that's the right call since hes my RB1.

Lastly, for my FLEX I picked up Mike Wallace off Waivers after his surprising week 1 and see him getting some nice stats against the Browns, but im benching Jordy Nelson and Jeremy Macklin who both had sub-par weeks last week (Macklin less-so) but face two solid defenses in the Vikings and the Texans.

So am I making the right calls on these or what?

Joe

I am pretty well stacked in WRs but I only have 3 spots...

• Allen Robinson
  • Demaryius Thomas
  • Kelvin Benjamin
  • Jeremy Maclin
  • Willie Snead
I'm really unsure on who to start but as of right now I'm going with:

WR1 - Allen Robinson
WR2 - Willie Snead
Flex - Jeremy Maclin

BN Demaryius Thomas: Has a chance to run wild on Colts D but hip is very questionable
BN Kelvin Benjamin: Might be my strongest WR2 but I'm not sure how good SF's D is

I'm facing a tough opponent so I don't think I can afford to take gambles, who do you think the smartest/safest 3 starts would be?

wbsmcs

I have so much uncertainty with my lineup this week. Luckily im at a huge advantage with Forte going off last night but about a few starts.

Luck or Osweiler? Luck is facing Denver and could struggle but Osweiler is playing KC who gave up 27 to the Chargers. I have Luck starting right now but my heart is telling me Osweiler.

Im also starting TJ Yeldon as my RB2 with Mark Ingram on the bench as I see the Giants shutting down the run like they did against Elliot and the Cowboys but a little timid if that's the right call since hes my RB1.

Lastly, for my FLEX I picked up Mike Wallace off Waivers after his surprising week 1 and see him getting some nice stats against the Browns, but im benching Jordy Nelson and Jeremy Macklin who both had sub-par weeks last week (Macklin less-so) but face two solid defenses in the Vikings and the Texans.

I don't know if this is serious or not....
I don't think it is

I am pretty well stacked in WRs but I only have 3 spots...

• Allen Robinson
  • Demaryius Thomas
  • Kelvin Benjamin
  • Jeremy Maclin
  • Willie Snead
I'm really unsure on who to start but as of right now I'm going with:

WR1 - Allen Robinson
WR2 - Willie Snead
Flex - Jeremy Maclin

BN Demaryius Thomas: Has a chance to run wild on Colts D but hip is very questionable
BN Kelvin Benjamin: Might be my strongest WR2 but I'm not sure how good SF's D is

I'm facing a tough opponent so I don't think I can afford to take gambles, who do you think the smartest/safest 3 starts would be?

Those are my top 3 as well...but it's a hard one between Snead and Kelvin (seemed to be Cam's favourite target by a lot).

wbsmcs

What do you not think is serious about it?

Don't bench what is most likely 4 of your first 5 picks because guys off the waiver wire have a "better matchup". Only one I could see being close is Yeldon vs. Ingram. But Yeldon barely managed 2ypc last game, where as the NO/NYG is going to be a shootout with a much better possibility of Ingram getting a touchdown.

Mike Wallace over Jordy and Maclin? You don't start benching those guys because they had a subpar week 1. Nobody puts up 100yds every game. Keep your studs in, or you'll miss out on their stud performances.

You pretty much need to do the exact opposite of what you're thinking of doing...

Would you put Rawls in above any of these four:

Jordan Matthews
Spencer Ware
Ryan Mathews
Sterling Shepard

Shepard seems the obvious pick but I'm kind of counting on a shootout between NYG and NO. I also have Micheal, but it looks like Rawls has the starting job.

Breesus Christ

Neo Member
Alright guys I'm in a full 1 point PPR league

need help at RB

I got RB1. CJ Anderson
RB2. Woodhead
Which I think is very solid in PPR

But at my flex I I'm struggling on my decision. I got Theo RIddick and Jeremy Langford. I'm struggling cause I feel in ppr Riddick can get me a solid amount points without a TD and if he does, its a cherry on top. With Langford I love the matchup against the Eagles run D and hes the clear number 1 guy there, but i feel he needs a TD to be effective but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 1.

What say you gaf!?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Alright guys I'm in a full 1 point PPR league

need help at RB

I got RB1. CJ Anderson
RB2. Woodhead
Which I think is very solid in PPR

But at my flex I I'm struggling on my decision. I got Theo RIddick and Jeremy Langford. I'm struggling cause I feel in ppr Riddick can get me a solid amount points without a TD and if he does, its a cherry on top. With Langford I love the matchup against the Eagles run D and hes the clear number 1 guy there, but i feel he needs a TD to be effective but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 1.

What say you gaf!?

Put in Langford. He's guaranteed to get a lot of touches as the clear number 1.

Anyone have a suggestion on if I should play golden tate or Doug Martin? Ppr league.

Ron Mexico

Need a streamer defense- Detroit (vs Tenn), Dallas (vs Wasington) or Miinnesota (vs Green Bay)?

I'm thinking Detroit. Minnesota is a touch higher in most rankings but I'm not high on Tennessee and Detroit is at home.

Also, I was offered a trade-- trying to decide between "No" or "GTFO"

My C.J. Anderson for his Tevin Coleman and Mike Evans.

I have Hopkins, Landry, Shepard, Tate and Corey Coleman at WR. C.J., Latavius, Duke Johnson and Forsett at RB.

I just can't see this one making sense whatsoever. Then again, I just woke up, so am I missing something here?

I'm thinking Detroit. Minnesota is a touch higher in most rankings but I'm not high on Tennessee and Detroit is at home.

I have Hopkins, Landry, Shepard, Tate and Corey Coleman at WR. C.J., Latavius, Duke Johnson and Forsett at RB.

I just can't see this one making sense whatsoever. Then again, I just woke up, so am I missing something here?

Evans is an elite WR, Coleman has a great week 1 but is in an eternal timeshare. It's not an unfair deal, but the only reason you would click accept is if you have an excess of RB and want to improve your WR. I can't see how many WR you can start but your roster suggests you have more WR depth so I would not do this deal unless you only play 1 RB.

bigkrev

If you didn't believe in CJ it's a snap accept. Evans is a Top 10-15 WR.

Ron Mexico

Evans is an elite WR, Coleman has a great week 1 but is in an eternal timeshare. It's not an unfair deal, but the only reason you would click accept is if you have an excess of RB and want to improve your WR. I can't see how many WR you can start but your roster suggests you have more WR depth so I would not do this deal unless you only play 1 RB.

Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, Standard NFL.com scoring.

I read it as the guy knows I'm a Falcons fan and is trying to go for the heart vs. head angle.

If you didn't believe in CJ it's a snap accept. Evans is a Top 10-15 WR.

I was also looking at Evans' ceiling as a WR2/Flex. I just don't see how he automatically gets in my team every week.

The guy has Langford as well. CJ for Langford and Evans is tilted in my direction, sure, but crazy?

Evans is really really goddamn good and Coleman is gunning for Freeman's job

I read it as the guy knows I'm a Falcons fan and is trying to go for the heart vs. head angle.

Probably true, but he's also got heart eyes just because CJ had a good Week 1

Then it's a smart move by him, especially if you follow their RB situation more. And there's a definite advantage to taking Evans and improving your WR starter situation.

But I still wouldn't take it personally because CJ Anderson has all of the opportunity in the world at RB and your backups (Duke/Forsett) could be easily on the waiver wire any given week.

gutshot

Trying to decide between starting Ryan Mathews and Forsett at RB tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty good about the rest of my team

I'd go with Mathews here. The Eagles are going to be force feeding him the ball, so I'd ride him while you can.

Palmer or Stafford. Both have favorable matchups and similar projections. I'm with Stafford at the moment.

I like Stafford. Not a huge fan of Palmer or the Cards this year. Think they are in for a down year.

nillapuddin

OpEdzsj.png

Problem:
Nobody sure if DT is gunna go and he starts at 4:25

Possible Solutions:
Will Fuller - 1:00
John Brown - 4:05
Stefon Diggs - 8:30

Yall know how this works

A. Pick Fuller and miss out on everyone else
B. Potentially swap out Brown for DT at last second
C. Pass on everyone and put Diggs in

mjc

Got a problem.

I know Denver is gonna cause some issues for Indy, but I can start either Moncrief or Hilton. I'm going to start Sterling Shepherd in one of those spots as I think he's got some upside. Do I get cute and start Moncrief over Hilton?

gutshot

Who should I start in my flex spot this week? (non-PPR)

Demaryious Thomas, vs. IND
Danny Woodhead, vs. JAC
LeGarrette Blount, vs. MIA
Arian Foster, @ NE

Leaning Woodhead but I think a case could be made for any of them.

bigkrev

OpEdzsj.png

Problem:

Possible Solutions:

Yall know how this works

Option B.

Guys, do I start DeSean Jackson over Doug Martin or Allen Robinson?

Apparently DeSean has killed it historically against the Cowboys. I'm not sure how much I trust Martin against the Cardinals.

OpEdzsj.png

Problem:

Possible Solutions:

Yall know how this works

I'm in the same boat. I'm starting Thomas in my flex and going to swap him out with Travis Benjamin if he's a no-go. Denver has said they'll evaluate him during pre game and if he can't go they'll scratch him, so you should have 30 mins or so to swap him out. Just keep an eye on his status around 3:30. Option B

wbsmcs

Who should I start in my flex spot this week? (non-PPR)

Demaryious Thomas, vs. IND
Danny Woodhead, vs. JAC
LeGarrette Blount, vs. MIA
Arian Foster, @ NE

Leaning Woodhead but I think a case could be made for any of them.

Non-Ppr I'm leaning Foster. He's getting the bulk of the touches and playing NE who just gave up 130yds to David Johnson who has a similar role as Foster. It's close to Woodhead though (in PPR I'm going Woodhead).

Guys, do I start DeSean Jackson over Doug Martin or Allen Robinson?

Apparently DeSean has killed it historically against the Cowboys. I'm not sure how much I trust Martin against the Cardinals.

Start Allen Robinson for sure. Desean vs Martin? This is a toss up. I would probably go Jackson as I could see Tampa abondoning the run early as they try to keep up with Arizona's offense.

Russel Wilson is expected to play today, right? If he does y'all wouldn't bench him for Tannehill @ patriots? I know the answer I just need to hear it from someone else. :b

im having a hard time deciding between Moncreif and Sterling Shepard. Im thinking Luck will put up a stinker against denver D and the the NOvsNYG game last year.....

Jarnet87

im having a hard time deciding between Moncreif and Sterling Shepard. Im thinking Luck will put up a stinker against denver D and the the NOvsNYG game last year.....

Shepard based off the the thought that the NO NYG game will be a shootout. No idea how the Colts Broncos game will go, I have Gore and Luck so a close game benefits those two but the Colts look like a hot mess.

I have a RB and Flex spot to decide. Frank Gore, Matt Jones, Chris Hogan, Davante Adams. I think I'm gonna role with Jones and Hogan or Jones and Gore. none of them stand out this week.

Top Bottom