• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

nillapuddin

"Start of the Week: Will Fuller vs. Titans: A true home run hitter out wide, Fuller’s rookie season has already been filled with ups and downs. He’s dropped four passes, with all of them seeming to come in big situations. Fuller dropped what would have been an 83-yard touchdown in Week 1 and completely muffed a would-be chunk gain in last week’s loss to the Patriots. On the plus side, Fuller turned a screen pass into a lengthy touchdown in the opener and also reeled in a 53-yard bomb Week 2. After a down Week 3 and coming off a 10-day break, Fuller is probably going overlooked by many. But this couldn’t be a juicier spot. Fuller projects to run the bulk of his routes at burnt-to-a-crisp Titans LCB Perrish Cox, who, as previously mentioned, is Pro Football Focus’ worst cover corner out of 104 qualifiers after three weeks. Fuller is a boom-or-bust WR3 with plenty of boom potential. He makes for a great play in daily league tournaments at a bargain rate" - rotoworld

Would any of yall move DT, Diggs, Cooks to the bench for Fuller?

ZtTvL3H.jpg

Fake edit: bluesteel getting a freaking steal jeeze.

Tom Nook

"Start of the Week: Will Fuller vs. Titans: A true home run hitter out wide, Fuller’s rookie season has already been filled with ups and downs. He’s dropped four passes, with all of them seeming to come in big situations. Fuller dropped what would have been an 83-yard touchdown in Week 1 and completely muffed a would-be chunk gain in last week’s loss to the Patriots. On the plus side, Fuller turned a screen pass into a lengthy touchdown in the opener and also reeled in a 53-yard bomb Week 2. After a down Week 3 and coming off a 10-day break, Fuller is probably going overlooked by many. But this couldn’t be a juicier spot. Fuller projects to run the bulk of his routes at burnt-to-a-crisp Titans LCB Perrish Cox, who, as previously mentioned, is Pro Football Focus’ worst cover corner out of 104 qualifiers after three weeks. Fuller is a boom-or-bust WR3 with plenty of boom potential. He makes for a great play in daily league tournaments at a bargain rate" - rotoworld

Would any of yall move DT, Diggs, Cooks to the bench for Fuller?

Fake edit: bluesteel getting a freaking steal jeeze.

DT, Diggs, and Cooks are W1 or W2 from their respected QBs. Hopkins is Brock's fav target. For me, I would keep Fuller on the bench.

If I were 0-3 or 1-2 and need a win, I would take chance and do Fuller for Cooks.

RickAstley

Neo Member
Just made this trade today and I am still having some second thoughts so I thought I'd see what others thought. For reference it is in a 16member 0.5 PPR league.

Traded:
Matt Ryan
Julio Jones
Darkwa

Received:
David Johnson
Crabtree

I also have Brady coming back next week so I picked up Siemian for this week.

Tom Nook

Just made this trade today and I am still having some second thoughts so I thought I'd see what others thought. For reference it is in a 16member 0.5 PPR league.

Traded:
Matt Ryan
Julio Jones
Darkwa

Received:
David Johnson
Crabtree

You won this trade.

gutshot

Should I start Tannehill versus the soft Cinci D tonight? Or a hobbled Russell Wilson versus the stiffer Jets D? If I go Russell, there's also the nightmare scenario where he ends up not being able to play on Sun and then I'm forced to pick up some QB and start him (options there would Siemian, Smith or Garropolo).

Tom Nook

Should I start Tannehill versus the soft Cinci D tonight? Or a hobbled Russell Wilson versus the stiffer Jets D? If I go Russell, there's also the nightmare scenario where he ends up not being able to play on Sun and then I'm forced to pick up some QB and start him (options there would Siemian, Smith or Garropolo).

I would go with Siemian over both Wilson and Tannehill. He has a good matchup against TB.

woodchuck

Traded:
Matt Ryan
Julio Jones
Darkwa

Received:
David Johnson
Crabtree

Good trade. Make sure you handcuff DJ with Chris Johnson though.

RickAstley

Neo Member
Good trade. Make sure you handcuff DJ with Chris Johnson though.

Basically impossible for me to do this because we only have 3 person benches. Have Jonathan Stewart, Sammy Watkins and Tom Brady on my bench for now. Maybe after next week it would be a good idea to do that but I doubt anyone else will roster CJ.

What's the consensus on Julio Jones?

Everyone trading him or trading for him?

I'm a JJ owner and am thinking about shipping him out to get some depth. Need major help at RB.

I'm think JJ for Kelvin Benjamin and Lesean McCoy. I'm also thinking the other manager won't accept.

What's the consensus on Julio Jones?

Everyone trading him or trading for him?

I'm a JJ owner and am thinking about shipping him out to get some depth. Need major help at RB.

I'm think JJ for Kelvin Benjamin and Lesean McCoy. I'm also thinking the other manager won't accept.

It's Julio jones. Trade him if it's you can get a really good return but I'm sure it's buy low on JJ right now. Since he's a bit hobbled, he's just doing the Calvin Johnson distraction role. Rough schedule these next few weeks but a much softer schedule after the Seahawks.

I'd keep. But I'm a bias falcons fan.

bigkrev

What is even the point of having a drug testing policy if Josh Gordon, who was FINALLY scheduled to come back after all this time and passing all the tests, is now going into rehab and not coming back?!?

What is even the point of having a drug testing policy if Josh Gordon, who was FINALLY scheduled to come back after all this time and passing all the tests, is now going into rehab and not coming back?!?

I was just coming here to post that. So i'm guessing he's done for the season anyway. That, or he doesn't want to catch passes from Cody Kessler.

NateDrake

Stafford got taken by the guy with the first waiver option this week, so I still need a fill in QB with GB on a Bye. Flacco is the highest projected QB available...

Saganator

Fuck I knew I shouldn't have gambled on Gordon. He was available late in the draft so I picked him up, he was supposed to be my ace in the hole. Now to figure out who to replace him with.

Who would you guys pick? I'm light on RBs so I'm leaning towards that. My choices are...

Jalen Richard (Oak)
Fozzy Whittaker (Car)
Duke Johnson (Cle)
Dwayne Washington (Det)
Chris Ivroy (Jax)
Orleans Darkwa (Nyg)

I already have:

DeAngelo Williams
Doug Martin (injured)
Giovani Bernard
Jordan Howard

when will people learn not to put a drop of faith in this guy!

kidding. kinda.

it really sucks though, sorry for your loss. just think of it as your player got injured...while sitting on the bench!

How you get fired on your off day? Lol.

I guess it's time to drop him and pick up Dion Lewis to slot into the Res spot. Or maybe AP.

Went ahead and dropped Gordon and Ryan Mathews and picked up Dion to stash on my res spot that Gordon was occupying and took a flyer on Kenneth Dixon.

I just don't trust Mathews enough. May pick him back up on Saturday if he's still available. That Eagles backfield is starting to look like a nightmare.

nillapuddin

I picked diggs ONLY because the person 1 spot before me picked Gordon.

I was so pissed, now I'm feelin awesome.

It sucks for the meta and memes though.

Hearing that Marvin Jones injured a hamstring in practice yesterday?

You guys think I should sit him for Mike Wallace or too soon to panic?

On one hand Lions play the Bears but Wallace has been putting up TDs and they play Oakland.

Also have Brandon Marshall but his MCL sprain and Seattle.

PPR and I have four spots open. Who do I start?
  • Hopkins vs Tennessee
  • Cooks vs San Diego
  • Fitzgerald vs Los Angeles
  • Thomas vs Tampa Bay
  • Fuller vs Tennessee
  • Crabtree vs Baltimore

Hey guys, have a trade question

Give up:
Blount,
Palmer,
Coleman,

Receive:
Newton,
Lacy,
Fuller,
Seattle D

I don't care much for the Seattle D, but this looks like a classic sell high situation for blount and coleman.

For reference, I already have Elliot Miller and Freeman for RBs, so Lacy would be pure depth for me. I also happen to be weakish in WRs (Hilton, Baldwin, Snead) and QB (Palmer and Cousins).

I have to do this trade right?
This is a call the cops robbery trade.. Jesus

PPR and I have four spots open. Who do I start?
  • Hopkins vs Tennessee
  • Cooks vs San Diego
  • Fitzgerald vs Los Angeles
  • Thomas vs Tampa Bay
  • Fuller vs Tennessee
  • Crabtree vs Baltimore
Hopkins
Cooks
Larry
Thomas

I was wondering why my expected point total for this week dropped from 103 to 93 last night....then saw that Dez went from projected 10pts to 0....shit....

Ptaaty

Hearing that Marvin Jones injured a hamstring in practice yesterday?

You guys think I should sit him for Mike Wallace or too soon to panic?

On one hand Lions play the Bears but Wallace has been putting up TDs and they play Oakland.

Also have Brandon Marshall but his MCL sprain and Seattle.

Too soon to panic on Marvin...but pay very close attention to injury report / update today. If he practices, even if limited I plan to play him (ensuring you watch that he is active).

Wallace is OK...but Marvin is in a much higher passing % offense, way higher targets.

My running back situation is ruined, lol. Need some advice. Because of injuries, this is what I am rolling with on my squad:

Forsett
Ivory
West
Mathews
Rawls

Yeah, it's bleak. Thankfully I have: AJ, Fitzgerald, T Benjamin, Brees, Gronk, and Pyror to make me competitive. What do you all think I should do to address the RB situation? Who should I go after for a trade? Who is realistic?

Tom Nook

Too soon to panic on Marvin...but pay very close attention to injury report / update today. If he practices, even if limited I plan to play him (ensuring you watch that he is active).

Wallace is OK...but Marvin is in a much higher passing % offense, way higher targets.

I hope Jones will play. :(

Nelson on Bye, Landry only got 6pt so that means I need Diggs to go off on Monday.

Tom Nook

My running back situation is ruined, lol. Need some advice. Because of injuries, this is what I am rolling with on my squad:

Forsett
Ivory
West
Mathews
Rawls

Yeah, it's bleak. Thankfully I have: AJ, Fitzgerald, T Benjamin, Brees, Gronk, and Pyror to make me competitive. What do you all think I should do to address the RB situation? Who should I go after for a trade? Who is realistic?

Yikes! IMO, all the those RBs are at best flex position or cut.

Available?
Dixon
Darkwa

necrosis

Forsett
Ivory
West
Mathews
Rawls

im going to puke

everyone but matthews is a candidate to be cut in an effort to try and grab someone like kenneth dixon, dwayne washington, or jordan howard (if possible) imo

and yeah, definitely try to shop fitz and pryor around

im going to puke

everyone but matthews is a candidate to be cut in an effort to try and grab someone like kenneth dixon, dwayne washington, or jordan howard (if possible) imo

and yeah, definitely try to shop fitz and pryor around

Lol, yeah, thinking of offering Pyror for Matt Jones or McKinnon

Top Bottom