• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

So..

QB 1: Russell
WR 1: Allen Robinson
WR 2: Eric Decker
WR 3 Sterling Shepard
RB 1: Latavius Murray
RB 2: Melvin Gordon
TE: Greg Olsen

Bench: Isaiah Crowell, Michael Thomas, Tyrell Williams, Tevin Coleman, Marcus Mariota

I'm starting to doubt in the jaguars and Robinson.. Should I consider shopping him for another WR or try riding him out and see if he rebounds?

mike6467

I had Cobb and Diggs, I needed 9 points. I started Diggs on gut instinct, almost changed back to Cobb but my roommate told me to just leave it and go with my first choice, so I did.

Also, both me and my opponent would've beat all the other teams in the league by 30 points, so whoever lost was bound to be pissed. I owe my roomie a beer now, the banter in our message board is pure gold.

McBryBry

Russell Wilson, boo.
Allen Robinson, boo.
Rashad Jennings, Jameis with Tyrod on bench (did the opposite last week), AP... First year playing and I'm feeling like this is just constant sadness.

Maybe the worst injury week in Fantasy I can remember:

QB
- Jimmy Garropolo (shoulder) Downgrades all NE options for two more weeks
- Josh McCown (shoulder) rumors of serious shoulder injury, Browns looking at Option C
- Russell Wilson (high ankle sprain) Active, but hobbling through multiweek injury
- Sam Bradford (hand) returned and could be fine?

WR
- Donte Moncrief (head) left on stretcher
- Doug Baldwin (knee) left brieftly, returned, awaiting MRI
- Tyler Lockett (knee) left in second, returned in 4th

RB
- Adrian Peterson (knee) Helped off field, unknown severity
- Doug Martin (hamstring)
- Thomas Rawls (leg contusion)
- Arian Foster (groin)
- Ameer Abdullah (foot)
- Danny Woodhead (knee) Carted off, awaiting MRI
- Chris Ivory (???)
- Jonathan Stewart (hamstring)

TE
- Virgil Green (leg)

QB
- Josh McCown (shoulder) rumors of serious shoulder injury, Browns looking at Option C
- Russell Wilson (high ankle sprain) Active, but hobbling through multiweek injury

WR

RB
- Arian Foster (groin)
- Ameer Abdullah (foot)

TE
- Virgil Green (leg)
Don't forget RB Chris Ivory sent to the hospital AGAIN

QB

WR

RB
- Arian Foster (groin)
- Ameer Abdullah (foot)
- Chris Ivory (???)

TE
- Virgil Green (leg)

I started 3 people on this list. :(

I need 45 points from Alshon Jeffery to come back lol. Antonio Brown killed me but even if he did decent I'd still probably lose. Hard to do much when your opponent gets 75 points from 3 players (Cam and both Benjamin's).

Guys, I'm thinking of starting Tevin Coleman over demarco murray next week with the Falcons playing the Saints. Falcons also look like a top 5 O-line. Murray's offensive situation scares me, that massive run really saved his day but he does play well in flashes.

wbsmcs

Guys, I'm thinking of starting Tevin Coleman over demarco murray next week with the Falcons playing the Saints. Falcons also look like a top 5 O-line. Murray's offensive situation scares me, that massive run really saved his day but he does play well in flashes.

I'd go for it. The Saints/Giants game was a weird one. In the 1st quarter the Saints' CB PJ Williams had a gruesome injury (not many people probably heard about it because he's not an offensive player) and the players on both teams were visibly shook. OBJ was pretty much crying on the field, and this probably affected the teams and their pace/desire to play.

I don't want to seem cold, but that guy was one of their better remaining corners, and with him out their defense only gets weaker. I could see Atlanta getting several touchdowns, especially the way Matt Ryan is playing. And with the Saints also being able to put points on the board, the Falcons will be throwing it a lot. Looks good for Coleman.

I need 20 pts tonight, PPR.

Ryan Mathews or Nelson Agholor as my flex? I also have Eagles D left to play.
I would trust Matthews over Agholar

One because Agholar isn't trustworthy yet at least my opinion

Two do you trust Wentz yet to not fuck up.. Remember.. It was Cleveland he played

woodchuck

QB

WR

RB
- Arian Foster (groin)
- Ameer Abdullah (foot)
- Chris Ivory (???)

TE
- Virgil Green (leg)

You can also add rashad Jennings (hand).

I'd go for it. The Saints/Giants game was a weird one. In the 1st quarter the Saints' CB PJ Williams had a gruesome injury (not many people probably heard about it because he's not an offensive player) and the players on both teams were visibly shook. OBJ was pretty much crying on the field, and this probably affected the teams and their pace/desire to play.

I don't want to seem cold, but that guy was one of their better remaining corners, and with him out their defense only gets weaker. I could see Atlanta getting several touchdowns, especially the way Matt Ryan is playing. And with the Saints also being able to put points on the board, the Falcons will be throwing it a lot. Looks good for Coleman.

Good analysis, I did hear about the Saints injury but didn't realize it was that bad that sounds horrible. One more question to anyone, thinking of starting Diggs over Allen Robinson soon but I was thinking it could be smart to wait one more week after the vikings play Carolina. Robinson has a good chance at a bounce back matchup against the ravens I just have no clue what is going on with Jax, I thought they would show a ton of improvement this season and still think they can.

gutshot

So is it time to panic on Russell Wilson yet? I almost never draft a QB high but did this time since he was the best value on the board at my pick. Really regretting it now.

So is it time to panic on Russell Wilson yet? I almost never draft a QB high but did this time since he was the best value on the board at my pick. Really regretting it now.

He will definitely improve back to the mean but it's probably not going to be a top fantasy year for him anymore. I I think it's worth exploring other options. It's funny, the exact scenario you laid out happened to me when I drafted Luck last season, I never take QBs that early but he was there and the potential of 40 something touchdowns blinded me.

D23

I'm going to give Russel Wilson one more week before i'm going on panic mode, he was playing with an injury yesterday.

No. Stay calm.. He has San Fran next week and the Hawks always play like shit against the Rams.

Relax..

Now the question is should I give up on Allen Robinson.. Because I'm not liking what I'm seeing from bortles

So who the fuck do I pick up off waivers to fix my runningback stable?

I have:
- Isaiah Crowell (thank christ)
- Adrian Peterson (another hurt leg, maybe done)
- Chris Ivory (2 hospital trips in 2 weeks, maybe done)
- Jalen Richard

I thought the Raiders picked Richard for the go-to guy after week one, but now he's like sharing carries as a mere backup.

Help me gaf

Lockett and Abdullah got hurt? I was wondering why Abdullah didn't do too much.
Yep, although neither seem too bad. Abdullah may miss a week as he was seen in a walking boot after the game, but Lockett should (hopefully) be good

I have:
- Jalen Richard

I thought the Raiders picked Richard for the go-to guy after week one, but now he's like sharing carries as a mere backup.

Help me gaf
What running backs are on the wire? May not be much you can do besides attempt a trade

jfkgoblue

I have:
- Jalen Richard

Help me gaf
Depends on how deep your league is...

Chris Sims or Jerrik McKinnon if available would be great, if not then you should grab Shane Vereen

fep

I would trust Matthews over Agholar

One because Agholar isn't trustworthy yet at least my opinion

Two do you trust Wentz yet to not fuck up.. Remember.. It was Cleveland he played

Yeah I realize Agholar is a gamble, PPR helps though - he still outscored Mathews last week. Ags played nearly 100% of the snaps where Mathews played 50%. Ertz is out and Bears secondary is a shit show while their front 7 is pretty decent.

I'm all aboard the Wentz train, I do trust Mathews more, but I feel like Ags is the play here.

Tom Nook

Rex Ryan is killing my Team :(

Week 1: faced Mike Wallace vs BUF
Week 2: faced Forte vs BUF
Week 3: facing D Johnson vs BUF

........ Welp.

After the Min/GB game, is Diggs a must Start for ROS?

Yeah I realize Agholar is a gamble, PPR helps though - he still outscored Mathews last week. Ags played nearly 100% of the snaps where Mathews played 50%. Ertz is out and Bears secondary is a shit show while their front 7 is pretty decent.

I'm all aboard the Wentz train, I do trust Mathews more, but I feel like Ags is the play here.
Then play Ags.. If you are sold on Wentz, then play Ags.

Rex Ryan is killing my Team :(

Week 1: faced Mike Wallace vs BUF
Week 2: faced Forte vs BUF
Week 3: facing D Johnson vs BUF

........ Welp.

After the Min/GB game, is Diggs a must Start for ROS?
Yes.. I'm kicking myself that I traded him for Hilton in a package deal. I should have demanded Benjamin..

Unless I can get a hell of a trade for him, I think I'm just going to keep Lacy on my bench. I don't think the problem is him not producing, it's the fact that the Packers don't seem to want to run the ball anymore.

Tom Nook

I have:
- Jalen Richard

Help me gaf

original-01.jpeg

wbsmcs

Russell Wilson only had one game with >300 passing yards last year.

But Wilson runs the ball! ...He had 4 games with over 50 rushing yards (51, 52, 53, 78) and only 1 rushing touchdown last year.

In his first 10 games last year Wilson's line was: 2378yds, 13TDs, 7Ints, 385ruyds, 0ruTDs

Or: 238yds/game, 1.3td/game, 0.7ints/game, 38.5ruyds/game ... that's around 18.57pts in 4pt passing touchdown leagues.

He ended the year very strong, with multiple 3 and 5 passing touchdown games. But the majority of his games he was an average fantasy QB. His rushing for ~30 yards per game help him have a consistent floor, but he doesn't exactly come with as much upside as people think. Now that Doug Baldwin hurt his knee, I'm even more scared for his passing numbers.

If you could find anybody in your league that thinks Wilson has the potential for a top5 QB and will pay you a RB/WR2 or even high-end WR3 with upside price I would go for it.

It's not too hard to find 20pt/game QBs on the wire. Matt Ryan and Flacco perfect examples that you could stream every week.

Top Bottom