• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

NYR

Julio Jones. THREE HUNDRED FUCKING YARDS.

Wow. 6th highest single game total ever. Game isn't even over.

nillapuddin

My early game observations from my team

Barnidge is back
Sharpe is droppable
CMike is legit
I drafted Brandin Cooks without knowing who it was, and I think it was a mistake

Jims

Redskins/Browns bailed me out this week (Reed and Crowell). Everyone else was blah. With Will Fuller out there, this might be the new reality of Deandre Hopkins. Will be good and solid and stuff overall, but there's the potential to disappear randomly.

I know he just put up 100 yards so this isn't a completely fresh observation, but I think Matt Jones might be consistently usable now. They had two offensive line injuries last week and brought in these bigger guys to play center and guard. Their running game looked much better this week. And Jay Gruden actually started calling running plays, instead of chucking the ball 40 times. Matt Jones might be a decent RB2 worth trading for. Wish I had gone for it last week.

GrapeApes

Was just going to stream QBs this year. Matt Ryan probably the best waiver wire pick up for me. Don't see myself rostering more than one QB until his bye.

necrosis

How in the world could you have ever dropped Matt Ryan for (the now-gimped) Trevor Siemian? Was alcohol involved? It's okay if it was.

streaming qbs until brady gets back and historically ryan has not given me much incentive to trust him

oh well

Tom Nook

I'm also one of those who had Ryan as a stream QB last week, then picked up Cousins due to the match up.

Should've stayed with the hot hand regardless of the matchup...

UberTag

I'm also one of those who had Ryan as a stream QB last week, then picked up Cousins due to the match up.

Should've stayed with the hot hand regardless of the matchup...
Streaming QBs for matchup doesn't seem to be paying much in the way of dividends this season... unless it's against the Lions or Falcons.

Good news for streamers, though... Paxton Lynch could get the start against Atlanta in Week 5.
As for Matt Ryan, he's just plain good right now.

GrapeApes

He's had one hell of a bounce-back season after being trash last year.
Still worried he could turn into a pumpkin. Will keep riding the hot hand until he gives me a reason not to or I can trade for a starting back. Normally wouldn't think QBs have trade value but I didn't get laughed out when I offered Ryan for Jamaal Charles last week.

DH81vbj.png

Knowing my luck next week I'll be lucky to break 100 points.

nillapuddin

7I0y9Jel.png

le sigh.

the worst part is I wont know until after mnf if fuller cost me the game or not
so help me god if I lost by 20 or less though

starting fuller ros if true.

gunna try and drop sharpe for j brown, I shoulda stayed true : /

nillapuddin

wow, them giving that TD to williams instead of Bell might have cost me a punchers chance.

if I had played Fuller Id be -2 points with Diggs vs blair walsh. feels bad man.

NYR

Ah, nice 30 point lead heading into SNF, opponent only has Big Ben left. Gonna take it easy and watch a movie, just finished it. Let me just check he score aaaaaannnndd.......

F
U
C
K

nillapuddin

Ah, nice 30 point lead heading into SNF, opponent only has Big Ben left. Gonna take it easy and watch a movie, just finished it. Let me just check he score aaaaaannnndd.......

F
U
C
K

you poor thing

Just need Diggs to outscore Walsh by 27.9 points.

Eli and Sterling Shepard can't score more than 45 points tomorrow.. Right? Ugh. Hate coming down to Monday night and watching the other persons score crawl up.

Man.. Ware.. I was really regretting benching McKinnon for -1.5 points for a while. Glad he at least got some yards back. Better than Hopkins at least..

Hazelhurst

I benched Eli Manning in favor of Trevor Siemian. I should've grabbed Flaco instead. Damn.

Now I just need the Vikings DST and Jerick Mckinnon to get over 14 points combined to get a win this week. Man, it's going to be a stressful Monday night.

Can the Giants D score 11 points for me tomorrow? I'll be praying to the Fantasy Gods tonight.

Just for context, 11 D/STs scored 10 or more points in my league this week. A few INTs or a defensive TD would seal it

I need McKinnon and Rudolph to outscore Minnesota's Defense to win this week. Not expecting anything from Rudolph because of my horrible luck with TE's so far (started a different one every week because they keep getting injured) so I'm going to hope Eli doesn't throw a taint.

nillapuddin

I never draft guys I don't know, but I did with cooks cause I was in a quick turn around snake pick panic mode.

What is he? Is he a bust, why was his ESPN ranking so high? Why must I cry?

I never draft guys I don't know, but I did with cooks cause I was in a quick turn around snake pick panic mode.

What is he? Is he a bust, why was his ESPN ranking so high? Why must I cry?

Eh Cooks is one of the biggest boom or bust guys out there. The emergence of Willie Sneed doesn't help his case but he's still the #1 receiver on an awful Saints team so there's a lot of garbage points to be had.

Another thing to be considered is that Brees is pretty much deadweight on the road. He's pretty bad so that hinders Cooks upside as well.

Cooks is good but I wouldn't say he's an every week starter.

nillapuddin

Eh Cooks is one of the biggest boom or bust guys out there. The emergence of Willie Sneed doesn't help his case but he's still the #1 receiver on an awful Saints team so there's a lot of garbage points to be had.

Another thing to be considered is that Brees is pretty much deadweight on the road. He's pretty bad so that hinders Cooks upside as well.

Cooks is good but I wouldn't say he's an every week starter.

Well, shit.

Looking at numbers it just seems like Bree's spreads the ball around so much, but I also read SD has a legit CB who was on him all day.

O well, hopefully Fuller and Diggs keep this up.

Does anyone watch TEN to see what's up with Sharpe? Every time they came on Redzone yesterday they were throwing to Johnson. Gunna attempt to swap him for Brown now that he seems back in the swing.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
damnit had a such a bright future for my week 4, and now it's coming down to MNF and my giants kicker vs. Diggs

I'm up two points but this is going to be a rough and stressful night...not holding out much hope, already looking forward to next week. i'll be 2-2 if(when) I lose tonight.

had Flacco, AB, Mccoy, and D. Murray go off this week.... everyone else flatlined... seriously like Snead put up 1 catch. really effed me. Pitta was pitiful, T.Benjamin did nothing...

Opp had Big Ben, L.Bell, M.Gordon. jimmy graham... can't believe its this close of a game now, on paper I was going to win..I know you cant go by projectiosn but all the way until sunday night I was 80% to win... now i'm the underdog...

Ptaaty

Eli and Sterling Shepard can't score more than 45 points tomorrow.. Right? Ugh. Hate coming down to Monday night and watching the other persons score crawl up.

Man.. Ware.. I was really regretting benching McKinnon for -1.5 points for a while. Glad he at least got some yards back. Better than Hopkins at least..

Unless MN has a weakness on D that no one else has found yet (maybe fast receivers?) probably not a worry for you.

Giants run D is strong, McKinnon hasn't showed anything this year (that line....). Ware and the Chiefs sucked it up...but you made the right call. Yeah McKinnon could go off, but based on the consensus and logic, you made the right call.

Tom Nook

Down 7 pts with Diggs left...

Dear Mr. Bradford,

Please throw to Mr. Diggs.

Thank you.

Dear Mr. Diggs,

Please catch the ball.

Thank you.

I already posted a record low two weeks in a row so I want you all to suffer with me

Diggs gets nothing
Giants kicker gets negative points
Minnesota defense gets -25

And then the Vikings STILL win

Down 16 (PPR) and have Eli, OBJ, and Kyle Rudolph against Sterling Shepard. The rook needs to take a back seat tonight.

John Kuhn really fucking the world today.

I chuckled at this, even though it hurt. Had Cooks, Fleener, and Ingram and only Ingram did anything. Plus I was against Brees. Too much stock in what is ultimately a crappy team.

phanphare

Banned
as long as the giants defense doesn't get -11 I win, already have the win locked up in my other league

had julio in one league and was still sweating at those garbage time lev bell carries

Tom Nook

Down 16 (PPR) and have Eli, OBJ, and Kyle Rudolph against Sterling Shepard. The rook needs to take a back seat tonight.

I chuckled at this, even though it hurt. Had Cooks, Fleener, and Ingram and only Ingram did anything. Plus I was against Brees. Too much stock in what is ultimately a crappy team.

You got this.

Rudolph alone got this.

After Diggs get 7 pts......

Tom Nook

as long as the giants defense doesn't get -11 I win, already have the win locked up in my other league

had julio in one league and was still sweating at those garbage time lev bell carries

You can just bench the Giants Def. Win is a win plus trying to get the highest priority wavier.

Ended up scoring 56 points this week, had 2 (maybe 3) injuries (Siemian, dwayne washington and I think Charles Sims-I didn't see the game so i'm not entirely sure.)

I had a first good couple of weeks but my roster is pretty bad and there's not much to pick up on waivers (12 man league.)

Oh well, I learned a lot in terms of the draft (first year playing fantasy) and i'm hoping next year goes better.

DKehoe

My opponent in this week's matchup had Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. I was projected to win this matchup by 20 points. I don't think that will be happening now.

Top Bottom