• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

DKehoe

Start Decker. He has the higher floor, even with Crowell having a decent match up. Especially if its PPR.

What's PPR? Sorry, I'm new to this.

I had just been reading that Crowell is expected to get a bigger role in this game but then when looking into it, it seems that its also the case for Decker. Being able to ask GAF's advice for this stuff is really handy.

Saganator

Fuuuck I have Gates and Delanie Walker :(

Enunwa at FLEX for both of you because Marshall will probably be on a snap count. If that happens, it boosts both Decker & Enunwa. (I have him, but I don't have a spot for him at FLEX sadly since Decker's already on my crew and you don't wanna double up like that

Really, so Enunwa over TY Hilton at Flex? not PPR

Langford didn't do shit last game and I'm thinking of putting P. Dorsett in the flex spot instead since Moncrief is out, thoughts?

Also trying to figure out a defense, kinda stuck between Dallas and Oakland. I know Oakland hasn't done much, but they were against competent offenses, which the Titans are not. Those seem to be my best options with what is available at defense. Minnesota is available, but I don't wanna risk that against the Panthers. There's also the Jets, but I'd be playing against myself a little bit since I have Maclin....whom I'm also ready to bench.

Not a PPR league btw.

Edit: Oh shit, I forgot that Russell Wilson is hurt...that kind of makes me tempted to try the 49'ers defense too, but you never know with the Seahawks.

What's PPR? Sorry, I'm new to this.

I had just been reading that Crowell is expected to get a bigger role in this game but then when looking into it, it seems that its also the case for Decker. Being able to ask GAF's advice for this stuff is really handy.

Points per reception. Get a point for every player that catches a pass.

Decker is usually reliable to put up good-to-great stats, and maybe even more so today since Brandon Marshall is injured. The Dolphins are likely going to be stacking up against the run all day.

Also trying to figure out a defense, kinda stuck between Dallas and Oakland. I know Oakland hasn't done much, but they were against competent offenses, which the Titans are not. Those seem to be my best options with what is available at defense. Minnesota is available, but I don't wanna risk that against the Panthers. There's also the Jets, but I'd be playing against myself a little bit since I have Maclin....whom I'm also ready to bench.

I'd drop the Raiders defense, go with the Cowboys tonight, and pick up the Vikings without question. That's a top 5 defense.

My question is, do I go with Willie Snead tomorrow night on the hopes that he'll play, or start Michael against the 49ers today?

Points per reception. Get a point for every player that catches a pass.

Decker is usually reliable to put up good-to-great stats, and maybe even more so today since Brandon Marshall is injured. The Dolphins are likely going to be stacking up against the run all day.

I'd drop the Raiders defense, go with the Cowboys tonight, and pick up the Vikings without question. That's a top 5 defense.

My question is, do I go with Willie Snead tomorrow night on the hopes that he'll play, or start Michael against the 49ers today?
Cool. Hoping the Cowboys do some work since that will now force me to take out Langford.

Would you guys start Ryan Mathews or Charles Sims? No ppr. I am leaning Sims because of matchup.

I'd stay with Sims. Matthews will probably split carries and snaps with Sproles. That, and the Rams run defense is way worse than Pittsburgh's.

Winston against LA
Or
Rivers against Ind

Hmm

That's a close one. Indy has no defense whatsoever, so I'd go with Rivers slightly over Winston.

Still need advice deciding between Snead tomorrow night, or Christine Michael today. Normally, I'd start Snead no questions asked, but he hasn't practiced all week long with a turf toe injury.

Joe

Man I'm waffling hard on my FLEX spot now, PPR -

Jamison Crowder v Giants
Giovani Bernard v Broncos

I don't know much but if you're interested I subscribe to Football Outsiders Weekly Fantasy Projections. This is their projections for Week 3 Standard PPR

Crowder: 8.8 pts
Bernard: 14.8 pts

Take it with a grain of salt, I have no idea how accurate they've been so far.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Still need advice deciding between Snead tomorrow night, or Christine Michael today. Normally, I'd start Snead no questions asked, but he hasn't practiced all week long with a turf toe injury.

id go christine michael - not worth the risk for snead. i am in the same spot...plus if snead does play, 1. he could aggrevate the injury, or 2. not get as heavy of a workload that he typically gets.

Joe

How come Blake Bortles don't want me man

3Xg2CU2.jpg

My defensive back: 3.5 points

All my offensive players including the bench: 2.1 points(1 QB,3 WR's, 3 RB's)

What a miserable start to this day so far. Oh and did I mention that I wasn't paying attention to my fantasy team recently and had no idea Sammy wasn't going to play? Well I did that and left him in the starting line up :(

fep

id go christine michael - not worth the risk for snead. i am in the same spot...plus if snead does play, 1. he could aggrevate the injury, or 2. not get as heavy of a workload that he typically gets.

With both Rawls and one of the other Seattle RBs declared inactive, I'd go with Christine Michael. I have cmike in my flex and I don't think I can start Enunwa over him

Very glad I played Shady, almost caved to the anti-Bill narrative. Week 3 is still too early to straight give up on teams (except the Browns). Week 4 though, lol.

McBryBry

Mariota: 2.64
Fitz: 0.30
Sharpe: 0.60
Miami "lol Cleveland" defence: 7 and falling

Up against Aaron Rodgers.

Hopkins: 5.60
Cobb: 3.30
Catanzaro: 1

Against AB, Jones Jr, McCoy.

Hello, 0-3 in both of my leagues. Because playing matchups toooooootally pays off. Play Mariota over Wilson! Fitz is always good! Sharpe is against the Oakland defense! Cobb and the Packers will come back this week!

I think I'm learning to absolutely hate fantasy football in my first season. Its currently ruining the third Sunday in a row for me.

t-ramp

Might have to start Terrelle Pryor starting next week, seems he's getting pretty involved in their game plan. Hopefully Gordon's return won't hurt his productivity, though.

Also, I'm really glad I drafted DeMarco Murray, he's been great.

NateDrake

I have Cam and Kelvin. I couldn't see the game here, but watching those scores was depressing, I'm looking at half the points i had last week. Eh, at least the Broncos took out Cincy...
I have Olsen and Kelvin. Was up against Cam. But Marvin Jones destroyed me with 45pts.

kris.

Banned
lmao Christine Michael is sitting on my bench atm while im playing Carlos Hyde

i sat Matt Stafford while i played Derek Carr

59 points just chillin on my bench right now while i get slaughtered

i hate this game sometimes

I don't know much but if you're interested I subscribe to Football Outsiders Weekly Fantasy Projections. This is their projections for Week 3 Standard PPR

Crowder: 8.8 pts
Bernard: 14.8 pts

Take it with a grain of salt, I have no idea how accurate they've been so far.

*eagerly punching Joe*

UncleMeat

I would not go Arizona, just because an 0-2 Buffalo at home scares me. Purely anecdotal, but I feel like they tend to win those games more often than not.

I know Miami is 0-2, but I can't see Cleveland winning on the road with some random new QB.

Dallas and Tampa seem like good picks to me too. Cutler out for the Bears, and their OL is horrible. Dallas D is going to wreck Hoyer.

Great tip. I originally had Arizona but you scared me away. I survived with Miami who should've lost had Cleveland not reached down deep to pull a them out of the bag.

Badosh

Down 67-117 right now, with Matt Ryan, Cooks, Santos and Dez to play vs their D Williams. It's possible, but eh, don't like my chances.

Top Bottom