• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Tom Nook

Standard league, non-ppr

Pick 3 of 4

Nelson vs DET
M Jones vs GB
Landry vs CLE
Diggs vs CAR

Currently starting Nelson, Jones and Landry but still conflicted between Landry and Diggs.

Thanks.

nillapuddin

fuck guys I just realized I have a stake in tonight

Will Fuller at NE (in 15 minutes)

or

Tajae Sharpe vs OAK

Im leaning Fuller, just wondering if anyone has a quick hit

bigkrev

I'm not angry that I started Gronk (because if you own him you are starting him any time he suits up, no questions asked), I just wish he would get at least more than 1 *target* this whole game

BradC00

please feast in garbage time fuller so I don't have to spend 1800 to get all of GAFs yahoo fantasy accounts and bench everyone.

nillapuddin

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive and all my electronics are unharmed.

I blame no one, I was def leaning Fuller all the way, if he just got one big catch I knew itd be worth it .... he didnt.

Gostowski outscored Fuller.
fml.

have no idea whats in store for me this weekend
cpsKMWu.png

FTF

Made a terrible decision putting Gronk in last minute when I saw he was active. Luckily got 20pts from Pats D to somewhat make up for it.

UberTag

Made a terrible decision putting Gronk in last minute when I saw he was active. Luckily got 20pts from Pats D to somewhat make up for it.
It's tough to bench Gronk given his pedigree. You shouldn't beat yourself up over it too much.

I told you guys on this very page you can't depend on this QB to get Gronk the ball and I was keeping him benched ;) Doesn't matter how talented a skill player is if the QB can't get them the ball.

Give me one reason why all the pundits saying "don't drop Peterson until he's officially IR" are giving good advice about a 31 y/o RB who's on like his fourth knee injury with a 4-month recovery time.

Seriously, anyone else about to drop him?

Cappa

Banned
Give me one reason why all the pundits saying "don't drop Peterson until he's officially IR" are giving good advice about a 31 y/o RB who's on like his fourth knee injury with a 4-month recovery time.

Seriously, anyone else about to drop him?
Are you going to drop him for someone that is actually going to be a starter on your team? Or is going to sit on your bench anyways?

Hold on to ap for a playoff push unless you need the spot to fill an immediate need. Just doesn't make sense to drop if you're picking up someone you'll never use anyway

It's tough to bench Gronk given his pedigree. You shouldn't beat yourself up over it too much.
This.. It's a not a bad call for the right reasons.. It just didn't work out this week.

Would you trade away maclin c. Michael and Dwyane allen

For...

Greg olsen and Philip dorsett?
No. And I love Greg Olsen on my fantasy teams and traded for him in both of mine to get him back.

Team (14 team league)

Carr
A. Robinson
Maclin
D. Jackson
J. Gordon
D. Funchess
Zeke
Cj anderson
C. Michael
D. Henry
S. Ware
K. Drake
D. Allen
Vikings d
B. Walsh

I also just got offered langford for d. Henry.

I'm hesitant. I'm not sure why.

McBryBry

Got two questions about one of my 10 team standard leagues. 3WR 2RB 1 TE 1 Flex.

1) I've got Hopkins, Marshall, Cobb, Floyd, Tyrell Williams and Quincy Enunwa at WR. Hopkins and Marshall are my 1 and 2. Who would you start at 3? I've also got Williams at flex.

2) my RB's are Latavius, Gore, Langford, Gio and AP (RIP). I need strength here. Who would you try to trade for in my position? I was considering making an offer for the injured Doug Martin. Might be able to get him for cheap and then be good when he's back.

Tom Nook

Team (14 team league)

Carr
A. Robinson
Maclin
D. Jackson
J. Gordon
D. Funchess
Zeke
Cj anderson
C. Michael
D. Henry
S. Ware
K. Drake
D. Allen
Vikings d
B. Walsh

I also just got offered langford for d. Henry.

I'm hesitant. I'm not sure why.

Don't take it.

Langford could be in the dog house with that fumble.

Got two questions about one of my 10 team standard leagues. 3WR 2RB 1 TE 1 Flex.

1) I've got Hopkins, Marshall, Cobb, Floyd, Tyrell Williams and Quincy Enunwa at WR. Hopkins and Marshall are my 1 and 2. Who would you start at 3? I've also got Williams at flex.

2) my RB's are Latavius, Gore, Langford, Gio and AP (RIP). I need strength here. Who would you try to trade for in my position? I was considering making an offer for the injured Doug Martin. Might be able to get him for cheap and then be good when he's back.
Cobb because I think Green Bay bounces back and the Lions secondary is trash.

Problem with Martin is that the schedule gets harder for the Bucs when he comes back.

Tom Nook

um.... weird.... is it a PPR? Try to find room for Maclin yeah.....

I wish I was in leagues where guys like Maclin are on waivers lol.

It is a 10 team std non ppr league.

I'm guessing with all these RBs getting hurt, WRs are at inflation. LOL

UncleMeat

Who do you guys like for a survivor pool in week 3? I think I'm down to either Green Bay at home against Detroit or Arizona on the road in Buffalo. I've already picked Carolina and Seattle.

Miami is the big favorite but I don't trust an 0-2 team. Also, my philosophy is to never save teams, I try to pick the most obvious game every week and just survive as long as possible.

wbsmcs

Who do you guys like for a survivor pool in week 3? I think I'm down to either Green Bay at home against Detroit or Arizona on the road in Buffalo. I've already picked Carolina and Seattle.

Miami is the big favorite but I don't trust an 0-2 team. Also, my philosophy is to never save teams, I try to pick the most obvious game every week and just survive as long as possible.

I would not go Arizona, just because an 0-2 Buffalo at home scares me. Purely anecdotal, but I feel like they tend to win those games more often than not.

I know Miami is 0-2, but I can't see Cleveland winning on the road with some random new QB.

Dallas and Tampa seem like good picks to me too. Cutler out for the Bears, and their OL is horrible. Dallas D is going to wreck Hoyer.

I have Eric Decker and Fitzmagic and someone wants them for Luck and T.Y Hilton..

Take the deal or no?

This isn't as much of a sure thing as people might think. Luck has been spotty since 2014 and Hilton simply never scores. Decker doesn't get a ton of receptions but he's almost a lock for 10+ touchdowns. But Moncrief is out for a month so Hilton might get some more looks.

I probably would do the trade based on the possibility of Luck finding his stride. Fitz is a very solid quarterback, very middle of the road but Luck is elite when he's firing (or when the Colts are down two score). Try and deal a different receiver for Hilton. I actually like Decker a lot.

This isn't as much of a sure thing as people might think. Luck has been spotty since 2014 and Hilton simply never scores. Decker doesn't get a ton of receptions but he's almost a lock for 10+ touchdowns. But Moncrief is out for a month so Hilton might get some more looks.

I probably would do the trade based on the possibility of Luck finding his stride. Fitz is a very solid quarterback, very middle of the road but Luck is elite when he's firing (or when the Colts are down two score). Try and deal a different receiver for Hilton. I actually like Decker a lot.
I don't think he will.. He wants Decker and i can maybe use Luck or Russell as trade bait possibly in case any other starting QB gets hurt.. I have a feeling someone else will unfortunately..

I also like Decker too.. He's solid :(

I don't think he will.. He wants Decker and i can maybe use Luck or Russell as trade bait possibly in case any other starting QB gets hurt.. I have a feeling someone else will unfortunately..

I also like Decker too.. He's solid :(

So Russell is your starting quarterback now with Fitz riding the bench?

wbsmcs

I just want to point out, since the start of 2014, TY Hilton's stats in games that Luck played

Luck plays (24 games), Hilton has a 16 game pace of: 1342yards, 82 receptions, and 6 touchdowns

Luck doesn't play (9 games), Hilton has a 16 game pace of: 1024 yards, 68 receptions, 4 touchdowns.

Another smaller split...in 2 games that Moncrief didn't play, Hilton averaged 10.5 targetsand 155 yards.

Talamius

Interesting situation in my work league (14 team 1 pt PPR, auction for players on waivers) :

Antonio Gates just hit the wire. My current TE situation is Dwayne Allen and recently picked up Clive Walford for $3.

Yes, I know he's injured but the temptation is strong. If I pull the trigger, who should I let go of?

natjjohn

Interesting situation in my work league (14 team 1 pt PPR, auction for players on waivers) :

Antonio Gates just hit the wire. My current TE situation is Dwayne Allen and recently picked up Clive Walford for $3.

Yes, I know he's injured but the temptation is strong. If I pull the trigger, who should I let go of?

I'd ditch walford

Is Markus Wheaton worth picking up? Available in both my 12-team .5 PPR leagues. Is he a candidate to break out at all, Steeler fans?

Would be dropping the likes of Michael Thomas and Nelson Agholor.

12 team standard

Any suggestions on who to put in the flex spot this weekend?

Jordan Matthews v Pit
Tyrell Williams @ Ind
Dwayne Washington @Gb
Jerrick McKinnon @Car

I was thinking of either Jordan Matthews or Tyrell Williams since Washington is still kind of a question mark at this point and I don't think the vikings are going to be able to do so well against the Panthers this week.

wbsmcs

Is Markus Wheaton worth picking up? Available in both my 12-team .5 PPR leagues. Is he a candidate to break out at all, Steeler fans?

Would be dropping the likes of Michael Thomas and Nelson Agholor.

I would say no. I like Thomas' upside more, and Agholor has been looking decent and should put up semi-respectable numbers if he can fix his drops issues.

12 team standard

Any suggestions on who to put in the flex spot this weekend?

Jordan Matthews v Pit
Tyrell Williams @ Ind
Dwayne Washington @Gb
Jerrick McKinnon @Car

I was thinking of either Jordan Matthews or Tyrell Williams since Washington is still kind of a question mark at this point and I don't think the vikings are going to be able to do so well against the Panthers this week.

Go with Matthews. The guy is getting the targets and is the number one receiver. Every one else there is a question mark.

Top Bottom