• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Joe

The Chiefs Defense put 33 35 points up on me.

I'm convinced that fantasy football is, at best, 50% skill and 50% luck.

Fucking chiefs defence. I'm on pace to lose 112 -114 because of this Bullshit!!

It also doesn't help that I lost Adrian Peterson and my other running back is D'Angelo Williams.

I'm gonna get murdered next week and after...

Joe

Points Against is a bigger factor than Points For and you have no control over PA.

I'm 5th in PF but also 1st in PA and even though I have a high-scoring team I will be 0-3 after this week.

Joe

Been there except I was 1st in both and 0-3
Lol. I definitely exaggerate and say I would rage at something like that... I obviously wouldn't - it's just fantasy football. But it's definitely frustrating as heck.

Edit: All 3 of my opponents have had their best week of the season so far against me. Awesome.

I've had maybe my worst week in fantasy ever but I still have a chance because my opponents team shit the bed too. I need 75 yards from Alshon Jeffery to come back.

stash ryan Mathews or just drop him. I haven't found the courage to play him at all these past 3 weeks.

Also have DWill and Ware relinquishing their starting spots :/ So I'm stuck with just D.Murray and Blount right now...

Saganator

Thanks to Gronk, Roethlisberger, and Decker not doing shit, I actually have a chance to win, I should be getting destroyed.

rE4sKeM.png

Pretty much just need a decent game out of Brees, and Sneed not to do too much.

nillapuddin

Thanks to Gronk, Roethlisberger, and Decker not doing shit, I actually have a chance to win, I should be getting destroyed.

rE4sKeM.png

Pretty much just need a decent game out of Brees, and Sneed not to do too much.

wow you should be, good W this week for you

ty actually scored a td, big points

edit: second look, naw man you have a great team!

Wads

Banned
WTF are they doing with elliot? 3 rushing tds and he doesn't even get one of those carries? I need 6 points to win too.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
got my win this week. 2-1 now.

of course the week i sit kelce due to blaming him for never going off..he goes off..... luckily i'm fortunate enough to not need his points.

gio bernard didnt do too much today, but luckily it didnt bite me in the ass for playing him over risking snead on mnf

gonna drop my ravens D ( although theyve been doing great) vs. oak next week, hopefully stream vikings vs. nyg....im not very confident with the matchup, but i don't see many other great streaming matchups for available dst

Tom Nook

My opponent played all his players and I'm only down 19pts with M Ryan and Fleener left.

Do your job and don't fuck this up.

Fucking benched Hilton and Marvin Jones over Fuller and Fitzgerald, had a shitty day with Newton and still got the W. Big thank you to Eagles and Giants shit defence!

Darkman M

Kelvin without a catch really irks me and rasies some questions. Didn't play Minnesota D who ended up with 25 because of the match up, Hyde had 24 points on my bench. Only bright side is my number first pick Gurley finally showed a little light hope he can build off this.

Normally I wouldn't be upset when my fantasy team plays this bad but I'm going to probably be the lowest scorer this week (12 team league) and lose by 0.46 to the second lowest scorer this week. I rather get blown out than be this close even though I didn't deserve to win.

Looking good in one (up 30 and have Ingram, opponent has Matty Ice), but going to be a nail biter in the other. Down 23 (standard, non-PPR), opponent has no one left, and I have Cooks, Ingram, and either Tamme or Fleener. Bailing on the Chiefs D got me here, I'd have already won if I kept them but I foolishly bought into the new & improved G-men D. Shame.

I have a feeling it's going to come down to the tight end choice. Leaning towards Tamme now but I know the second I bench Fleener he'll put up 100 & 2 TDs. Who would y'all go with?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Looking good in one (up 30 and have Ingram, opponent has Matty Ice), but going to be a nail biter in the other. Down 23 (standard, non-PPR), opponent has no one left, and I have Cooks, Ingram, and either Tamme or Fleener. Bailing on the Chiefs D got me here, I'd have already won if I kept them but I foolishly bought into the new & improved G-men D. Shame.

I have a feeling it's going to come down to the tight end choice. Leaning towards Tamme now but I know the second I bench Fleener he'll put up 100 & 2 TDs. Who would y'all go with?

Go tamme! Too many mouths to feed in saints. Also if u want to play fleener atleast wait to see if snead is playong or not

Hoodbury

Sigh, had Hyde on my bench, everywhere I looked said to sit him against Seattles D. Puts up 25 points. Palmer puts up a whopping 3.5 points. I have Brady on my bench, ugh is it week 5 yet?

I went from having the highest score week 1 to the lowest score in week 3 most likely. What a turnaround I'm having.

I traded Diggs for Blount because I had Peterson and needed a new RB. That worked out well for this week despite me losing anyway, but we'll see if that turns out to bite me big time down the line. With my luck it probably will.

Last year was my first time playing Fantasy football and I got last place. This year I'm 1-2 now and trending worse and worse. I'm terrible at this.

wbsmcs

Sigh, had Hyde on my bench, everywhere I looked said to sit him against Seattles D. Puts up 25 points. Palmer puts up a whopping 3.5 points. I have Brady on my bench, ugh is it week 5 yet?

I went from having the highest score week 1 to the lowest score in week 3 most likely. What a turnaround I'm having.

I traded Diggs for Blount because I had Peterson and needed a new RB. That worked out well for this week despite me losing anyway, but we'll see if that turns out to bite me big time down the line. With my luck it probably will.

Last year was my first time playing Fantasy football and I got last place. This year I'm 1-2 now and trending worse and worse. I'm terrible at this.

I feel you, but in the end fantasy football is a game of luck. Keeping Hyde on the bench most likely was the right call to make. The best thing you can do is trust your process. Hyde had a low probability of scoring >10pts this week, while guys like CJ Anderson had a high chance. 10/10 times I'm going to start CJ Anderson over Hyde, because (just throwing out numbers here) 7/10 times CJ outscores Hyde. Try to guess who's going to score in a bad situation will have you making wrong decisions more often than not. I wondr how people who benched Allen Robinson or TY Hilton felt this week because they had a bad first two games.

That being said...hopefully Brees and Ingram put up 45 points tonight because Jordan Reed/Cooper/Maclin/Ware/Dolphins put me in a deeeeeeep hole.

Need some trade advice...

I've been offered AJ Green for Lesean McCoy.

I have Gurley, Leveon, and Terrence West as my RB as well as McCoy.
I have Landry, Fitzgerald, Maclin, Enunwa was my WR.

Do I take it? I'm expecting to start Fitz/Landry and then Gurley/McCoy/Bell (1 flex) and let Maclin ride pine where he belongs. Other team also has Dez Bryant and Melvin Gordon of which he's already said Gordon is off the table. As well as Doug Baldwin, Stefon Diggs, and Matt Jones.

If I accept, I'd be rolling with Green/Fitz/Landry (1 flex) and Gurley/Bell. It's nice to have Lesean as a bye week back being that Gurley and Bell have byes the same week.

As of right now, I'm leaning no, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least interested.

toneroni

Do I take it? I'm expecting to start Fitz/Landry and then Gurley/McCoy/Bell (1 flex) and let Maclin ride pine where he belongs. Other team also has Dex Bryant and Melvin Gordon of which he's already said Gordon is off the table. As well as Doug Baldwin, Stefon Diggs, and Matt Jones.

If I accept, I'd be rolling with Green/Fitz/Landry (1 flex) and Gurley/Bell. It's nice to have Lesean as a bye week back being that Gurley and Bell have byes the same week.

As of right now, I'm leaning no, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least interested.

Standard or PPR?
Interesting indeed since you have Bell coming back but reliable RBs have been few and far between this year..

wbsmcs

Do I take it? I'm expecting to start Fitz/Landry and then Gurley/McCoy/Bell (1 flex) and let Maclin ride pine where he belongs. Other team also has Dex Bryant and Melvin Gordon of which he's already said Gordon is off the table. As well as Doug Baldwin, Stefon Diggs, and Matt Jones.

That's a pretty even deal. Is it PPR or standard? What RBs are on the wire right now? Does he like McCoy better than Gurley, because I would personally try to sell Gurley for Green instead if that would work.]

Edit: 0.25ppr? ...hm....I would counter with Gurley and see what happens. If he doesn't like Gurley, then I'd probably still trade McCoy for Green.

DKehoe

So I should probably pick up a backup QB since I didn't during the draft. My QB's bye week is week 8. Should I wait until then to get someone or make a move now? Right now it looks like my options would be Oswiler, Smith or Wentz. Any advice?

wbsmcs

So I should probably pick up a backup QB since I didn't during the draft. My QB's bye week is week 8. Should I wait until then to get someone or make a move now? Right now it looks like my options would be Oswiler, Smith or Wentz. Any advice?

I'm guessing your QB is either Ben or Eli so just keep on rolling with them and then worry about week 8 when it comes. It's still far away enough that a high upside RB has more value then a 1 week QB plug in.

Slevin

I'm in a similar boat except I have both Eli and Tannehill. I will say, if I could get Wentz off the wire right now I would in a heartbeat as long as you're not dropping anything significant to do so. Eagles are looking fantastic so far.

DKehoe

I'm guessing your QB is either Ben or Eli so just keep on rolling with them and then worry about week 8 when it comes. It's still far away enough that a high upside RB has more value then a 1 week QB plug in.

I'm in a similar boat except I have both Eli and Tannehill. I will say, if I could get Wentz off the wire right now I would in a heartbeat as long as you're not dropping anything significant to do so. Eagles are looking fantastic so far.

Yeh I have Eli. Wentz seems to be such a hot prospect that I thought I'd maybe grab him now before anyone else does.

This is my bench

I was thinking I would drop White

wbsmcs

Is it OK drop J Stewart at this point?

The recent news state that he'll miss a couple of games.

It depends on who's on the wire. I still think I would prefer Stewart to guys like Dwayne Washington, Howard, and Darkwa. At least you know with Stewart that he'll be starting once he comes back. That being said, if whoever you pick up will be in your starting lineup, then maybe make the move.

Tom Nook

It depends on who's on the wire. I still think I would prefer Stewart to guys like Dwayne Washington, Howard, and Darkwa. At least you know with Stewart that he'll be starting once he comes back. That being said, if whoever you pick up will be in your starting lineup, then maybe make the move.

I guess I'm stuck with Zeke and Crowell for awhile, Vereen is out.

Top Bottom