• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Any suggestions on who to start for RB's this week? (ESPN 12 team standard)

Currently i'm starting Eddie Lacy and Charles Sims. My bench has Duke Johnson Jr, Alfred Morris, Mckinnon, Asiata and Dwayne Washington.)

My RB situation is pretty bad so i'm basically playing the lottery and hoping one of the RB's on my bench becomes a winner.

Any suggestions on who to start for RB's this week? (ESPN 12 team standard)

Currently i'm starting Eddie Lacy and Charles Sims. My bench has Duke Johnson Jr, Alfred Morris, Mckinnon, Asiata and Dwayne Washington.)

My RB situation is pretty bad so i'm basically playing the lottery and hoping one of the RB's on my bench becomes a winner.

Stay with Sims and Lacy. At least they're starting while not sharing that many carries. I wouldn't go with either of the Vikings backs against Carolina.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't entirely sure(first year playing fantasy) and I pretty much got destroyed last week(scored ~55 points, lol)

I know how you feel. I have Lacy on a lot of my teams, and I'm almost ready to bench him. But I'll just about always play a starting RB vs backups that aren't heavily used.

I have Maclin/Decker/A. Cooper/TY Hilton w/Tyrell Williams on the bench. I was looking to improve my RBs (from M. Jones, E. Lacy and B. Powell), and the Charles Sims owner offered me Sims and Tajae Sharpe for Maclin.

Would you do it? I know Sims is going to be good only for 2/3 weeks, and Maclin is a low-end WR1/high-end WR2...but I'd be getting Sharpe (who has similar value to Maclin) and I still have Williams.

deadeye

Okay GAF, I've been pondering this decision for the last hour or so, and I need your help.

Should I or should I not play Julian Edelman tonight against the Texans?

I have him in two of my major leagues, both PPR.

In League 1 my replacement options would be either Stefon Diggs, or Sterling Shepard, which are not bad options. Leaning more towards Shepard since the Vikings are playing the Panthers.

In League 2 my option is Brandon Marshall, who may or may not play on Sunday due to the injury he got on Thursday last week against the Bills. The thing is if Marshall doesn't play then I would be stuck with picking someone off the waivers, which is very thin at this point.

Help me GAF!! And thanks.

NateDrake

Picked up Asiata for PPR league this morning since McKinnon and Fozzy went earlier. Doubt I'll start him this week though. Will run with Shady and Crowell I think.

wbsmcs

I have Maclin/Decker/A. Cooper/TY Hilton w/Tyrell Williams on the bench. I was looking to improve my RBs (from M. Jones, E. Lacy and B. Powell), and the Charles Sims owner offered me Sims and Tajae Sharpe for Maclin.

Would you do it? I know Sims is going to be good only for 2/3 weeks, and Maclin is a low-end WR1/high-end WR2...but I'd be getting Sharpe (who has similar value to Maclin) and I still have Williams.

Maclin is better than Sharpe. In your situation I would look to do a 1for1 as getting a WR you won't play isn't going to benefit you as much. You could afford losing a WR straight up, so go for the best RB you could get.

Okay GAF, I've been pondering this decision for the last hour or so, and I need your help.

Should I or should I not play Julian Edelman tonight against the Texans?

I have him in two of my major leagues, both PPR.

In League 1 my replacement options would be either Stefon Diggs, or Sterling Shepard, which are not bad options. Leaning more towards Shepard since the Vikings are playing the Panthers.

In League 2 my option is Brandon Marshall, who may or may not play on Sunday due to the injury he got on Thursday last week against the Bills. The thing is if Marshall doesn't play then I would be stuck with picking someone off the waivers, which is very thin at this point.

Help me GAF!! And thanks.

In league 1 I would go with Diggs. He's pretty much the best receiver Carolina will play thus far, and Blaine Gabbert was able to pass for 270 yards, so it's not like they are exactly a shut down your whole fantasy team defense.

League 2 is a tough one. Marshall is the far superior play if healthy. How do you think the week will shape up? Is it going to be a close match, or does it seem like your opponent is pretty weak? I am a bit weary of the Patriots QB play.

PPR I'll take the David Johnson side...non ppr...hmmm Watkins does scare me enough that I would maybe stick with the Gordon side.
And this is non ppr.. That's my dilemma. I have Decker, Tyrell Williams, Sterling Shepard, and Michael Thomas as my other WRs.

I'm hesitant to gamble on Watkins..

wbsmcs

.5 PPR league. Do I start Christine Michael vs SF or Mike Wallace @ JAX in my flex spot?

I would go Wallace here. They both have low floors, but Wallace will have a better chance for some TDs playing Jax.

And this is non ppr.. That's my dilemma. I have Decker, Tyrell Williams, Sterling Shepard, and Michael Thomas as my other WRs.

I'm hesitant to gamble on Watkins..

I wouldn't take the gamble then...it's not like you're trying to buy low on Watkins. Those are some marquee players you're giving up.

Maclin is better than Sharpe. In your situation I would look to do a 1for1 as getting a WR you won't play isn't going to benefit you as much. You could afford losing a WR straight up, so go for the best RB you could get.

Would your opinion change if I was offered Ware?

deadeye

In league 1 I would go with Diggs. He's pretty much the best receiver Carolina will play thus far, and Blaine Gabbert was able to pass for 270 yards, so it's not like they are exactly a shut down your whole fantasy team defense.

League 2 is a tough one. Marshall is the far superior play if healthy. How do you think the week will shape up? Is it going to be a close match, or does it seem like your opponent is pretty weak? I am a bit weary of the Patriots QB play.

It's going to be a close matchup based on projections. I'm already 0-2 in League 2, so I need this win to get on track. Marshall would be a definite play but the uncertainty of his health and a Thursday night game for Elderman is killing me. I just can't decide.

wbsmcs

It's going to be a close matchup based on projections. I'm already 0-2 in League 2, so I need this win to get on track. Marshall would be a definite play but the uncertainty of his health and a Thursday night game for Elderman is killing me. I just can't decide.

No other WR on your bench? Who's on waivers?

I could see Edelman not even breaking 50 yards, where as Marshall seems like a lock for 100yards and a TD if he plays.

Marshall has only missed 8 games in 11 years. He's one tough MF.

I could see Edelman not even breaking 50 yards, where as Marshall seems like a lock for 100yards and a TD if he plays.

The upside for Edelman is really if Belicheck uses him in some QB packages. Trick plays or outright lining him up. It's possible. But of course the floor is near zero, really depends what Brissett can do and if Gronk is active.

I'd probably just play Marshall knowing you won't have clarity until just before gametime. It's a gamble, but the upside is good.

deadeye

Marshall has only missed 8 games in 11 years. He's one tough MF.

The upside for Edelman is really if Belicheck uses him in some QB packages. Trick plays or outright lining him up. It's possible. But of course the floor is near zero, really depends what Brissett can do and if Gronk is active.

I'd probably just play Marshall knowing you won't have clarity until just before gametime. It's a gamble, but the upside is good.

No, my team is mostly RB heavy. Been trying to make a trade but no go so far. My other 2 WRs are Allen Robinson and Jordan Matthews which are both starting. In this league we start 3 WRs, and 2 RBs.

The top 3 projected WRs on the waivers are Terrelle Pryor Sr, Golden Tate, and Vincent Jackson.

I think I am going to just wait on Marshall, big risk, but even bigger reward, and if he doesn’t play just grab whoever last minute.

wbsmcs

No, my team is mostly RB heavy. Been trying to make a trade but no go so far. My other 2 WRs are Allen Robinson and Jordan Matthews which are both starting. In this league we start 3 WRs, and 2 RBs.

The top 3 projected WRs on the waivers are Terrelle Pryor Sr, Golden Tate, and Vincent Jackson.

I think I am going to just wait on Marshall, big risk, but even bigger reward, and if he doesn’t play just grab whoever last minute.

Oh, if Marshall can't go, Tate is a good play. I know people are down on him but he is due for some positive regression. I would pick him up regardless.

toneroni

Have it real bad in one league after losing Woodhead.
Who should I suit up as RB2? (PPR)
White / Rawls (lol) / McCluster / or Asiata?
Ajayi, Fozzie, J.Howard on Waivers as well. I think Howard is the only one with a decent chance rest of season.
Is Dion Lewis droppable for one of those also? I drafted him before his return was pushed back and have been holding on (missing out on cmike and ware along the way).

wbsmcs

Have it real bad in one league after losing Woodhead.
Who should I suit up as RB2? (PPR)
White / Rawls (lol) / McCluster / or Asiata?
Ajayi / Fozzie / J.Howard on Waivers as well
Is Dion Lewis droppable for one of those also? I drafted him before his return was pushed back and have been holding on (missing out on cmike and ware along the way).

I would dump McCluster and Lewis and pick up Fozzie and Howard. Probably start Fozzie this week as he could have the bulk of the carries. Howard could be the starter soon as the Bears staff isn't too fond of Langford.

Depends if you really need that spot. realistically, you probably won't see him on the field again until after the Patriots week 9 bye. That is a long time to wait around if you need that bench spot open

Joe

RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Giovani Bernard

WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Kelvin Benjamin

Flex: Willie Snead

-----------------------------------------------
BN-RB: Dwayne Washington
BN-RB: Tevin Coleman (Pending)
BN-RB: Le'Veon Bell (Suspended)

BN-WR: Demaryius Thomas
BN-WR: Jeremy Maclin
BN-WR: Markus Wheaton

What do you think of this starting line-up?

I'm wondering if I should take a chance on Dwayne Washington over Bernard, and if I should sit ARob until he shows he can put some points up.

wbsmcs

RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Giovani Bernard

WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Kelvin Benjamin

Flex: Willie Snead

BN-RB: Dwayne Washington
BN-RB: Tevin Coleman (Pending)
BN-RB: Le'Veon Bell (Suspended)

BN-WR: Demaryius Thomas
BN-WR: Jeremy Maclin
BN-WR: Markus Wheaton

What do you think of this starting line-up?

I'm wondering if I should take a chance on Dwayne Washington over Bernard, and if I should sit ARob until he shows he can put some points up.

I would keep your lineup the way it is. Only change I would possibly make is Coleman over Bernard as there will be a lot of scoring in the NO/Atl matchup.

Don't overthink Robinson. Start your studs or you'll miss out on their good games. I still think it's too early to panic with him.

Should I play Matt Ryan or Russell Wilson?

I'm going Matt Ryan. Expecting big things against the Saints, and Russ is still hobbled.

toneroni

I would dump McCluster and Lewis and pick up Fozzie and Howard. Probably start Fozzie this week as he could have the bulk of the carries. Howard could be the starter soon as the Bears staff isn't too fond of Langford.

Depends if you really need that spot. realistically, you probably won't see him on the field again until after the Patriots week 9 bye. That is a long time to wait around if you need that bench spot open

Thanks guys. Think I'm going to follow some of the advice. Bench spots are at a premium since its a 2QB league.

Originally wanted to stash Lewis since my team was #1 and imploded during playoffs last year (winner picked up D. Will). My 0-2 start is making me think otherwise.
Picked up McCluster just for the PPR appeal (and to be ahead of the curve) but think he'll need to learn the playbook and personnel a bit - and he's never been fantasy relevant.

I'm currently mulling over if I want to take the hit keeping KC in or if I should snag either Dallas or TB D. Neither are good defenses but their match ups are so tempting.

Pick 3:

Fuller, Green, Cooks, Landry, Maclin

You don't been AJ man, and Cooks is playing at home (where Brees does markedly better). Both of them should be started, period. After that, it's pretty much between Fuller and Maclin. Kinda up to how you feel about them at that point (I'd pick Fuller), but either one is fine

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Pick 3:

Fuller, Green, Cooks,Landry, Maclin

tough choices:

i want to say green, because he's a stud. but i've played AB numerous times in similar situations and it usually never works out.

landry will obv do well, until they are up i think. could be an RB show.

maclin - alex smith wasnt too hot last week, but maclin on revis has potential

cooks - i see no problems with other than too many other targets on team...atl could be a shootout though

fuller - why not roll the dice?

i'd go with Cooks, Maclin, Fuller I think...

Is Gronk ruled out for tonight ?

He's going to play. The real question is how good will he be with this QB AND just coming back from injury? I probably wouldn't be concerned about the latter but the former is enough for me to keep him benched in the league I have him. Of course that league is a for fun teaching league where I decided to experiment with Gronk and Reed as my primary receivers haha

He's going to play. The real question is how good will he be with this QB AND just coming back from injury? I probably wouldn't be concerned about the latter but the former is enough for me to keep him benched in the league I have him. Of course that league is a for fun teaching league where I decided to experiment with Gronk and Reed as my primary receivers haha

Oh, I'm starting Bennett myself tonight. Not much choice given Gates, but I figure Marty is the healthier TE...

Joe

I would keep your lineup the way it is. Only change I would possibly make is Coleman over Bernard as there will be a lot of scoring in the NO/Atl matchup.

Don't overthink Robinson. Start your studs or you'll miss out on their good games. I still think it's too early to panic with him.

I'm going Matt Ryan. Expecting big things against the Saints, and Russ is still hobbled.
Solid advice, thanks.

Top Bottom