• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Ptaaty

I hope Jones will play. :(

Nelson on Bye, Landry only got 6pt so that means I need Diggs to go off on Monday.

FYI seems locked in: From yahoo...
"
New Player Note Fri, Sep 30
Marvin Jones (hamstring) is practicing on Friday.
Advice: According to onlookers, Jones "looked fine" at practice, suggesting he's near 100 percent. He could avoid the final injury report altogether and is shaping up as a locked-in WR1 for the divisional tilt with the Bears on Sunday."

Tom Nook

FYI seems locked in: From yahoo...
"
New Player Note Fri, Sep 30
Marvin Jones (hamstring) is practicing on Friday.
Advice: According to onlookers, Jones "looked fine" at practice, suggesting he's near 100 percent. He could avoid the final injury report altogether and is shaping up as a locked-in WR1 for the divisional tilt with the Bears on Sunday."

Nice. Hope he blows up like last week.

No you bastards I'm facing Marvin this week

I want him to suffer a debilitating broken leg that miraculously causes him zero pain and is healed by Sunday night

Hmmmmmm... which receiver to play?

- Dorsett (Questionable, possibly twisted ankle in practice Friday) @ JAX
- Floyd (concussion? but seems to be starting) vs LA
- Mike Wallace (healthy) vs OAK

Opine please!

Hmmmmmm... which receiver to play?

- Dorsett (Questionable, possibly twisted ankle in practice Friday) @ JAX
- Floyd (concussion? but seems to be starting) vs LA
- Mike Wallace (healthy) vs OAK

Opine please!

I kind of like Mike Wallace this week, he has caught all of Flacco's TD passes this year.

It was also a shootout the last time Raiders and Ravens played, I expect the same this game.

Final offer;

Forte and Brandin Cooks for Fitzgerald and Gronk

Scroll up to see my WR and RB situation. Have Ebron as a backup TE.

I accepted. This is my original squad for this week:
Brees
Ivory
Forsett
T Benjamin
Fitzgerlad
Gronk
AJ Green
Houston D
Walsh

This is my squad now:
Brees
Forte
Forsett/Ivory
AJ Green
Brandin Cooks
Eric Ebron
Travis Benjamin
Houston D
Walsh

Jamaal Charles is going to play on Sunday. I'm sure he won't get too many touches.

Latavius Murray or Jamaal Charles? Both are more or less red zone vultures for this week.

Glix

Someone talk me out of starting Washington (Det) over Yeldon.

Don't ask about my RB situation, my co-owner, who is the one that has drafting power forgot about the draft and showed up for rd four so we got autopicked:

ODB
Evans
Sammy "ironfoot" Watkins

So my RB situation is pretty dire. I managed to snag Demarco, who has been a godsend, but once JStew got hurt we were in big RB trouble.

Ok now that Decker is hurt too I'm pretty sure I'm the real curse

Cam somehow survived Week 1 but Final Destination rules apply, his ass is next

BlueSteel

Final offer;

Forte and Brandin Cooks for Fitzgerald and Gronk

Scroll up to see my WR and RB situation. Have Ebron as a backup TE.

I accepted. This is my original squad for this week:
Brees
Ivory
Forsett
T Benjamin
Fitzgerlad
Gronk
AJ Green
Houston D
Walsh

This is my squad now:
Brees
Forte
Forsett/Ivory
AJ Green
Brandin Cooks
Eric Ebron
Travis Benjamin
Houston D
Walsh

I like the trade for you

I went into today with horrible backs but I improved significantly with Forte. Now with Decker out, and Fitz having a horrible game last week, I expect Forte to be the man.

God it's a nightmare trying to pick a defense each week. I miss when you could plug in whoever is playing the Raiders or Jags each week and be stress free.

It's tempting to try Jags because Luck has sucked and it's in London so I expect fuckery in that game. It's tempting to take whoever is playing the Browns each week but that doesn't always work as intended. Detroit though, that might be safe but they are mediocre at best like Dallas and Dallas didn't capitalize on the lowly Bears offense.

God it's a nightmare trying to pick a defense each week. I miss when you could plug in whoever is playing the Raiders or Jags each week and be stress free.

It's tempting to try Jags because Luck has sucked and it's in London so I expect fuckery in that game. It's tempting to take whoever is playing the Browns each week but that doesn't always work as intended. Detroit though, that might be safe but they are mediocre at best like Dallas and Dallas didn't capitalize on the lowly Bears offense.

I wouldn't want my defense to play the Raiders...

That offense can be electric at any moment lol.

I wouldn't want my defense to play the Raiders...

That offense can be electric at any moment lol.
Hence why I said I miss when you could do that haha It was golden for years.
Trade for the Vikings D/ST.
Say goodbye to your anxiety.

Trade for D? You must be jesting! Those that have Viking and Bronco D are set. Cardinals D too although last week was rough. I have Chiefs D in a couple leagues which should be money once Houston is back but I didn't expect the secondary to struggle THIS much in the meanwhile. They obviously killed it last week but don't like them against Pitts. One of those two leagues I also have Baltimore but hard to trust them this week either. The other two leagues I have Vikings and Cardinals so I'm set. Alas, those are the two free leagues ;p

bigkrev

Just swap in Rams and Browns and it still works fine. I dropped the Vikings last week for the Bucs and have zero regrets. Drafting defenses is for chumps.

This week I'm starting the Colts because Jax on the road are putrid.

Just swap in Rams and Browns and it still works fine. I dropped the Vikings last week for the Bucs and have zero regrets. Drafting defenses is for chumps.

This week I'm starting the Colts because Jax on the road are putrid.

Unless it's an elite D at the right round, I prefer streaming weekly too. I applied the browns logic with the Phins and that didn't work out so well haha As for the Rams, Cardinals D is of course taken in every league. My predicament is who to go with this week. Decisions decisions...

Jamaal Charles is going to play on Sunday. I'm sure he won't get too many touches.

Latavius Murray or Jamaal Charles? Both are more or less red zone vultures for this week.

I'd be careful with Charles. He's in the Sunday night game so if he's a late scratch you might be screwed....

Man I was on the fence about Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins in my main league. I went with Sammy instead because of how good he looked towards the end of last season. In my 2nd league a week later I decided to go with Mike Evans instead. Too bad I didn't go with Evans both times.

fep

Shoot, I'm going to have a bye week casualty next week.

I need to drop Tyrell Williams, John Brown, Spencer Ware, DeAngelo Williams, Ryan Mathews, or Enunwa to pick up a QB since Brees will be on bye. I'm going to grab Wentz and I'm considering picking him up now since I plan to waiver for Eagles D next week.

Who do you drop? Do you wait to see week 4 performances? League is a PPR.

Rest of team -
WRs: Hopkins, Jordy, Maclin
RBs: Shady, Christine Michael

Top WR on waivers -
Dorsett, Wheaton, Ginn, Cruz

Top RB on waivers -
Artis-Payne, Morris, Asiata, Smallwood

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Shoot, I'm going to have a bye week casualty next week.

I need to drop Tyrell Williams, John Brown, Spencer Ware, DeAngelo Williams, Ryan Mathews, or Enunwa to pick up a QB since Brees will be on bye. I'm going to grab Wentz and I'm considering picking him up now since I plan to waiver for Eagles D next week.

Who do you drop? Do you wait to see week 4 performances? League is a PPR.

Rest of team -
WRs: Hopkins, Jordy, Maclin
RBs: Shady, Christine Michael

Top WR on waivers -
Dorsett, Wheaton, Ginn, Cruz

Top RB on waivers -
Artis-Payne, Morris, Asiata, Smallwood

Ryan matthews for me, might be able to trade him for a qb or another player though instead

So with gordon out...

I'm wondering if I need to trade one of my rbs for a wr.

I have zeke, cj and c. Michael, with ware and henry on the bench.

The only wrs I have on my team now are a rob, maclin and d jax.

I was offered amari cooper for michael.

Should I make that trade or stick with my 4 viable wrs and rbs for now?

Trade offer

I'm giving Crowell and Sterling shepard and I get Mark Ingram and Allen Hurns..

My WRs are Michael Thomas, Allen Robinson, Tyrell Williams and Eric Decker.

My other RBs are Melvin Gordon, Latavius Murray, Tevin Coleman, and Jordan Howard

I'm leaning towards taking it.

So you'd have both Allen Hurns and Robinson?

I realize Decker is hurt but I wouldn't want to start 2 WRs on the same team regularly, especially on the Jags offense.

You have a lot of depth at RB and many pieces to move around, it might be better to try and shop for an elite WR with a 2 for 1 than do a lateral move.

So you'd have both Allen Hurns and Robinson?

I realize Decker is hurt but I wouldn't want to start 2 WRs on the same team regularly, especially on the Jags offense.

You have a lot of depth at RB and many pieces to move around, it might be better to try and shop for an elite WR with a 2 for 1 than do a lateral move.
Yeah, I'd have both Robinson and Hurns. The guy whose trading me lost Watkins and needs help at WR as his best is Jordy Nelson.. I'm trying to shop Crowell and Coleman.. But no takers.

If I had that many pieces, I'd probably go try to make a trade for an elite guy. Like potentially Julio Jones on the cheap since he just had a dud week. Or wait and see if the OBJ owner is open for a trade next week. He has a bad matchup against the Vikings, you might be able to make a move

I'd be weary of Coleman if someone offered, just screams trade bait lol. He has overperformed for his limited number of touches and is due to come back to earth. The same could be said of L. Murray

If I had that many pieces, I'd probably go try to make a trade for an elite guy. Like potentially Julio Jones on the cheap since he just had a dud week. Or wait and see if the OBJ owner is open for a trade next week. He has a bad matchup against the Vikings, you might be able to make a move

I'd be weary of Coleman if someone offered, just screams trade bait lol. He has overperformed for his limited number of touches and is due to come back to earth. The same could be said of L. Murray

I agree.. I made an offer to the guy who has Freeman so I can give him his handcuff.

I offered
Crowell
Coleman
Latavius

For
Mike Evans and Jonathan Stewart..

I'm hoping he'll take that and if not, go from there and see if I can make a deal elsewhere.

toneroni

Need some lineup help gaf bros -

PPR Flex, pick 1: Duke Johnson/Tamme/Humphries/Woods?
Leaning towards Duke
It's probably a good idea to drop one of em for Ingram's handcuff too right? (I didn't nab Cmike for Rawls)
Think I'll drop Tamme since Olsen is usually healthy.

14 team PPR league:
Eli he a tough matchup this week. Should I drop someone for Flacco? Can drop a TE (Brate/Tamme) or Humphries since I have decent WR.
Considering it since I left Hill in my Flex by accident instead of swapping him out for a WR.

Standard league RB, pick 1:
Sims/Crowell/Jones/Ivory/D Wash.
Leaning towards Crowell and probably keeping Tyrell as Flex over one of the RBs or Edelman.

Top Bottom