• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Stick with Duke Johnson OR move on and try to get Dwayne Washington
Not saying it's the right move but I dropped Duke for Washington. I've seen what Duke is prob gonna be this year and I'll never feel comfortable starting him. Washington *might* be valuable. At least there's a chance as of now.

Guys, my TE situation is dire
I have Pitta at TE since Coby Fleener has let me down for the last time

Anyway I'm looking at this trade:

Considering offering Larry Fitzgerald and Charles Sims for Greg Olsen and Devonta Freeman...

...thoughts?

Guys, my TE situation is dire
I have Pitta at TE since Greg Olsen has let me down for the last time

Anyway I'm looking at this trade:

Considering offering Larry Fitzgerald and Charles Sims for Greg Olsen and Devonta Freeman...

...thoughts?

Wait what did Olsen do???? And if you're trying to get Fitz/Sims, I'm sure the other team would accept that pretty quick. Fitz is likely to drop off towards the end of the year again, and Freeman (even in a timeshare) is more valuable than Sims

damn I meant Coby Fleener hahaha sorry... edited

If the other team accepts that trade, it'll be nice. Fitz is great now, but is likely due for a decline again like last year, and Sims is a clear downgrade from Freeman. Doubt the other team is that low on Freeman that they take that trade though

phanphare

Banned
I'm thinking it might make sense. Right now my two RBs are CJ Anderson and Melvin Gordon. Them and Coleman all have the same bye week so that would have been the week I would have been most likely to use him.

What's the situation with Freeman and Coleman? From looking online Coleman is potentially overtaking his teammate for a starting spot? Sorry, like I said I really don't know a lot about the NFL. This is my first season following it.

they're splitting pretty evenly on both snaps and touches which makes them both annoying starts imo. it's better for coleman owners because freeman was valued higher in drafts but in a situation like that if I can get good value back I do it. I would honestly consider this selling high on coleman because I doubt his volume will increase and there is a risk that it could decrease, though it seems to me they'll just keep splitting evenly.

DerekNYC

Have an offer for 1:1 offer - trade Deangelo Willaims, get Chris Ivory.

My other RBs are Ingram, Charles, Michael, Dwayne Washington, Artis-Payne.

Worth giving up one more great week and upside of Williams for a more consistent Ivory?

AaronB

My top four picks were Gronk (hasn't played), AP (two horrible games, now injured and dropped), Alshon Jeffrey (only mildly disappointing), and Russell Wilson (banged up and having a bad year, now benched in favor of Matt Ryan). It's up to later picks and the waiver wire to give me any kind of chance. Right now I have:
QB: Matt Ryan, bench has Russell Wilson
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin; bench has DeSean Jackson, Tyler Lockett
RB: Latavius Murray, LeGarrette Blount; bench has Jerrick McKinnon, Matt Jones
TE: Jason Witten. bench: Gronk (please get healthy soon)
K: Dan Bailey (previously Haushka, who was getting no opportunities this year)
Def: Vikings (My team; I believe in their D and it's paid off, but this week will be tough against Car)

I'm thinking of dropping Russell Wilson as I'm going to need bench slots even more when bye weeks stars. What are the chances he'll get back to being a high-tier QB this year?

My top four picks were Gronk (hasn't played), AP (two horrible games, now injured and dropped), Alshon Jeffrey (only mildly disappointing), and Russell Wilson (banged up and having a bad year, now benched in favor of Matt Ryan). It's up to later picks and the waiver wire to give me any kind of chance. Right now I have:
QB: Matt Ryan, bench has Russell Wilson
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin; bench has DeSean Jackson, Tyler Lockett
RB: Latavius Murray, LeGarrette Blount; bench has Jerrick McKinnon, Matt Jones
TE: Jason Witten. bench: Gronk (please get healthy soon)
K: Dan Bailey (previously Haushka, who was getting no opportunities this year)
Def: Vikings (My team; I believe in their D and it's paid off, but this week will be tough against Car)

I'm thinking of dropping Russell Wilson as I'm going to need bench slots even more when bye weeks stars. What are the chances he'll get back to being a high-tier QB this year?
I'd drop Lockett before dropping Wilson, especially if you are just in a 2 WR and FLEX league. Plus you'll need someone to fill in for Ryan, but you still have Jackson/Benji for fillins for Jeffery/Matthews. But I'd try to possibly trade both for a WR2/3 or RB2/3 type player if possible. Doesn't sound like you need the space yet, so wouldn't hurt to try and get SOMETHING from Wilson

Have an offer for 1:1 offer - trade Deangelo Willaims, get Chris Ivory.

My other RBs are Ingram, Charles, Michael, Dwayne Washington, Artis-Payne.

Worth giving up one more great week and upside of Williams for a more consistent Ivory?
I traded him last week for Gordon.. I'd say trade him while the value is high

wbsmcs

i think you're the winner there! congrats.

so i just picked up pitta, think i should trade kelce? what would his value be you think?

not sure if i should stash Coleman for a late season pick me up....

I'm not sure Kelce has much value unless you find an owner who loves him. But if you have Pitta, and could get a usable RB/WR then go for it.

As for Coleman, I wouldn't waste a roster spot and things will definitely get more challenging with bye weeks approaching.

i think you're the winner there! congrats.

so i just picked up pitta, think i should trade kelce? what would his value be you think?

not sure if i should stash Coleman for a late season pick me up....
Thank you. And
I'm not sure Kelce has much value unless you find an owner who loves him. But if you have Pitta, and could get a usable RB/WR then go for it.

As for Coleman, I wouldn't waste a roster spot and things will definitely get more challenging with bye weeks approaching.
Basically this

Yup.. I'm trying to shop Kelce for Olsen in another league. Luckily, the guy has AP and since he just died.. I'm shopping Kelce and Lamar for Fatty Lacy and Olsen.. I have Cam as my QB which is another reason why I want to make the deal.

You won't get a lot of value for him unless some one is hard up for a TE. But you should get some value..

Now apparently Antonio Gates is injured and wont play this weekend. I don't have the room to pick up a back up TE but I'm gonna have to I guess. Maybe I'll go with *shrill voice* JACK DOYLE!!

natjjohn

Now apparently Antonio Gates is injured and wont play this weekend. I don't have the room to pick up a back up TE but I'm gonna have to I guess. Maybe I'll go with *shrill voice* JACK DOYLE!!

Thought it was just uncertain. Though I did bid aggressively to get Pitta as a back up.

Doyle's not bad. Would think game will be high scoring.

bigkrev

Which do you guys think is the better streamer this week- Tampa (vs LA) or Miami (vs CLE)? I feel Tampa is the better defense in real life but Miami is also good and god the Browns suck

Which do you guys think is the better streamer this week- Tampa (vs LA) or Miami (vs CLE)? I feel Tampa is the better defense in real life but Miami is also good and god the Browns suck

The only bad part about Miami's defense is that they seemingly cannot stop the run. Tampa's defense isn't great, but you saw what happened last time the Rams played someone on the road.

It's a toss-up, but I'd say Dolphins over Tampa because I think the Rams are going to find a way to get Gurley involved, and the Browns offense has been gutted.

To all Bell Owners or if you have Bell:

Hypothetically, If you were offered T. Brady, would you take the deal?

No, sir. Bell is one of if not the best back in the league. And if its PPR he catches a ton of balls too.

Brady is good, no doubt, but you can get similar or close numbers from other QBs. Bell is in a class of his own.

Tom Nook

Back to the Bell trade:

Lets say they add in Zeke to the package. So it's T.Brady + Zeke for Bell.

Is this over doing it?

Says someone who is 0-2.

this_guy

To all Bell Owners or if you have Bell:

Hypothetically, If you were offered T. Brady, would you take the deal?

No. Bell is far superior to other RBs (especially in ppr). Brady is good but I doubt he'll separate himself from other top QBs.

Back to the Bell trade:

Lets say they add in Zeke to the package. So it's T.Brady + Zeke for Bell.

It's this over doing it?

Says someone who is 0-2.

Still NO.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
thoughts on trading CoreyColeman for Enunwa or Agholor?

as of now it i can get by with mycurrent team till week 8 without needing a WR for bye, which coleman may be back for by then... granted obviously things change every week... i dunno.... i hate trades! hahaha

McBryBry

Alright, need advice. 3WR2RB with no flex, 10 team standard league.

I have an offer to get Melvin Gordon for Allen Robinson.

Other WR are Fitz, Decker, Watkins, Sharpe and Tyrell Williams. RB's are Miller, Sims, Crowell and Jennings.

Should I take it? I'm not liking ARob right now.

Other WR are Fitz, Decker, Watkins, Sharpe and Tyrell Williams. RB's are Miller, Sims, Crowell and Jennings.

Take it. I'm trying to shop him now.. I don't like how the Jaguars are looking

Can't decide between Jordan Matthews or Willie Snead in my PPR league. Another option is playing them both and benching Decker but I don't think that'd be very smart.

Tom Nook

I would it take it. Fitz and Decker are WR1 and WR2 respectively with Sharpe and TW are good flex options.

Allen will get back to WR1 number but maybe later in the season. You have Watkins who could be back to WR1 later in the season.

As for the RBs, Miller and Gordon is a good RB combo to have.

wbsmcs

thoughts on trading CoreyColeman for Enunwa or Agholor?

Will these guys be in your starting lineup or on your bench? Will Coleman be in your starting lineup when he comes back?

Coleman isn't going to be missing as much time as I thought (4-6 weeks). Let's say he misses 6 weeks and comes back for his week 9 game. Browns have a bye week 13, so you would get 4 weeks of Coleman before the fantasy playoffs start. If you think your team could hold it down until then, then Coleman is definitely the higher upside guy to go with. If you're struggling to start a WR/flex every week and it's PPR, Enunwa might be a good guy to go with.

Worst case scenario, you don't make the deal, Brandon Marshall goes down, Enunwa becomes a top25 WR, Coleman comes back but isn't the same because Brown's don't have a QB.

I wouldn't do this. ARob has been getting the targets and Melvin has been performing athis absolute ceiling. In a 3WR 2RB league there will be plenty of RBs to fill, and now that Sims is a starting RB for a couple weeks it doesn't make sense to trade your best WR for another RB. If you want to swap a WR for RB I would shop Fitz.

Can't decide between Jordan Matthews or Willie Snead in my PPR league. Another option is playing them both and benching Decker but I don't think that'd be very smart.

I'd go Snead. Atlanta secondary is non-existent. Wouldn't be surprised to see Brees throw for 500yards.

Top Bottom