• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

bigkrev

Is it OK drop J Stewart at this point?

The recent news state that he'll miss a couple of games.

Depends on the depth of your league. If it's more than 10 teams, you need to hold him. If 10 or less, you can do it if you need the roster spot, though I would do it as late as humanly possible- drop your kicker, and then pick one up and drop Steward Sunday morning.

t-ramp

Did Brandin Cooks go MIA tonight or what? I didn't need anything from him, but I'm sort of concerned.

At least Ingram has had a decent night.

woodchuck

I had Matt Ryan and Matt Bryant. Lost by 3 points. Brutal. KC defense was too much.

I'm at a loss what I can do. I'm 0-3 but have scored the most points in the league. Sammy Watkins foot isn't helping my situation.

I have #2 priority on waiver wire. I'm getting impatient about using it. Thinking about Jordan Howard. I actually had Jordan Howard but had to drop someone for a kicker.

Or just say fuck it and use it on Minneaota Defense. I always stream my defense week to week but Vikings look like they can win games by themselves.

natjjohn

Right now barring a stat change won by 1.xx points. Thank you saints for stopping freeman from getting that TD!

Also I benched Maclin for Sims Sunday which also helped.

Hopefully no stat changes. I've lost games before from that!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
thoughts:

min vs. nyg
bal vs. oak

I think min might have the more tough schedule after this week. I have Bal dst. would put a bid 2-3$ to grab Min dst, and stick with them for the season prob

Also, I see no reason to hold on to two QB2s ( flacco and dalton) so i'm gonna drop dalton, until his schedule eases up and effiert is back...gonna put bids in for Crowder and Smallwood

Potential trade:

I was offered Kelce and Jordan Matthews for Eddie Lacy.

Lacy finally got that 100 yard game I was waiting for, but I'm not exactly stacked with good RBs at the moment. My other RBs are Blount, Rawls, Michael, and Stewart. My WRs are Nelson, Decker, Snead, and Hurns. The only TE I have is Gates.

Pull the trigger?

wbsmcs

Potential trade:

Lacy finally got that 100 yard game I was waiting for, but I'm not exactly stacked with good RBs at the moment. My other RBs are Blount, Rawls, Michael, and Stewart. My WRs are Nelson, Decker, Snead, and Hurns. The only TE I have is Gates.

Pull the trigger?

I'm playing you this week in the GAF league, and would benefit from you having Lacy on your roster as he has a bye, but I will say that that is a really good offer and Blount, Michael, and Stewart are a good enough trio to hold you over for RB.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Potential trade:

Pull the trigger?

sounds enticing, there's really no worthwhile TEs on the waiver for you though? i'd be wary, a good RB is hard to come by, esp one not in a committee...personally i'd keep lacy. depends where you want depth at... seems to be more depth at WR on waivers, so RBs seem better to stock up on.

watch out with kelce last week, those are atypical for him... hes consistent, but hovers around 6 most of the time.

wbsmcs

Would you guys trade amari cooper for Jordan Howard and Michael Floyd?

I need another RB and my WR position is stacked.

No, Howard isn't a sure thing. I would try my luck in picking up someone like Wendel Smallwood off the wire this week, or aim for one of the guys other RBs.

R. Jennings for Pryor straight up? 16 team league, I have Coleman but he's hurt. My starters right now at Rb are crow and hill. I've had a string of injuries at WR, but in 1st place. Also have k. Dixon waiting on my bench

sounds enticing, there's really no worthwhile TEs on the waiver for you though? i'd be wary, a good RB is hard to come by, esp one not in a committee...personally i'd keep lacy. depends where you want depth at... seems to be more depth at WR on waivers, so RBs seem better to stock up on.

watch out with kelce last week, those are atypical for him... hes consistent, but hovers around 6 most of the time.

I just don't trust Lacy to keep this up. He had a 100 yard day against a banged up Lions defense, but usually hovers around the 14 carries, 60 yards mark.
I'll have to see who's available before I make the decision.

woodchuck

Matt Ryan owners: what's your plan for the next 3 weeks?

I've been starting Ryan the past 3 weeks and he's the #1 Qb so far. But the next 3 defenses he faces are Carolina, Denver, and Seattle.

Continue to roll with him or may switch him out for someone on the waiver wire: dalton, simean, cousins, Alex smith, or flacco?

Jarnet87

As a Levon owner who didnt get Deangelo I want to trade for him.

my RB bench depth is Gio Bernard, Christine Michaels, Jordan Howard and Kenneth Dixon. Which of these guys would you trade for Deangelo. I have them ranked Michaels, Gio, Howard, Dixon.

wbsmcs

R. Jennings for Pryor straight up? 16 team league, I have Coleman but he's hurt. My starters right now at Rb are crow and hill. I've had a string of injuries at WR, but in 1st place. Also have k. Dixon waiting on my bench

Sure, I would do this. Pryor has the much higher ceiling. If he pans out you could win your league.

I've been starting Ryan the past 3 weeks and he's the #1 Qb so far. But the next 3 defenses he faces are Carolina, Denver, and Seattle.

Continue to roll with him or may switch him out for someone on the waiver wire: dalton, simean, cousins, Alex smith, or flacco?

I'm shopping to see if he could net me anything. If by 12 oclock on Sunday nobody bites, I'm dropping for Flacco and going from there.

As a Levon owner who didnt get Deangelo I want to trade for him.

my RB bench depth is Gio Bernard, Christine Michaels, Jordan Howard and Kenneth Dixon. Which of these guys would you trade for Deangelo. I have them ranked Michaels, Gio, Howard, Dixon.

If you could swing Gio, Howard, or Dixon straight up for him then yea go for it. But I would be weary of doing a combination of those guys. He's probably the most valuable handcuff, but it really limits the upside of your team. Ride with Le'veon, if he stays healthy, and one of those guys breaks out, you have 2/3 good RBs.

phanphare

Banned

dropping him

Jarnet87

If you could swing Gio, Howard, or Dixon straight up for him then yea go for it. But I would be weary of doing a combination of those guys. He's probably the most valuable handcuff, but it really limits the upside of your team. Ride with Le'veon, if he stays healthy, and one of those guys breaks out, you have 2/3 good RBs.

I am only offering one straight up, otherwise no deal. I suspect the person I am offering will decline because 90% of this league is batshit insane and wants a kings random for a trade. I offered Dixon alone, then will probably go Gio. If they don't take Gio then oh well.

Wads

Banned
Did Brandin Cooks go MIA tonight or what? I didn't need anything from him, but I'm sort of concerned.

At least Ingram has had a decent night.

It's amazing... my opponent was down 6 with Julio Jones and Cooks and they both combined for 3.5 points. I would have a bet a lot on f money that I lost and lost big, but I squeaked out win. Just incredible!!

MikeRahl

It's amazing... my opponent was down 6 with Julio Jones and Cooks and they both combined for 3.5 points. I would have a bet a lot on f money that I lost and lost big, but I squeaked out win. Just incredible!!

Did I play against you?

I needed Jones and Cooks to beat Ingram by -15 points and ended up losing.

necrosis

dropping him immediately; i'll stream the semen demon, flacco, or possibly hoyer this week

with eddie lacy on bye, do you guys think i should start tevin coleman or charles sims? leaning towards the latter but i'm unsure

NateDrake

With GB on a Bye this week, I need a filler QB. Think Fatford will do well against the Bears? Or should I go with Brock Os at Tenn?

Tom Nook

I'm dropping him too. I'm picking up Stafford or Rivers.

Simean could continue the pass play.

My WRs are Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, Brandon Cooks, Michael Floyd, and Phillip Dorset and my TE is Gates.

Who should I try to get from this list if any?

Cameron Brate
Tyrell Prior
Jamison Crowder
Kevin White
John Brown

Who should I drop to get the above?
Patriots D (already have Broncos)
Hunter Henry
Antonio Gates

wbsmcs

My WRs are Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, Brandon Cooks, Michael Floyd, and Phillip Dorset and my TE is Gates.

Who should I try to get from this list if any?

Cameron Brate
Tyrell Prior
Jamison Crowder
Kevin White
John Brown

Who should I drop to get the above?
Patriots D (already have Broncos)
Hunter Henry
Antonio Gates

I would put a claim in for Pryor, followed by Crowder as a back up. You could drop Hunter Henry or Pats D. Pryor is getting a lot of targets right now, and worth a gamble because he might keep his usage even when Gordon returns.

AaronB

thoughts:

min vs. nyg
bal vs. oak

I think min might have the more tough schedule after this week. I have Bal dst. would put a bid 2-3$ to grab Min dst, and stick with them for the season prob

Also, I see no reason to hold on to two QB2s ( flacco and dalton) so i'm gonna drop dalton, until his schedule eases up and effiert is back...gonna put bids in for Crowder and Smallwood

Min has been carrying me to 2-1 even though my top four draft picks have all disappointed. I'm a Vikings fan, so I took a leap of faith to keep them last week against Carolina, and they delivered in spades. I don't plan to take them out other than bye week, even if they're up against the hottest offense in the league.

bodine1231

Not sure who I should start at receiver this week. Seems like an easy call for Benjamin,Benjamin and Beasley. But not crazy about that

Right now I have

Benjamin (car)
Shepard (nyg)
Benjamin (chargers)
Baldwin (sea)
Beasley (dal)

I think for sure Kelvin Benjamin because they're playing Atlanta and they should move the ball easily.

Shepard has been fantastic but they are playing Minnesota and that rediculous defense.

Travis Benjamin is playing the Saints,so I'm pretty sure he's my number 2.

Baldwin is a maybe for #3 with Wilson hurt

Beasley - solid #3?

I'm trying to get Pryor on waivers and if I do I'll probably roll with him.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Currently hve 4$ bid on smallwood and a 3$ on min dst, worried i should do 4-5 for min dst... Any opinions?

Min has been carrying me to 2-1 even though my top four draft picks have all disappointed. I'm a Vikings fan, so I took a leap of faith to keep them last week against Carolina, and they delivered in spades. I don't plan to take them out other than bye week, even if they're up against the hottest offense in the league.

thanks! having a good D and not having to worry about streaming is such a relief

wbsmcs

Currently hve 4$ bid on smallwood and a 3$ on min dst, worried i should do 4-5 for min dst... Any opinions?

If you really want them then do $5...$2 isn't going to make or break your year. Get the players you want now because you don't know what's going to to be out there and what you will need to fill. So if you could fill your D now and not have worrying about streaming then yea go $5. I myself might even go $7-8 for my team because in the end it might be cheaper than trying to get the stream of the week every week for $2.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
If you really want them then do $5...$2 isn't going to make or break your year. Get the players you want now because you don't know what's going to to be out there and what you will need to fill. So if you could fill your D now and not have worrying about streaming then yea go $5. I myself might even go $7-8 for my team because in the end it might be cheaper than trying to get the stream of the week every week for $2.

Fuck shoulda done what you did - bid 5, they went for 6. Am cry.

DSmalls84

My roster is currently:

QB
Philip Rivers
Joe Flacco

RB
Todd Gurley
Lamar Miller
Melvin Gordon
Charles Sims

WR
Brandin Cook
Randall Cobb
Philip Dorsett
Tyrell Williams

TE
Coby Fleener
Tyler Eifert

I just traded Gurley, Eifert and Williams for Julio Jones and Giovani Bernard.

Does this seem like a good deal? My receivers haven't really been performing well and I was looking to upgrade.

natjjohn

My roster is currently:

QB
Philip Rivers
Joe Flacco

RB
Todd Gurley
Lamar Miller
Melvin Gordon
Charles Sims

WR
Brandin Cook
Randall Cobb
Philip Dorsett
Tyrell Williams

TE
Coby Fleener
Tyler Eifert

I just traded Gurley, Eifert and Williams for Julio Jones and Giovani Bernard.

Does this seem like a good deal? My receivers haven't really been performing well and I was looking to upgrade.

I think I like it. Julio's been a little disappointing but I'm still a believer.

My team:

QB - Rivers, T.Taylor
RB - Lacy, Stewart, Chris Thompson, Darkwa
WR - Odell, Cooper, Snead, Sanu, Lockett, T.Sharpe
TE - Reed
K - Walsh
DEF - Carolina

I have to start Darkwa and Thompson at RB this week -___-

Lockett and Sharpe have been busts but im not sure if I should drop just yet.
J Stew, Snead and Sanu are hurt.

Any good prospects have been scooped up already off waivers. Not looking good.

Tom Nook

My team:

QB - Rivers, T.Taylor
RB - Lacy, Stewart, Chris Thompson, Darkwa
WR - Odell, Cooper, Snead, Sanu, Lockett, T.Sharpe
TE - Reed
K - Walsh
DEF - Carolina

I have to start Darkwa and Thompson at RB this week -___-

Lockett and Sharpe have been busts but im not sure if I should drop just yet.
J Stew, Snead and Sanu are hurt.

Any good prospects have been scooped up already off waivers. Not looking good.

Since Jimmy Graham is slowing back to form during his Saints days, you can drop Lockett. I drop Sharpe because even when Walker has out in Week 3, he didn't perform as expected or Mariota had a bad week.

Check if Crowder, M Thomas (another saints WR), or Pryor are available. If Pryor is available, snag him. Cleveland is such a mess that Pryor is QB, WR, and RB all in one.

Tom Nook

QB help (10 team, standard, non ppr)

Didn't get Siemian :(.

I'm defiantly dropping M Ryan. Which QB is best for this week? Brady is coming back in week 5.

Cousins vs WAS
Dalton vs MAI
Tannehill vs CIN

I leaning towards Cousins. The Dalton and Tannehill are Thursday games.....

Since Jimmy Graham is slowing back to form during his Saints days, you can drop Lockett. I drop Sharpe because even when Walker has out in Week 3, he didn't perform as expected or Mariota had a bad week.

Check if Crowder, M Thomas (another saints WR), or Pryor are available. If Pryor is available, snag him. Cleveland is such a mess that Pryor is QB, WR, and RB all in one.

Thomas and Pryor aren't available. Crowder is available but I don't want to have 3 Washington players on my team..potentially starting all 3. The "top available" WR's in my league are Crowder, Tavon Austin, Kenny Stills, Adam Humphries, eddie royal, anquan boldin, Sammie Coats.

Any of those worth dropping Locket for?

Tom Nook

Thomas and Pryor aren't available. Crowder is available but I don't want to have 3 Washington players on my team..potentially starting all 3. The "top available" WR's in my league are Crowder, Tavon Austin, Kenny Stills, Adam Humphries, eddie royal, anquan boldin, Sammie Coats.

Any of those worth dropping Locket for?

Check if Steve Smith SR available. If not, stay with Sharpe.

I have this luck that the person I drop, goes off the next week.

At this point, is it worth hanging onto Thomas Rawls? I wanted him as a handcuff in case something happens to Michael, but he's barely played this year, and I'm beginning to doubt if he'll ever play enough to keep him on a roster.

That, and if Snead still can't go this week, then I'm pretty much going to need another Flex spot since the guys on my bench are either injured or on a bye.

Top Bottom