• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Tight ends are rough this year. Getting jack from Fleener and Barnidge.

Will Fleener ever get it going? He got eight targets yesterday and only caught 2 of them.

I picked up Ebron and seriously think it's time to make the change.

AP has a torn meniscus for anyone that has him. The HC did not rule him out playing Sunday at Carolina, but I doubt his effectiveness even if he does try it.

That Kelvin Benjamin round 5 pick up in a .5 PPR
tCTJcBk.png

I almost feel bad for all the dudes who took RBs in round one outside of CJ Anderson. Bust city so far. Some of those guys will turn it around but I wouldn't be confident as an AP owner

necrosis

tCTJcBk.png

I almost feel bad for all the dudes who took RBs in round one outside of CJ Anderson. Bust city so far. Some of those guys will turn it around but I wouldn't be confident as an AP owner

david johnson and lamar miller have had okay returns but yeah, gurley and ap in particular have been garbage

Badosh

Lost Woodhead, my RBs are Anderson, Langford, Yeldon. Kind of screwed once Ivory comes back, as Yeldon will be fairly useless.

Any waiver pick ups that look promising?

jfkgoblue

tCTJcBk.png

Lol I got Kelvin with the 60th and Melvin Gordon with the 61st, the 12th was Deandre Hopkins and 13th was Lamar Miller(one of like 3 high pick RBs to be decent). So I feel like my high picks were good while also getting the 2 steals of the draft

So I've got the #2 Waiver, and I can definitely use some running back depth.

Think I should go for:
1) Fozzy Whitaker
2) Jerrick McKinnon

Also should I drop:

1) Philip Dorsett
2) Derrick Henry

For either of them?

Leaning towards dropping Dorset for Whitaker. I'm fairly well stacked at WR with good depth, but weak at running back (Latavius Murray, Spencer Ware, Jeremy Hill, Derrick Henry, Christine Michael). I can afford to drop Dorsett. I'm also thinking of trying to package Dorsett and Ware for the guy who has Jamaal Charles, for maybe Ryan Matthews depending on his game tonight, and then using the empty roster spot to pick up Fozzy.

wbsmcs

So I've got the #2 Waiver, and I can definitely use some running back depth.

Think I should go for:
1) Fozzy Whitaker
2) Jerrick McKinnon

Also should I drop:

1) Philip Dorsett
2) Derrick Henry

For either of them?

Leaning towards dropping Dorset for Whitaker. I'm fairly well stacked at WR with good depth, but weak at running back (Latavius Murray, Spencer Ware, Jeremy Hill, Derrick Henry, Christine Michael). I can afford to drop Dorsett. I'm also thinking of trying to package Dorsett and Ware for the guy who has Jamaal Charles, for maybe Ryan Matthews depending on his game tonight, and then using the empty roster spot to pick up Fozzy.

JStew is apparently only going to be sidelined 1-2weeks so I'm not sure I would use the #2 on Fozzy. I would go McKinnon here. Alternatively, if you want Fozzy, go with him, but then also pick up Asiata as he has been the one to get majority of the Vikings RB work when AP goes down.

Woodhead gone, Stewart out possibly a few weeks, Rawls injured and not looking very good either

Should I just go ahead with Blount and Lacy as my starters and Michael as a backup, or look to trade one of my starters?

NateDrake

Woodhead gone, and my backup RB was Crowell. I'm up by 10 going into tonight with my opposition having Wentz and I have Alshon J playing. May need to find a good replacement for Woodhead but pickings in the league are low right now. Think Fozzy Whitaker is a decent option for PPR? I have Olsen and Kelvin on Carolina already....

Joe

Really hoping that everyone goes for McKinnon and Fozzy drops to my 11th waiver spot.

My top 2 picks have given me nothing so far (Allen Robinson and Le'Veon Bell) and I still have the 3rd most points through 2 weeks.

My RB situation is bad though and if Bell gives me nothing like ARob then I really am screwed the rest of the season.

david johnson and lamar miller have had okay returns but yeah, gurley and ap in particular have been garbage
Johnson will have some monster games for sure and he's been solid so far. I'm still not sold on Miller being a fantasy star quite yet but we'll see

Here are the top RBs drafted in my league. It's only two weeks and things can turn around for a lot of these guys but it hasn't been a good start

1. Adrian Peterson -awful, hurt
2. Todd Gurley -awful
3. Ezekiel Elliott - 2 TDs have helped soothe a bad per carry average. Fumble problems. Alf vultured a TD this week and cut into his carries
4. David Johnson -Good!
5. Devonta Freeman -Average, Coleman has ate into his potential.
6. Le'Veon Bell -still SSPD, lol
7. Lamar Miller -workhorse who gets a ton of touches but he could do more with them (0 TDs)
8. Doug Martin -bad hammy, might miss next week
9. Mark Ingram -awful
10. Eddie Lacy -awful
11. LeSean McCoy -Not bad and better than a lot of guys drafted ahead of him, always gets some catches
12. Jonathan Stewart - hurt

Johnson will have some monster games for sure and he's been solid so far. I'm still not sold on Miller being a fantasy star quite yet but we'll see

Here are the top RBs drafted in my league. It's only two weeks and things can turn around for a lot of these guys but it hasn't been a good start

2. Todd Gurley -awful
3. Ezekiel Elliott - 2 TDs have helped soothe a bad per carry average. Fumble problems. Alf vultured a TD this week and cut into his carries
4. David Johnson -Good!
7. Lamar Miller -workhorse who gets a ton of touches but he could do more with them (0 TDs)
9. Mark Ingram -awful
10. Eddie Lacy -awful
11. LeSean McCoy -Not bad and always gets some catches but still hasn't scored

He scored a touchdown week 1.

2. Todd Gurley -awful
4. David Johnson -Good!
9. Mark Ingram -awful
10. Eddie Lacy -awful
11. LeSean McCoy -Not bad and always gets some catches but still hasn't scored
So far so good with my DJ/McCoy combo then

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
rolling with mccoy and Dmurray for RBs, disappointed woodhead got hurt as he was my flex. have a strong WR corps that i can insert into flex though.

bench RBs are gio bernard and BPowell... so I gotta start keeping an eye open for a long term RB plan.

might try to waiver pitta this week, kelce just never goes off. ive had him for two seasons, and he doesnt do it for me. consistent? definitely. rarely more than 10pts though. typically 5-8.

not sure if I really want to waiver and add yet another WR to my bench

rolling with mccoy and Dmurray for RBs, disappointed woodhead got hurt as he was my flex. have a strong WR corps that i can insert into flex though.

bench RBs are gio bernard and BPowell... so I gotta start keeping an eye open for a long term RB plan.

might try to waiver pitta this week, kelce just never goes off. ive had him for two seasons, and he doesnt do it for me. consistent? definitely. rarely more than 10pts though. typically 5-8.

You're clearly expecting too much from the TE position. Keep Kelce and use that bench space on a RB

bigkrev

Outside of Gronk, there wasn't a single TE last year that averaged 10 pts a game.

Instro

Kind of unsure what to do with Rawls at the moment. He seems likely to lose the job to Michael at this point. Not a whole lot available, although Michael himself is actually available, so I'm thinking of making the switch. Most of the backups that are going to be starting at RB in the coming weeks are also out there.

ICanRuinYourDay

Neo Member
Now 1-1 after tonight's game. Bears D/ST saved me tonight.

Just sent a trade offer and it was accepted.

Trading Will Fuller and Jeremy Langford for Tevin Coleman and Doug Baldwin.

I figure that once Baldwin is healthy, I'll be adding another top receiver. Also, I'll be upgrading from Langford to Coleman.

Assuming this trade isn't vetoed, my team now looks like:
QB: Taylor, Bortles
RB: Bell, Gordon, Coleman, Hyde
WR: Hopkins, Cooper, Baldwin, Gordon
TE: McDonald, Gronkowski
D/ST: Raiders, Bears
K: Boswell

Planning on dropping McDonald for Tamme/Rudolph as well.

Opinions?

I'm still fairly confident Gurley will turn it around.... Right guys?? Right?

I drafted Gurley and Charles with my first two picks. And I'm 0-2 in my main league right now, wooooo. I drafted Watkins 3rd and Maclin 4th. I won't bag on Maclin too much right now, his first game was alright. But my first 3 picks have been a bust so far. Too early to overreact but I'm having bad memories of last year when my firs 4 picks were DT, McCoy, P. Manning, Joseph Randle.

So who should I target for D this week? I'm leaning towards the Giants because they're going against whoever Cleveland picks up from the streets to play QB.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
opinions on dropping tyrod for matt ryan? have flacco starting atm.

granted Tyrod put up 33pts on my bench week 2, his playing is pretty bad, and the team around him is awful... makes me think there wont be much success. just boom or bust. cant rely on that....

wbsmcs

So who should I target for D this week? I'm leaning towards the Giants because they're going against whoever Cleveland picks up from the streets to play QB.

Miami is playing Cleveland this week!

opinions on dropping tyrod for matt ryan? have flacco starting atm.

granted Tyrod put up 33pts on my bench week 2, his playing is pretty bad, and the team around him is awful... makes me think there wont be much success. just boom or bust. cant rely on that....

Matt Ryan is obviously a great stream playing the Saints, but his schedule after that is pretty brutal (Carolina, Denver, Seattle) so just be ready with another QB for week 4. Flacco is a great guy against Oakland in week 4. ....yeah drop Tyrod.

Tom Nook

McKinnon or Fozzy? Woodhead injured, so I need a replacement. Both are available in my PPR league.

Same situation but with Stewart. I'm going with Fozzy.

Fozzy could get more work where McKinnon splits with Matt Asiata.

Personally if it become between McKinnon and Asiata, I would pick Asiata. He is the red zone guy over McKinnon.

NateDrake

Same situation but with Stewart. I'm going with Fozzy.

Fozzy could get more work where McKinnon splits with Matt Asiata.

Personally if it become between McKinnon and Asiata, I would pick Asiata. He is the red zone guy over McKinnon.

Yeah, that's been my struggle between McKinnon and Asiata. I'm leaning Fozzy for now, but really unsure.

Top Bottom