• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

I'm pretty sure me picking up a running back is this year's Madden Curse because almost every one I've gotten (AP, Abdullah, Vereen) got IR'd

At this point, is it worth hanging onto Thomas Rawls? I wanted him as a handcuff in case something happens to Michael, but he's barely played this year, and I'm beginning to doubt if he'll ever play enough to keep him on a roster.

That, and if Snead still can't go this week, then I'm pretty much going to need another Flex spot since the guys on my bench are either injured or on a bye.

I don't think he's worth a roster spot. The most recent update from Monday said he will be out a "few weeks" and that his injury is worse than they thought. Also, C-Mike is doing well so even when Rawls comes back he likely won't be the lead back.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
how do people feel about smallwood? got him cheap in my 12-team... thinking about benching him for a few weeks to see if he grows into something worthwhile. I'm really looking to build some RB depth, but there is NOTHING out there...

team:

qb - flacco
wr - AB
wr - Snead
wr - Travis Benjamin
rb - Mccoy
rb - D. Murray
te - Kelce
Flex - play the matchup

bench:
Gio Bernard, Cruz, John Brown, Pitta, Corey Coleman, Bilal Powell, Smallwood

feel like im on a tightrope with my RBs... they are due to slump, and my bench just feels like RB3/stash status

bigkrev

How do you feel about Colts as a streamer D this week? They are playing Jaxonville in London, which is about the best match up I can think of

Joe

Bell coming back to turn my luck around and help salvage my 0-3 season!

Anyone ever start 0-3 and end up finishing first?

Iceman829

Hi everyone. Thanks for the advice last week. I combined things here along with some gut feelings and I whooped my brothers team by over 100pts. I'm looking for some week 4 tips and advice. I'm in an 8 team league so if you toss out some names it's most likely they are on waivers.

QB - Wilson/Taylor - I was advised last week to drop Taylor, but I just wasn't sure what to do at that point. This week I'm actually considering dropping him. I was leaning towards Stafford or Wentz. There are plenty of other options as well. What are your thoughts?

RB - David Johnson, Theo Riddick, Jeremy Hill and Rashad Jennings. I've been rotating one of the 3 in as RB2 depending on the matchups

WR - I would say I'm good here: Jones Jr, Hilton, Maclin, Landry, Nelson, Shepard

TE - Walker & Pitta. I picked up Pitta for last week when Walker was out. I'm not sure if I really need 2

Def - I have the Patriots and saw KC and MN are laying around. Are these defenses just playing exceptionally well right now or would they be upgrades?

I really don't watch as much football as I used to so any tips are always appreciated and thanks in advance.

Was just offered Blount for Amari Cooper..My RB situation isn't great ( see a few posts above) but I'm probably not gonna accept this. Thoughts?

Was just offered Blount for Amari Cooper..My RB situation isn't great ( see a few posts above) but I'm probably not gonna accept this. Thoughts?

Blount has been amazingly consistent so far, but the problem is Brady is coming back, and rested. So odds are the Brady offense returns and Blount's scoring prowess goes back to salting away games.

I would much rather have Amari Cooper at a glance, because I feel his talent is immense and his opportunity is consistent. Blount under Brady has good weeks and bad.

UberTag

This is a perfect sell high-buy low fleece job... for the other guy.
When sharks in fantasy football forums all over are gloating about pulling off this exact deal, you don't want to be known as the guy getting fleeced.

what's the status of dion lewis, speaking of NE backs?

Could come back Week 8 if he was on schedule, but realistically nobody expects him back until Week 10 as the Pats have a Week 9 bye. Most players that come back from that knee injury get camp time or early season time to recover so in his case the hope is that Week 8+9 is that time. There's also a chance of Belicheck pulling a Gronkowski and heavily limiting first week snaps.

Dropped min last week and wasn't able to pick them back up because of waiver priority.

Now I'm conflicted. Thinking about running Pryor in my flex if Snead isn't 100%. But I'm playing Washington D. If I play Pryor, I might roll with Jets D. Suggestions?

Just been offered a trade, to receive Tevin Coleman for DeAndre Hopkins.

Coleman has been finding the endzone frequently but I feel like Hopkins will work out more in the long run. I'm hurting on RBs as Doug Martin is out, and Jennings for the Giants hasn't been producing, but I also have TY Hilton, Enunwa and Diggs as my receiver core...

What do you guys think? Should I make the trade??

UberTag

Coleman has been finding the endzone frequently but I feel like Hopkins will work out more in the long run. I'm hurting on RBs as Doug Martin is out, and Jennings for the Giants hasn't been producing, but I also have TY Hilton, Enunwa and Diggs as my receiver core...

This is another of those sell high-buy low scenarios... for the other guy. If you're going to do this at least insist on getting a package offer along with the guy being sold to you on a high. These one-for-one deals are insulting.

NOOO!!!! If you're trading Hopkins (a top 5 WR), you need to be getting someone great back. At LEAST a McCoy or CJA, and even then you could possibly get by with getting another piece added on their end. That's just the other owner trying to sell high on Coleman after his last game against the worst DEF in the league

GrapeApes

Why are you even considering this bullshit?

Thanks y'all. You're right shouldn't have even considered this.

Might have been because I'm week at RB right now. I can find other solutions for sure.

Appreciate it!

UberTag

Thanks y'all. You're right shouldn't have even considered this.

Might have been because I'm week at RB right now. I can find other solutions for sure.

Appreciate it!
Your other solutions are more equitable trades... ideally for RBs that are undervalued in their own right or with owners who are clearly "RB roster bloated" and who need to move their RB surplus to plug holes elsewhere in their lineup... or to snap up lottery tickets that could pay dividends off the waiver wire.

So the Devontae Bookers, Wendell Smallwoods, Shaun Draughns and Josh Fergusons of the world.

Your best bet might be to make a play for DeAngelo Williams if his owner doesn't have Bell and the Bell owner isn't biting at any trade offers to secure their handcuff.
Especially if your league has a shallow bench.

All of my drafted RB's are toast.

Doug Martin, Thomas Rawls, Jeremy Langford.

I picked up C Mike & Spencer Ware, so they helped me limp to a 2-1 record so far.. but it's getting thin out there.

Two questions.

C Mike, S Ware, J McKinnon.. start 2. I was leaning C Mike & McCkinnon.. but if Charles is out again, Ware could have a good game again? Ugh.

Need a DEF.. I've been streaming this year and.. doing poorly.

Have Dolphins (thanks for not much against the Browns!). These are available: CIN, PIT, OAK, NYG, DET, NYJ, WAS, BAL, DAL.. and more that seem like even worse plays. Washington against the Browns seems smart.. but Washington sucks, and the Browns were at least decent against Miami.. Ugh. Don't know what to do.

Third question.. how many bench spots do your leagues use? We have 4 and it's killing me.

I picked up C Mike & Spencer Ware, so they helped me limp to a 2-1 record so far.. but it's getting thin out there.

Two questions.

C Mike, S Ware, J McKinnon.. start 2. I was leaning C Mike & McCkinnon.. but if Charles is out again, Ware could have a good game again? Ugh.

Have Dolphins (thanks for not much against the Browns!). These are available: CIN, PIT, OAK, NYG, DET, NYJ, WAS, BAL, DAL.. and more that seem like even worse plays. Washington against the Browns seems smart.. but Washington sucks, and the Browns were at least decent against Miami.. Ugh. Don't know what to do.

Third question.. how many bench spots do your leagues use? We have 4 and it's killing me.

Wait until later on this week to see what Charles' status is. Even if he's playing, I'm sure Ware will still get the majority of the carries.

I'd pick up Baltimore and the Giants from that list. If you want one with a favorable matchup this week, Cincy plays Miami at home on Thursday night.

wbsmcs

Two questions.

I'd still go Ware. Both he and McKinnon will be splitting touches, and Ware is the better RB.

As for defense, I'm going with Washington. Yes I know, Miami was suppose to score a billion points against Cleveland. But the Dolphins only allowed one offensive TD and got unlucky with an int return TD. I'm betting against Cody Kessler.

nillapuddin

ZtTvL3H.jpg

Am I crazy for thinking C Mike as my flex over one of my wideouts?

I know the Jets have a good run D, but I haven't seen any of their games... How good?

Edit: Ignore double kickers, was adding the chiefs dst for Santos but didn't refresh page

UncleMeat

Any tips for survivor league? Here's some games I'm eye-balling:

Miami at Cincinnati -7.5
Indianapolis at Jacksonville +2.5
Carolina at Atlanta +3.0
Cleveland at Washington -7.5
Detroit at Chicago +2.5
Oakland at Baltimore -3.5
Seattle at NY Jets +2.5
Tennessee at Houston -5.0
Denver at Tampa Bay +3.0
Dallas at San Francisco +2.0
Los Angeles at Arizona -7.5
New Orleans at San Diego -4.0
Kansas City at Pittsburgh -4.5
NY Giants at Minnesota -5.0
used: SEA, CAR, MIA

Kind of hate betting on a Thursday night game since they're always such trash. I'm thinking Arizona is the safe play.

UberTag

Kind of hate betting on a Thursday night game since they're always such trash. I'm thinking Arizona is the safe play.
A lot of folks thought Arizona (3-0) was the safe play last year in Week 4 when they hosted the Rams (1-2) and they burned a bunch of people in Survivor by choking at home. What makes you think this year will be any different when the Cards actually have a worse record than the Rams this time around? McCoy decimated the Arizona run D last week and there's no reason Gurley can't do the same.

I'm taking the Patriots. They haven't lost a game to Buffalo at home that mattered (i.e. Week 17 games when they've already clinched the playoffs and are trotting out their backups don't count) in 16 years.

BlueSteel

Hey guys, have a trade question

Give up:
Blount,
Palmer,
Coleman,

Receive:
Newton,
Lacy,
Fuller,
Seattle D

I don't care much for the Seattle D, but this looks like a classic sell high situation for blount and coleman.

For reference, I already have Elliot Miller and Freeman for RBs, so Lacy would be pure depth for me. I also happen to be weakish in WRs (Hilton, Baldwin, Snead) and QB (Palmer and Cousins).

I have to do this trade right?

UncleMeat

A lot of folks thought Arizona (3-0) was the safe play last year in Week 4 when they hosted the Rams (1-2) and they burned a bunch of people in Survivor by choking at home. What makes you think this year will be any different when the Cards actually have a worse record than the Rams this time around? McCoy decimated the Arizona run D last week and there's no reason Gurley can't do the same.

I'm taking the Patriots. They haven't lost a game to Buffalo at home that mattered (i.e. Week 17 games when they've already clinched the playoffs and are trotting out their backups don't count) in 16 years.

I don't know, probably because I'm an idiot. Guess I'll switch to NE which could be bad news for you with my luck.

Give up:
Blount,
Palmer,
Coleman,

Receive:
Newton,
Lacy,
Fuller,
Seattle D

I don't care much for the Seattle D, but this looks like a classic sell high situation for blount and coleman.

For reference, I already have Elliot Miller and Freeman for RBs, so Lacy would be pure depth for me. I also happen to be weakish in WRs (Hilton, Baldwin, Snead) and QB (Palmer and Cousins).

Holy shit, yes.

necrosis

Give up:
Blount,
Palmer,
Coleman,

Receive:
Newton,
Lacy,
Fuller,
Seattle D

this is an amazing deal for you

UberTag

I don't know, probably because I'm an idiot. Guess I'll switch to NE which could be bad news for you with my luck.
It's a tough week. The Bills losing is the one outcome I feel confident about which is ironic given that I'm a Bills fan.

Give up:
Blount,
Palmer,
Coleman,

Receive:
Newton,
Lacy,
Fuller,
Seattle D

Congrats in advance on winning your league.

How badly is Emmanuel Sanders Hurt? What about Ryan Mathews?

Should I drop those guys for Tryelle Pryor/Emmanuel Sanders and Isisah Crowell?

Tom Nook

(10 team std league non ppr)

I have Brady ready to go for next week.

Trade away Landry for Edelman?
Current WR corps: Nelson, M Jones, Diggs, & Landry

ESanders is fine, you must have meant to type someone else.

Mathews has ankle stiffness, which means he probably plays but may lose some work until it's fully healthy.

And no, but it really depends on your roster.

BlueSteel

Okay, that's what I thought, thanks guys. Just thought it was too good to be true, but then I looked at the guy's RBs and he's running on fumes with riddick and gore.

Wait, drop who for who? I'm pretty sure sanders is not hurt, and mathews is a bit banged up but not worth dropping for a lesser talent in crowell or pryor

Yikes sorry guys. How badly is Eric Decker hurt.

I have no space to pick up Pryor, my other WR's are Julio Jones and Jarvis Landry

I'll hangto Ryan Mathews.

Dang man I wish I got offered something like that. Every time someone makes a trade offer to me its like, 'recent waiver wire pick up' for 'stud'.

Talamius

Give up:
Blount,
Palmer,
Coleman,

Receive:
Newton,
Lacy,
Fuller,
Seattle D

100% accept it.

Top Bottom