• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Ron Mexico

Now 1-1 after tonight's game. Bears D/ST saved me tonight.

Just sent a trade offer and it was accepted.

Trading Will Fuller and Jeremy Langford for Tevin Coleman and Doug Baldwin.

I figure that once Baldwin is healthy, I'll be adding another top receiver. Also, I'll be upgrading from Langford to Coleman.

Assuming this trade isn't vetoed, my team now looks like:
QB: Taylor, Bortles
RB: Bell, Gordon, Coleman, Hyde
WR: Hopkins, Cooper, Baldwin, Gordon
TE: McDonald, Gronkowski
D/ST: Raiders, Bears
K: Boswell

Planning on dropping McDonald for Tamme/Rudolph as well.

Opinions?

That trade seems about dead on even to me but I'm still skeptical of Coleman and think he's a wash at absolute best with Langford.

I like the TE idea as well although I'd shade toward Rudolph over Tamme and I give my reservations about both Tamme and Coleman as an unabashed Falcons fan.

Tom Nook

Is Zeke in the dog house after the fumbles? Should I be worried?

I'm afraid Morris is getting more work....

My RB corps are Zeke, Crowell, Steward (hurt), and Ameer (hurt). Hopefully I can pick up Fozzy off waivers.

Would you trade:

Melvin Gordon
Jeremy Maclin

for

Todd Gurley
Dez Bryant
No. Gordon is looking like a potential fantasy monster with Woodhead out. Maclin will come around

Gurley and Dez are big names that haven't done much yet. LA is a mess offensively and you can't trust Dez to get consistent production with Dak at QB.

No. Gordon is looking like a potential fantasy monster with Woodhead out. Maclin will come around

Gurley and Dez are big names that haven't done much yet. LA is a mess offensively and you can't trust Dez to get consistent production with Dak at QB.

No.

I would keep Gordon, got a funny feeling Gurley is a fantasy bust this season.

I know it's a bad idea, but I wanted to hear it from someone else first. Thanks!

wbsmcs

Would you trade:

Melvin Gordon
Jeremy Maclin

for

Todd Gurley
Dez Bryant

This is tough.

First though, I don't think Dez is close to being finished, and is actually just starting to get used to Dak. In week 2 Dez had 12 targets, 40% of Prescott's attempts. And he was able to turn that into 102 yards. Dak is going to keep feeding him and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dez with over 100 receptions and possibly 10TDs, as they will start to come.

Maclin also received a lot of targets in his last game. 15 targets of Smith's 38 throws. He was only able to get 6 receptions though as Smith just isn't that great of a passer, and I highly doubt he'll be attempting >35 passes per game, especially with Charles coming back.

I think Dez>>>Maclin rest of year, and might possibly be the best player in this deal.

Gordon has had a good start to the year, and now with Woodhead out he should pretty much be a lock for 20 carries a game, one of the only RBs with that workload, and he has been seeing goalline work as his team is actually capable of getting into the red zone.

However, Gurley is probably one of the only other ones who will see 20+ carries a game and I don't think he's a 2.7ypc RB. I highly doubt Gurley will finish the year with a 280 carry, 800 yard year. He will easily break 1000yds with that workload and score a couple TDs (probably not as much as Gordon).

I probably wouldn't do Gordon for Gurley straight-up as Gordon has looked good. But Gurley is still a viable RB2 with obvious RB1 upside.

Dez i believe is a WR1, while Maclin is bottom end WR2.

I would do the deal.

Need to replace Woodhead but it's hard to tell who is going to take over in CAR or MIN.
I thought Fozzy for sure in CAR but there is talk that Artis-Payne could swoop in.
And I played that game two years ago with McKinnon & Asiata. Pretty much a coin-flip there.

Tom Nook

Need to replace Woodhead but it's hard to tell who is going to take over in CAR or MIN.
I thought Fozzy for sure in CAR but there is talk that Artis-Payne could swoop in.
And I played that game two years ago with McKinnon & Asiata. Pretty much a coin-flip there.

Shoot! I forgot about CAP.

Fozzy does look good in the Niners game, CAR will roll with him.

Mckinnon and Asiata will split carries. MIN could be more of pass attack team with Bradford and Diggs.

Joe

Guy in 1st place in my league is STACKED. This is my first year playing but I've already learned that working the waivers after Week 1 is a really big deal.

Guy in 1st place in my league is STACKED. This is my first year playing but I've already learned that working the waivers after Week 1 is a really big deal.
People call it panicking, but the fact of the matter is that if you don't have your team fine-tuned by week 3, you're in trouble.

I hustled a motherfucker for Devonta Freeman last year in a week 3 trade and I wound up in 2nd place overall in my league. I also work the waiver wires like crazy and I've already gotten Tywell Williams and about to try snagging Fozzy and Cairo Santos.

jfkgoblue

JGkhY0a.png

4th on WW, should I put Enuwa or Fozzy higher on my priority?

wbsmcs

JGkhY0a.png

4th on WW, should I put Enuwa or Fozzy higher on my priority?

I would say Fozzy given that you have 3 receivers much better than Enunwa. However you do have some solid RBs and WRs and I would maybe drop Wentz and try to grab someone like Ryan/Flacco/Tannehill to stream at QB. Don't necessarily use your 4th WW on the QB, but look to pick one up.

jfkgoblue

I would say Fozzy given that you have 3 receivers much better than Enunwa. However you do have some solid RBs and WRs and I would maybe drop Wentz and try to grab someone like Ryan/Flacco/Tannehill to stream at QB. Don't necessarily use your 4th WW on the QB, but look to pick one up.

Yeah I was thinking that Fozzy would be better. Love my WR(and this is after I lost Keenan Allen for the year)

I was hoping to stash Wentz for trade bait later

I'm currently #2 on the WW and thinking of using it to pick up Fozzy. I have Ware, Gordon, Gio Bernard, and David Johnson as my RBs. I don't need a RB, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to grab him for trade bait. But then I burn my WW, which might be nice to use next week if something else crazy happens. Thoughts?

Clearos

I wish this happened on the The League.

Tuesday 9/13 I traded AP/Golden Tate for Forte and Dez. Enjoyed cashing in on knee jerk reactions of week 1 and APs previous accomplishments.

wbsmcs

Jay Ajai or Kenyan Drake?

6Nif0Bd.gif

ehh..flip a coin...I'd go Drake

I'm currently #2 on the WW and thinking of using it to pick up Fozzy. I have Ware, Gordon, Gio Bernard, and David Johnson as my RBs. I don't need a RB, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to grab him for trade bait. But then I burn my WW, which might be nice to use next week if something else crazy happens. Thoughts?

I don't think Fozzy would have that much trade value given that he would only be a starter for 1-2 weeks. Given that you probably wouldn't start him I wouldn't burn the high waiver.

Joe

Delanie Walker + WR2 for >> DeMarco Murray

If I could pull this trade off do you think I could successfully stream TE's the rest of the way?

I have excess WR2s but need a RB

wbsmcs

Delanie Walker + WR2 for >> DeMarco Murray

If I could pull this trade off do you think I could successfully stream TE's the rest of the way?

I have excess WR2s but need a RB

I don't think you need to include Walker in that deal. A WR2 should be enough for Murray.

ugh.. 2 nay, 1 yay...

I sent the deal except I swapped Gordon with L. Murray just to test the waters

Did the other team even show interest in the trade yet? If not, there's a good chance he wouldn't take either. ADP and name recognition is a hard thing to overcome, and they may not be up for trading away two 1st round picks for pennies when they could possibly find someone that'll pay a higher price simply due to name and ADP

Yeah, some people are saying Artis-Payne over Fozzy. I'm wary....

Also considering just dropping Barnidge for Pitta or Tamme in a short bench league. With all the QBs going down in Cleveland I'm not really convinced he's gonna get much.

Yeah, some people are saying Artis-Payne over Fozzy. I'm wary....

Also considering just dropping Barnidge for Pitta or Tamme in a short bench league. With all the QBs going down in Cleveland I'm not really convinced he's gonna get much.

I can see Barnidge getting more work just due to the "safety valve" effect of any inexperienced QB. But the problem is that limits his upside severely. Barnidge's talent last year was finding touchdowns, and that's going to be really hard with Kessler and Whitehurst. I'd definitely rather have Pitta. Tamme though...I'd hold Barnidge another week. At least Barnidge has new opportunities with each QB that comes in. Tamme has done nothing and his situation is unchanged.

Schnozberry

Yeah, that's been my struggle between McKinnon and Asiata. I'm leaning Fozzy for now, but really unsure.

Stewart will probably only be out 1-2 weeks. McKinnon will get snaps for 4-6 while they figure out what to do with AP's Meniscus tear. Asiata will get some goal line work, but McKinnon will play on passing downs and get the lion share of the carries.

I'd go with McKinnon over the long haul.

phanphare

Banned
I can see Barnidge getting more work just due to the "safety valve" effect of any inexperienced QB. But the problem is that limits his upside severely. Barnidge's talent last year was finding touchdowns, and that's going to be really hard with Kessler and Whitehurst. I'd definitely rather have Pitta. Tamme though...I'd hold Barnidge another week. At least Barnidge has new opportunities with each QB that comes in. Tamme has done nothing and his situation is unchanged.

week 1 tamme had 8 targets, 6 receptions, and 51 yards

week 2 tamme had 8 targets, 5 receptions, 75 yards, and a touchdown

8 targets a game is pretty nice, especially if matt ryan is looking his way in the redzone

Did the other team even show interest in the trade yet? If not, there's a good chance he wouldn't take either. ADP and name recognition is a hard thing to overcome, and they may not be up for trading away two 1st round picks for pennies when they could possibly find someone that'll pay a higher price simply due to name and ADP
The guy was pissed about Gurley and said he should just drop him so... I'm seeing if he's serious. Also, he's not starting Dez.

It's a work league. I don't know what he's thinking.

week 1 tamme had 8 targets, 6 receptions, and 51 yards

week 2 tamme had 8 targets, 5 receptions, 75 yards, and a touchdown

8 targets a game is pretty nice, especially if matt ryan is looking his way in the redzone

Hmm. I stand corrected on usage. But still don't like their red one package. Still, he's more useful than it seems.

ICanRuinYourDay

Neo Member
That trade seems about dead on even to me but I'm still skeptical of Coleman and think he's a wash at absolute best with Langford.

I like the TE idea as well although I'd shade toward Rudolph over Tamme and I give my reservations about both Tamme and Coleman as an unabashed Falcons fan.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm playing in a 1PPR league, I think I valued Coleman highly when proposing this trade. Hope it pays off. Basically see him as my low-end RB2 with potential. When Bell gets back from suspension next week, I plan to slot Coleman into flex and might flip him or Hyde in a package for a QB upgrade / WR2/3.

Now I am torn on who to target for TE. I have three decent options to go for until Gronk gets back as I look again at the waiver wire. Pitta, Rudolph, and Tamme. Rudolph is looking like the best season long option, but I am currently targeting Tamme as my primary waiver pick-up this week. Tough call.

McBryBry

Well, I'm in a bit of a toughie... 0-2 in both of my standard 10 teams and not really sure what to do.

3WR2RB1TE
QB: Russell Wilson (sigh)
WR: Larry Fitz, Eric Decker, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Tajae Sharpe, Tyrell Williams (These guys have been doing well except ARob. Considering benching him.)
RB: Lamar Miller, Charles Sims, Isaiah Crowell, Rashad Jennings, Jeremy Hill
TE: Antonio Gates
K: Gostkowski
DEF: Steelers (Have been streaming)

Worries are really ARob and Hill. Both have severely disappointed, as did Wussell

3WR2RB1TE1Flex
QB: Jameis Winston (started week 2), Tyrod Taylor (started week 1)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb, Michael Floyd, Tyrell Williams, Tyler Lockett
RB: Latavius Murray, Jeremy Langford, Adrian Peterson (RIP), Frank Gore, Gio Bernard
TE: Zach Ertz (was relisted as questionable, will stream once someone gets moved to IR)
K: Catanzaro
DEF: New England (considering streaming)

This one just hurts. My QB's were awful when I played them and great on bench, and my RB situation seems dire since Latavius is the only one who's been consistent. Right now I offered someone Cobb and Gore for Forte and a waiver for Enunwa that will drop Lockett. I know that trade is a lowball but I'm willing to go higher if needed. And I'm against the guy with Brown, KBenjamin, Jones Jr, McCoy and Ware. SIgh.

nillapuddin

I had Tyrod, dropped him, then last week he was Tygod gain, but now they play ARI

Should I pick him back up over Carson Wentz as my backup QB?

(Starter is Rivers)

also carrying and unheard of 3 TE RN cause not sure if Barnidge is ROS bust yet, but picked up Tamme and Pitta just to block other teams.

Picked up Dwayne Washington and Jordan Howard overnight. Please be good, please be good, please be good.

Edit: I'm in a 2qb league and my qb2 is Wentz. Should I drop him for Sam Bradford?

Sounds like Doug Martin will be out at least three weeks due to his hamstring. Time to start flexing Sims everyone

Edit: also Abdullah is reportedly being put on IR...

My current RB's are:

Lacy
j. Stew
Terrance West
Chris Thompson

My WR are:

Odell
Cooper
Snead
Lockett
Sanu
T. Sharpe

Right now I have Lacy and West as my starters but I'm not confident at all. Could Thompson be a better choice at RB2 since he gets a lot of receptions (PPR league)? Or should I be trying to trade one of my WR's?

Also, Dwayne Washington is available, should I try to grab him?

My current RB's are:

Also, Dwayne Washington is available, should I try to grab him?

Would drop West for him in a heartbeat, he's next in line in Detroit to go alongside Riddick.If he doesn't work out you can grab someone else, but Twest isn't doing anything much and Dixon could take his spot in a few weeks.

fep

Dexter McCluster renaissance!

Tried to waiver natty ice first, but someone snagged him. This is a poor consolation price.

Would drop West for him in a heartbeat, he's next in line in Detroit to go alongside Riddick.If he doesn't work out you can grab someone else, but Twest isn't doing anything much and Dixon could take his spot in a few weeks.

Someone just picked him up as I was trying to..argh

I need to do something about this RB situation..

Someone just picked him up as I was trying to..argh

I need to do something about this RB situation..

Every week you should be earmarking players that are getting worse, so you know what to do waivers-wise. "Worse" doesn't mean "had two bad weeks" but really, look at targets, is the guy getting enough work? Is the offense any good? etc. For example, I dropped a real WR2 this week because he was getting a peak of 60 yards per game with virtually no redzone chances. His role wasn't going to change, so given an "upside" of 60 yards and a touchdown, and a downside of 40 yards...why not take a shot on Dwayne Washington? Or Dexter Mccluster? Guys that we don't know the value of like that could suck, and you drop them again, but they also have upside, and upside is what your bench should be about.

Since you're PPR I would definitely stick with Lacy and Thompson for now. Maybe they aren't always good but the upside is there. Your WR situation is pretty spectacular so a deal would make sense.

D23

Guys who should I start for my rb2 this week?

Theo Riddick @GB

Frank Gore @ SD

Rashad Jennings @ WAS

I'm leaning towards Gore since he's been doing ok these past 2 weeks.. but with abdullah is out theo Riddick might be their rb1.

bigkrev

Theo Riddick @GB

Frank Gore @ SD

Rashad Jennings @ WAS

I'm leaning towards Gore since he's been doing ok these past 2 weeks.. but with abdullah is out theo Riddick might be their rb1.

Theo Riddick is going against a Green Bay defense that has allow 83 rushing yards from Running backs all year on 45 attempts.

You should start Gore.

Tom Nook

Saw the news of Ameer and immediately pickup D. Washington.

Theo Riddick @GB

Frank Gore @ SD

Rashad Jennings @ WAS

I would go with Gore, He is the workhorse.

Riddick will share work with D. Washington.

Jennings has a good matchup against WAS but Vereen has been getting more work than Jennings.

Top Bottom