• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

WedgeX

Banned
Guys who should I start for my rb2 this week?

Theo Riddick @GB

Frank Gore @ SD

Rashad Jennings @ WAS

I'm leaning towards Gore since he's been doing ok these past 2 weeks.. but with abdullah is out theo Riddick might be their rb1.

Are you in a PPR league? If so go Riddick.

I've got four WRs who I just can't decide between:

Marvin Jones
TY Hilton
Tajae Sharpe
Will Fuller

Plus Victor Cruz just hanging out.

I can actually start two with one as my flex.

Every week you should be earmarking players that are getting worse, so you know what to do waivers-wise. "Worse" doesn't mean "had two bad weeks" but really, look at targets, is the guy getting enough work? Is the offense any good? etc. For example, I dropped a real WR2 this week because he was getting a peak of 60 yards per game with virtually no redzone chances. His role wasn't going to change, so given an "upside" of 60 yards and a touchdown, and a downside of 40 yards...why not take a shot on Dwayne Washington? Or Dexter Mccluster? Guys that we don't know the value of like that could suck, and you drop them again, but they also have upside, and upside is what your bench should be about.

Since you're PPR I would definitely stick with Lacy and Thompson for now. Maybe they aren't always good but the upside is there. Your WR situation is pretty spectacular so a deal would make sense.

Good points! So you'd drop West for Mccluster? Hopefully Jstew only misses a week or two. I was considering trying to offer Lockett or Sanu for someone like Gore or even Ivory since he'll be back soon

nillapuddin

Thoughts on CJ2K?

I'm torn between him or McCluster sitting on my bench.

CJ only played cause it was a blowout, I wouldn't expect anything from him unless

A. Another blowout
B. The worst thing that could ever happen in the history of man kind (DJ gets hurt)

necrosis

ADRIAN PETERSON TO MISS SEVERAL MONTHS
The Vikings running back will have surgery Thursday to repair a torn meniscus, Ian Rapoport reports.

welp

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
post waiver update for my team:

picked up pitta as my swappable TE. Kelce will be on bye week 5, pitta plays WAS then, so should be set.

missed matt ryan by 1$ on waivers, nabbed dalton in FA though... hell be slow in the next few games, but his schedule eases up around my QB bye week...

rolling ravens D again this week...fingers crossed bortles doesnt throw up a ton of TDs

as of now though i'm playing pitta AND Flacco too... cantsay im too happy about playing 3 ravens this week...I could do kelce vs. Jets, but I really want to try pittas upside.

must win game for me though this week.

Iceman829

I need some help deciding on my starters this week. I faceoff against my older brother, so I need to win those bragging rights!

QB - I'm thinking of starting Tyrod Taylor over Russel Wilson since Wilson/Seahwaks have looked so hot

3 WR/1 Flex - I currently have Jordy Nelson, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones Jr, and TY Hilton starting with Jeremy Maclin, Sterling Shepard and Victor Cruz on the Bench

Picking up McKinnon/Asiata is a good stash but I not to start them against CAR.

Plus the Hillman pickup further muddies the waters in MIN. I picked up McKinnon but I don't think any of them are worth a roster spot for the next couple of weeks.

Having a hard time deciding between Gore and Blount in a flex spot (PPR). Both are the workhorses and both have decent matchups....Leaning towards Blount just based on reading the rankings this morning.

Also, someone dropped Arian Foster in a league I'm in. Seemed a bit premature to me. Worth it to pick up the scraps?

Joe

Snagged Dwayne Washington and Matt Asiata this morning. Dropped Duke Johnson and Ameer Abdullah.

I have Le'Veon Bell ready to come off the bench next week and I really, really need him to be a solid RB1 otherwise I'm screwed long-term.

Ronnie Hillman was signed by the Vikings. In a 14 team league, worth the pickup?

No chance. Jerrick McKinnon and Matt Asiata are at the top of the pecking order there, I would only add Hillman in 16+ team leagues where there's nothing but the RB practice squad left.

Realistically Hillman has never been that good AND is on a new offense, so he would need injuries to have any future value.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
QB - I'm thinking of starting Tyrod Taylor over Russel Wilson since Wilson/Seahwaks have looked so hot

3 WR/1 Flex - I currently have Jordy Nelson, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones Jr, and TY Hilton starting with Jeremy Maclin, Sterling Shepard and Victor Cruz on the Bench

i just dropped tyrod after keeping him for a rnd 16 in my league....hes too boom or bust right now and his team is a mess. i'd try for Matt ryan or flacco even over tyrod. dalton has more long term potential with his future schedule, and getting eiffert back.. esp if Hill continues to flounder

Dominator

Who should I put in my FLEX position?

WR:
Golden Tate
Allen Hurns
Tavon Austin

RB:
Jerick McKinnon

TE:
Eric Ebron

I have Hurns in now but I always feel weird about who I pick for FLEX.

Due to all of these injuries and a bit of luck stashing players on my bench, I now have a hard decision to make. Who should I put in my FLEX (0.5 PPR):

Sims vs LA
Shepard vs WAS
Ware vs NYJ (if Charles is out)
Dorsett vs SD
Enumwa @ KC

I currently have Sims in, but all of them have a reason to be put in. I also have Dwayne Washington, but I feel like he can sit on the bench while I see how the DET situation works out

Who should I put in my FLEX position?

WR:
Golden Tate
Allen Hurns
Tavon Austin

RB:
Jerick McKinnon

TE:
Eric Ebron

I have Hurns in now but I always feel weird about who I pick for FLEX.

I would have it between either Hurns or Ebron. Maybe a slight edge to Ebron based on the matchups.

Need some advice on who to start this week, I have no idea what I'm doing here, lol.
WR: (pick three)
Amari Cooper @ Tenn.
Mohamed Sanu @ N.O.
Mike Wallace @ Jax
Jeremy Maclin vs NYJ
Michael Crabtree @ Tenn.
Tajae Sharpe vs OAK

I have Dennis Pitta and Martellus Bennett but I am thinking of going with Pitta because the QB situation for the patriots seems bad and they're facing a decent defense in Houston.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
LOL, how's that going to work fantasy wise?

Lets say Edelman scores points as a WR then Brissett goes down and he becomes the QB.

2 QBs in your team?

essentially...points stay the same... i've had antonio brown throw a td before on one play... at least i think it was AB. regardless of who though....the scoring stays the same.

this_guy

Lets say Edelman scores points as a WR then Brissett goes down and he becomes the QB.

2 QBs in your team?

He'll be in your WR position but I'm sure he'll give you points for passing stats as well. It's like past RBs/WRs who are also kick returners will give you points for kick return tds.

Need some advice on who to start this week, I have no idea what I'm doing here, lol.
Amari Cooper @ Tenn.
Mohamed Sanu @ N.O.
Mike Wallace @ Jax
Jeremy Maclin vs NYJ
Michael Crabtree @ Tenn.
Tajae Sharpe vs OAK

I have Dennis Pitta and Martellus Bennett but I am thinking of going with Pitta because the QB situation for the patriots seems bad and they're facing a decent defense in Houston.
Cooper/Maclin should definitely be numbers 1 and 2, no question. After that, I'd say Wallace should be #3 due to his big play upside

Tom Nook

Amari Cooper @ Tenn; Stud WR
Mohamed Sanu @ N.O.
Mike Wallace @ Jax; Flacco favorite Target
Jeremy Maclin vs NYJ; LOL, Revis Island
Michael Crabtree @ Tenn.
Tajae Sharpe vs OAK

gutshot

2 QBs in your team?

Yup. He would basically become the most valuable receiver in fantasy, if that were to happen.

I remember, for some reason, Yahoo had Marques Colston as a TE one year, despite him being basically the Saints WR1. He was the best "TE" in the league that year.

Yup. He would basically become the most valuable receiver in fantasy, if that were to happen.

I remember, for some reason, Yahoo had Marques Colston as a TE one year, despite him being basically the Saints WR1. He was the best "TE" in the league that year.

That's what I'm hoping will happen to Enumwa. Fingers crossed

Joe Webb was another, WR/QB, and technically Terrele Pryor also (or last year, Denard Robinson was RB/WR, making him an interesting "flex" play)

Basically, the NFL sends a player eligibility list before the season and then prior to each week. Fantasy servers like ESPN/Yahoo can ask for clarification sometimes but they are generally locked in and won't see changes on the offensive end. You'll still sometimes see multi-position on a few guys but the NFL tends to lock it down to one position. Hard to say if ESPN/Yahoo asked for more restriction or the league did it itself, but multi-eligibility tends to be frowned upon.

I'm getting a trade request for Mccoy for Jordy and was wondering if I should do it.

My team so far is :

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Matt Jones
WR1: D.Hop
WR2: Jordy Nelson
WR/RB: Michael Flyod
TE: Greg Olson

I do need a stronger RB and I can probably slot Matt Jones in the flex. Bench wise I have Tyler Lockett, Pierre Garcon, and Terrance West.

McBryBry

In a 2 RB league, who would you guys start? I've got Latavius, Langford, Gore and Gio. Guess I'm just stuck between Langford and Gore.

I picked up McCluster off the waiver.. The question I have is should I put him in the Flex or the following..

Tamme
Adams
Bennett
Coates

I also have Jordan Howard and I am thinking he's going to be the number one soon for Chicago.. Should I plug him in the lineup or wait till more info comes out because I have Duke Johnson that I could put in the Flex as well.

DKehoe

Hey guys, as I've said in a previous post I don't have a lot of knowledge about this so any help would be appreciated. I just got my first transfer offer in from someone in my league. They are offering me Will Fuller in exchange for Tevin Coleman. What do you think of that?

phanphare

Banned
Hey guys, as I've said in a previous post I don't have a lot of knowledge about this so any help would be appreciated. I just got my first transfer offer in from someone in my league. They are offering me Will Fuller in exchange for Tevin Coleman. What do you think of that?

without knowing anything else I'd take that and run. I hate situations like freeman and coleman and fuller has been really good through 2 games and is getting targets.

DKehoe

without knowing anything else I'd take that and run. I hate situations like freeman and coleman and fuller has been really good through 2 games and is getting targets.

I'm thinking it might make sense. Right now my two RBs are CJ Anderson and Melvin Gordon. Them and Coleman all have the same bye week so that would have been the week I would have been most likely to use him.

What's the situation with Freeman and Coleman? From looking online Coleman is potentially overtaking his teammate for a starting spot? Sorry, like I said I really don't know a lot about the NFL. This is my first season following it.

Top Bottom