• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Are you going to drop him for someone that is actually going to be a starter on your team? Or is going to sit on your bench anyways?

Hold on to ap for a playoff push unless you need the spot to fill an immediate need. Just doesn't make sense to drop if you're picking up someone you'll never use anyway
That's a fair argument. My RBs are Crowell, Ivory, Fozzy (yay waiver wire), and AP.

My fantasy playoffs take place before the NFL playoffs, so unless he gets a bionic knee I don't think he's even going to make a difference. Were he like, 23 it'd be a different story, but the guy's old and his running style does not take care of the body.

wbsmcs

That's a fair argument. My RBs are Crowell, Ivory, Fozzy (yay waiver wire), and AP.

My fantasy playoffs take place before the NFL playoffs, so unless he gets a bionic knee I don't think he's even going to make a difference. Were he like, 23 it'd be a different story, but the guy's old and his running style does not take care of the body.

I would say drop. Someone like Jordan Howard is immensely more valuable to you at this point than AP.

ehhh..maybe wait a week or two. I wouldn't be surprised if Howard outscores Duke this week, but Howard's floor is 0, while Duke's is around 5.
All right.. So the question who do I put in the flex

Sammie Coates
Jacob Tamme
Davonte Adams
Dexter McCluster

That's my dilemma. I guess I'm leaning Tamme?

Need to choose a RB2 and a Flex position:

Eddie Lacy vs. Detroit
Spencer Ware vs. NYJ
Tevin Coleman vs. New Orleans
Allen Robinson vs. Baltimore

Lacy and Robinson are my studs, I'm just worried about the Packers not wanting to run the ball again and that Ravens defense being a bad matchup for Robinson

wbsmcs

Eddie Lacy vs. Detroit
Spencer Ware vs. NYJ

Allen Robinson for sure. And then I would say Ware, but I haven't liked Lacy the last couple years so I may be biased there.

Eddie Lacy vs. Detroit
Spencer Ware vs. NYJ

Lacy and Robinson are my studs, I'm just worried about the Packers not wanting to run the ball again and that Ravens defense being a bad matchup for Robinson

All signs point to GB feeding the ball more to Lacy this week.

Hazelhurst

I have Eric Decker and Fitzmagic and someone wants them for Luck and T.Y Hilton..

Take the deal or no?
I would do it, but I'm a fan of Luck. Luck has more potential than Fitz. However, Decker is more consistent and safer. So you're getting a big QB upgrade, but slight downgrade in receiver consistency. Like someone else said, Moncreif is out, so that hopefully means more production for Hilton. I'd do the deal personally.

Badosh

So, someone dropped Stewart. Should I drop any of my RBs to pick him up?

Anderson, Langford, McKinnon, Vereen, and Yeldon.

I know he's hurt, but only for a few weeks, yeah?

UberTag

So, someone dropped Stewart. Should I drop any of my RBs to pick him up?

Anderson, Langford, McKinnon, Vereen, and Yeldon.

I know he's hurt, but only for a few weeks, yeah?
You can't drop Anderson or McKinnon.

Langford is probably someone you should deal if possible rather than drop. Ideally to the Howard owner. Yeldon isn't talented but Ivory isn't exactly durable so he's probably worth keeping around unless you can only start 2 RBs weekly. Ditto for Vereen... although his value seems to be trending upwards with Jennings struggling - especially in PPR.

So my answer is drop Yeldon for him if you can only start 2 RBs weekly. I'm not sure I'd drop anyone else. Possibly Vereen in a Standard league where you can only start 2 RBs.

Badosh

You can't drop Anderson or McKinnon.

Langford is probably someone you should deal if possible rather than drop. Ideally to the Howard owner. Yeldon isn't talented but Ivory isn't exactly durable so he's probably worth keeping around unless you can only start 2 RBs weekly. Ditto for Vereen... although his value seems to be trending upwards with Jennings struggling - especially in PPR.

So my answer is drop Yeldon for him if you can only start 2 RBs weekly. I'm not sure I'd drop anyone else. Possibly Vereen in a Standard league where you can only start 2 RBs.

Thanks, yeah I wouldn't drop Anderson or McKinnon, the other three I don't care much for at the moment. It's Full Point PPR, 2 RBs and a Flex, but my WRs are stacked, so I don't see myself ever starting a RB in my flex.

EDIT: I'll drop Yeldon for him.

Joe

Is it safe to drop Markus Wheaton? I need a roster spot and I have Maclin and D.Thomas on the bench already.

From Rotoworld:
PennLive's Jacob Klinger reports Markus Wheaton (shoulder) will rotate with Sammie Coates and Darrius Heyward-Bey opposite Antonio Brown.

Wheaton was slated to be the clear No. 2 to open the season, but a sprained right shoulder kept him out the first two weeks. Now he is returning to a timeshare. "I mean coming in I kind of wanted to take over that role, but things happen," Wheaton said. "Things happen and all I can do is get better now and keep continuing to grow." Splitting snaps, Wheaton is not worth using even in a decent matchup this week, but he could establish himself as the clear starter with a strong showing. Sep 24 - 9:22 AM

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
God damnit - fckin Snead is mfckn GTD for mnf....ppr

So I can risk it as my flex, or play gio Bernard vs den at 1 or Kelce at 4....

Opinions...

Good luck everyone tom!!!

Tom Nook

TE help. Standard league

If D. Walker can't play, who's the better alternate?

Fleener vs ATL
Walford vs TEN
J. James vs PHI
Macdonald vs SEA

I'm leaning on Fleener being the game could be a shootout.

Hazelhurst

TE help. Standard league

Fleener vs ATL
Walford vs TEN
J. James vs PHI
Macdonald vs SEA

Fleener has the best/safest situation of those four. Also, keep Hunter Henry (Chargers TE) in mind if Gates doesn't play. He could be a nice sleeper.

General opinions on starting two WRs from the same team a la OBJ and Victor Cruz this week. Yay or nay?

Also in a full point PPR-Duke Johnson Jr or Artis-Payne

General opinions on starting two WRs from the same team a la OBJ and Victor Cruz this week. Yay or nay?

Usually, you don't want to play two players from the same position and team because you want your players to score big without being detrimental to the other. If OBJ is scoring, that means Cruz isn't and that's not a good thing. Some times it works out but it isn't a sound strat. So nay for me.

Joe

I have Willie Snead on my team and I'm torn on if I should plan my lineup without him or format it so I can put him in on Monday

Scenario 1:
Plan ahead without Snead and fill the flex with Maclin
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Tevin Coleman

Flex: Jeremy Maclin

Scenario 2:
Stick Tevin in flex who can then be switched for Snead at last minute but that means I must start Bernard
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Giovani Bernard

Flex: Tevin Coleman or Willie Snead

Torn. So torn. Maybe I'm just undervaluing Bernard? Any idea on what you would do?

TE help. Standard league

Fleener vs ATL
Walford vs TEN
J. James vs PHI
Macdonald vs SEA

I dropped Fleener earlier in the week so he is going off this weekend.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Rivers or Ryan for QB this week?
Ryan

I have Willie Snead on my team and I'm torn on if I should plan my lineup without him or format it so I can put him in on Monday

Scenario 1:
Plan ahead without Snead and fill the flex with Maclin

Scenario 2:
Stick Tevin in flex who can then be switched for Snead at last minute but that means I must start Bernard

Id go scenario 2 i think

natjjohn

I need two RBs, PPR.

Fozzy Whitaker
Spencer Ware
T.J. Yeldon
Matt Asiata

Sterling and Maclin. Norman can't cover every receiver.

Ware.
Whitaker

I have Sterling and Maclin in now. Sims is looking more attractive but will stick with the WRs. Hopkins gave me a dud so need support from my other guys

Question on flex and RB.

RBs
CJ Anderson
Demarco Murray
Melvin Gordon

WRs
ODB
Mike Evans
Travis Benjamin

I start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex

At the moment I have CJ and Demarco as RBs with ODB and Evans at WR. Gordon is my flex. For some reason I'm hung up on leaving Benjamin on the bench after his outburst last week. Also, Rivers is my QB.

gutshot

Question on flex and RB.

RBs
CJ Anderson
Demarco Murray
Melvin Gordon

WRs
ODB
Mike Evans
Travis Benjamin

I start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex

At the moment I have CJ and Demarco as RBs with ODB and Evans at WR. Gordon is my flex. For some reason I'm hung up on leaving Benjamin on the bench after his outburst last week. Also, Rivers is my QB.

I'd stick with what you have. Need Benjamin to show he can do this on a consistent basis before I would think about starting him over a bell cow back in the flex.

Beach

Kenyan Drake is starting for the Dolphins against the Browns today by the way.

Who would you guys pick for an RB2 this week

Rashad Jennings, Shane Vareen, Jarick McKinnon, or Kenyan Drake

Saganator

Ugh, help me GAF!

I can't decide between Brandon Marshall, TY Hilton, Victor Cruz, and Quincy Enunwa. At the moment I have Brandon Marshall in FLEX.

I have Julio Jones in at WR1 and Sterling Shepard at WR2, who should I play at FLEX? I'd probably be willing to replace Sterling at WR2 if someone can give me a compelling argument.

Iceman829

I just saw Rashad Jennings is out today and my backup is Jeremy Hill from Cleveland. My other RB is David Johnson. There's a few RBs on waivers including Shave Vereen, Matt Jones and Theo Riddick. I'm leaning towards picking up Theo Riddick

Also for WR/Flex I can take 4 of the following: Jordy Nelson, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones Jr, TY Hilton, Jeremy Maclin, Strling Shepard, Victor Cruz

Gran Puma

Neo Member
Can't decide who I should flex this week.

Baldwin
Whittaker
Hyde
Duke Johnson

I don't trust Hyde against Seattle and Whittaker is splitting reps with CAP.

I would start Baldwin but Russel is hurt...

Alright, I need advice too.

PPR League.

RB: Giovani Bernard or Shane Vereen
TE: Delanie Walker or Trey Burton
FLEX: Tyler Lockett OR Jamison Crowder OR the RB that I don't use

Milabrega

fep: In PPR you start Quincy in your flex with the Marshall news, have no clue on RB.

Iceman829: No reason not to pick up Theo, especially if its PPR. He's the guy there and Dwayne hasn't proven anything yet. 4 starters is rough, I would rule out Cruz start Shepard in his place.

Gran Puma: Hyde is your only guy sure to get the reps, Baldwin is TD dependent. Rule out Fozzy, splitting time with CAP and Cam should also count as a rusher in that offense plus they are verse the Vikings D today. Crow was listed as the guy on the Browns wouldn't trust Duke unless it was PPR.

captmcblack: No clue, both should be good options in what could be a high scoring game. Moncrief is out though at Indy which makes TY the guy, where as Williams is behind Travis Benjamin in SD. Even though Gates and now Woodhead is out those targets got to go somewhere.

My own question, start one WR and one flex out of in standard Non-ppr:

Sterling Shep, Devante Parker, Jordan Matthews, Quincy Enunwa, Charles Sims and Crow.

Beach

RB: Shady, Ryan Mathews, Ware, Christine Michael

WR: Tyrell Williams, Enunwa

PPR, choose an RB and a Flex.

Ware and Michael

I just saw Rashad Jennings is out today and my backup is Jeremy Hill from Cleveland. My other RB is David Johnson. There's a few RBs on waivers including Shave Vereen, Matt Jones and Theo Riddick. I'm leaning towards picking up Theo Riddick

Also for WR/Flex I can take 4 of the following: Jordy Nelson, Jarvis Landry, Marvin Jones Jr, TY Hilton, Jeremy Maclin, Strling Shepard, Victor Cruz

Jordy, Landry, TY, Sterling

Would you start Tyrell Williams over TY Hilton today?

TY will get a ton of targets. Just hope Verret is not over him. I'd go with TY still

Can't decide who I should flex this week.

Baldwin
Whittaker
Hyde
Duke Johnson

I don't trust Hyde against Seattle and Whittaker is splitting reps with CAP.

I would start Baldwin but Russel is hurt...

Baldwin

Alright, I need advice too.

PPR League.

RB: Giovani Bernard or Shane Vereen
TE: Delanie Walker or Trey Burton
FLEX: Tyler Lockett OR Jamison Crowder OR the RB that I don't use

Vareen, Burton, and Gio

Ugh, help me GAF!

I can't decide between Brandon Marshall, TY Hilton, Victor Cruz, and Quincy Enunwa. At the moment I have Brandon Marshall in FLEX.

I have Julio Jones in at WR1 and Sterling Shepard at WR2, who should I play at FLEX? I'd probably be willing to replace Sterling at WR2 if someone can give me a compelling argument.

RB: Shady, Ryan Mathews, Ware, Christine Michael

WR: Tyrell Williams, Enunwa

PPR, choose an RB and a Flex.

Enunwa at FLEX for both of you because Marshall will probably be on a snap count. If that happens, it boosts both Decker & Enunwa. (I have him, but I don't have a spot for him at FLEX sadly since Decker's already on my crew and you don't wanna double up like that

Vereen is likely Rashad's replacement, so you may want to bounce his way.

I like Nelson over everybody there

fep

My own question, start one WR and one flex out of in standard Non-ppr:

Sterling Shep, Devante Parker, Jordan Matthews, Quincy Enunwa, Charles Sims and Crow.

I'd start J Matt and Shep or Enunwa. Wentz has thrown it to Matthews often and gives him looks in the end zone... he just needs to catch the damn balls, ha.

nillapuddin

I'm gunna be on a plane during the first games, I'm feeling confident about my lineup but let me know what yall think

qsZ7K7Nl.jpg

Bench
Drake vs CLE

DT @ CIN
Sharpe vs OAK

Barnidge @ MIA
Pitta @ JAX

Fuller was a mistake : / But I think I got the right guys plugged in.

DKehoe

Hey guys, I've currently got Eric Decker in my Flex spot but when comparing their projected scoring I was considering swapping in Isaiah Crowell. What do people think?

Milabrega

Hey guys, I've currently got Eric Decker in my Flex spot but when comparing their projected scoring I was considering swapping in Isaiah Crowell. What do people think?

Start Decker. He has the higher floor, even with Crowell having a decent match up. Especially if its PPR.

Top Bottom